India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Hyderabad to Bangalore road trip guide  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Best hotels on Hyderabad to Bangalore highway.

• Palm arabia, near shamshabad
    • Hill park drive-in, Mehboobnagar
    • M Food court, Balanagar
    • Food Pyramid, Kothakota
    • Hotel Blue moon, Ananthapur
    • Hyderabad chef, Ananthapur
    • Hotel Suraj Grand, Kurnool
    • Bharati 97 food and fuel, Mahbub nagar
  2. 2. Ananthapur to Bangalore

• Swagath delicacy, Chickaballapur
    • Nandi Upachar, Devenahalli
    • Kamat Upachar, Chickaballapur
    • NH7 Refuel
  3. 3. Best fuel pumps between Hyderabad to Bangalore

• Relaince petrol, Dhone
    • Note: Never had any issues with fuel quality, but felt Reliance has good quality fuel.
  4. 4. Toll details

• Total toll gates : 9
    • Total price : 735/-

Hello all,
Planning to go to Bengaluru in a while from now. Any recommendations on the route or places to stop, precautions etc.

Bangalore highway:

9.jpg

• Like 5

Just back from a trip to Bangalore. I saw most of the truckers drive on the fast lane than on the slow lanes.  I understand diverting to the fast lane to overtake , But they continuously drive on it.

On the other hand fastag works beautifully end to end. Saved a lot of time today . the vip treatment is a added bonus.

No more waiting at toll booths.

Food stops:

• Drive inn and coffee day(will open after 6)
  • M hotel
  • Food pyramid

• Like 6

Good to hear that fast-tag is working fine.
Earlier I had some issues with detection.

I need to move it to the centre of the windshield.
Traffic at toll booths has increased a lot during weekends and long weekends are chaos. 

• Like 3

On 17/04/2017 at 10:26 AM, Ranger said:

Good to hear that fast-tag is working fine.

A very basic question. How does the fast tag work. How to get it?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sbhamidi said:

A very basic question. How does the fast tag work. How to get it?

Go through this link.

• Like 3

Hello there!! Its great to know that you are doing Hyderabad Bangalore by road. Its awesomne to drive on NH 44, which is paradise for drivers. We have done this route couple of times, so based on our experience I will share some precautionary measures you should take:-

1) The road is well maintained & supper, and the curves are almost perfect, so sometimes driving is kind of boring too some extent, as there's no challenges as such, Here comes the biggest challenge!! Its very common to loose concentration at times. Due to high speed it can be fatal. So, kindly dont get relaxed, rather enjoy the driving while concentrating & please take a proper 8 hours good sleep before you start. If slightest of doubt is coming while driving, please take some rest & then move on.

2) I will always prefer to drive during day time, because, default system of our body is to sleep during night. So there's no point for pushing your body during night(especially 1 AM to 3 AM) unless its very very emergency.

3) As the drive is super smooth, by default we start felling high speeds( 80-100 km/Hour) as normal speed.(generally happens after driving couple of hours at constant high speed). Though braking point substantially reduce at highers speed than normal city speed. Please control your speed near city/town areas. Especially near Kurnool area, roughly 200 KM from Hyderabad. Suddenly some people/bikes may cross the road where you need to brake your car very hard. More the speed, more the time to brake.

4) Check your vehicle properly before you start the trip. There are some stretches where you will not find anything and that too in this scorching heat. Maintain the recommended tyre pressure(very very important in this summer, do not fill less pressure, its of no logic, fill recommended pressure. Also check the reco pressure for full loaded car which usually 2-3 PSI more than the normal condition)  

5) There's place call Chikbalpura, which is roughly around 70-80 KMs from Bangalore. Often people get caught for over speeding by the speed guns. So beware of the speed limits (80 KM/H) from here on till Bangalore. Even near Nandi hills crossing speed guns used to be there, especially on weekends. That's why better to stick to teh right to mid lane & maintain a steady 70-80 Km/H speed . On this stretch you never know where you will get flagged down.

6) Dont change lanes without indicator, it can be fatal at times.

7) WEAR SEAT BELTS AT ALL TIMES, AT ANY COST

8) Be safe! Dont park your vehicle abruptly at any place especially during night time.(if you are travelling at night), rather find a cafe or restaurant to park the vehicle to take rest. Find a place which is decent & people are around you at all times. 

Breakfast points: a) Hill park restaurant (Opens 6.30 AM)

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Hill+Park+Restaurant/@16.9390248,78.1664331,14.29z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x3bca33a0a59f0795:0xfd9fc7bc90de106f!2sM+Food+Court!8m2!3d16.897834!4d78.174478!3m4!1s0x0:0xf860d9efa7d55331!8m2!3d16.951832!4d78.1854111/

b) M food court (opens at 6.00 AM) 

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/M+Food+Court/@16.897834,78.1722893,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x3bca33a0a59f0795:0xfd9fc7bc90de106f!8m2!3d16.897834!4d78.174478

Other lunch point: Food pyramid.

Here are the tables showing how we did Hyd-Blr-Hyd during last year, you can change timing as per your wish. 

H-B.png

B-H.png

Best,

Pralay

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Pralay.... It was a good journey.. only challenge was the scores of trucks on the highway, this is so different than the Vijayawada highway.. however enjoyed the drive.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, sbhamidi said:

Thanks Pralay.... It was a good journey.. only challenge was the scores of trucks on the highway, this is so different than the Vijayawada highway.. however enjoyed the drive

Sent from my iPhone using India-Drive

:D My bad timing!! Should have been bit early. 

Please share your experience! 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Pralay said:

based on our experience I will share some precautionary measures you should take

Was amazed with your attention to details, excellent review of one of the best highway.

Recently they have added white strips at junctions. It is a good move, keeps the driver alert.

image_3190.jpg

• Like 5

Don't forget those unexpected speed bumps.
Do they still exist?

Forward:
Killer speed bumps at Tumkur.

Location of Tumkur Kyatasandra Speed Breaker (towards Bangalore)- 13.314567,77.145505

Location of Harihar Speed Breaker- at Kumarapatnam (on both sides)- 14.537067,75.761927

Location of Motebennur Speed Breakers (9kms before Haveri) towards Pune- 14.718544,75.481747

Additionally, there was a Speed breaker (but smaller magnitude compared to the above three) at 5.6kms after Hebbalu Toll towards Bangalore

• Like 3

On 18/04/2017 at 3:07 PM, Pralay said:

Hello there!! Its great to know that you are doing Hyderabad Bangalore by road.

Great writing skills, I would like to take some inspiration from it.

I love the drive form Hyderabad to Bangalore, Once we cross Ananthapur and Penugonda, views are amazing.
I usually start around 11 PM from Hyderabad, early morning drive and views from Penugonda to Bangalore is pure bliss. 

Beautiful views, cold weather and tea stop on a road side is so refreshing.

One more advantage of starting at 11 PM is you can visit Nandi Hills early in the morning, which is on Hyderabad--> Bangalore highway.

• Like 5

@Ranger thank you..!! Its reallt great to hear that you guys liked it. And yes those stripes are great & alert very well the driver before any junction.

he he he mate. What else can be better for a blogger/writer if readers get inspiration from the write up..!! Thank you so much.

Though its really great to drive at night to catch beautiful nature during sunrise. But personally I can't take the risk to push my body to drive during late night. Because personally I feel its not worth taking that risk. Rather I'll drive during a comfortable time, will stat at hotel(will hardly cost 1000/- maximum) near nandi, then early morning drive to Nandi Hills.

Don't take it personally please. Its purely my personal view.

Cheers!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pralay said:

Rather I'll drive during a comfortable time, will stat at hotel(will hardly cost 1000/- maximum) near nandi, then early morning drive to Nandi Hills.

Agree with Pralay.
I used to go on night drives, when I was young. 
Now, I would rather start at 4 AM in the morning than starting at 11 PM in the night.

Poor visibility, Stress and continuous breaks, will reduce the average during a night drive.

• Like 2

During long weekends (last weekend), Bangalore Highway is complete mess, I hate when people jump lines at toll booths.
Most of the fast-tag lanes are occupied by regular vehicles.

During long weekends, my only suggestion is to start at 4AM.

• Like 2

Awesome thread for someone planning a Hyd-Bangalore trip! @Pralay - that was a super-primer for the trip! Meanwhile, just did the Hyderabad - Bangalore sector today. A brief note:

1. Started at 6am (planned start at 5am - the relatively short distance and the known quality of NH44 brought out the laziness in us!) from Srinagar Colony.

2. Soon hit the PV Narasimha Rao Expressway and exited the same at about 6:20am.

3. Refuelled at the HP bunk just at the exit of the expressway.

4. Passed through breakfast options - Hill Park (70kms from home at 7:10am) and M Food Court (75kms @ 7:15am). Since kids were sleeping, stopped at Food Pyramid (on the opposite side of the highway) for breakfast and that was a good decision. The entrance to Food Pyramid is clean and effortless - there is a median gap in the divider at the exact position. The parking is great and a worthy shelter for a car. The food quality is good, the staff efficient and the ambience clean and pleasing. There is a small kids play area as well. The washrooms are clean and maintained well. Super choice for a breakfast stop.

5. Hit the NH back after an hour at breakfast.

6. Impeccably constructed and maintained tarmac - it is smooth and perfect to the point of boring. And hence once needs to be careful - control speeds and be on alert always. Multiple drum-roll rumble strips will keep you awake!

7. Encountered a lot of 2 wheelers and at a couple of places, 4/6 wheelers coming into you with disdain. Need to be very careful.

8. A read-through of others' experience on this stretch had made me cautious of killer speed bumps and speed guns as one nears Bangalore.

9. Am not sure if the speed bumps I encountered (Tapovan signal and Kodikonda cross-roads) were the same that were referred to. Either ways, slow down as you reach these man-made monstrosities.

10. At about 1pm and 497 kms away from home, came across Swagat Delicacy on the opposite side. Did not stop here for lunch, though

11. Finally, decided on lunch at The Indian Paratha Company (@1:45pm and 535 kms). The ambience and construct is nice. But over-priced is what I felt. Incidentally, just after I placed my order, a couple of Indian Metrology Officers paid them a visit! Apparently, IPC was charging Rs 20 for 500ml packaged water (typically, it is Rs. 20 for a liter). As the guys nervously tried to deal with the officials, service suffered and they did not supply me the water they had charged for and refunded Rs. 20!! The food was okay. May not give it a try again.

12. The final stretch to Medahalli, KR Puram was through Budigere and this part of the drive was scenic too! Again, one needs to be very careful negotiating this stretch.

13. In a nutshell, a very nice drive. But beware of rogue traffic at all points. Overtake two wheelers carefully - do not do so very close to them as that could destabilize them very badly.

Attached is the trip log  with toll details. Hope this helps!

Hyd-Bang Trip Log.png

• Like 7

Thanks @Siju@Yeti for your kind words!! 

lovely details regarding your recent drive to Bangalore! It will help many newbies!

Cheers!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Siju@Yeti said:

Super choice for a breakfast stop.

Food Pyramid is a good choice (breakfast) for the people who start early in the morning.

Earlier, only option we have is Hill park drive in.
We used to start  at 4 AM, breakfast stop was at a random dhaba near toll booths.

Now food Pyramid is ideal stop over for early morning starters.

But the lunch options are very few, Anyway we used to reach Bangalore by lunch time.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

But the lunch options are very few, Anyway we used to reach Bangalore by lunch time.  

True mate, road like this is a treat for enthusiasts like us, result is we can truly reach Bangalore before lunch. However, if you really want to have lunch then BPCL Ghar Dhaba, Gooty is a good option. We had our lunch on our way back from Gandikota. It was decent.

• Like 4

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By travel.rtc
      *** Even Though this Travel is done back in march ,  by Sleeper Bus and Flight - I think its eligible to get into this Section as I would post pictures  of Road and Few Places of interest. ***

Well The Most Asked Question either in ID whatsApp or Facebook  - Which Route is Best from Hyderabad to Goa and Back.
       -- Teaser Pic

This was done in March and my friend  had to attend an Meeting in Goa - He booked ticket for me But I have  missed out the flight from Hyderabad became blessing in disguise .
       I have booked  VRL travels Sleeper coach Bus to reach Goa the Next day where I could enjoy the journey and being a road enthusiast I preferred sitting in Cabin and Enjoy instead of the sleeper Berth - somehow i felt the sleeper berth cramp and bumpy 
      Bus was scheduled at 19:00 hrs Departure and boarding was at Lakdikapul , where a mini bus took all of us to Aaramgarh , Reached Aaramgarh by 19:00 , but had to wait about half-an hour for the Bus to arrive   .
                      Bus was almost Full and it is due to they have adjusted passengers who booked AC  Seater bus into here   - Where as I have paid 1700+ for sleeper Bus and people who booked 800Rs Ticket were fortunate enough to get into sleeper Bus
      - Picked up a passenger in between , near Shamshabad and slowly Bus picked up and reached a Dhaba Near Jadcherla  for Dinner Break - I had food packed from home and as per fellow passengers food was pathetic and hotel was just OK.
      -- Bu Stared from Jadcherla and took Mahabubnagar road  and below route was taken
        MahabubNagar - Raichur - Madgal - BagalKot- Belgaum - ChorlaGhat - Goa
      -- Below was the Road condition
      Hyderabad - MahabubNagar : Road was Good
      MahabubNagar - Raichur : Road works were on then and little diversions too
      Raichur - Madgal - Bagalkot : Its double road and we have to get down whenever an bigger vehicle or 4 wheeler came from opposite end  and Needless to say while in Karnataka Expect many speed breakers too ..
      Bagalkot - Belgaum : Road was good .. Reached early in the Morning - Hence it was easy to cross Belgaum

Belgaum to Start of the Ghat Road - it was double road and being early morning there was some truck traffic and also travel buses reaching Belgaum , Many people were doing walking /jogging by the side of the road and seen some people doing Yoga too  
      Needs to be careful while driving at the stretch
      --- Once reaching the start of the Ghat Bus has stopped at decent Hotel for Bio Break and it was around 6:00 A:M in the Morning.
      It took around 3 hours to reach Goa [Private Buses Parking Yard] as road was through Ghats  , Some rural villages and little delay at check posts - Being Morning time encountered little traffic reaching Goa ]

Stayed a Hotel Govia Homes Near Candolim Beach - Hotel was home stay kind and had good swimming pool - Able to tour only Candolim and Baga Beaches and a guided tour with mini bus provided 
       All beaches that i have toured were well maintained maximum care is taken to avoid plastic - even though boozing is not allowed at sea shore near by Beaches but i could see few people doing that 

Goa is Pretty costly and Bargain is the funda works here - never hesitate to bargain if you are shopping in the shops road by and Near beaches too
      Food is pathetic and costly especially people from Telangana and Andhra would find food not so good , me being vegetarian has less options to chose and my friends who took non veg said its pathetic and not for spice lovers ..I have seen few people from TS and AP getting Induction stoves and cooking as they found food very very waste in taste .

-- I think there is very much to explore in Goa Beyond Beaches and Booze , something that always pulls back to the place may be its weather , people  or its picturesque locations and Beautiful Beaches   - that might be the reason people  always wants to make it despite of the hard roads and other reasons like cost and stay options - There is always something more left to explore in Goa as per the conversations with people and foreigners who were visiting for nth time who are always finding a new place and Goa wears  different colors accordingly to the different seasons

• By ADITYAAA
      Here's my query regarding the road trip from Hyderabad to Goa in a car.
      I need suggestions of the routes and any stop by places or spots to visit.  
      Helpfully with food places to have breakfast, lunch and dinner ( which probably may be in Goa)  and since this will be in July 2019
      I need some latest suggestions please.

TIA
    • By RoyallyAditya
      Need route information from Hyderabad to Kanyakumari.
      Planning to  include Arunachalam, Pondicherry, Rameshwarm,Madhurai. etc

Please share your inputs and route plans. 
    • By Musafir
      We recently had a trip from Hyderabad to Bidar. Me with my wife and two other friends started at morning 6  o'clock and returned to Hyderabad by 6:45 pm. 

Trip Details:
      Date: 29 June 2019
      Places Visited: Bidar Fort, Rangeen Mahal, Guru Nanak Jhira Sahib
      Route: Madhapur - Chanda Nagar - Zaheerabad - Bidar Fort
      Distance Covered: 266.4 km

There was plan to visit Bidar along with Gulberga but we canceled Gulberga as we wanted to have a one day trip without hassle. Its just start of monsoon so weather was cool and while returning it rained little. So overall it was a nice trip. Attaching few pictures taken.

Inner Ring Road, Bidar

Bidar Fort and Rangeen Mahal

Gurudwara Nanak Jhira
      Bahamani Tombs

Hazrath Multani Baba Dargah

Breakfast: At Hyderabad Delight Restaurant. They have all south indian items like idli, dosa, puri. Food was tasty and good. Irani tea was awesome. Car parking is available. 

Lunch: At Royal Anmol Deluxe Family Restaurant. We had Dum Biryani and Chicken Drumstick. Good ambiance and food quantity but taste was average. There is a small car parking but you have to park on road side if you are travelling on weekends.

For info about upcoming trips follow us.
      instagram: musafir_ds

Hope you have liked our topic.
      Thanks
      Musafir
  • Our picks