Distance : 90  kilometers from Gachibowli

Kohir hills Highlights:

• Windmills
  • Zero crowd
  • Calm and peaceful
  • Ideal place for nature lovers

GPS location tag : Google maps

Capture.JPG

• Mr. Vamshi has guided us to this beautiful place.
  • A well spent weekend which involved a cars photo shoot in a cloudy and fresh village environment.
  • Monsoons and winters would be the best time to visit.
  • Villagers are friendly. Would suggest to go along with group as the area is remote.
  • Like 6

First view of the windmills and locals called them fans.DSC_0825-01.jpeg

Our cars looked so tiny in size on comparison.

DSC_0833-01.jpeg

JDM

DSC_0852-01.jpeg

Taken from a YI action camera. Went over board just for fun.

YDXJ0248-01.jpeg

Over head shot

YDXJ0262-01.jpeg

150 degree view, too wide?

YDXJ0271-01.jpeg

Arrow head

YDXJ0268-01.jpeg

We spent around an hour and moved to the next location, which is just a kilometer away from the first windmill.

DSC_0876-01.jpeg

• Like 4

This wind mill is located on the hill top

DSC_0878-01.jpeg

View point from the hill

DSC_0886-01.jpeg

We parked the low GC cars and started exploring the hill in EcoSport.

DSC_0902-01.jpeg

More wind mills

DSC_0900-01.jpeg

Saran started pushing his car on to those empty lands and it's time to kick in some dust.

DSC_0933-01.jpeg

DSC_0932-02.jpeg

DSC_0978-01.jpeg

It was short and a quick meet.
It was nice meeting Vamshi for the first time and we were amazed how his lancer had performed throughout the drive.

Varun's and Saran's black mambas rocked as usual. 

Hope to have more exciting breakfast drives on the coming weekends.
Interested members can join us for the next weekend.
Thank you.

• Like 10

It is short and quick meet.

It was nice meeting Vamshi for the first time, We are amazed how his lancer performed through out the drive.

Varun and Saran black mambas rock as usual. 

Thank you.

Nice clicks, Guys if anything is planned next weekend, do let me know... [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using India-Drive

• Like 4

Nice clicks, Guys if anything is planned next weekend, do let me know... [emoji846]

Sure.
We will update you.
We may go on a breakfast drive next Sunday.

Place is not yet finalized, something under 100 kilometers.
  • Like 3

It was a great meet with Gowtham, Saran and Varun.

I really enjoyed the drive with you guys...
The weather is so nice for this event.
Yeah...It's our first meet and made memorable....
Thanks again Gowtham for invitation for this Automotive photography event.

IMG_2422.jpg

IMG_2429.jpg

IMG_2434.jpg

IMG_2436.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

IMG_2456.jpg

IMG_2457.jpg

IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2480.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

IMG_2487.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

IMG_2539.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg

• Like 7

Brilliant captures Vamshi and Gowtham.. The weather looked perfect and so did the crew. Nothing like a drive with like minded enthusiasts who would not have any target of hitting to a certain destination. Missed it this time and I'm gonna make sure that I won't the next weekend.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, TDI said:

It was a great meet with Gowtham, Saran and Varun.

I really enjoyed the drive with you guys...
The weather is so nice for this event.
Yeah...It's our first meet and made memorable....

Beautiful pictures @TDI 
It was great meet indeed.
Thank you for guiding us to the beautiful place.

Any suggestion about the coming weekend. Please add a place to the list.
Lets plan something on Saturday/ Sunday. @sagar @varunc @TDI @Saran @sbhamidi

Under 100 kilometers from Hyderabad (options)

1. Vikarabad (breakfast), explore the lakes.

2. Manjeera dam, Medak.

Start in the morning and come back by lunch.

• Like 4

Few of my clicks (few more to come)... It was great meeting you Vamsi @TDI

Looking forward for more rides...

2017-06-11-17-04-26.jpg

2017-06-11-17-12-16.jpg

2017-06-11-17-21-03.jpg

2017-06-11-17-28-50.jpg

2017-06-11-18-48-23.jpg

2017-06-11-18-56-52.jpg

2017-06-11-19-02-02.jpg

2017-06-11-19-15-03.jpg

2017-06-11-19-18-16.jpg

2017-06-12-09-46-24.jpg

2017-06-12-09-56-58.jpg

2017-06-12-10-06-25.jpg

2017-06-12-10-12-32.jpg

2017-06-12-10-22-23.jpg

2017-06-12-10-40-15.jpg

2017-06-12-10-52-26.jpg

2017-06-12-11-03-07.jpg

2017-06-12-11-07-13.jpg

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Saran said:

Few of my clicks (few more to come)... It was great meeting you Vamshi

Great pictures.

Compiling the video, Will post it once the editing is completed. 

• Like 2

All Guys trip ?? ¬¬ We are watching hain na  @shammy @ShreyaS

1 hour ago, sagar said:

Super pictures @Saran .. @Ranger Paint your car in Red or Black. It will definitely be a cynosure :D

@Ranger try those red lines on the  edges of the spokes to the alloy ! they are looking fab :x

• Like 3

All Guys trip ?? [emoji19] We are watching hain na  [mention=49]shammy[/mention] [mention=275]ShreyaS[/mention]

We guys went to explore the place coz it's new for us also as we don't know if the place is safe or not. We had this discussion yesterday also...

Sent from my S7 - Using India-Drive App

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sruthi said:

All Guys trip ??

We went to recce the spot for the next meetup.
Villagers are friendly they invited us to their home.

They asked us following questions :
How much does your car cost?
Why are guys coming in separate cars, wasting diesel?

What is your salary?Are you married?You have kids? :D

Personally I had great fun interacting with them.  

19 minutes ago, Saran said:

We guys went to explore the place coz it's new for us also as we don't know if the place is safe or not.

Yeah, place is very isolated. May not be safe for families. 

Awesome pictures guys.. I am hearing this place for the first time.. Do we really have wind mills 90 kms close by Hyderabad? I am still surprised :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Awesome pictures guys.. I am hearing this place for the first time.. Do we really have wind mills 90 kms close by Hyderabad? I am still surprised :rolleyes:

Yeah, it is under 90 kilometers from Gachibowli.
Just before Zaheerabad.

It is little away from highway.(1 kilometer)
Even we are not aware of it.
@TDI guided us to this place.
Early morning is the best time to visit.
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2017 at 4:26 PM, Ranger said:

It was short and a quick meet.
It was nice meeting Vamshi for the first time and we were amazed how his lancer had performed throughout the drive.

Varun's and Saran's black mambas rocked as usual. 

Thank you.

Nice click guys.. Do let me know if anything planned for coming weekend, I will plan to join :) 

• Like 2

Nice click guys.. Do let me know if anything planned for coming weekend, I will plan to join [emoji4] 

Great, we may plan a Meetup this Saturday/Sunday.

Keep an eye on the "Drive meetup" section.

• Like 1

superb stuff guys.. Do we have any drift videos lined up in this thread [emoji3] ?

On the way

Sent from my S7 - Using India-Drive App

• Like 5

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By mustafa
      How is the road condition from Hyderabad to Mahabaleshwar? Which route is the best?
    • By Jagan24
      Trip Details: Hyderabad to Ethipothala Waterfalls via Nagarjuna Sagar
      Duration: 2 Days
      Vehicle: dZire

Route:
      Hyderabad > Nagarjuna Sagar > Ethipothala falls

This was one of our regular weekend getaways. We plan all of a sudden, start late and end up reaching the place very late as usual.  so we had to stay overnight and explore the remainder of the places next day.

We started late at around 11 in the morning (4 Guys, 1 Car) and reached Ethipothala waterfalls by 7 PM exploring several places in between and taking lots of breaks for photography, food etc. To reach the destination, you need to take a left turn after approximately 14kms from Nagarjuna Sagar. After taking the left, again you need to drive for approximately 11 km. Dont remember the exact details though. 

The waterfall is located inside the Haritha resort. We booked accommodation after reaching there. There were approximately 6 rooms (2 AC and 4 Non AC). The rooms were ill maintained (lot of ants, termites and monkeys in the surroundings). The overall look and feel of the location is acceptable but maintenance is on the poorer side because the number of people who prefer to stay there overnight is very low.

There is a restaurant inside the resort as well but they close by 9 PM in the night. You will not get any food after that time. 

After we reached the resort, we got fresh up, ordered food from the restaurant and started exploring the resort and the 11 km stretch. The waterfall is adjacent to the resort but we couldn't see anything in the night but could hear the sound of the water fall. 

After the brief exploration session, we came back to our rooms, had food and went to sleep in those badly maintained rooms. 

Woke up the next morning and there were a lot of monkeys making lot of noise in the premises. Explored the resort in the day light along with the water falls. The surroundings of the Waterfalls were scenic.

There were few steps to go down the hill and explore but we cannot go near the waterfall as it was being used as a breeding center for crocodiles. We went down the steps after having breakfast in the restaurant and explored those places for some time. It was quite a task to come up those steps in those sunny days.

Post the exploration sessions, had Lunch in the restaurant and returned back to Hyderabad by Night.

Few Clicks:
      Random Click on the ORR

Haritha Resort

Monkey Having a Sip of Tea  

The breathtaking view of the waterfalls

A View Point

Few pics taken after going down the steps 

Parting Shot.. Guess who is giving a pose for the Camera 

• By Jagan24
      We did a trip to Nagarjuna Sagar during the month of January. I wanted to share the experience here.

Started off on a Saturday morning at around 10AM. Took the usual route to Sagar. Visited a Balaji temple on a small hill enroute. The place was not in the limelight so less crowd and 2 min drive up the hill was exciting. No railing and very steep. The views from the top of the hill were superb.

View of The Wonderla from the ORR. Took it from a moving car.

The Balaji Temple enroute to Sagar

Excellent Views from the Hilltop. The route which leads to the top of the hill is also clearly visible.

A Light Moment

Stopped for Lunch at Hotel Sidhartha near Boudha Sthupas. Spent some time exploring the place after Lunch. Resumed again for Sagar. The road was nice and very less traffic. Stopped again on the road side to take few pictures of the distant view of the reservoir. Took some photos and started again.

Distant View of the reservoir

Water Ponds formed by excavations and rains..

Our Trusted Partner Resting on the roadside

After reaching Sagar, we came to know that the boating time was over. So wanted to try our luck on the other side of the reservoir. Reached that place and it closed as well. So no boating. Had lunch at the Haritha hotel and started exploring the place near the reservoir. There were few dingy boats operated by some private agency. He charged us about 20rs per head and would take us into the reservoir and the ride will last for about 30 min. They were kind enough to provide us with the life jackets. As kids were there, we asked him not go too far from the shore. We had good time during those 10 min Dingy ride. There were good views during the Sun set in that area. 

• By Jagan24
      We did a trip to Warangal and Laknavaram lake during the end of 2017(Dec 30th and 31st). I just want to share the overall experience in the forum. This is my first post so please forgive me for any mistakes.

This was not a planned trip (We usually do not plan any trips ). We were a total of 9 ppl(7 adults and two kids). We started off with a car(dZire) and a bike(Bullet). We started on a saturday at around 11AM from Hyderabad. We took the ORR from Medchal, got down at the Ghatkesar exit, had Lunch at Vivera on the way. Food was good and Spicy. They had some play area as well for kids. Continued post Lunch to Warangal, Stayed in a hotel named Gayathri Grand near to Railway Station. The Hotel was very good but a bit on the expensive side. We went to Bhadrakali Temple in the evening through the busy and narrow streets of Warangal. As we have not planned any places to visit, we had very bad time in figuring out the places to visit and using google maps to find our way to the destinations. 
      The temple had very less number of people and we had our Darshan freely. After that, we retired back to our hotel rooms. Had dinner in the restaurant and dozed off in the cozy rooms.

Got ready by 8AM the next morning, had breakfast and went to 1000 Pillar temple. We used google maps for the way to the temple but somehow google was directing us into a small lane behind the temple. Somehow we figured out the actual route and went inside. The temple was a bit busy being it a sunday. We could not actually visit the 1000 pillar mandapa because of some renovation work being carried out.

After visiting the thousand pillar temple, we started off to Laknavarm lake. Here again, if we search for Laknavaram in google maps, it is taking us to a different place. We had to use Laknavaram lake and follow the maps. The route was very good and we cruised off on both the vehicles. There were no much food joints available on the way. Before we reach Mulugu village, google was directing us to a right lane. We took the lane and somehow suspected that it might not be the actual route. Spoke to few locals and got to know about the actual route which is near to Mulugu village. Once we neared the destination, there was a heavy rush and we were not allowed to go inside with our car and were asked to park in a nearby place. This was because of some traffic jam, the officials told. After waiting for about half an hour, we were allowed to start again. There was about 2,5KM of distance to be covered and that was a bit tricky drive because of the heavy traffic and we had to get off the road at regular intervals. The roads were also risky being them on the edge of a hill. Once we reached the destination, there was no proper parking available and people were parking wherever they find some empty area. It was a task for us to park our vehicle so that it will not block anybody else's path. It was already around 1PM in the afternoon. We went near the lake bridge and it was full of tourists. There is a lot of waiting time and we decided to go for a Jungle Safari in the meantime. They charged us Rs.50 per head and took us to the other end of the lake in typical forest kind of a road. The road was full of stoned and potholes. We enjoyed the safari ride. The driver dropped us at the location and went back. We were free to roam until he comes back with another batch. We started exploring the place. Basically the place had a Gate and locks mechanism for the lake. Any excess water in the lake will be allowed a free passage from the gates to the other side. They cleverly built few steps on the other side of the water flow to create a miniature waterfalls effect. It was a nice place and we enjoyed there until the driver came back after about 2 hrs. The views were very good on both sides of the lake.

We had to return to hyderabad before midnight for the new years day celebrations and had very less time left now. So we decided to skip visiting the bridge and started back. Returned to our home in hyderabad exactly in the midnight (12:00 Am 31st Dec, 2017) 

No Pictures available for this trip. We are planning to cover the same place again this weekend and will try to take few pics this time.

• By Ranger
      1. Register yourself on the website.
      https://www.india-drive.com/index.php?/login/

2. Subscribe to the thread
      Click on the below post.

https://www.india-drive.com/index.php?/topic/257-hyderabad-weekend-drive-meetups/

Click on the follow button on the top right area(Desktop)

On mobile chrome browser click on follow button which is located at the bottom of Post

https://www.india-drive.com/index.php?/topic/257-hyderabad-weekend-drive-meetups/

Subscribe to the post. You will receive emails related to drive meetups.
  • Our picks