India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

CHAITTANYA

What is your best Mileage?

4 hours ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

Highway with AC - 30kmpl with speeds between 100-110kmph

Insane figures :o

• Haha 1

Ok all hail Tata Tiago :-) Sell your Skoda's too :-p

City traffic with AC - 20.3kmpl
Highway with AC - 30kmpl with speeds between 100-110kmph7728ec6a7304f441a7f7aa334e4e4988.jpg&key=2547e5a9431f6f079c2fc875dc6e57816f500ae1b880287d3f10abcfc27d6aec

34a719e675398b89c2a8d45f7e1c70ee.jpg&key=bdcf17586f6bfdc34f85d619e79340ff7eaf70e6a23930fff4867f65865963b8
That's an epic number!!!!!!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

Ok all hail Tata Tiago :-) Sell your Skoda's too :-p

City traffic with AC - 20.3kmpl
Highway with AC - 30kmpl with speeds between 100-110kmph7728ec6a7304f441a7f7aa334e4e4988.jpg

34a719e675398b89c2a8d45f7e1c70ee.jpg

Buddy, you are killing your engine.

Diesel engines are supposed to run at higher rpm otherwise they will suffer in the longer run.

I have seen multiple Polo quoting similar figure running in lower RPM in 5 the gear in other forums. That will leave diesel particulates get accumulated.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, nitin88 said:

Buddy, you are killing your engine.

Diesel engines are supposed to run at higher rpm otherwise they will suffer in the longer run.

I have seen multiple Polo quoting similar figure running in lower RPM in 5 the gear in other forums. That will leave diesel particulates get accumulated.

My Engine never run low bro, it was coincidental picture on the ORR while I was turning my car if you can see the indicator turned on :P I was just quoting the best mileage that I have drawn out of my Tia :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@Sridhar , is it that your car gave a mileage of 30kmpl or is it that the mileage calculator on the dash showed you an estimate of what you can achieve?
The best way to calculate is to take a long drive with odometer readings before and at the end of the trip, calculate with the amount of fuel consumed (full tank to after trio full tank). Was that the way you calculated?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Sud said:

calculate with the amount of fuel consumed (full tank to after trio full tank).

This always a correct method to calculate. Mileage computers are unpredictable on a short distance trip.  

For example, If I reset my car mileage calculator on ORR slope or while coasting, it shows 30 KMPL.
It will drop to 12 KMPL in a matter of minutes. 

• Like 2

I believe that 'Full tank to Full tank' is the only best and an accurate way of calculating the mileage of any vehicle be it within the city limits or on the highways :)

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Sud said:

@Sridhar , is it that your car gave a mileage of 30kmpl or is it that the mileage calculator on the dash showed you an estimate of what you can achieve?
The best way to calculate is to take a long drive with odometer readings before and at the end of the trip, calculate with the amount of fuel consumed (full tank to after trio full tank). Was that the way you calculated?

It is of course my car that gave this mileage doc, this was the average overall my ride around ORR. However, I too generally use full tank to full tank method and I get 28 kmpl on highways (observed during my Hyd - Tanuku Drive). 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

I get 28 kmpl on highways (observed during my Hyd - Tanuku Drive). 

Still those figures are fantastic, 28 KMPL is company claimed highest mileage for Tiago 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sridhar Tandra said:
It is of course my car that gave this mileage doc, this was the average overall my ride around ORR. However, I too generally use full tank to full tank method and I get 28 kmpl on highways (observed during my Hyd - Tanuku Drive). 

That's a great mileage I should say ...

I could manage the best mileage at 21KMPL at a speed of 80-100 kmph, Vijayawada to Hyderabad, on my Renault Scala.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ranger said:

Still those figures are fantastic, 28 KMPL is company claimed highest mileage for Tiago 

Maybe that's why it is called "The Fantastico" :):)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sud said:

That's a great mileage I should say ...

I could manage the best mileage at 21KMPL at a speed of 80-100 kmph, Vijayawada to Hyderabad, on my Renault Scala.

That's not a small number for Scala doc..!! Good Going

• Like 1

Impressive mileage for a Petrol car.

Perks of ORR speed limits.

Mileage: 18 KMPL

Trip: 62 Kilometers

Gachibowli to Ramoji film city exit.

IMG_20171109_071745-02.jpeg

• Like 3

My Honda City Petrol gave around 21 kmpl on mumbai highway, on trip to Bidar. Was using cruise at 80 speed.

IMG_20180408_200833.jpg

• Like 2

Honda city and Suzuki Ciaz are currently the best sedans in terms of mileage today. I just hope their build quality gets better in the coming future too :|

• Like 1