India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Siju@Yeti

Mumbai to Hyderabad road condition and route updates

Road trip : Mumbai to Hyderabad.

Route:
Mumbai --> Pune --> Solapur --> Akkalkot --> Kalaburgai --> Sedam --> Parigi --> Chevella --> Gachibowli (Hyderabad)

Friends - here's a brief synopsis of the Mumbai to¬†Hyderabad¬†drive on 29th April.¬†Needless to say, @Ranger¬†directions and suggestions were spot-on! ūüĎć

1. Left Mumbai (Powai) at 5am - this was 30 minutes delayed from plan.
  2. By 5:45am, covered the 40km stretch to the start of the e-way.
  3. Khalapur @ 6am and Talegaon @ 7 am (123 kms from home).
  4. Bad traffic on the e-way with lots of heavy vehicles. It was a crawl in the ghats even without a single truck breakdown.
  5. exited the e-way at 7:20am.
  6. 8:15am & 172 kms - Pune city exit and start of NH 65. Drive through the Pune city section and through 235 kms of NH 65 can be trying because of cross traffic. 
  7. Lots of nurseries & eateries in this section till Solapur.
  8. At 188 kms, Suruchi Restaurant and many mini restaurants dot the area
  9. At 200 kms, Vithal Kamat. For the record, we did not eat at either of these restaurants
  10. Refuelling of the Yeti done at BPCL bunk @ 358 kms (10:45am)
  11. The only point of confusion was when I reached a fork where the signage indicated the left fork going towards Solapur. Enquired with a local and was told that I should be taking the right fork as that was the Solapur bye-pass
  12. The road from Solapur to Akkalkot was a single road with no divider for the majority part. A section of it was getting tarred and there was 1 KM that was particularly nasty.
  13. Hit the Moroom Akalkot road @ 445 kms at 12:20pm
  14. At 1:30pm and 524 kms away from home, entered Kalaburgai/Gulbarga - the land of toor dal.
  15. Pulled into Hotel Lumbini Grand (1:45pm and 532 kms) for lunch. Fantastic recommendation, Ranger!! Good food and neat washrooms.
  16. Post lunch at 2:45pm, hit SH10 - 2 divider-less lanes.
  17. 4pm and 670 kms fromMumbai, entered the state of Telangana.
  18. Road changes character and the smooth Karnataka roads transform into rough patches!
  19. We pass by Chevella at 5:10pm (690 kms)
  20. Finally, 747 kms later and at 6:35pm, we pull into our destination at Srinagar Colony.

Overall, a fantastic drive exposing one to newer facts of the Indian landscape. This trip was all the more brilliant thanks to Ranger razor sharp advice and suggestions . Shall update with toll details and a complete log in a few days. Return journey is yet undecided - it could be either Hyderabad-Bangalore-Mumbai or directly back to Hyderabad. Keep you all posted. Till the, ciao!

• Like 8

Note: Moved to a separate post.

Very good report @Siju@Yeti, excellent attention to details.
This report will be a guide many road trippers.

3 hours ago, Siju@Yeti said:

Fantastic recommendation

Neat washrooms are must when we travel with our loved ones.

we pull into our destination at Srinagar Colony.

Hope you have enjoyed the beautiful Hyderabad ORR.

Hyderabad-Bangalore-Mumbai

These are one of the best roads to drive in India, My favourite stretch is Hyderabad to Bangalore.

• Like 3

Helpful information.
Once solapur to Hyderabad road is completed, Mumbai to Hyderabad is going to be a stress free drive.

Would love to see some pictures of Skoda Yeti, please click them on the return drive.

Beautiful car which is neglected by Indian market.

• Like 3

On ‚Äé5‚Äé/‚Äé2‚Äé/‚Äé2017 at 1:11 PM, Ranger said:

Hope you have enjoyed the beautiful Hyderabad ORR

Absolutely!! Brilliant tarmac! Wish other cities can emulate this.

Meanwhile, as promised, the travel log along with toll details. Hope this helps!

Hyd Trip Log.png

Edited by Siju@Yeti
  • Like 6

On ‚Äé5‚Äé/‚Äé2‚Äé/‚Äé2017 at 1:15 PM, driveking said:

Would love to see some pictures of Skoda Yeti, please click them on the return drive.

Yeah, it is a lovely machine! Thanks!

Yeti.jpg

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Siju@Yeti said:

Meanwhile, as promised, the travel log along with toll details. Hope this helps!

I am wondering, how you can log so many minute details. :ph34r:
Love your attention to details.
Excellent work, Perfect guide even to the experienced. 

13 hours ago, Siju@Yeti said:

Yeah, it is a lovely machine! Thanks!

Lovely car.

• Like 3

I used to drive Hyderabad to Mumbai regularly, since last 5 years, I am taking train/flight.

Zoom car made things easy, I'm depending on it completely. 
Hyderabad to Solapur road is shame to the country. I don't understand how many years they take to complete it. 

Once it is completed, It will start doing road trips again. 

Good that you guys found out an alternative route. Thank you for the detailed information @Siju@Yeti

• Like 4

Guest Srinivas Neralla

Dear Friends,

I have recently visited Hyderabad from Pune. As you all are aware, road from Pune to Solapur is excellent. However, from Solapur till we enter Karnataka (200 kms before HYD), the road is still under construction and you will see diversions. However, once you see the board "Welcome to Karnataka", you will have a sigh of relief, because it is newly laid four lane road until Hyderabad. It does have two tolls for 40 INR each. But the road is butter smooth with not even a single pothole.

I have been driving to Hyderabad from Pune for last 3 years and trust me, the road is lot better now, it's just 90-100 kms of patch which is still under construction.

Have a safe driving.

Regards,

Srinivas Neralla

On 5/5/2017 at 10:38 AM, Ranger said:

I am wondering, how you can log so many minute details. :ph34r:
Love your attention to details.
Excellent work, Perfect guide even to the experienced. 

Lovely car.

Apologies for the very delayed response, @Ranger!! Thanks so much for your kind words! I do try and keep a log as this way I can give back in my own small way to this wonderful group that we have! And my wifey is a very capable partner in crime for this!!

Edited by Siju@Yeti
  • Like 4

Guest Jitendra

I drove from Hyderabad to Kalyan back in 2007 and if I remember correctly, the stretch from ~ 70 Kms after crossing BHEL till Pune was not so great.

Too many diversions, roads were under construction and I see from the comments, it still is!!

God damn, so many years and still it is under construction!!!

Driving at Mumbai-Pune expressway felt like heaven after driving in Telangana and Karnataka.

Friends, it is time I make another Mumbvai-HYD-Mumbai drive. Wanted to check if anyone had specific updates on the road conditions. Am planning to take the Mumbai --> Pune --> Solapur --> Akkalkot --> Kalaburgai --> Sedam --> Parigi --> Chevella --> Gachibowli (Hyderabad) route. 

Suggestions/advice welcome!

Cheers!

Siju

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Siju@Yeti said:

Suggestions/advice welcome!

Solapur to Hyderabad route improved a lot.
I would suggest you to stick to NH, instead to taking Kalaburgai route.
Around 50~60 kilometres of bad road, rest all is excellent. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Siju@Yeti said:

Thanks, Ranger! Will do that! 

Great,Please update when you are done with the trip.¬†ūüėÄ

• Like 2

Guest Soumo

Hi, 

Planning to drive down from Mumbai to Hyderabad, can you please suggest which route to take ( depending upon the current road condition) 

Is the road ( NH 65) via Zaheerabad better now or i should stick to via Kalaburagi route. 

Thanks

2 hours ago, Guest Soumo said:

Is theÔĽŅ ÔĽŅroad ( NH 65) via Zaheerabad better now or i shouldÔĽŅ stick to via Kalaburagi routeÔĽŅÔĽŅÔĽŅ

Stick to Zaheerabad road.

Roads improved a lot.

No need to take Kalaburgai route.

• Like 3

Hello everyone.

I like to share my experience of driving on NH65 to solapur in month of March 2018.

I am totally agreed with @Ranger .Stick to NH 65 Route.

1.TELANGANA-My starting point was Shamshabad Airport.

Taken ORR ,exit from ORR,and continued on NH 65. After ORR road is good but very busy and at some points I faced jam.But that was easy to maintain 80-100kmph.U will again get good tarmac near zaheerabad.Keep driving on it .

2.KARNATKA- cross zaheerabad enter karnataka.Very good-Good- Average road continues till Omerga.Actually in this route tolls are maintained by L&T group and it's very good.

3.MH/KR border & MH-

After driving on good roads, once u hit the poor or even average road it seems like someone pinched ur driving-soul and u starts yelling to self "Why India needs a Bullet train".?

BTW this rough average patch is somewhere around 70-80 km.I am exactly not sure about it .I think this border is disputed land b/w MH-KAR....No one is taking serious responsibility...But work is in progress.

Omerga to 10-15km before Solapur is this rough patch where u have to drive carefully.Please remain stick to GOOGLE MAPS as it will be helpful at diversions (I did the same).

Crossing this bad patch continued on NH65 till solapur.

P.S- In case of crisis or confusion , please remain glued to GOOGLE MAPS.Because whatever road condition might be  outside ,atleast u ll reach your destination finally.

REMEMBER- 'JourneyÔĽŅÔĽŅ¬†becomes successful,only when it complete."ÔĽŅ

HAPPY SAFE REVVING.THANKS.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2018 at 1:04 AM, Guest Soumo said:

Hi, 

Planning to drive down from Mumbai to Hyderabad, can you please suggest which route to take ( depending upon the current road condition) 

Is the road ( NH 65) via Zaheerabad better now or i should stick to via Kalaburagi route. 

Thanks

You can continue to take the NH65 Soumo.. The road work is under progress but a lot better than before. I'm expecting it to be less than 50 kms of road construction work which is not bad either ways as it has small diversions.. And I would recommend you to start early to avoid the Truck traffic. Atleast 5:00 AM would be an ideal time to start the drive.

On 6/15/2018 at 1:24 AM, Aaditya said:

After driving on good roads, once u hit the poor or even average road it seems like someone pinched 

Thanks a lot for the latest update on the current status of the NH65 @Aaditya. Your inputs as per your recent experience has been very clear for anyone to confidently take the suggested route :)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sagar said:

You can continue to take the NH65 Soumo.. The road work is under progress but a lot better than before. I'm expecting it to be less than 50 kms of road construction work which is not bad either ways as it has small diversions.. And I would recommend you to start early to avoid the Truck traffic. Atleast 5:00 AM would be an ideal time to start the drive.

Yes bro. Truly said.

Actually I started at 3.30 pm from RGIA airport(due to some office work) .And reached destination by 10.15 pm around .So if anyone has to drive on this route please start as early as possible.Its better for you.

Thanks

Edited by Aaditya
  • Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By travel.rtc
      *** Even Though this Travel is done back in march ,  by Sleeper Bus and Flight - I think its eligible to get into this Section as I would post pictures  of Road and Few Places of interest. ***

Well The Most Asked Question either in ID whatsApp or Facebook  - Which Route is Best from Hyderabad to Goa and Back.
       -- Teaser Pic

This was done in March and my friend  had to attend an Meeting in Goa - He booked ticket for me But I have  missed out the flight from Hyderabad became blessing in disguise .
       I have booked  VRL travels Sleeper coach Bus to reach Goa the Next day where I could enjoy the journey and being a road enthusiast I preferred sitting in Cabin and Enjoy instead of the sleeper Berth - somehow i felt the sleeper berth cramp and bumpy 
      Bus was scheduled at 19:00 hrs Departure and boarding was at Lakdikapul , where a mini bus took all of us to Aaramgarh , Reached Aaramgarh by 19:00 , but had to wait about half-an hour for the Bus to arrive   .
                      Bus was almost Full and it is due to they have adjusted passengers who booked AC  Seater bus into here   - Where as I have paid 1700+ for sleeper Bus and people who booked 800Rs Ticket were fortunate enough to get into sleeper Bus
      - Picked up a passenger in between , near Shamshabad and slowly Bus picked up and reached a Dhaba Near Jadcherla  for Dinner Break - I had food packed from home and as per fellow passengers food was pathetic and hotel was just OK.
      -- Bu Stared from Jadcherla and took Mahabubnagar road  and below route was taken
        MahabubNagar - Raichur - Madgal - BagalKot- Belgaum - ChorlaGhat - Goa
      -- Below was the Road condition
      Hyderabad - MahabubNagar : Road was Good
      MahabubNagar - Raichur : Road works were on then and little diversions too
      Raichur - Madgal - Bagalkot : Its double road and we have to get down whenever an bigger vehicle or 4 wheeler came from opposite end  and Needless to say while in Karnataka Expect many speed breakers too ..
      Bagalkot - Belgaum : Road was good .. Reached early in the Morning - Hence it was easy to cross Belgaum

Belgaum to Start of the Ghat Road - it was double road and being early morning there was some truck traffic and also travel buses reaching Belgaum , Many people were doing walking /jogging by the side of the road and seen some people doing Yoga too  
      Needs to be careful while driving at the stretch
      --- Once reaching the start of the Ghat Bus has stopped at decent Hotel for Bio Break and it was around 6:00 A:M in the Morning.
      It took around 3 hours to reach Goa [Private Buses Parking Yard] as road was through Ghats  , Some rural villages and little delay at check posts - Being Morning time encountered little traffic reaching Goa ]

Stayed a Hotel Govia Homes Near Candolim Beach - Hotel was home stay kind and had good swimming pool - Able to tour only Candolim and Baga Beaches and a guided tour with mini bus provided 
       All beaches that i have toured were well maintained maximum care is taken to avoid plastic - even though boozing is not allowed at sea shore near by Beaches but i could see few people doing that 

Goa is Pretty costly and Bargain is the funda works here - never hesitate to bargain if you are shopping in the shops road by and Near beaches too
      Food is pathetic and costly especially people from Telangana and Andhra would find food not so good , me being vegetarian has less options to chose and my friends who took non veg said its pathetic and not for spice lovers ..I have seen few people from TS and AP getting Induction stoves and cooking as they found food very very waste in taste .

-- I think there is very much to explore in Goa Beyond Beaches and Booze , something that always pulls back to the place may be its weather , people  or its picturesque locations and Beautiful Beaches   - that might be the reason people  always wants to make it despite of the hard roads and other reasons like cost and stay options - There is always something more left to explore in Goa as per the conversations with people and foreigners who were visiting for nth time who are always finding a new place and Goa wears  different colors accordingly to the different seasons

• By ADITYAAA
      Here's my query regarding the road trip from Hyderabad to Goa in a car.
      I need suggestions of the routes and any stop by places or spots to visit.  
      Helpfully with food places to have breakfast, lunch and dinner ( which probably may be in Goa)  and since this will be in July 2019
      I need some latest suggestions please.

TIA
    • By RoyallyAditya
      Need route information from Hyderabad to Kanyakumari.
      Planning to  include Arunachalam, Pondicherry, Rameshwarm,Madhurai. etc

Please share your inputs and route plans. 
    • By Musafir
      We recently had a trip from Hyderabad to Bidar. Me with my wife and two other friends started at morning 6  o'clock and returned to Hyderabad by 6:45 pm. 

Trip Details:
      Date: 29 June 2019
      Places Visited: Bidar Fort, Rangeen Mahal, Guru Nanak Jhira Sahib
      Route: Madhapur - Chanda Nagar - Zaheerabad - Bidar Fort
      Distance Covered: 266.4 km

There was plan to visit Bidar along with Gulberga but we canceled Gulberga as we wanted to have a one day trip without hassle. Its just start of monsoon so weather was cool and while returning it rained little. So overall it was a nice trip. Attaching few pictures taken.

Inner Ring Road, Bidar

Bidar Fort and Rangeen Mahal

Gurudwara Nanak Jhira
      Bahamani Tombs

Hazrath Multani Baba Dargah

Breakfast: At Hyderabad Delight Restaurant. They have all south indian items like idli, dosa, puri. Food was tasty and good. Irani tea was awesome. Car parking is available. 

Lunch: At Royal Anmol Deluxe Family Restaurant. We had Dum Biryani and Chicken Drumstick. Good ambiance and food quantity but taste was average. There is a small car parking but you have to park on road side if you are travelling on weekends.

For info about upcoming trips follow us.
      instagram: musafir_ds

Hope you have liked our topic.
      Thanks
      Musafir
  • Our picks