India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Ranger

Hyderabad to Ahmedabad, Little Rann of Kutch, Dholavira and Great Rann of Kutch.

16 hours ago, Vivekanand Gunturi said:

Awesome guys Sagar, Goutham ... Wonderfully described ... Great experience in a glimpse ... Count me in for the coming trips ... Keep me posted guys ... Have wonderful time!!

Thank you,
We will definitely catch-up on the next drive, cheers.

10 hours ago, Ravi said:

Amazing write up gowtham. I feel like kicking myself for missing this one

Even I want to kick you for not joining. Lets plan a quick catch up some time in the next week.

On 24/03/2017 at 2:13 PM, SagarSS said:

Nice pics Gowtham and Sagar....

Thank you @SagarSS

• Like 3

10 hours ago, ksa171983 said:

Aweessssooome..

Thank you

10 hours ago, ksa171983 said:

When You ran  into issues did you guys find help quickly ? 

Locals are very helpful, In-fact the place where we got stuck is very isolated.

Only a single hut is present in the surroundings.

Luckily, he has some recovery tools and also has some prior experience recovering the vehicles. 

Rann of kutch should be explored in a group. 

You always need a backup vehicles for the worst case scenario. 

Some places are literally no mans land. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Rann of kutch should be explored in a group. 

You always need a backup vehicles for the worst case scenario. 

Some places are literally no mans land

Get the “Into the wild” movie wala feeling 🤘🏼

• Like 3

If we start from Hyderabad by road.

How many days will it take to explore the place and come back?

Taking a flight and Self-drive makes sense but driving our own car is something else.(last year drive from Hyderabad to Himalayas changed my perspective)

Any idea about roads from Hyderabad to Gujarat?

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, karthik said:

Any idea about roads from Hyderabad to Gujarat?

Roads till Mumbai are good.. From Mumbai will have to goto Surat-Vadodara and then Ahmedabad..

One can try to go by own car from hyd with the stops mentioned above.. Should take around 2 days with no night journey.

You can stay in Mumbai check out the city one day and then next day drive down to Ahmedabad stay overnight and then next day to Rann.

But From mumbai till ahmedabad it is all cities and traffic and there is nothing great to the eyes is what I know of(may be wrong).

But just for checking Rann and nothing else i feel driving so much may lead to just fatigue and not much happiness..

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, karthik said:

(last year drive from Hyderabad to Himalayas changed my perspective)

This is a different kind of drive i feel based on what I saw in the post.. This is one super exciting drive as the destination is so adventurous and you have places in and around to drive unlike Rann.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, ksa171983 said:

But From mumbai till ahmedabad it is all cities and traffic and there is nothing great to the eyes is what I know of(may be wrong).

Thank you for the information.

37 minutes ago, ksa171983 said:

This is a different kind of drive i feel based on what I saw in the post.. This is one super exciting drive as the destination is so adventurous and you have places in and around to drive unlike Rann.

Agree with your point.
If there are any reasonable places en-route, it makes sense to drive down. 

Himalayas drive is something else, endless list of adventures.

My first drive with ID team after shifting back to Hyderabad.

Every December these guys are doing 5k+ trip.
I'm eagerly waiting for this December. 

Las year, I remember we are talking about revisiting Himalayas again. 

Even Rajasthan and Gujarat is also on cards. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ksa171983 said:

Aweessssooome..

When You ran  into issues did you guys find help quickly ? 

Written in an excellent way @sagar and @Ranger... amazing write up .. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Thanks a lot @ksa171983. We did face a hiccup at the little rann of kutch. We got stuck for about 4 hours at that point. It infact was very adventurous for a while but few hours we felt "WHY ?" because even our back up vehicles got stuck. We were lucky enough to find a small hut in that deserted land. That old mad saved us for that session. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, karthik said:

Himalayas drive is something else, endless list of adventures.

My first drive with ID team after shifting back to Hyderabad.

Expecting the last year's Chitkul drive report to be out soon and we are eagerly waiting for it :) Draft it soon @karthik :D

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, sagar said:

It infact was very adventurous for a while but few hours we felt "WHY ?" because even our back up vehicles got stuck

I am unable to control my laughter just imagining the situation out there :D:D .. so that hut fellow turned out to be GOD that time.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, karthik said:

Every December these guys are doing 5k+ trip.
I'm eagerly waiting for this December. 

Las year, I remember we are talking about revisiting Himalayas again. 

Even Rajasthan and Gujarat is also on cards.

Interesting ... will keep my eyes and ears open and calendar free to check what is in store..

Have not been any trip with ID team yet .. so lets see..

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ksa171983 said:

I am unable to control my laughter just imagining the situation out there :D:D .. so that hut fellow turned out to be GOD that time.

:D He indeed was.. We had to walk about a kilometre to reach his hut and ask him for help. Initially seeing that old man, we never thought he could be capable of being helpful apart from lending us any rescue equipment. But, to our wonder he lacked the equipment or tools and had the experience of rescuing many cars like ours in that area. Experience is GOD and something more than education :D 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, ksa171983 said:

so that hut fellow turned out to be GOD that time

I'm sure without his help.
We would have stranded there for a full night. 

33 minutes ago, sagar said:

Experience is GOD and something more than education

With all the experience and technical knowledge, we simply couldn't get the car out.

IMG-20170317-WA0009-01.jpeg

Once we got stuck, we tried every other book technique.

After an hour we realised we need some tools.

We found a hut, kilometre away from the place where the car is stuck. 

He explained him our situation, he agreed to take his work tools.

Initially we just took the tools from him.

We did not even bother to take him with us.

Started digging,pushing,lifting..after an hour, we realised that the vehicle is sinking more. 

We are tired and feeling helpless.

Worst case scenario, we decided to send women to the hotel.

And we will find some solution, or sleep over in the car for the night. 

This guy(from hut) started walking towards the vehicle.

He : What are you guys doing?
We: Trying to get the vehicle out. 

He: You are not doing it in the right way.
We: Thought, he is talking some useless stuff...

He: You know the mistake that you guys are doing?

We: No..😯

He: You guys are trying to pull out the vehicle on a new track.

Align the vehicle on the track that you came in and stuck, come out in the same direction. 

He took the tools, aligned the vehicle on the track that we came and stuck.

Initially our team work was very poor. 

With proper orders and co-ordination.

He created a team, gave us orders and he managed to pull the car out in 20 minutes.

Once we are completely out. 

He invited us to his hut.
Gave us some water and offered us a lemon tea(best ever lemon tea)

We offered him some money, Initially he was bit reluctant but after some pressure from our side, he accepted it.

Experience matters!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Ranger said:

With all the experience and technical knowledge, we simply couldn't get the car out

Your writing made it so clear and quite interesting.. :)

Must have been a wonderful man and one wonderful Lemon tea..

I remember when my car for stuck in chikmanglur near that MG Park thing.. I kind of did what you guys did ..

Reverse,different track,threw dry stuff.. pata nahi kya kya kia.. but what I kind of realized was if I am giving more power the car was sinking more .. I threw in some sticks,dry mud etc etc.. then put it 1st gear and gave minimal acceleration and my car crawled out.. I guess I should be practicing this more and get experience like that guy in the hut..

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ranger said:

He: You know the mistake that you guys are doing?

We: No..😯

He: You guys are trying to pull out the vehicle on a new track.

Align the vehicle on the track that you came in and stuck, come out in the same direction. 

Same track?? This is interesting .. Let's practice in Sand,mud,Swamp  ;)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, karthik said:

I'm eagerly waiting for this December

I wish this is changed to mid November / Mid January!! 

4 hours ago, karthik said:

Las year, I remember we are talking about revisiting Himalayas again

Wonderful thought, I am inn this time unless Admins kick me out again by scheduling this in December!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

Wonderful thought, I am inn this time unless Admins kick me out again by scheduling this in December!

would december be a good drive to Himalayas as there may be only snow and no roads to drive on?

• Like 4

would december be a good drive to Himalayas as there may be only snow and no roads to drive on?

December in Himachal will be a challenging task. Both for the drive and for us to withstand the climatic conditions. The chilled out weather and the snow is very harsh. We were almost numb for the time we stayed in Chitkul that night. Many of the locals in the village have migrated for the time being. It’s fun, adventurous and at the same time risky and extremely challenging
  • Like 3

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Rajagopal
      Hi guys,

Mid of April month,
      I am Planning to have a Shirdi trip from Lingampally(Hyderabad),

Route :
      Lingampally - Naldurg - Tuljapur - Terkhed - Jamkhed - Ahmednagar - Shirdi
      return with same route.

Would like to know the current road condition of the above route.

Thanks,
      Rajagopal
    • By Shekar
      This is about June 2016 travel to Tadoba Tiger reserve from Hyderabad. 

In Jan-2016 I had traveled Chopta and Munsiyari  in Uttarakand with another three new travelers met first time at Delhi. One of them Mr. Pandey is from Nagpur and he asked me to come down to Nagpur for visiting Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve and booked safari a couple of months before for 12th June 2016 . Till then I had no experience of any forest safary and I was excited to see many wild animals. Mean time our travel friends planned for Ladakh tour in the last week of June, 2016 (25-06-2016). It was one of the dream destination and I know it will be difficult and expensive if I go alone and said OK and booked flight/train to Delhi and back. Then started thinking  it will be hectic for two tours in two weeks. But Pandey who is also coming for Ladakh trip did not agree and made me to visit Tadoba.   

Day 1
      On 11th June we started at 5.00 Hrs in my car from Hyderabad. My wife and son were with me. We are two drivers and had a back seat to sleep if needed. We reached Nirmal by 8.00 Hrs entered town leaving NH44 and had breakfast at Hotel Mayuri. Breakfast was good but when we had lunch next year, it was very bad. We joined NH44 through old NH7 road. Reached Nagpur by 13.00 Hrs and Pandey's home by 13.30. 

Roads up to Adilabad were excellent. Four lane work and Underpass works at Hingenghat (about 30 Kms) not completed and have to change lanes and pass through the villages. Road at places in this section also not good. After that till Nagpur roads are good. 

One more travelmate Mr. Jagtap from Betul (MP) who is mine safety officer in Western Coal Fields (WCF) and a native of Nagpur was supposed to join us with his family in his car. But due to some fire accident in a coal mine he could not join us. 

Our plan was to reach  WCF guest house at Murpar which is about 15 Kms away from Navegaon Gate of Tadoba Reserve and stay overnight and reach the gate early in the morning. 

We started from Nagpur at about 17.00 Hrs and reached Murpar by 19.45 Hrs. While entering Chandrapur district at Umred check-post, local police stopped our car for checking and found one whiskey bottle in our luggage which was kept by Pandey.

The police told me that alcohol  is banned in chandrapur district and we can not carry. I said I am from Hyderabad and I do not the local rules and never imagined that a particular district will have a ban.

He looked at Pandey in the car and asked he is from Maharashtra and how come he do not know. I said he does not know about it and i brought it my self. Some how he took away the bottle and allowed us to proceed further.  

So those who are travelling to Tadoba please do not carry alcohol. 

By the time we reached Chimur which is a little bigger town close to Navegaon Gate, it started drizzling and when we took right turn at Khadsangi for Murpar, heavy downpour started and visibility was hardly 20 mtrs in head lights. Left turn at Khadsangi will lead to Navegaon gate. Mr. Jagtap booked the guest house at WCF mine area, Murpar. We found one Telugu cook in the guest house and when we told him about Umred check post incident, he said we are too lucky to be let off, otherwise they arrest and harras for carrying alcohol. When we asked about dinner he said other than non veg, he will prepare any thing. Non Veg has to be brought from Chimur some 12 Kms away and it is not possible at that time and that too in heavy rain. We ordered roti, dal and sabji with omlets. 

Mean time me and pandey went to Khadsangi in the rain and enquired about safari vehicles. we were told that there is no need to book in advance and Gypsy cars will be available at the gate as per the serial and as many as permitted for the day/session. We had dinner and had good sleep. 

Day 2 

We got up early and reached Navegaon gate before 5.30 Hrs. We found only one car before us at the gate. We went to gate office and booked a safari car and engaged a Guide. Safari car is for Rs. 600 and Guide Rs.350 (That's what I remember). Sky is clear and we found water of previous night's rain on the roads pot holes. We entered the forest by 5.45. Our guide said it is always advantage of more sightings if your car is first and it proved correct. 

Myself with wife and kids of Pandey

The first site before entering the core area

Second sighting a glimpse of bear  

Then a Jackal 

There were lot of birds and I could not shoot them as I do not have a proper lens. 

The same bear came out of the forest and crossed our path. 

We were told that Tiger will come here but after waiting enough time he did not turned up. 

There are many deers and Neelgai

Obviously not happy with our presence

Canter from Moharli gate 

Now many jeeps arrived and waiting at a water hole for the arrival of the Big Cat. 

But it did not show up and the our morning session ended. Little disappointed and our guide was telling us that people make more than six safaris and go back without seeing a Tiger. We had a booking for afternoon safari also. With a little hope we returned to our guest house. 

On the way back from morning safari

Padey with our Driver and Guide. 

Will continue with after noon Safari.. 
    • By Krishnan
      I am planning for a south India road trip in late April- 2019.

I will be starting from Hyderabad and would like to cover madurai, rameswaram, kodaikanal, kanyakumari and anything else across the same route. 

Need your expert guidance for this trip. I will be travelling with my wife and 7 yr old kid on Tata Nexon. 
       I need help in the best route to follow, hotels to stay etc..

Thanks.
      Krishna
    • By Ranger
      Go-Karting tracks in Hyderabad

1. Chicane Circuit (Leonia Shameerpet)

Length :
      1.2 kilometers (600 meters recreational : 1200 meters professional) 

Timings:
      Weekdays: 10 AM to 12 Midnight Weekends: 10 AM to 12 Midnight Monday Holiday  
      Pricing
      Baby Kart - 8 Laps INR 280/- Level 1 - 7 bhp - 12 Laps INR 370/- Level 1 - 7 bhp 10 mins INR 540/- Twin Kart - 7 Laps with Max of 5 Mins. INR 530/- Micro Max Kart INR 660/- Level 2 - 16 bhp 10 mins INR 1050/- Level 3 - Rotax (7 laps) INR 900/-  

• Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th