India-Drive
Ranger

Hyderabad to Shiridi, best route, route updates and road condition.

What is best route from Hyderabad to shiridi, guys help me out with the drive.

Hyderabad to Shiridi has 3 routes.

Route :1: Best route
Hyderabad --> Chevella --> Parigi --> Sedam --> Kalaburgai (Gulbarga) --> Solapur --> Ahmednagar --> Shiridi

Route :2 : Avoid, until 4-lane is completed.
Hyderabad -->Zaheerabad -->Solapur --> Ahmednagar --> Shiridi

Route :3 : Avoid, not worth it.

Hyderabad --> Nanded --> Aurangabad --> Shiridi

Plan:
1. Start early in the morning.
2. Break fast stop at Gulbarga (Kalaburgai). You can stop at Lumbini's Grand Hotel (Breakfast + clean washrooms). 
3. Lunch stop, you can find dhabas as soon as you cross Solapur

Route 1: Road condition

Hyderabad to Kalaburgai (Gulbarga):
Single lane and road condition is good.

Kalaburgai (Gulbarga) to Solapur :
Some patch work is going on, must be completed by now. Nothing alarming.

Solapur to Shiridi :

Road condition is average, but not an issue with your duster, it will fly.

• Like 6

Hi guys, I have done Hyderabad - Shiridi - Hyderabad last week and it was a nightmare. Let me update you guys the present road status so that one can avoid it who so ever is taking that route.

Route taken: 

Zaheerabad - Tuljapur - Osmanabad - Bhoom - Nagar.

The 4 lane road construction work is yet to be completed. I have faced too many diversions and the condition of road was horrible.

Strictly avoid taking this highway and especially during the nights.

Once you reach Ahmednagar, the roads are decent enough to reach your destination.

Suggestions for alternative routes are open. Please to provide the necessary update on the alternative route which can be better than this as it might help the co-roadtrippers.

TIA :)

• Like 3

Hi bpt, First of all thanks a lot for updating on the present route condition towards shirdi.

The best and the alternative route at present is Hyderanad - Kalaburagi - Akkalkot - Solapur - Ahmednagar - Shirdi.

This route is a 50 kms longer stretch compared to the Zaheerabad highway but the travel time is the same.

650 kms of your distance will take a drive time of 13 hours approx.

Drive safe :)

• Like 2

Guest v m das

I am planning to go to Shirdi on this Saturday ie 28th July 2017 by maruti ertiga from Hyderabad. Suggest me the best route.

On 7/28/2017 at 4:12 PM, Guest v m das said:

I am planning to go to Shirdi on this Saturday ie 28th July 2017 by maruti ertiga from Hyderabad. Suggest me the best route.

Route :1: Best route
Hyderabad --> Chevella --> Parigi --> Sedam --> Kalaburgai (Gulbarga) --> Solapur --> Ahmednagar --> Shiridi

or you can take the regular route, All the roads are equally bad.

Hyderabad --> Zaheerabad--> Osmanabad --> Ahmednagar --> Shiridi

• Like 1

Guest Srinivas Kalluri

I have done this road Hyderabad zaheerabad omerga on 14 nov 2017. The 4 laning is. Complete up to maharashtra border omerga. SadShivpet and zaheerabad bye pass work completed. Stayed overnight at Tuljapur and took the te bhumi ahmednagar to shirdi.

Guest Singh

Srinivas Kalluri, thanks very much for the update. Good to know that the 4-lane is complete upto Omerga (MH border). I am planning to travel the coming weekend, Hyd to Shirdi via Tuljapur.  Could you please let me know on the road condition from Tuljapur to Shirdi.

Guest SAI

I am planning to start on 23rd which is the best route. I would be traveling during day only.

Can you suggest good route will be traveling with family.

21 minutes ago, Guest SAI said:

Can you suggest good route will be traveling with family

You can take the route suggested by Srinivas.
Hyderabad --> Zaheerabad --> Omerga --> Yedashi --> Ahmednagar --> Shiridi

Please start early in the morning, If you are planning to do it in a single day.

• Like 2

Guest Vishnu
On 14/11/2017 at 11:46 PM, Guest Srinivas Kalluri said:

I have done this road Hyderabad zaheerabad omerga on 14 nov 2017. The 4 laning is. Complete up to maharashtra border omerga. SadShivpet and zaheerabad bye pass work completed. Stayed overnight at Tuljapur and took the te bhumi ahmednagar to shirdi.

Thanks for the details Srinivas.

Tuljapur accommodation suggestions please

Guest Toll Gates

I'm Planing to travel in this Month, May I know how many Tolls in this route ?

On 12/4/2017 at 1:20 PM, Guest Toll Gates said:

I'm Planing to travel in this Month, May I know how many Tolls in this route ?

It will be below 200/- one way.

New roads are good from Hyderabad to Humnabad.
It is completly 4-lane.

Tolls are recently introduced between Hyderabad to Zaheerabad.
It will cost you around 80/- 

• Like 2

Hyderabad --> Zaheerabad --> Omerga --> Yedashi --> Ahmednagar --> Shiridi

Can we reach shirdi in one day (before it is too late in the night) from hyderabad if we take the above route assuming we start in hyd at 5 or 6 am?

How safe is this road trip considering we would be travelling with family including ladies and toddlers?

How is the road in above route as I heard that road after Omerga  is too bad for around 40kms :(

Thanks for helping as we are planning road trip next week.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, lucky_sweety said:

Can we reach shirdi in one day (before it is too late in the night) from hyderabad if we take the above route assuming we start in hyd at 5 or 6 am?

Can be done in a single day without any issue.
I would suggest you to start at 4 AM.

You can reach Omerga before 8 AM. 
Plan your breakfast stop before Omerga.

How safe is this road trip considering we would be travelling with family including ladies and toddlers?

It is a busy road, no safety issues on this highway. 

How is the road in above route as I heard that road after Omerga  is too bad for around 40kms

There are few bad patches but this is the best route to take.

Thanks for helping as we are planning road trip next week.

All the best for your trip and drive safe.
Please update us when you are done with the trip. 

Thank you

• Like 2

17 hours ago, lucky_sweety said:

Last month, I completed my drive from Hyderabad to Shiridi.
Started at 5AM and reached Shiridi before 6 PM.
We took multiple breaks, I'm traveling with my family.

Roads are safe, please keep an eye on village crossings once you cross Omerga. 

If you have any queries please let me know.

• Like 3

Guest Vijay

I am planning to shiridi coming to Saturday. what was the road condition after Omerga?

How much time it would to siridi from there?

Road is not so great after Omerga. 

It is single lane road expect some village/town traffic.

If you start early in the morning (4am), you can cover it under 8 hours.
If you are starting late, it may take 9 hours. Depending on your cruising speed and traffic. 

• Like 2

I am planning to shiridi on jan 12th 2018. So please suggest me the best route where we need breakfast and lunch. Planning to start at around 1am.

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By reddysridhar53
      Hey Guys,

I am planning a road trip from Hyderabad to Leh Ladakh in December. 
      Its 15 day trip which starts from Hyderabad. Can someone help me with the Do's and Dont's.
      Thanks for the help guys.
    • By sbhamidi
      Hello all,
      Planning to go to Bengaluru in a while from now. Any recommendations on the route or places to stop, precautions etc.

Bangalore highway:

• By RajG
      After staying abroad for five years.
      I decided to come back to India for good.

Reason for the drive?
      You will find out soon.. 🙃

Top three places to visit in Chikmagalur:
      1. Mullayangiri
      2. Baba Budangiri
      3. Jehri waterfalls

Route 1:
      Best route from Hyderabad to Chikmagalur
      Hyderabad --> Kurnool --> Ananthapur --> Doddaballapura --> Visveswarapura--> Hassan --> Chikmagalur

Hyderabad to Doddaballapura : Excellent 4-lane toll road
      Doddaballapura to Visveswarapura : Single road, road condition is average, but helps in avoiding Bangalore traffic.
      You can skip Banaglore traffic using this bypass.
      Visveswarapura to Hassan : Excellent 4-lane toll road
      Hassan to Chikmagalur : Single road, road condition is excellent.

It took us around 13 hour to cover this route, while coming back from Chikmagalur to Hyderabad. 

Route 2:
      Worst route from Hyderabad to Chikmagalur
      Hyderabad --> Kurnool --> Ananthapur --> Challakere --> Hiriyur --> Chikmagalur

We took this route, while going from Hyderabad to Chikmagalur, just to check the status.
      It is a bad decision.  Roads are very bad once you divert from Ananthapur. There are some mud tracks. Too many diversions. No proper dhabas. No proper fuel options. Avoid this route at any cost.  

Hyderabad to Chikmagalur four days road trip plan and hotel details:

Day 1:
      Hyderabad to Chikmagalur town
      Accommodation in Chikmagalur town
      On day 1, it is better to take accommodation in the Chikmagalur town.
      Reason? Accommodations are cheap and good in the town.
      By the time you reach Chikmagalur it will be evening, it is better to stay in town.
      Most of the sight seeing spots are under 40~50 kilometres from the Chikmagalur town. 

Accommodation :
      Name : Hotel Blue Perl Chikmagalur Price : 2.5k per day (3 pax) Hotel Rating : 5/5 New construction Car parking is avilable Rooms are modern and neat Gobibo url  
      Day 2: 
      Chikmagalur town to Mulyangiri
      Mulyangiri is a must visit place in Chikmagalur, it is the highest peak in Karnataka. It is around 20 kilometres from town.  Roads are little tricky but, it is accessible by all cars. Dedicated car parking available 200 steps from the parking, need to some energy to climb. Carry water and don't litter. There is temple at the hill top, with beautiful view. Weather can be spoil sport, some time visibility is almost zero and some times it is clear. Luckily we experienced both  
      Accommodation :
      Name : Kuteer home stay Price : 14k per day (6 pax) Food : 4k per day (6 pax)  (Includes: Bonfire,Lunch, Evening snacks, Dinner and breakfast) Hotel Rating : 4.5/5 Food : Only vegetarian, but the quality is good, would rate 5/5 Location is tough to reach, low GC cars will have tough time.  But they have jeep facility (for less  experienced drivers better to take jeep and park the car at the parking) Resort is very isolated better to visit only in group. View from the resort is best. They have two villas, each villa can accommodate around 10 members.  Staff is very supportive.  Carry all the stuff along with you, there are no shops/hotels around the resort.  You can carry your own liquor but it is tricky if you get caught at the forest check-post. Forest check-post is present at the entrance of the hill section, they check the cars randomly. For booking you can call the resort owner. You need to do the full/advance payment while booking. Issues? Too many insects, but it is expected when we say in the nature.   
      Day 3
      Jahari waterfalls, it is around 2 kilomters from the home stay. You can visit this place in home stay jeep. 4x4 territory, don't attempt in your own car. Since we stay very close to waterfalls, we reached the place early. It is completely empty, not even a single person is present. Baba Budangiri is a must visit place.  Once you enter Baba Budangiri road drive till the end point, i.e Manikyadhara waterfalls. There are multiple view points.   
      Accommodation :
      Same as above

Day 4 :
      Drive from Chikmagalur to Hyderabad.
      It took us around 13 hours. We started around 9AM and we reached home around 10PM. We also tried the famous Kothakota chicken, food is strictly average.  

Total trip cost (6 members)
      Accommodation : 5k(day 1) + 14k(day 2) + 14k(day 3) = 33k Fuel : 11kmpl (1600 kilometres) = 10k Food : 3k(day 1) + 4k (day 2)+ 4k (day 3) + 4k (day 4) = 19k  
      Picture credits: @Ranger
  • Mobile App downloads