India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Hyderabad to Bhongir fort drive meetup - February 25th - 2017

Start point - Gachibowli (ORR)
End point - Bhongir fort
Start time - 6:30 a.m.
Distance - ~110 kms

Objective :

A small gathering to meet all the new folks of the club for breakfast at Viveria hotel and drive towards Bhongir fort in a union spirit to continue this year on a cheerful note.

DSC_0609-01.jpeg

Destination description:

The Bhongir fort was built upon a single rocky hill in Bhongir, a town in Telangana, located in the Nalgonda district of the state. The Western Chalukya ruler, Tribhuvana malla Vikram aditya VI, built the fort from one single monolithic rock in the 12th century. The fort was originally named Tribhuvanagiri, and eventually the name metamorphosed into Bhuvanagiri and eventually, into Bhongir, which is its present name.

It is spread across an impressive area of 50 acres at a height of around 500 feet over the top and is about 50 kms from the Hyderabad skirt.

Highlights:

Bhongiri fort is the highest fort in India, It is constructed on a single large stone. The shape of the hill is very unique.

Bhongir fort tips:

• No food and water are available at the fort, carry your own water and snacks. Make sure you carry back the trash instead of littering around. 
  • Vehicle parking is available at foot hills of the fort.
  • Less crowded.
  • Trek is easy, no gear required as most of the ascent carved of steps on the rocky surface.
  • Not advisable to visit after sunset.
  • Early morning is the best time to visit.
  • Should be extra careful during the monsoon, it may be slippery. 

Bhongiri Fort timings:
Fort is accessible between 10AM to 5PM.

Early morning is the best time to visit, you can get into the fort at 6AM from the back entry. 
It is against rules, but you can buy the ticket while coming back.

Bhongiri Fort entry fee:

10/- per head and 50/- per camera.

Hyderabad to Bhongir fort route:

Hyderabad --> Ghatkesar --> Bhongir fort.

Hyderabad to Bhongiri Road condition:
It is a 4-lane route, it will not take you more than two hours from Hyderabad.

Hotels in Bhongiri: 

All the hotels are available on Highway as soon as you cross Bhongiri.

1.Hotel Vivera

2. Coffee day 

3.Hotel Sankalp  

Participants:

1) Maruti Suzuki Baleno - Sai Chand
2) Ford Aspire - Harshita
3) Skoda Rapid - Kaushik
4) Hyundai Creta - Sagar
5) Honda Civic - Saran
6) Honda Civic - Gowtham varma
7) Toyota Innova Crysta - Akhil
8) Audi Q3 - Bhargav

PS: This report was compiled by pictures taken by me, Gowtham and Sagar.

• Like 2

All the 'India-drive men' have lined up at the start point for usual introductory session.

DSC_0399-02.jpeg

And the drive towards our destination has begun around 6 30 a.m. with our marshall leading the convoy

DSC_0432-01.jpeg

The whole crew has displayed a perfect co-ordination throughout the drive spacing up quite beautifully

DSC_0441-01.jpeg

Good to see slow moving vehicles sticking to the left most lanes.

DSC_0450-01.jpeg

The pinks and oranges in the sky showed us some tranquility during the sunrise hour while we burnt the rubber on this beautiful ORR

DSC_0454-01.jpeg

DSC_0481-01.jpeg

The early morning fog obscures the sunlight and road while we cruised ahead

DSC_0484-01.jpeg

ORR has more lights than before and the toll price hike is pretty steep, we paid 120/- from Gachibowli to Warangal exit.

DSC_0486-01.jpeg

Kaushik - proud owner of his new Skoda Rapid 

DSC_0489-01.jpeg

• Like 3

Akhil - a youngest newbie in the crew of the drive meet up

DSC_0490-01.jpeg

Can anything get better than a foggy morning sunrise on the open road!

DSC_0492-01.jpeg

DSC_0537-01.jpeg

We never fail to miss out on such a line up which we are quite evident of..

DSC_0539-01.jpeg

DSC_0544-01.jpeg

DSC_0547-01.jpeg

Hyundai Creta leading the convoy towards its destination

DSC_0548-01.jpeg

The new Skoda Rapid looked so elegant during the drive 

DSC_0550-01.jpeg

We have taken the Exit-09 and moved towards the Warangal highway exiting the ORR

DSC_0553-01.jpeg

DSC_0558-01.jpeg

• Like 4

Sai Chand - A cheerful newbie in his smart looking Suzuki Baleno

DSC_0562-01.jpeg

Saran - This petrol head is as dynamic as always driving his Honda Civic

DSC_0566-01.jpeg

A juncture as we exited the ORR to meet a few other folks of the crew

DSC_0569-01.jpeg

Our drive towards the breakfast point was set to pace on the beautiful Warangal highway from Ghatkesar

DSC_0600-01.jpeg

All the participants lined up for a small shoot as we reached the breakfast point - Hotel Vivera, Bhongir highway

DSC_0609-01.jpeg

After a sumptuous breakfast, we moved into the Bhongir town area bifurcating from the highway

DSC_0611-01.jpeg

We reached the Bhongir fort and a quick click from the foot hill

DSC_0613-01.jpeg

The sun was shining bright on us as we started to take the stone carved stairs 

DSC_0618-01.jpeg

If you can call them 'The Powerpuff Girls' :D, they have been as energetic as always throughout the trek

DSC_0621-01.jpeg

• Like 4

The stairs as we moved up the ascent got a little harsh on us which in turn was quite adventurous 

DSC_0623-01.jpeg

A small breather when we found a little space in shade to rest

DSC_0633-01.jpeg

From right to left - @sai86 @gowtham @Saran @akhil_redd @Tej @varun @bhargav @kaushik @sagar

DSC_0644-01.jpeg

The trek up the hill wouldn't have been so much fun without these cheerful souls

DSC_0645-01.jpeg

DSC_0652-01.jpeg

DSC_0654-01.jpeg

The rocky terrain up the hill has made the trek a little more adventurous offering more fun 

DSC_0659-01.jpeg

We never miss out on any drive with 'India-Drive' :D

DSC_0665-01.jpeg

The trek up the hill throughout has been under the hot sun. Don't forget to carry your water bottles with you during your visit 

DSC_0670-01.jpeg

We thought we half covered at least half the way but then, there was a lot more to do ahead of us

DSC_0673-01.jpeg

• Like 4

Few glimpses of the trek as we moved up further

DSC_0674-01.jpeg

View of the Bhongir town from the mid way of the trek

DSC_0676-01.jpeg

DSC_0678-01.jpeg

DSC_0679-01.jpeg

DSC_0680-01.jpeg

DSC_0682-01.jpeg

DSC_0683-01.jpeg

Harshita - One of the coolest drive enthusiasts who always makes sure not to miss any of the drive meets

DSC_0684-01.jpeg

DSC_0685-01.jpeg

DSC_0688-01.jpeg

• Like 3

View of the Warangal highway from the top of the hill during our trek 

DSC_0689-01.jpeg

A panoramic view of the whole Bhongir town

DSC_0690-01.jpeg

There is a railing along the steps to support you during the trek

DSC_0691-01.jpeg

And then we were almost there

DSC_0694-01.jpeg

The fort on the top does not have much to offer as it is very old and ruined, but you are going to love these steep rocks while you climb up

DSC_0697-01.jpeg

By the 18th century, the fort has fallen into decay, and until recently, it had just remained a silent fortification ruin.

DSC_0701-01.jpeg

DSC_0706-01.jpeg

Tej + Sruthika - One of the most cheerful couples in the crew

DSC_0708-01.jpeg

DSC_0711-01.jpeg

Don't forget to climb the roof!

DSC_0714-01.jpeg

Mission Accomplished! We then rested between the human spoilt inside walls of the fort and trekked down back to the base

DSC_0732-01.jpeg

Over all, It has been a wonderful drive and trek with a great crew of enthusiasts.. Looking forward to join you guys for the upcoming drives this year. Cheers!

Edited by sagar
  • Like 6

Awesome pictures and report @shammy, It has been one of the most amazing drives and trek. A big shout to the whole crew for keeping it all alive. Cheers everyone! :D 

Here are a few pictures from my side

YDXJ1168-01.jpeg

Selfie with the whole crew at Hotel Vivera

YDXJ1171-01.jpeg

Top of the hill

YDXJ1182-01.jpeg

• Like 6

Thank you for sharing the report shammy.

Had a great day. One of the best meets ever.
It was nice meeting all you guys. Pour in some ideas for the next meet.
Thank you all for making this meet so much fun.

Few mobile clicks.
IMG_20170225_064335-01.jpeg
Meeting point on the ORR.

IMG_20170225_064329-01.jpeg

View of the Warangal highway from the fort.

IMG_20170225_111030-01.jpeg

I like to wander where the mobile signal is weak.

IMG_20170225_111026-01.jpeg

Bhongiri village view on the other side.

IMG_20170225_111033-01.jpeg

Bhongiri fort is a must visit place. Winter is the best time to visit. Last picture for the day.

IMG_20170225_114715-02.jpeg

• Like 6

Amazing clicks @shammy .. I would love to make it for the next drive, It so looks like a fun group. Please keep us updated about the upcoming drives :)

• Like 1

Vow that's a wonderful narration.. pictures best :) definitely I've seen new shades of the bongir fort :)

• Like 5

Amazing clicks [mention=49]shammy[/mention] .. I would love to make it for the next drive, It so looks like a fun group. Please keep us updated about the upcoming drives

Yes you will meet all the like minded enthusiasts and I am pretty sure that you will definitely gonna love this group!! You can check our website for more information and updates.
  • Like 4

Its was a nice breakfast meetup! Here are few clicks from me. Didn't click much though! After the half way climbing fallen sick. You guys supported me to manage it. Thank you soo much to all of you
2017-02-25-20-50-05-01.jpeg

20170225_100508-01-01.jpeg

2017-02-25-21-03-37.jpg

2017-02-25-21-10-48.jpg

2017-02-25-21-24-24-01.jpeg

2017-02-25-22-02-28.jpg

2017-02-25-22-15-17-01-01.jpeg

2017-02-26-10-32-33-01.jpeg

PSX_20170226_160333-01.jpeg

2017-02-26-16-59-27-01.jpeg

2017-02-26-17-07-43-01.jpeg

PSX_20170226_172636-01.jpeg

PSX_20170226_173842-01.jpeg,
2017-02-25-20-57-27.jpg

PSX_20170226_175752-01.jpeg

2017-02-26-18-10-09-01.jpeg

PSX_20170226_184031-01.jpeg

2017-02-26-19-04-29.jpg

2017-02-26-19-31-21.jpg

PSX_20170226_193359-01.jpeg

2017-02-26-19-31-21.jpg

2017-02-26-08-41-49-01.jpeg

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Saran said:

Its was a nice breakfast meetup! Here are few clicks from me.

Awesome clicks Saran and your civic sounds great, best part is it is muted under 3k rpm.

47 minutes ago, Saran said:

@bhargav's Q3

Nice shot.

• Like 3

Just now, gowtham said:

Awesome clicks Saran and your civic sounds great, best part is it is muted under 3k rpm.

Nice shot.

Thanks @Gowtham :)

• Like 3