India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Ranger

Hyderabad to Ahmedabad, Little Rann of Kutch, Dholavira and Great Rann of Kutch.

16 hours ago, Vivekanand Gunturi said:

Awesome guys Sagar, Goutham ... Wonderfully described ... Great experience in a glimpse ... Count me in for the coming trips ... Keep me posted guys ... Have wonderful time!!

Thank you,
We will definitely catch-up on the next drive, cheers.

10 hours ago, Ravi said:

Amazing write up gowtham. I feel like kicking myself for missing this one

Even I want to kick you for not joining. Lets plan a quick catch up some time in the next week.

On 24/03/2017 at 2:13 PM, SagarSS said:

Nice pics Gowtham and Sagar....

Thank you @SagarSS

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ksa171983 said:

Aweessssooome..

Thank you

10 hours ago, ksa171983 said:

When You ran  into issues did you guys find help quickly ? 

Locals are very helpful, In-fact the place where we got stuck is very isolated.

Only a single hut is present in the surroundings.

Luckily, he has some recovery tools and also has some prior experience recovering the vehicles. 

Rann of kutch should be explored in a group. 

You always need a backup vehicles for the worst case scenario. 

Some places are literally no mans land. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Rann of kutch should be explored in a group. 

You always need a backup vehicles for the worst case scenario. 

Some places are literally no mans land

Get the “Into the wild” movie wala feeling 🤘🏼

• Like 3

If we start from Hyderabad by road.

How many days will it take to explore the place and come back?

Taking a flight and Self-drive makes sense but driving our own car is something else.(last year drive from Hyderabad to Himalayas changed my perspective)

Any idea about roads from Hyderabad to Gujarat?

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, karthik said:

Any idea about roads from Hyderabad to Gujarat?

Roads till Mumbai are good.. From Mumbai will have to goto Surat-Vadodara and then Ahmedabad..

One can try to go by own car from hyd with the stops mentioned above.. Should take around 2 days with no night journey.

You can stay in Mumbai check out the city one day and then next day drive down to Ahmedabad stay overnight and then next day to Rann.

But From mumbai till ahmedabad it is all cities and traffic and there is nothing great to the eyes is what I know of(may be wrong).

But just for checking Rann and nothing else i feel driving so much may lead to just fatigue and not much happiness..

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, karthik said:

(last year drive from Hyderabad to Himalayas changed my perspective)

This is a different kind of drive i feel based on what I saw in the post.. This is one super exciting drive as the destination is so adventurous and you have places in and around to drive unlike Rann.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, ksa171983 said:

But From mumbai till ahmedabad it is all cities and traffic and there is nothing great to the eyes is what I know of(may be wrong).

Thank you for the information.

37 minutes ago, ksa171983 said:

This is a different kind of drive i feel based on what I saw in the post.. This is one super exciting drive as the destination is so adventurous and you have places in and around to drive unlike Rann.

Agree with your point.
If there are any reasonable places en-route, it makes sense to drive down. 

Himalayas drive is something else, endless list of adventures.

My first drive with ID team after shifting back to Hyderabad.

Every December these guys are doing 5k+ trip.
I'm eagerly waiting for this December. 

Las year, I remember we are talking about revisiting Himalayas again. 

Even Rajasthan and Gujarat is also on cards. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ksa171983 said:

Aweessssooome..

When You ran  into issues did you guys find help quickly ? 

Written in an excellent way @sagar and @Ranger... amazing write up .. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Thanks a lot @ksa171983. We did face a hiccup at the little rann of kutch. We got stuck for about 4 hours at that point. It infact was very adventurous for a while but few hours we felt "WHY ?" because even our back up vehicles got stuck. We were lucky enough to find a small hut in that deserted land. That old mad saved us for that session. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, karthik said:

Himalayas drive is something else, endless list of adventures.

My first drive with ID team after shifting back to Hyderabad.

Expecting the last year's Chitkul drive report to be out soon and we are eagerly waiting for it :) Draft it soon @karthik :D

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, sagar said:

It infact was very adventurous for a while but few hours we felt "WHY ?" because even our back up vehicles got stuck

I am unable to control my laughter just imagining the situation out there :D:D .. so that hut fellow turned out to be GOD that time.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, karthik said:

Every December these guys are doing 5k+ trip.
I'm eagerly waiting for this December. 

Las year, I remember we are talking about revisiting Himalayas again. 

Even Rajasthan and Gujarat is also on cards.

Interesting ... will keep my eyes and ears open and calendar free to check what is in store..

Have not been any trip with ID team yet .. so lets see..

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ksa171983 said:

I am unable to control my laughter just imagining the situation out there :D:D .. so that hut fellow turned out to be GOD that time.

:D He indeed was.. We had to walk about a kilometre to reach his hut and ask him for help. Initially seeing that old man, we never thought he could be capable of being helpful apart from lending us any rescue equipment. But, to our wonder he lacked the equipment or tools and had the experience of rescuing many cars like ours in that area. Experience is GOD and something more than education :D 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, ksa171983 said:

so that hut fellow turned out to be GOD that time

I'm sure without his help.
We would have stranded there for a full night. 

33 minutes ago, sagar said:

Experience is GOD and something more than education

With all the experience and technical knowledge, we simply couldn't get the car out.

IMG-20170317-WA0009-01.jpeg

Once we got stuck, we tried every other book technique.

After an hour we realised we need some tools.

We found a hut, kilometre away from the place where the car is stuck. 

He explained him our situation, he agreed to take his work tools.

Initially we just took the tools from him.

We did not even bother to take him with us.

Started digging,pushing,lifting..after an hour, we realised that the vehicle is sinking more. 

We are tired and feeling helpless.

Worst case scenario, we decided to send women to the hotel.

And we will find some solution, or sleep over in the car for the night. 

This guy(from hut) started walking towards the vehicle.

He : What are you guys doing?
We: Trying to get the vehicle out. 

He: You are not doing it in the right way.
We: Thought, he is talking some useless stuff...

He: You know the mistake that you guys are doing?

We: No..😯

He: You guys are trying to pull out the vehicle on a new track.

Align the vehicle on the track that you came in and stuck, come out in the same direction. 

He took the tools, aligned the vehicle on the track that we came and stuck.

Initially our team work was very poor. 

With proper orders and co-ordination.

He created a team, gave us orders and he managed to pull the car out in 20 minutes.

Once we are completely out. 

He invited us to his hut.
Gave us some water and offered us a lemon tea(best ever lemon tea)

We offered him some money, Initially he was bit reluctant but after some pressure from our side, he accepted it.

Experience matters!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Ranger said:

With all the experience and technical knowledge, we simply couldn't get the car out

Your writing made it so clear and quite interesting.. :)

Must have been a wonderful man and one wonderful Lemon tea..

I remember when my car for stuck in chikmanglur near that MG Park thing.. I kind of did what you guys did ..

Reverse,different track,threw dry stuff.. pata nahi kya kya kia.. but what I kind of realized was if I am giving more power the car was sinking more .. I threw in some sticks,dry mud etc etc.. then put it 1st gear and gave minimal acceleration and my car crawled out.. I guess I should be practicing this more and get experience like that guy in the hut..

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ranger said:

He: You know the mistake that you guys are doing?

We: No..😯

He: You guys are trying to pull out the vehicle on a new track.

Align the vehicle on the track that you came in and stuck, come out in the same direction. 

Same track?? This is interesting .. Let's practice in Sand,mud,Swamp  ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, karthik said:

I'm eagerly waiting for this December

I wish this is changed to mid November / Mid January!! 

4 hours ago, karthik said:

Las year, I remember we are talking about revisiting Himalayas again

Wonderful thought, I am inn this time unless Admins kick me out again by scheduling this in December!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

Wonderful thought, I am inn this time unless Admins kick me out again by scheduling this in December!

would december be a good drive to Himalayas as there may be only snow and no roads to drive on?

• Like 4

would december be a good drive to Himalayas as there may be only snow and no roads to drive on?

December in Himachal will be a challenging task. Both for the drive and for us to withstand the climatic conditions. The chilled out weather and the snow is very harsh. We were almost numb for the time we stayed in Chitkul that night. Many of the locals in the village have migrated for the time being. It’s fun, adventurous and at the same time risky and extremely challenging
  • Like 3

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Shekar
      I did not travelled for three months and the traveller in side me is thirsty.
      Few plans to West Maharastra and Goa with friends did not materialised.

I had also planned a trip to Chitrakote falls with family friends but they were afraid of travelling in Chattisgarh.
      It was late night of 27th July, 2018 Friday and I was desperate to go to some place.
      I asked my wife and son Shall we go to Chitrakote Waterfalls? They said yes.

Rough route plan was with me. No bookings for night stay made. 

Got up early on 28-07-2018 Saturday and started from Home by 5.30 AM and reached Warangal by 7.30 AM.

I know the route up to Eturunagaram before Bhogatha and I know very well that once we cross Warangal,
      it is difficult to get any food. So we had Breakfast at Hotel Ashoka, Hanmakonda, once my favorite. Entered in to Mulugu road (from here entire roads are 2 lane) by 8.30 AM. 

Our original thought was to come back in the same route from Chitrakote but it proved wrong.
      Initially we thought of seeing Bhogatha falls in return journey so as to reach Chitrakote early.
      By 10.30 we were at Bhogatha Falls cross road and its only 1 Km from there. We thought lets have a look without wasting much time.

It proved to be good decision. 

• By Musafir
      Hello trippers, Tell your top monsoon destinations from Hyderabad and why?

• By travel.rtc
      *** Even Though this Travel is done back in march ,  by Sleeper Bus and Flight - I think its eligible to get into this Section as I would post pictures  of Road and Few Places of interest. ***

Well The Most Asked Question either in ID whatsApp or Facebook  - Which Route is Best from Hyderabad to Goa and Back.
       -- Teaser Pic

This was done in March and my friend  had to attend an Meeting in Goa - He booked ticket for me But I have  missed out the flight from Hyderabad became blessing in disguise .
       I have booked  VRL travels Sleeper coach Bus to reach Goa the Next day where I could enjoy the journey and being a road enthusiast I preferred sitting in Cabin and Enjoy instead of the sleeper Berth - somehow i felt the sleeper berth cramp and bumpy 
      Bus was scheduled at 19:00 hrs Departure and boarding was at Lakdikapul , where a mini bus took all of us to Aaramgarh , Reached Aaramgarh by 19:00 , but had to wait about half-an hour for the Bus to arrive   .
                      Bus was almost Full and it is due to they have adjusted passengers who booked AC  Seater bus into here   - Where as I have paid 1700+ for sleeper Bus and people who booked 800Rs Ticket were fortunate enough to get into sleeper Bus
      - Picked up a passenger in between , near Shamshabad and slowly Bus picked up and reached a Dhaba Near Jadcherla  for Dinner Break - I had food packed from home and as per fellow passengers food was pathetic and hotel was just OK.
      -- Bu Stared from Jadcherla and took Mahabubnagar road  and below route was taken
        MahabubNagar - Raichur - Madgal - BagalKot- Belgaum - ChorlaGhat - Goa
      -- Below was the Road condition
      Hyderabad - MahabubNagar : Road was Good
      MahabubNagar - Raichur : Road works were on then and little diversions too
      Raichur - Madgal - Bagalkot : Its double road and we have to get down whenever an bigger vehicle or 4 wheeler came from opposite end  and Needless to say while in Karnataka Expect many speed breakers too ..
      Bagalkot - Belgaum : Road was good .. Reached early in the Morning - Hence it was easy to cross Belgaum

Belgaum to Start of the Ghat Road - it was double road and being early morning there was some truck traffic and also travel buses reaching Belgaum , Many people were doing walking /jogging by the side of the road and seen some people doing Yoga too  
      Needs to be careful while driving at the stretch
      --- Once reaching the start of the Ghat Bus has stopped at decent Hotel for Bio Break and it was around 6:00 A:M in the Morning.
      It took around 3 hours to reach Goa [Private Buses Parking Yard] as road was through Ghats  , Some rural villages and little delay at check posts - Being Morning time encountered little traffic reaching Goa ]

Stayed a Hotel Govia Homes Near Candolim Beach - Hotel was home stay kind and had good swimming pool - Able to tour only Candolim and Baga Beaches and a guided tour with mini bus provided 
       All beaches that i have toured were well maintained maximum care is taken to avoid plastic - even though boozing is not allowed at sea shore near by Beaches but i could see few people doing that 

Goa is Pretty costly and Bargain is the funda works here - never hesitate to bargain if you are shopping in the shops road by and Near beaches too
      Food is pathetic and costly especially people from Telangana and Andhra would find food not so good , me being vegetarian has less options to chose and my friends who took non veg said its pathetic and not for spice lovers ..I have seen few people from TS and AP getting Induction stoves and cooking as they found food very very waste in taste .

-- I think there is very much to explore in Goa Beyond Beaches and Booze , something that always pulls back to the place may be its weather , people  or its picturesque locations and Beautiful Beaches   - that might be the reason people  always wants to make it despite of the hard roads and other reasons like cost and stay options - There is always something more left to explore in Goa as per the conversations with people and foreigners who were visiting for nth time who are always finding a new place and Goa wears  different colors accordingly to the different seasons

• Our picks