IMG-20180110-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20180110-WA0015.jpg

IMG-20180110-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20180110-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20180110-WA0011.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ranger said:

Snowfall in Ooty

Snow in ooty...No wonder! Amazing pictures....

I stayed in Bandipur forest in Aug 2017. We stayed in that night surrounded by thousands of Deers, peacocks,  wild boars.....Its wonderful experience. We spotted these animals near our stay while going for dinner @9pm. Heard that these animals come and stay at the safari office place in fear of tigers/panthers.

Edited by sahil
  • Like 3

Lovely pictures @prabhum. Is this the beginning of the Ice age now.. Lol~ Quite amused to see the snow fall in a place which hasn't experienced it anytime before.

1 hour ago, sahil said:

I stayed in Bandipur forest in Aug 2017. We stayed in that night surrounded by thousands of Deers, peacocks,  wild boars.....Its wonderful experience. We spotted these animals near our stay while going for dinner @9pm. Heard that these animals come and stay at the safari office place in fear of tigers/panthers.

Awesome @sahil. I have experienced a leopard's chase on a deer and how the forest animals reacted to the situation conveying a hunt for other preys during the safari. It was an exciting experience too. Can you share the name of the place or resort where you have stayed in Bandipur ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sahil said:

its at Safari office guests houses.

Rooms are OK types. 

Bandhipur is a fantastic place.
Lately traffic has became pain on the forest road.

It is tough to stopover for animal spotting.
Even If you find a place to stop, heavy fines are imposed on the vehicles. 

Around 2009, traffic is very less.
We used to stop where ever we want.
Forest rangers used to tell us not to stop for long periods. 
Now the situation is changed completely.  

3 hours ago, sahil said:

http://bandipurtigerreserve.in/BTRBooking/#/login its at Safari office guests houses.

Rooms are OK types. 

But the Staying in the night is amazing experience. They have small restaurant which provides basic dinner, breakfast and some snacks. Not many options though. Food is tasty.

We did 2 safaris one in the evening and the other in the morning. Some guys behind our vehicle spotted panther. There was a rain during that night and the next day morning safari is really fabulous. And the driver took us to interior places. 

3 hours ago, Ranger said:

Now the situation is changed completely.  

That's True. You shouldn't stop on the Road. There are sign boards for the same. Some times if you are lucky, elephants will cross the road and all the traffic will be stopped!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Ranger
      If you are the one who love cars, road trips, mountains, forests, beaches, dawns & dusks, roads less travelled, coastal lines.. you must have surely clicked a good amount of car pictures 
      Note: Copyrights of the image will remain with the photographer. 
      The community recognise that the entrant or the author of the photograph, retains complete and full ownership of the copyright in each submission.

• By Manan
      Hi.
      I am planning to drive from Mumbai to Srisailam with family. I would be the only driver and so will need night breaks in between. I am confused about the route to take post Solapur. Google map shows 2 routes one via Gulbarga and other via Zaheerabad. Which one is better and a 4 track road with dividers? One friend suggested instead it drive till hubali then to Bellary and then reach Srisailam as the road is good and the total distance might increase only by 150 kms. Please guide. Thanks 
    • By sahil
      Any suggestions for the coming Jan 26th long weekend drives near Hyderabad?

Less than 100 KM?
      Exclude(Already completed)
      Vikarabad Bidar  Sanghi temple  
      I can see following options. Any thing else?
      Singur Dam Medhak
    • By Ranger
      A quick video of our recent drive from Hyderabad to Himalayas. Watch in 1080P

• By Pralay
      Got very confused where to park my write-up. So keeping it under travelogue section. Mods please shift it to appropriate thread if required.

Where:
      Pala-Pitta Cycling Track, Opposite Botanical Garden, Kondapur, Hyderabad

Why:
      To get some fresh air, morning breeze!

Timing:
      Weekend- Morning 6 to 12 & afternoon 3 to 6 PM.
      Weekdays- Morning 6 to 10 & afternoon 4 to 6 PM.

Pricing:
      For adult it’s Rs 50 (One visit, hourly) & monthly Rs 800 if you want cycle on rent along with the park. But If you own a cycle, then Rs 25(hourly) & Rs 400 respectively for one visit & monthly. Please see an image below (though “hourly” not mentioned but the tariff is on hourly basis)

Payment:
      Cash/Paytm.

Parking:
      2 wheeler parking is just in front of the main gate. 4 wheels can park their vehicles just few meters before the entrance gate, if coming from Kondapur. Below picture is for reference:

Safety gear etc.:
      i)   Helmets are available there, you can pick for yourself. They will not give you (as usual casual approach for safety).
      ii)  Basic first aid kit is available at the counter.
      iii) No bottle holder in the cycles on rent. However you can take your own water bottle to keep it in the payment counter to have a sip while retuning the cycle.
      iv) Toilet facility is available  
      v)  No eateries are available till date for breakfast or evening snacks

“Hey there’s a cycling park near botanical garden, should we try in tomorrow morning?" – My wife told saturday evening. Cycling or any sort of sport activity is always my cup of tea. Also I can have a small morning car ride to reach the place .. so agreed & plan is all set.

Woke up around 6 in the morning to reach the place at least by 7 O’clock. And we took the Gachibowli-Miyapur road. At the botanical garden crossing took the right turn and few meters drive, we found the parking area on the opposite side of the road (opposite to botanical garden main gate). Parked the car & took a walk to reach the place (barely 50-100 meters).

As I mentioned, two wheeler can park just in front of the main gate. But 4 wheels please find the parking area just few meters away. Your car will be safe so as our road! Please don’t park your car just like that. Just because its not mentioned where the parking is, does not mean one can park like this. It’s a common sense! Don’t know what gatekeeper or security was upto when these cars were parked here!!

Tariff, Timings, contact numbers:-

Cash counter, cycle shed on the left, just after entrance, people sitting with laptop are collecting fees. After payment, proceed straight to the cycle shed. Choose the cycle & helmet of your choice, show the ticket to the person in charge of the shed while taking out cycle.

Cycle shed:-

Helmet to collect from here:

My wife was taking a sip from the water bottle while I took a snap of our ride of the day!

Take only left after coming out from the counter...

... because most of the track is "one way". Notice many of the visitors are cycling without helmet.

Please follow these basic rules:-

This rule is applicable on road as well:-

It has some twist & turns to push into those corners 

It has got water body, which is bliss on a morning ride:-

Me & my wife while taking a photo-shoot break!

Now enjoy some random shots of the cycle park. Please be considerable while taking your snaps. Park the cycle on the left side & yes better not to take if the track is crowded, its better if you take those photos while its relatively free.

Overall we had a great time & planning to visit this place once again!

Signing off!!
      Cheers.

• Our picks