India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Siju@Yeti

Mumbai to Hyderabad road condition and route updates

On 6/15/2018 at 1:24 AM, Aaditya said:

Stick to NH 65 Route.

Thank you for the latest update Aditya.

I think around 60~80 kilometres road work is pending. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Mahipal

Friends, am planning Mumbai-HYD-Mumbai drive for the first time towards end July.

Wanted to check if anyone can suggest me the best route for first timers & current road conditions.

20 minutes ago, Guest Mahipal said:

Friends, am planning Mumbai-HYD-Mumbai drive for the first time towards end July.

Wanted to check if anyone can suggest me the best route for first timers & current road conditions.

Stick to the regular route.

Route:
Hyderabad --> Zaheerabad --> Solapur --> Pune --> Mumbai

Hyderabad to Solapur :

Road work is almost completed between Hyderabad to Solapur.

Around 50 kilometers is still pending.

Solapur to Pune :
Excellent 4-lane toll road.

Pune to Mumbai:
6-lane expressway.

Can be done easily in a single day.
Plan in such a way that you don't caught up in Pune city traffic, while crossing it. 

• Like 3

Guest Mahipal
On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:33 AM, Ranger said:

Stick to the regular route.

Route:

Hyderabad to Solapur :

Around 50 kilometers is still pending.

Solapur to Pune :

Pune to Mumbai:
6-lane expressway.

Can be done easily in a single day.
Plan in such a way that you don't caught up in Pune city traffic, while crossing it.  

Thanks @Ranger 

how about Mumbai to Hyderabad

and also could you suggest the good break points as I will be travelling with 1year old baby.

Guest Shashank Pal

Hi friends

Planning to drive down to Mumbai from Hyderabad coming weekend. Could anyone please update about the recent  road conditions, suggested stop overs, restaurants on the way please. Look forward to some responses. Ths

2 hours ago, Guest Shashank Pal said:

Hi friends

Planning to drive down to Mumbai from Hyderabad coming weekend. Could anyone please update about the recent  road conditions, suggested stop overs, restaurants on the way please. Look forward to some responses. Ths

Hyderabad to Solapur :

Around 50 Kilometers is still pending.

Solapur to Pune :

Pune to Mumbai:
6-lane expressway.

You can stick to this regular route. Do plan to start your drive early so that you can reach Zaheerabad for breakfast and Solapur for lunch. Pune for a tea break and Mumbai for lunch.

There are many food options after you cross Zaheerabad but small dhabas and for lunch on the Solapur Highway, many options for lunch like Vithal Kaamat restaurants all along the highway.

• Like 2

Guest Mahipal Guda

and also could you suggest the good break points as I will be travelling with 1year old baby.

6 hours ago, Guest Mahipal Guda said:

You can find plenty of options till Solapur.
From Solapur, options are limited.

• Like 1

Guest Prashant

Hi, I am planning to travel from Thane to Hyderabad by road with kids, would start in the afternoon & like to take stay at night. Please suggest the route and better/safe place to stay overnight with family. Will the Akkalkot good option to stay overnight.

Guest Praxy

Hey guys.. i am plan to drive Mumbai to hyderabad  in Nov2018... What are your recommendations? 

Is start early morning 3-4 am good idea or start 3-4pm & take a break in the night?

Route to take? considering i have read above that road has improved after solapur.. is it still good or got better or got worse with Monsoon?

1 hour ago, Guest Praxy said:

Hey guys.. i am plan to drive Mumbai to hyderabad  in Nov2018... What are your recommendations? 

Is start early morning 3-4 am good idea or start 3-4pm & take a break in the night?

Route to take? considering i have read above that road has improved after solapur.. is it still good or got better or got worse with Monsoon?

Hey Praxy,

I would recommend the below route for you and definitely 4 AM start would be the best time.

Mumbai - Pune - Solapur - Zaheerabad - Hyderabad.

Road Condition:

Mumbai to Pune :
Flawless 6-lane expressway.

Pune to Solapur :
Super good 4-lane road.

Solapur to Hyderabad :

Few bad stretches and diversions due to road construction work

About 50 to 70 kilo meters.

The above is the best possible route for you to reach Hyderabad amongst the available options.

Can I know which car would you be driving and also places of accommodations in which place?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Guest Praxy said:

morning 3-4 am good idea or start 3-4pm & take a break in the night?

It can done easily, if you start at 4AM.

Only Major hurdles are Pune city traffic and 60 kilometres of bad stretch once you cross Solapur.

More than 90% is 4-lane, rest of 2-lane is pathetic.

Very less food options( decent) between Solapur to Hyderabad.

Plan accordingly. 

Total time will be around ~14 hours, including breaks.

Since you are starting early in the morning(4AM) you will reach before 9PM 

• Like 2

On 10/29/2018 at 3:19 PM, Ranger said:

It can done easily, if you start at 4AM.

What hotels would be advisable after Pune and before Solapur (for family) food & for freshen up ? 

On 10/29/2018 at 11:56 AM, Guest Praxy said:

Hey guys.. i am plan to drive Mumbai to Hyderabad 

When are you travelling in November ?

On 9/12/2018 at 1:37 PM, Guest Prashant said:

Hi, I am planning to travel from Thane to Hyderabad by road with kids, would start in the afternoon & like to take stay at night. Please suggest the route and better/safe place to stay overnight with family. Will the Akkalkot good option to stay overnight.

Hi, Did you complete this trip, what were  the places you took breaks ?

• Like 4

18 hours ago, busykya said:

What hotels would be advisable after Pune and before Solapur (for family) food & for freshen up ? 

Once you cross Pune there are plenty of options for a stopover.

Solapur to Hyderabad, you wont find any decent options.

• Like 2

Guest Guest Neeraj

Hi, can someone please update the road condition between Solapur and Omerga or Zaheerabad. Has it improved or still arounf 70 kms of bad road exists ?

1 hour ago, Guest Guest Neeraj said:

Hi, can someone please update the road condition between Solapur and Omerga or Zaheerabad. Has it improved or still arounf 70 kms of bad road exists ?

Hey Neeraj, The road conditions are more or less still the same. Hasn't seen much of a progress in this stretch.. which is still the only best option to reach Solapur. Drive between Naldurg and Solapur is the most bad stretch.  

• Like 2

On 2/14/2019 at 3:04 PM, Guest Guest Neeraj said:

Road condition around Solapur can not improve due to the heavy vehicle movement there.. Expect very bad roads..

• Like 3

Now we have around 50 kilometers of bad section before Solapur. 

Roads are improving at a very slow pace.

Once it is completed, Hyderabad to Mumbai can be done in a single day without any stress. 

Food options are still pretty less between Hyderabad to Solapur. There are no fancy hotels like Hyderabad to Vijayawada.

• Like 2

On 2/19/2019 at 11:39 AM, Ranger said:

Now we have around 50 kilometers of bad section before Solapur. 

Roads are improving at a very slow pace.

Once it is completed, Hyderabad to Mumbai can be done in a single day without any stress. 

Food options are still pretty less between Hyderabad to Solapur. There are no fancy hotels like Hyderabad to Vijayawada.

Yes correct ...As per my last two trips to Shirdi,  I can see the road condition between OMERGA to NALDURG has improved a lot . The earlier route near NALDURG fort was horrible , but now it is very smooth. I am quite sure the stretch between NALDURG and SOLAPUR  must have improved as well.

Regarding the food option between SOLAPUR and HYDERABAD, I saw many road side DHABAS but yes my personal feeling says many of them are not suitable  if  we have families with us  especially during night times ... Many times  we take lunch/dinner in HOTEL SAI PRASAD just before NALDURG, which has quite good ambience. There is also KOHINOOR restaurant , which is very big with good ambience and I have seen many BIG BUSES like ORANGE,KESINENI,DIWAKAR etc...used to stop there. I think in coming days we will have many food outlets with roads are improving.

When I travelled to MUMBAI ( APRIL- 2015 ) , my MAP MY INDIA navigation took me inside PUNE CITY to catch MUBAI-PUNE EXPRESSWAY . Though I was lucky to enter PUNE around 11:30 to 12PM , still there were lots of traffic inside PUNE city . Do we have a BYPASS before PUNE to catch MUMBAI-PUNE expressway ? 

I started from HYDERABAD at around 12:30 PM and reach MUMBAI (HOTEL RENAISSANCE , POWAI) at 2:20 AM with LUNCH,DINNER&BIO breaks. That time (APRIL-2015) , I was not aware of our INDIA-DRIVE website....Else I would have put a detailed travel report......😃😃😃😃

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By travel.rtc
      *** Even Though this Travel is done back in march ,  by Sleeper Bus and Flight - I think its eligible to get into this Section as I would post pictures  of Road and Few Places of interest. ***

Well The Most Asked Question either in ID whatsApp or Facebook  - Which Route is Best from Hyderabad to Goa and Back.
       -- Teaser Pic

This was done in March and my friend  had to attend an Meeting in Goa - He booked ticket for me But I have  missed out the flight from Hyderabad became blessing in disguise .
       I have booked  VRL travels Sleeper coach Bus to reach Goa the Next day where I could enjoy the journey and being a road enthusiast I preferred sitting in Cabin and Enjoy instead of the sleeper Berth - somehow i felt the sleeper berth cramp and bumpy 
      Bus was scheduled at 19:00 hrs Departure and boarding was at Lakdikapul , where a mini bus took all of us to Aaramgarh , Reached Aaramgarh by 19:00 , but had to wait about half-an hour for the Bus to arrive   .
                      Bus was almost Full and it is due to they have adjusted passengers who booked AC  Seater bus into here   - Where as I have paid 1700+ for sleeper Bus and people who booked 800Rs Ticket were fortunate enough to get into sleeper Bus
      - Picked up a passenger in between , near Shamshabad and slowly Bus picked up and reached a Dhaba Near Jadcherla  for Dinner Break - I had food packed from home and as per fellow passengers food was pathetic and hotel was just OK.
      -- Bu Stared from Jadcherla and took Mahabubnagar road  and below route was taken
        MahabubNagar - Raichur - Madgal - BagalKot- Belgaum - ChorlaGhat - Goa
      -- Below was the Road condition
      Hyderabad - MahabubNagar : Road was Good
      MahabubNagar - Raichur : Road works were on then and little diversions too
      Raichur - Madgal - Bagalkot : Its double road and we have to get down whenever an bigger vehicle or 4 wheeler came from opposite end  and Needless to say while in Karnataka Expect many speed breakers too ..
      Bagalkot - Belgaum : Road was good .. Reached early in the Morning - Hence it was easy to cross Belgaum

Belgaum to Start of the Ghat Road - it was double road and being early morning there was some truck traffic and also travel buses reaching Belgaum , Many people were doing walking /jogging by the side of the road and seen some people doing Yoga too  
      Needs to be careful while driving at the stretch
      --- Once reaching the start of the Ghat Bus has stopped at decent Hotel for Bio Break and it was around 6:00 A:M in the Morning.
      It took around 3 hours to reach Goa [Private Buses Parking Yard] as road was through Ghats  , Some rural villages and little delay at check posts - Being Morning time encountered little traffic reaching Goa ]

Stayed a Hotel Govia Homes Near Candolim Beach - Hotel was home stay kind and had good swimming pool - Able to tour only Candolim and Baga Beaches and a guided tour with mini bus provided 
       All beaches that i have toured were well maintained maximum care is taken to avoid plastic - even though boozing is not allowed at sea shore near by Beaches but i could see few people doing that 

Goa is Pretty costly and Bargain is the funda works here - never hesitate to bargain if you are shopping in the shops road by and Near beaches too
      Food is pathetic and costly especially people from Telangana and Andhra would find food not so good , me being vegetarian has less options to chose and my friends who took non veg said its pathetic and not for spice lovers ..I have seen few people from TS and AP getting Induction stoves and cooking as they found food very very waste in taste .

-- I think there is very much to explore in Goa Beyond Beaches and Booze , something that always pulls back to the place may be its weather , people  or its picturesque locations and Beautiful Beaches   - that might be the reason people  always wants to make it despite of the hard roads and other reasons like cost and stay options - There is always something more left to explore in Goa as per the conversations with people and foreigners who were visiting for nth time who are always finding a new place and Goa wears  different colors accordingly to the different seasons

• By ADITYAAA
      Here's my query regarding the road trip from Hyderabad to Goa in a car.
      I need suggestions of the routes and any stop by places or spots to visit.  
      Helpfully with food places to have breakfast, lunch and dinner ( which probably may be in Goa)  and since this will be in July 2019
      I need some latest suggestions please.

TIA
    • By RoyallyAditya
      Need route information from Hyderabad to Kanyakumari.
      Planning to  include Arunachalam, Pondicherry, Rameshwarm,Madhurai. etc

Please share your inputs and route plans. 
    • By Musafir
      We recently had a trip from Hyderabad to Bidar. Me with my wife and two other friends started at morning 6  o'clock and returned to Hyderabad by 6:45 pm. 

Trip Details:
      Date: 29 June 2019
      Places Visited: Bidar Fort, Rangeen Mahal, Guru Nanak Jhira Sahib
      Route: Madhapur - Chanda Nagar - Zaheerabad - Bidar Fort
      Distance Covered: 266.4 km

There was plan to visit Bidar along with Gulberga but we canceled Gulberga as we wanted to have a one day trip without hassle. Its just start of monsoon so weather was cool and while returning it rained little. So overall it was a nice trip. Attaching few pictures taken.

Inner Ring Road, Bidar

Bidar Fort and Rangeen Mahal

Gurudwara Nanak Jhira
      Bahamani Tombs

Hazrath Multani Baba Dargah

Breakfast: At Hyderabad Delight Restaurant. They have all south indian items like idli, dosa, puri. Food was tasty and good. Irani tea was awesome. Car parking is available. 

Lunch: At Royal Anmol Deluxe Family Restaurant. We had Dum Biryani and Chicken Drumstick. Good ambiance and food quantity but taste was average. There is a small car parking but you have to park on road side if you are travelling on weekends.

For info about upcoming trips follow us.
      instagram: musafir_ds

Hope you have liked our topic.
      Thanks
      Musafir
  • Our picks