India-Drive

2 hours ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

Yes it is an open place (commercial) / Resort, one can make bookings online on their website! I am not too sure of the price, but I remember spending about 24 - 26 k for 4 days and 3 nights accommodation. Pictures.... I will be able to share it once I am back from Tirupathi this weekend, I remember I have them on my Desktop / External HD. Meanwhile, you can look out for more information about this place on their website 👇

https://www.thewindflower.com/bandipur/resorts-hotels.html

The resort looks killer but very much on an expensive side :) Looks definitely worth the price ..

• Like 2

Awesome monsoon drive team. I don't this it's call pre-monsoon after seeing those pictures. It looks like a peak monsoon drive :D. Super work on the report @Sridhar. The resort looks superb as if it is located in between the forest territory. :)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By reddysridhar53
      Hey Guys,

I am planning a road trip from Hyderabad to Leh Ladakh in December. 
      Its 15 day trip which starts from Hyderabad. Can someone help me with the Do's and Dont's.
      Thanks for the help guys.
    • By sbhamidi
      Hello all,
      Planning to go to Bengaluru in a while from now. Any recommendations on the route or places to stop, precautions etc.

Bangalore highway:

• By RajG
      After staying abroad for five years.
      I decided to come back to India for good.

Reason for the drive?
      You will find out soon.. 🙃

Top three places to visit in Chikmagalur:
      1. Mullayangiri
      2. Baba Budangiri
      3. Jehri waterfalls

Route 1:
      Best route from Hyderabad to Chikmagalur
      Hyderabad --> Kurnool --> Ananthapur --> Doddaballapura --> Visveswarapura--> Hassan --> Chikmagalur

Hyderabad to Doddaballapura : Excellent 4-lane toll road
      Doddaballapura to Visveswarapura : Single road, road condition is average, but helps in avoiding Bangalore traffic.
      You can skip Banaglore traffic using this bypass.
      Visveswarapura to Hassan : Excellent 4-lane toll road
      Hassan to Chikmagalur : Single road, road condition is excellent.

It took us around 13 hour to cover this route, while coming back from Chikmagalur to Hyderabad. 

Route 2:
      Worst route from Hyderabad to Chikmagalur
      Hyderabad --> Kurnool --> Ananthapur --> Challakere --> Hiriyur --> Chikmagalur

We took this route, while going from Hyderabad to Chikmagalur, just to check the status.
      It is a bad decision.  Roads are very bad once you divert from Ananthapur. There are some mud tracks. Too many diversions. No proper dhabas. No proper fuel options. Avoid this route at any cost.  

Hyderabad to Chikmagalur four days road trip plan and hotel details:

Day 1:
      Hyderabad to Chikmagalur town
      Accommodation in Chikmagalur town
      On day 1, it is better to take accommodation in the Chikmagalur town.
      Reason? Accommodations are cheap and good in the town.
      By the time you reach Chikmagalur it will be evening, it is better to stay in town.
      Most of the sight seeing spots are under 40~50 kilometres from the Chikmagalur town. 

Accommodation :
      Name : Hotel Blue Perl Chikmagalur Price : 2.5k per day (3 pax) Hotel Rating : 5/5 New construction Car parking is avilable Rooms are modern and neat Gobibo url  
      Day 2: 
      Chikmagalur town to Mulyangiri
      Mulyangiri is a must visit place in Chikmagalur, it is the highest peak in Karnataka. It is around 20 kilometres from town.  Roads are little tricky but, it is accessible by all cars. Dedicated car parking available 200 steps from the parking, need to some energy to climb. Carry water and don't litter. There is temple at the hill top, with beautiful view. Weather can be spoil sport, some time visibility is almost zero and some times it is clear. Luckily we experienced both  
      Accommodation :
      Name : Kuteer home stay Price : 14k per day (6 pax) Food : 4k per day (6 pax)  (Includes: Bonfire,Lunch, Evening snacks, Dinner and breakfast) Hotel Rating : 4.5/5 Food : Only vegetarian, but the quality is good, would rate 5/5 Location is tough to reach, low GC cars will have tough time.  But they have jeep facility (for less  experienced drivers better to take jeep and park the car at the parking) Resort is very isolated better to visit only in group. View from the resort is best. They have two villas, each villa can accommodate around 10 members.  Staff is very supportive.  Carry all the stuff along with you, there are no shops/hotels around the resort.  You can carry your own liquor but it is tricky if you get caught at the forest check-post. Forest check-post is present at the entrance of the hill section, they check the cars randomly. For booking you can call the resort owner. You need to do the full/advance payment while booking. Issues? Too many insects, but it is expected when we say in the nature.   
      Day 3
      Jahari waterfalls, it is around 2 kilomters from the home stay. You can visit this place in home stay jeep. 4x4 territory, don't attempt in your own car. Since we stay very close to waterfalls, we reached the place early. It is completely empty, not even a single person is present. Baba Budangiri is a must visit place.  Once you enter Baba Budangiri road drive till the end point, i.e Manikyadhara waterfalls. There are multiple view points.   
      Accommodation :
      Same as above

Day 4 :
      Drive from Chikmagalur to Hyderabad.
      It took us around 13 hours. We started around 9AM and we reached home around 10PM. We also tried the famous Kothakota chicken, food is strictly average.  

Total trip cost (6 members)
      Accommodation : 5k(day 1) + 14k(day 2) + 14k(day 3) = 33k Fuel : 11kmpl (1600 kilometres) = 10k Food : 3k(day 1) + 4k (day 2)+ 4k (day 3) + 4k (day 4) = 19k  
      Picture credits: @Ranger
    • By Ranger
      Hyderabad international airport (RGIA) offers you convenient parking facilities. 
      It has around 3000 car parking facilities at different zones.

Car parking pricing at Hyderabad  airport RGIA(personal cars):
      Rs.50.00 for first half-an-hour Rs.80 for half an hour to one hour Rs.100.00 for one hour to two hours Rs.40.00 for each subsequent hour or part thereof Rs.300.00 for 24 hours  
      Hyderabad international airport parking fee for two days?
      For first day it is 300/- and from the second day maximum charge is 200/- (or based on number of hours)
      So the price for two full days is 500/-

Hyderabad international airport parking fee for three days?
      Price: 700/-

Hyderabad international airport parking fee for four days?
      Price : 900/-

Hyderabad international airport parking fee for five days?
      Price : 1100/-

Where is the long term parking area in Hyderabad airport?
      There is a separate parking space for the long term parking beside Go-Karting. But you can park it any place you want.  No one cares at the exit, you just need to pay the amount based on your check-in time.  Personally, i would suggest to park in the busy area for better security (close to McDonalds)  
      Less parking fee for the people who came for Go-Karting?
      You will be charged 40/- for four hours, many people are not aware of this discount. 

Is it safe to park long term at Hyderabad airport? 
      Last year there are few allegations about the theft of nifty parts like wiper blades, side view mirrors etc
      No major issues reported so far. 
  • Mobile App downloads