India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

4GSK

Bangalore-Wayanad-Coorg-Mangalore-Goa-Hyderabad

Going on a Long Road Trip

Need Your Suggestions Regarding Routes & Stays

Vizag--->Bangalore--->Mysore--->Wayanad--->Coorg--->Mangalore---->Goa--->Hyderabad--->VizagScreenshot (19).png

• Like 6

Hi @4GSK

I would like to suggest a few changes in your pit stops for a better and stress-less road trip because you guys are after all going to have some quality time :) 

Day - 1 : Vizag to Tirupati (Via Nellore)  - 14 hours (including breaks)

Day - 2 : Tirupati to Wayanad (Via Bengaluru) - 13 hours (including breaks)

Day - 3 : Explore the places in and around Wayanad 

Day - 4 : Wayanad to Coorg - 3 hours (Explore coorg)

Day - 5 : Coorg - Udipi (Via Managlore) - 4 hours (Take the cruise  St.Mary's islands from Malpe) 

Day - 6 : Udipi - Murudeshwar - 2 hours (check out the famous Shiva temple en-route) 

Murudeshwar - Goa - 6 hours (including a lunch break)

Day - 7 : Spend at least a day to chill around in Goa

Day - 8 : Goa to Hyderabad

Day - 9 : Hyderabad to Vizag

Note: Make sure you start off early in the morning possibly around 4 or 5 a.m. everyday to cover more distance under traffic free conditions.

• Like 5

Hello 4GSK,
That is going to be super drive.

I have a quick question for you, Is it possible to avoid Goa?
Looking at your plan, I can safely assume that your plan is very much linked to Goa. :D

Drive from Goa --> Hyderabad --> Vizag is going to be hectic.

If you can avoid Goa, may be you can cover.

• Munnar
  • Kerala back waters
  • Athirapally water falls
  • Alappuza beach resorts (White sand)

28 minutes ago, sagar said:

suggest a few changes in your pit stops

Nice information Sagar.

• Like 4

That is one heck of a plan, looks like it is going to be an epic trip for you guys. Try to cover up Kannur and madikeri which are close by coorg and inbetween coorg and wayanad.. They are beautiful..

• Like 3

Goa to vizag, will drain your energy.

Goa to Hyderabad roads are some of the most confusing and worst.

Now it improved a lot compared to previous years.

I have done Hyderabad to Goa recently.

Will share you the route details soon.

Early morning start is a must from Goa.

Drive safe and enjoy the trip.

• Like 1

On 13/03/2017 at 0:26 PM, gowtham said:

Hello 4GSK,
That is going to be super drive.

I have a quick question for you, Is it possible to avoid Goa?
Looking at your plan, I can safely assume that your plan is very much linked to Goa. :D

Drive from Goa --> Hyderabad --> Vizag is going to be hectic.

If you can avoid Goa, may be you can cover.

• Munnar
  • Kerala back waters
  • Athirapally water falls
  • Alappuza beach resorts (White sand)

Nice information Sagar.

its a friends trip, So Goa it is :D

Planning for a Kerala trip later this year with Family

• Like 1

As of today, our plan is

Day 1(Saturday 18th March) - Start from Vizag by 5 AM, Lunch at Vijayawada, reach Bangalore by night.

Day 2 - Start from Bangalore by 11 AM - 12 PM, Reach Wayanad By late evening.

Day 3 - Start from Wayanad, go through Coorg, Mangalore & reach Goa by night.

Day 4 & 5 - Explore Goa

Day 6 - Start from Goa, Reach Hyderabad by Night

Day 7 - Hyderabad to Vizag

*Thinking of making it 8 days

Doubt - Should we spend more time exploring wayanad or Coorg

Suggestions please,

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, 4GSK said:

its a friends trip, So Goa it is

We can't deny it. Friends and Goa will always be special one in our memory lane.

3 minutes ago, 4GSK said:

Day 1(Saturday 18th March) - Start from Vizag by 5 AM, Lunch at Vijayawada, reach Bangalore by night.

Day 2 - Start from Bangalore by 11 AM - 12 PM, Reach Wayanad By late evening.

Day 3 - Start from Wayanad, go through Coorg, Mangalore & reach Goa by night.

Day 4 & 5 - Explore Goa

Day 6 - Start from Goa, Reach Hyderabad by Night

Day 7 - Hyderabad to Vizag

Day-3 
It is going to be hectic, you should drive non-stop. With very few breaks.
I did this drive in 2013, roads could have got better. Ghat sections will kill the average.

Don't trust google maps timings. These roads are full of surprises.
If you are planning for stop overs at Coorg and Mangalore be prepared for 20+ hours of drive.

You will enjoy the drive. :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gowtham said:
Day-3 
It is going to be hectic, you should drive non-stop. With very few breaks.
I did this drive in 2013, roads could have got better. Ghat sections will kill the average.

Don't trust google maps timings. These roads are full of surprises.
If you are planning for stop overs at Coorg and Mangalore be prepared for 20+ hours of drive.

You will enjoy the drive. 

We got an 8th day, so where is it worth spending?
Goa, wayanad or coorg?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, 4GSK said:

Goa, wayanad or coorg?

Coorg has excellent camping sights, would suggest you not to miss them.
There are some packages available. They will include BBQ, food and the stay is in the middle of the forest.
Pricing will be reasonable. Since it is off season, you can strike some good deals. 

• Like 3

On 3/13/2017 at 1:09 PM, ramuc said:

That is one heck of a plan, looks like it is going to be an epic trip for you guys. Try to cover up Kannur and madikeri which are close by coorg and inbetween coorg and wayanad.. They are beautiful..

Kannur seems way too out of line....What's in Madikeri ?

If you are going to wayanad just for the night stay it would be a waste, I would suggest you to explore wayanad for a day, madikeri has a small forest reserve where elephants wander .. coorg and madikeri are almost close by, so don't miss it, coorg has some beautiful waterfalls.. Don't miss it

Sent from my Nexus 6 using India-Drive mobile app

• Like 3

Thais is one heck of circuit you have done bro, Can you update me on the road status to Goa from Hyderabad as I have seen you travel Goa to Hyderabad recently. TIA :)

• Like 2

I'm planning similar trip from Hyderabad.
How are the roads, did you complete the trip.
Waiting for some pictures!!

• Like 1

On 03/05/2017 at 5:09 PM, ujwal said:
Thais is one heck of circuit you have done bro, Can you update me on the road status to Goa from Hyderabad as I have seen you travel Goa to Hyderabad recently. TIA

Yes, that was one good vacation :)
Explored a lot.

My travelogue is still due. Haven't even started writing it yet.

Let me give you a small gist about

Goa to Hyderabad route :

We started off at 8 am from Baga Beach to DudhSagar Falls but unfortunately we dint make it to the falls as private vehicles weren't allowed to enter that route.
We have to take a cab 15 km away from the falls which costed us 300/- per person + 50/- for car parking.

We were quite disappointed on missing out on the falls but the road from dudhsagar falls(15 km away) to Karnataka Border was one hell of drive.

The route goes through mountains. It has got the excellent views, the drive, the experience was GREAT.
Road condition is very good, two lane national highway road.

After entering Karnataka it's very much boring, sucks the life out of you, takes all your driving enthusiasm and throws it into the crapper Once you enter Bangalore highway and  Hyderabad ORR, it is like a heaven. :D 

The road condition is good, 70% of it is two lane road, less traffic, so cruising over 100 is not an issue.

But let me warn you, Once you enter dharwad, road condition  is worst.
Worst road of my entire trip. Some potholes are so bad, even a SUV can take under body hits.

Bad stretch is around 8 kilometers, be cautious you will be fine.

From raichur the road condition is very good.
I've hit some bad patches near mahboobnagar as some road works were going on.
From Jadcherla you enter the National Highway Big 4 lane highway

*Refer google maps for better understanding
***Please have good playlist as Karnataka will drain you good mood :-/

• Like 3

14 hours ago, 4GSK said:

Goa to Hyderabad route

Nice update man.
We are waiting for your travel pictures. :ph34r:

14 hours ago, 4GSK said:

We were quite disappointed on missing out on the falls

Is it completely closed now?

14 hours ago, 4GSK said:

Some potholes are so bad, even a SUV can take under body hits.

Two years back we have driven on the same road in Honda city.

Worst part, we cover this stretch during night.

We took numerous under body hits.

• Like 2

I will post my Travelogue in under a month...

DudhSagar waterfalls is closed for our cars...
They have some cabs which provide Up & Down service for 400/- ( I mentioned 300/- in my earlier post....it is 400/-)

That Dharwad road is beyond repair
They should lay a Bypass road for that stretch.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 4GSK said:

I will post my Travelogue in under a month...

Great 

16 minutes ago, 4GSK said:

They have some cabs which provide Up & Down service for 400/-

So the local leaders blocked private vehicles and started taxi mafia.
God save the country. 
Is it a regular road or do we require a jeep (4x4)?

• Like 1

So the local leaders blocked private vehicles and started taxi mafia.
God save the country. 
Is it a regular road or do we require a jeep (4x4)?

I guess that is what exactly happened...
The point till i reached...its regular road...some fly over works were happening on the way..but weren't a major obstruction nor traffic jams...

Sent from my Galaxy S8+ using India-Drive mobile app

• Like 3

Thanks a lot 4gsk for sharing all the information. Much needed for my trip. Will update the details once I get done with it.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Pulkit
      I am planning a trip to GOA from HYD by car next weekend.
      So anyone can suggest me the best route for that?

I am planning to leave around 2:00 AM from Hyderabad to Goa which way i have to take?
    • By SSSS
      Hello fellow enthusiasts,

From last couple of month I have been planning a road trip from Hyderabad to Goa. Though I been to Goa last December for the new year celebration, but somehow google maps messed up the whole  trip and at some point of time I was driving on badly paved 8 feet wide road in some jungle which google considered the fastest(Google should also have an option to select 'Safe Roads'). Another issue I faced was the love of Karnataka for Speed breakers. So this time I am very much aware to be on the best route possible to avoid any such incidents. Some research online and on other forums yields the below routes.

Hyderabad - Goa
      Route 1
      Gachibowli -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Gulbarg -> Vijaypura -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga  

Route 2
      Gachibowli -> Deosugur -> Raichur -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga

Route 3
      Gachibowli -> Pargi -> Mudhol -> Shahabad -> Jevargi -> Sindagi -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga

Which is the best route in terms of road condition at present? I hope to have better knowledge before I leave for Goa this time.

Also I want to know any Route via Maharashtra is suitable? If If after Vijayapura I can drive into Maharashtra and then to Goa.

Route 4
      Hyderabad --> Jadcherla --> Raichur --> Lingsugur --> Mudgal --> Hungund  --> Bagalkot --> Belgavi --> Kanakumbi --> Bicholim --> Baga (Goa)

Please Suggest. Thanks in advance.

Best places to visit in Goa and accommodation information 
      https://www.india-drive.com/index.php?/topic/9-go-goa-gone-hyderabad-to-goa/

~Sam

• By sbhamidi
      Hello all,
      Planning to go to Bengaluru in a while from now. Any recommendations on the route or places to stop, precautions etc.

Bangalore highway:

• By ksa171983
      Finally I did a good trip in my new car with family and did a decent  amount of miles which was quite an adventure due the flood warning at mangalore , zero visibility warning at chikmangalur.

Route:
      Hyderabad-Chikmangalur-Dharmasthala-mangalore-Udupi-murdeswar-kumta-hyderabad.

We had our stay booked for 2 nights at chikmangalur,1 night  at mangalore,3 nights at kumta.

Chikmanglur Stay: Treebo Sunrise (9/10) but one staff named Dharani was just outstanding.
      Mangalore Stay:Treebo Pappilo palace(3/10). Bad staff, bad rooms.
      Kumta stay: Blue ocean sands (8/10) isolated place near beach. It was isolated due to weekdays but when we were checking out on Saturday we saw the crowd coming in. The place was very peaceful and I like peaceful places

Car:Jeep Compass Deisel Limited.
      Total distance : 2291.6
      Mileage:16.2

Day1 :: Towards chikmangalur
      I had two route options to take one was a diversion from Ananthpur which looked short and the other one was through Hassan highway towards chikmangalur.
      Enroute saw that KIA motors factory was in full swing .
      Some pics below from day 1.

Reached a decent hotel called treebo sunrise at chikmangalur by 7pm.
      it was raining cats and dogs in chikmangalur when we reached.So roaming anywhere in such heavy rain after sunset was not recommended by the hotel staff so we just walked around the city with raincoats and umbrellas . 

Day2 ::
      We got up early to watch the sunrise from baba budan or mullayangiri. But we were stopped at the checkpoint citing no visibility in the ghat section and was asked to come once the rain comes down. We tried out luck at 10 am and were allowed in.Then the amazing greenery with a bit of drizzle while going up to mullayangiri was just heaven.Unfortunately right after 30 min rain fall was super heavy and driving up the hill became tough.

Then we drove down with lot of difficulty due to slipping surface . The vehicles were stopped at the check post again .
      So we through it going other way to bababudan peak as once we go out of the checkpost we may not be let in.
      But saw the below and figured that I was the only one on this route and decided to turn back and out as it was becoming dark at 3 pm 😡😳🤔

Drove around the beautiful city and checked out some places and headed back to the hotel.

Day3 ::
      Kemmangudi and local temples was on my list for the day and some pics from that day .

Did some local site seeing and again drove around the city where there was no traffic and only rainfall and the smell of earth was there. Mind you that the temperature was around 14 degrees.
      Rest of the day we were discussing the options and best way to reach mangalore . Shiradi ghat was closed since Jan-2018 and would open around July after the renovation work so the only option wasn’t charmadi ghat Which was not in a great condition because that was the only current route towards mangalore (with trucks,buses,cars,etc etc)

Day4 ::
      Accepted to challenge the rain and weather and headed towards Dharmasthala temple through Charmadi ghat. The drive was not at all easy and the curves were filled with broken roads, potholes.Way too many buses and trucks were there.
      But of course the visuals onto my right and left were just amazing.

Towards Dharmasthala by 10 am and reached the temple by 12:00.Out of the temple by 3:30 pm and reached mangalore by 5:30 pm and rested the entire evening.

Day5 : Local mangalore tour with some temples , famous pabbas ice cream.

Day6 :
      Checked out of mangalore towards Udipi.
      Spent time at Udipi temple and Malpe beach (really beautiful) from 12 to 3pm.
      Stopped at murdeswar for around 90 min and reached Kumta at 7:30 pm .
      The entire road from mangalore towards kumta was under construction with Toll Booths being constructed as well. For sure after an year this entire stretch is going to be lovely awesome 😎.

Day7&8 :
      We did not take accommodation in Gokarna and instead stayed at Blue Ocean Sands resort at Kumta .Walkable from the beach thought felt isolated at the resort as being a weekday there were no folks at the resort .I would give 6/10 to the resort but 10/10 to the staff. Some pics below from the beaches in Kumta, gokarna.Gokarna we spent more time at OM beach as there was hardly any crowd and it was very peaceful.We went to a God forbidden 🚫 beach called kudle which lacked sense of cleanliness, filled with garbage,liquor bottles, plastic covers and even dead dogs.Then I am told that locals and shack owners would get the beach cleaned around August end as business would be there from August to March.

Day9 :
      we checked out at 6 am towards Hyderabad and reached home at 7 pm.Took around 1 hour break.

Had to go through another forest ghat which was beautiful and very pleasant as it had rained previous night.
      Once that forest drive was over the entire stretch till Raichur highway was a nightmare with very bad roads , animals and people walking across the roads as they do in their gardens.
      Reached home at around 7 pm.

Ended the trip with below reading of my entire trip.

Below were the routes taken by me ::
      Hyderabad to chikmangalur 

Chikmanglur to Mangalore via Dharmasthala

Mangalore to Kumta via Udipi and murdeswar

Kumta to Hyderabad via gangavathi-Raichur

NOTE:Many thanks to the ID team who shared their experiences about their previous travel on this route.

• Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th