India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

sbhamidi

Hyderabad to Suryalanka Beach, Bapatla

Writing in my first post of my recent trip to Suryalanka Beach, Bapatla minus the pics as was not aware of this wonderful app.

Started on our journey around 1730 hrs from Hyderabad (stay close to Kompally) n took the ORR from the Medchal part and was spared of the city traffic way till LB Nagar (close to Ramoji Film City) what a relief it was.

Started on the National Highway and was at Suryapet by around 1930 hrs.

Stopped at 7 on the left side for dinner n break. Very decent and great options with well maintained toilets.

Hit the road back at 8pm and travelled through the tolls and a very smooth ride until the outer Vijayawada area. (A few patches where you need to travel through the towns roughly 5-7 kms all in all).

Vijayawada is still developing and with the major govt offices, the infrastructure doesnot permit you to navigate easily out of this city.

Took close to 45 mins tbrough the narrow patches to get onto the smooth bypass road. Crossed the Krishna river n as we neared close to the Guntur city had to get off the vast expreasway on totbe service road and take the state highway (popularly called GBC Rod).

Road is extended and is smooth until Baptla a few villages you need to cross on way.

Total travel time was around 5 hours with us reaching around 2230hrs including breaks.

As you enter Bapatla, ensure you slow and follow road signs, Suryalanka (on your left) is what you need yo look for, few narrow patches but roads r being laid.

Village panchayat charges 50 rupees for a car at Suryalanka.

Was driving at a speed between 100-110kmph.

• Vehicle: Renault Duster
  • Make : 2016
  • Mileage: 17kmpl
  • Fuel: Diesel

Had a wonderful trip and would look at a more detailed report with pictures next time around.

• Like 4

Thanks guys. My native is close by, so did not stay here.. was there most of evening. Climate is very humid n hot - summers. You have APTDC beach resort. Very decent but no other option. Not developed as it has a Air Force Base close by

Sent from my iPhone using India-Drive

• Like 2

Nice report. Climate is not so great from March to June.
Seabreeze resort in Chirala has decent reviews.

12 hours ago, varunchetluri said:

where was your accommodation

APTDC is a decent place, you need to book well in advance.

• Like 1

Nice report. Climate is not so great from March to June.
Seabreeze resort in Chirala has decent reviews.

APTDC is a decent place, you need to book well in advance.

Yes a few of my colleagues been to seabreeze. Very decent reviews n is around 15kms from Bapatla

Sent from my iPhone using India-Drive
  • Like 2

Writing in my first post of my recent trip to Suryalanka Beach, Bapatla minus the pics as was not aware of this wonderful app.
Started on our journey around 1730 hrs from Hyderabad (stay close to Kompally) n took the ORR from the Medchal part and was spared of the city traffic way till LB Nagar (close to Ramoji Film City) what a relief it was.

Started on the National Highway and was at Suryapet by around 1930 hrs.
Stopped at 7 on the left side for dinner n break. Very decent and great options with well maintained toilets.
Hit the road back at 8pm and travelled through the tolls and a very smooth ride until the outer Vijayawada area. (A few patches where you need to travel through the towns roughly 5-7 kms all in all).

Vijayawada is still developing and with the major govt offices, the infrastructure doesnot permit you to navigate easily out of this city.
Took close to 45 mins tbrough the narrow patches to get onto the smooth bypass road. Crossed the Krishna river n as we neared close to the Guntur city had to get off the vast expreasway on totbe service road and take the state highway (popularly called GBC Rod).

Road is extended and is smooth until Baptla a few villages you need to cross on way.
Total travel time was around 5 hours with us reaching around 2230hrs including breaks.
As you enter Bapatla, ensure you slow and follow road signs, Suryalanka (on your left) is what you need yo look for, few narrow patches but roads r being laid.

Village panchayat charges 50 rupees for a car at Suryalanka.
Was driving at a speed between 100-110kmph.
  • Vehicle: Renault Duster
  • Make : 2016
  • Mileage: 17kmpl
  • Fuel: Diesel

Had a wonderful trip and would look at a more detailed report with pictures next time around.

Nice post with all the necessary info in it@sbhamidi. Looking forward for some great posts as such from your end with some beautiful pictures to share. Thanks for sharing your experience
  • Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.