India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Ranger

Hyderabad to Kohir hills, road trip

Kohir hills : Hyderabad weekend getaway

DSC_0933-01.jpeg

Distance : 90  kilometers from Gachibowli

Kohir hills Highlights:

• Windmills
  • Zero crowd
  • Calm and peaceful
  • Ideal place for nature lovers

GPS location tag : Google maps

Capture.JPG

• Mr. Vamshi has guided us to this beautiful place.
  • A well spent weekend which involved a cars photo shoot in a cloudy and fresh village environment.
  • Monsoons and winters would be the best time to visit.
  • Villagers are friendly. Would suggest to go along with group as the area is remote.
  • Like 7

First view of the windmills and locals called them fans.DSC_0825-01.jpeg

Our cars looked so tiny in size on comparison.

DSC_0833-01.jpeg

JDM

DSC_0852-01.jpeg

Taken from a YI action camera. Went over board just for fun.

YDXJ0248-01.jpeg

Over head shot

YDXJ0262-01.jpeg

150 degree view, too wide?

YDXJ0271-01.jpeg

Arrow head

YDXJ0268-01.jpeg

We spent around an hour and moved to the next location, which is just a kilometer away from the first windmill.

DSC_0876-01.jpeg

• Like 5

This wind mill is located on the hill top

DSC_0878-01.jpeg

View point from the hill

DSC_0886-01.jpeg

We parked the low GC cars and started exploring the hill in EcoSport.

DSC_0902-01.jpeg

More wind mills

DSC_0900-01.jpeg

Saran started pushing his car on to those empty lands and it's time to kick in some dust.

DSC_0933-01.jpeg

DSC_0932-02.jpeg

DSC_0978-01.jpeg

It was short and a quick meet.
It was nice meeting Vamshi for the first time and we were amazed how his lancer had performed throughout the drive.

Varun's and Saran's black mambas rocked as usual. 

Hope to have more exciting breakfast drives on the coming weekends.
Interested members can join us for the next weekend.
Thank you.

• Like 12

It is short and quick meet.

It was nice meeting Vamshi for the first time, We are amazed how his lancer performed through out the drive.

Varun and Saran black mambas rock as usual. 

Thank you.

Nice clicks, Guys if anything is planned next weekend, do let me know...

Sent from my iPhone using India-Drive

• Like 5

Nice clicks, Guys if anything is planned next weekend, do let me know...

Sure.
We will update you.
We may go on a breakfast drive next Sunday.

Place is not yet finalized, something under 100 kilometers.
  • Like 4

It was a great meet with Gowtham, Saran and Varun.

I really enjoyed the drive with you guys...
The weather is so nice for this event.
Yeah...It's our first meet and made memorable....
Thanks again Gowtham for invitation for this Automotive photography event.

IMG_2422.jpg

IMG_2429.jpg

IMG_2434.jpg

IMG_2436.jpg

IMG_2442.jpg

IMG_2445.jpg

IMG_2448.jpg

IMG_2455.jpg

IMG_2456.jpg

IMG_2457.jpg

IMG_2469.jpg

IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2480.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

IMG_2487.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2532.jpg

IMG_2539.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg

• Like 8

Brilliant captures Vamshi and Gowtham.. The weather looked perfect and so did the crew. Nothing like a drive with like minded enthusiasts who would not have any target of hitting to a certain destination. Missed it this time and I'm gonna make sure that I won't the next weekend.

• Like 6

11 hours ago, TDI said:

It was a great meet with Gowtham, Saran and Varun.

I really enjoyed the drive with you guys...
The weather is so nice for this event.
Yeah...It's our first meet and made memorable....

Beautiful pictures @TDI 
It was great meet indeed.
Thank you for guiding us to the beautiful place.

Any suggestion about the coming weekend. Please add a place to the list.
Lets plan something on Saturday/ Sunday. @sagar @varunc @TDI @Saran @sbhamidi

Under 100 kilometers from Hyderabad (options)

1. Vikarabad (breakfast), explore the lakes.

2. Manjeera dam, Medak.

Start in the morning and come back by lunch.

• Like 5

Few of my clicks (few more to come)... It was great meeting you Vamsi @TDI

Looking forward for more rides...

2017-06-11-17-04-26.jpg

2017-06-11-17-12-16.jpg

2017-06-11-17-21-03.jpg

2017-06-11-17-28-50.jpg

2017-06-11-18-48-23.jpg

2017-06-11-18-56-52.jpg

2017-06-11-19-02-02.jpg

2017-06-11-19-15-03.jpg

2017-06-11-19-18-16.jpg

2017-06-12-09-46-24.jpg

2017-06-12-09-56-58.jpg

2017-06-12-10-06-25.jpg

2017-06-12-10-12-32.jpg

2017-06-12-10-22-23.jpg

2017-06-12-10-40-15.jpg

2017-06-12-10-52-26.jpg

2017-06-12-11-03-07.jpg

2017-06-12-11-07-13.jpg

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Saran said:

Few of my clicks (few more to come)... It was great meeting you Vamshi

Great pictures.

Compiling the video, Will post it once the editing is completed. 

• Like 3

All Guys trip ?? ¬¬ We are watching hain na  @shammy @ShreyaS

1 hour ago, sagar said:

Super pictures @Saran .. @Ranger Paint your car in Red or Black. It will definitely be a cynosure :D

@Ranger try those red lines on the  edges of the spokes to the alloy ! they are looking fab :x

• Like 4

All Guys trip ??  We are watching hain na  [mention=49]shammy[/mention] [mention=275]ShreyaS[/mention]

We guys went to explore the place coz it's new for us also as we don't know if the place is safe or not. We had this discussion yesterday also...

Sent from my S7 - Using India-Drive App

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Sruthi said:

All Guys trip ??

We went to recce the spot for the next meetup.
Villagers are friendly they invited us to their home.

They asked us following questions :
How much does your car cost?
Why are guys coming in separate cars, wasting diesel?

What is your salary?Are you married?You have kids? :D

Personally I had great fun interacting with them.  

19 minutes ago, Saran said:

We guys went to explore the place coz it's new for us also as we don't know if the place is safe or not.

Yeah, place is very isolated. May not be safe for families. 

• Like 1

Awesome pictures guys.. I am hearing this place for the first time.. Do we really have wind mills 90 kms close by Hyderabad? I am still surprised :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Awesome pictures guys.. I am hearing this place for the first time.. Do we really have wind mills 90 kms close by Hyderabad? I am still surprised :rolleyes:

Yeah, it is under 90 kilometers from Gachibowli.
Just before Zaheerabad.

It is little away from highway.(1 kilometer)
Even we are not aware of it.
@TDI guided us to this place.
Early morning is the best time to visit.
  • Like 2

On 6/11/2017 at 4:26 PM, Ranger said:

It was short and a quick meet.
It was nice meeting Vamshi for the first time and we were amazed how his lancer had performed throughout the drive.

Varun's and Saran's black mambas rocked as usual. 

Thank you.

Nice click guys.. Do let me know if anything planned for coming weekend, I will plan to join :) 

• Like 3

Nice click guys.. Do let me know if anything planned for coming weekend, I will plan to join  

Great, we may plan a Meetup this Saturday/Sunday.

Keep an eye on the "Drive meetup" section.

• Like 2

superb stuff guys.. Do we have any drift videos lined up in this thread ?

On the way

Sent from my S7 - Using India-Drive App

• Like 6

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Santa86
      Trip Query: Hyderabad to Kolkata Road Trip (Hyd - Vizag - Bhubaneswar - Kolkata) , travelling on 21-Dec-19 Accommodation recommendations: Looking for accommodation in Vizag and BBSR (night halts). Highway food joint recommendations: Any suggestions on lunch point between the following: Hyderabad to Vishakhapatnam Vizag to Bhubaneswar Bhubaneswar to Kolkata No. of days: 2 nights and 3 days (onward) Vehicle : Duster RXS 85PS Places to visit: Planning to cover the below places on the way: Chilka Lake (onward) Dhabaligiri (onward) Konark Temple. (return)
    • By LoneRanger
      Precursor to the Trip: 
      Mr.Daddy calls me up on Oct 2nd in the evening. 

Daddy : I had to work today , who the hell works on Gandhi jayanthi? They don't even sell Liquor today. 
      Me : Chill Macha , we chose this job. And have to take everything it throws at us. 
      Daddy: I need some relaxation , plan something for the weekend. 
      Me : Hmm, lets go to Bhuvanagiri Fort, I have been meaning to trek that fort since childhood. 
      Daddy: Done. 

The plan has been made , but could not be executed the Dussehra weekend, due to the obvious reasons. Our Wives would let us go on a trek on a festival day. And i totally forgot about it , till 12th When Mr.Daddy messages to ask me if i'm available to do the trek on 13th (Sunday). I said yes , and the trip was on. 

Hill Fort of Bhuvanagiri: 
      If you have ever have traveled to Warangal by road or by train you would not miss this small fort on top of the hill. I remember watching the hill for the first time as a kid, from a train window, on my way to Hyderabad. Since then i was always fascinated by this small fort and it was my long lasting desire to trek to the top of it.  

The fort is constructed in the 10th century A.D by Tribhuvanamalla Vikramaditya VI. That makes this fort atleast 1000 years old. In contrast Golconda fort is 400 years old. And Since it is built by Tribhuvanamalla , the fort is called Tribhuvanagiri , Which latter became Bhuvanagiri and with the Persian and Urdu influence of the local kings became Bhongir. The fort was built on a small egg shaped hill, and there were small steps cut into the rock to climb up to the fort. 

Drive To The Fort:
      I started at 8:30 A.M on Sunday morning , and started towards Mr.Daddy's home in Manikonda, Hyderabad. I picked him up and on the way we stopped at Organic hotel to have breakfast. After having quick breakfast we took the ORR to reach Warangal Highway.
      (Organic Hotel , where we had or break Fast) 

As there was no hurry , we mostly drove in the middle lane at 80KMPH max speed, The ORR charged us 140/- to get down at Warangal high way, And soon after that we had to pay another toll on the highway, We took a to and fro pass for 140/- and went on our way. The toll has dedicated lanes for fastag , and if you still don't have one Get one ASAP. 

As soon as you cross the toll gate and proceed further , you see something like this (Image is taken from Wiki) 
      With the help of google maps we reached the entry point of the fort. There are two gates to get into , one for regular tourists and another for rock climbing school in the premises. There is ample space to park 8-10 cars. We parked our car , proceeded to the shop next to the ticket counter bought ourselves a water bottle & moved to ticket counter to buy our tickets. Ticket cost for Adults is rs: 10/- per head.

The Rock has steps cut into it , which looks fairly a recent addition to the 1000 year old Hill Fort. We started our climb from this point. 

The weather forecast for Bhongir on that day was partially cloudy and with intermittent rains. But Sun god has different plans for us. It was hot and the rock reflected the heat. After a brief walk , we ended up at the first gateway to the fort. There was some shade and i sat there for a couple of minutes. 
      (The first gateway , where you will find some shade.) 

After the first rest stop , there is enough tree cover and it was a little cloudy , we reached the second Gateway in some time. 

The distance between the second and third Gateway is not much , but there is a increase in elevation. We soon reached the third gateway , and the the view looked like this after crossing the third gateway. 

From here there is no tree cover , and to my bad luck there is no cloud cover either.  From here ,  if you walked towards right from the path , you would find some ruins. This signifies that you have reached level 1. From here the path goes on to the top of the hill. We kept on walking and discussing on how ingeniously the architect of the fort has constructed multiple Dams to conserve rain water. 

(Level 1 ruins towards the left of the picture and Check Dams to conserve towards the right of the Picture) 

From here the walk way is very steep , one has to be careful. And this can be slippery during rains. 

(Steep Walk way , with stairs cut into the rock, Rails installed in the modern era for support, Another Check Dam towards right and Mr.Daddy gauging on how far we have to go)

After this i was completely exhausted , and stopped at every 5-10 minutes on the pretext of taking pictures 😛 ,  Approximately after an hour we started , we reached the top of the fort. 
      (Celebratory pic of climbing the hill, My smile will tell you how happy i was on the top, the cannon at the back might be a late addition to the fort , as they were developed only in 15th century) 

There are three structures at the top of the Hill , one ruined old fort , and two other government buildings , with Cellular tower on top of one. The other building was build on top adjacent to an old well. (The Pic of the fort). 

The views from the top of the hill are simply amazing. Google maps told us that we were 1000 meters above MSL. Below are a few pics of the views from the fort. 

(You can spot Bhongir Railway station , from where i first saw this magnificent Hill Fort. Also , at the bottom right , notice how Dams were constructed to save water.)

(Another pond , and the fort wall at a distance)

We explored the whole place for an hour , found a small entrance and a staircase, just out of curiosity i went in and started climbing the stairs , and Mr.Daddy followed me. 
      The stairs took us to the top of the fort. There is no higher point in Bhongir Than this.  

(The fort view from behind)

(Me after conquering the fort, instead of a sword i posed with an Umbrella, modern day weapon to fight the soldiers of the nature) 
      By 2 o clock we were hungry and decided to descend, as soon as we thought of of it , we could see dark clouds manifest out of no where and weather became cloudy and pleasant.  I wonder where these clouds were when i was climbing up the hill.   

We climbed down, and there were 6 other cars parked in the parking. We went to the shop next to ticket counter had another bottle of water. Went to a nearby restaurant in Bhongir and had our lunch. After and uneventful lunch , we started back to Hyderabad , and it started raining just as we were ready to leave Bhongir. 
      Tips for Trek to the Top : 
      Carry your own water one bottle per person. Carry an umbrella , Sun or Rain it will help you a lot.  Avoid Summers , It was tiring to climb in October Sun. Imagine April Sun beating down on you.   
      Suggest to go in groups, Half of the time i was engrossed in deep conversations with Mr.Daddy , and didn't feel the tiredness. 
      Wear shoes and avoid Slippers and Flip flops at all costs

PS: For those who are wondering , why i call him Daddy , You can find the explanation in my previous write up

• By rkamal
      This Dussehra holidays we planned a long road trip to Coimbatore in our EcoSport.

Thanks to India-Drive members, especially @sagar @Ranger for suggesting trip route and staying food options along the route. 

Day -1:

We started around 4 AM from Miyapur, Hyderabad. Drive till Anantapur is quite familiar to me, as i have driven this route many times.

Drive was excellent with good pleasant weather, around 9:30 AM We reached Anantapur for breakfast at Club RuRu.

Food was good as well as the service and atmosphere. After some nice breakfast we started towards Bangalore, as we approach the outskirts of the city traffic made us slow down, and also the fear of over-speeding and getting fined made me cautious, kept at 60-80 speeds reached Devanahalli around 12:30 PM.

Our EcoSport flyaudio gave us this route which bypassed the traffic areas of the city (silkboard, electronic city) and took us to the sarjapura main road and joined on the NH just after the electronic city. The route we took to bypass the city is quite scenic and some places were narrow roads. and in some parts very rough roads (2-4 KM) with construction work is ongoing. I am attaching the route map for reference.

Around 2:30 we reached Hosur outskirts, despite being a Sunday afternoon the road is filled with heavy vehicles occupying all the lanes and made us slow down, managed to reach a good restaurant which serves good tamil meals by 3:00 PM.

The food was good and hot. after staying so long out of Tamilnadu we always look forward to eating in Tamilnadu hotels, glad we could make it for lunch.

After lunch started the journey towards Salem, Roads were quite good and smooth but not as wide as Hyderabad-bangalore highway. Not a pleasant experience as the vehicles seems to be in hurry and not giving space occupying all lanes, had to be very patient to outmatch the city buses.

Kept a average speed of 60-80 KM reached Salem, thought have a break at Salem, but due to some politicians visit (i am guessing its CM visiting his native Town) the roads were filled with cops asking us not to stop and keep left. At some places the cops were confusing us with their directions, over all a confused environment, but good thing is they reroute the heavy vehicles like lorries and trucks to some other route, so we had a clear road ahead of us.

The only catch is we couldn't stop for the tea break. And it started drizzling once we past Salem, it's almost 7 PM, and those rerouted trucks joined us back while we are nearing Coimbatore making our last leg of journey more interesting  At Komarapalayam we stopped for some hot Badam Milk and much needed break.

After that it was nice to drive to the coimbatore city with with lit wide roads, reached around 9:15 PM to Sungam cross roads, Coimbatore. After parked the vehicle and went inside the house all of us were feeling that still we are moving. From morning 4 to night 9 this makes my longest distance driven in a day. (960 KM says speedometer)

We visited the famous GeDee Car museum, Coimbatore. the beauty of the museum is we can see so many vintage cars at one place which are maintained so good.

Checkout few pics:

• Our picks