India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rajesh

Hyderabad to ranchi road route direction and conditions

Guest Rajesh

I'm planning to travel on 11 Feb from hyd to ranchi can any one help to find me Gud road conditions with directions 

Regards  Rajesh 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Guest Rajesh said:

I'm planning to travel on 11 Feb from hyd to ranchi can any one help to find me Gud road conditions with directions 

Regards  Rajesh 

Hi @Rajesh, Hyderabad to Ranchi will show up approx. around 1400 kms which can be done in 2 days. I would suggest you to start your drive before the early sunrise around 4 a.m. 

Day - 1  -  Hyderabad - Nizamabad - Adilabad - Nagpur - Raipur (Night stay) ----->  ~800 kms

Start time - 4:00 a.m    End time - 7:00 p.m. 

Day - 2 - Raipur - Sambalpur - Kolabira - Simdega - Kunti - Ranchi           -----> ~600 kms       

Start time - 4:00 a.m.    End time - 6:00 p.m. 

Any delay in your start time might delay your drive by long hours due to heavy truck traffic and bad roads throughout the highway. 

The road condition between Hyderabad to Adilabad is excellent with less traffic and then the road till you reach Nagpur and RAipur, the road deteriorates but still you can cruise at 100 Kmph except for a few bad stretches inbetween.

The road from Raipur to Ranchi passes through a lot of truck traffic as there are a lot of mines and few forests stretches. Expect few traffic jams but if you get lucky nothing like it.

Have a safe drive :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Guest Rajesh said:

Plan A
@Sagar suggestion is fastest and the best route.

Hyderabad --> Nagpur --> Raipur --> Ranchi : 1400 kilometers

Hyderabad to Nagpur : road condition is super good, 4-lane
Nagpur to Raipur : road condition is average, single lane.
Raipur to Ranchi :  road condition is average. single lane.(some stretches are bad)

Start as early as possible to avoid village traffic and bikers.

Plan B
If you want to explore places en-route and have time in hand, I would suggest you the following plan.

Day1
Hyderabad --> Vijayawada --> Rajahmundry--> Vishakapatnam : 620 kilometers

Road condition : 4-lane toll road, excellent. 

Explore beaches in Vishakapatam, you will find beach view accommodation for reasonable price.

Day2

Vishakapatnam--> Srikakulam --> Brahmapur --> Puri : 445 Kilometers

Road condition: 4-lane toll road, excellent. Last few kilometers is single lane.

Explore beaches in Puri. One of the best beaches on that coastal line.

Day 3

Puri --> Cuttak --> Chakradharpura --> Ranchi : 510 Kilometers

Road condition: 2-lane and road is average, start early in the morning.

• Like 5

The information from @sagar and @gowthamwas spot on.. high end trucks are common in these areas as it's filled with large mines. These heavily loaded trucks also leave the roads in complete tatters which is a major concern. The roads otherwise are pretty fine

• Like 3

I don't think the roads approaching Ranchi from the south after nagpur are any good. I doubt if you would get good roads between Raipur and Ranchi

• Like 3

Raipur-Ranchi, I am not sure there is any route where you are likely to get predominantly good roads. Jharkhand side has quite a few  nasty speed breakers enroute

• Like 2

Thaks guys for your kind suggestions and advice.

Any suggestions about the following options?

Nagpur --> Raipur --> Ambikapur --> Jashpur --> Gumla --> ranchi

Hyderabad --> Bhuneshwar --> Anandpur --> Jaitgarh --> Chakdarpur --> Khunti --> Ranchi

I have to finish in two days, I need to attend some function.

12 hours ago, vivek said:
Raipur-Ranchi, I am not sure there is any route where you are likely to get predominantly good roads. Jharkhand side has quite a few  nasty speed breakers enroute

Vivek is any other route where traffic and road conditions should be fine?

• Like 2

Hey @rajesh, info given by @sagar is absolutely spot on.. I would suggest you to take that route as it is the best among the available options.. Drive safe and please to update us the current status ans ur experience after you are back.. 

• Like 1

Guys many thanks for your kind suggestions and feed back
I completed my road journey from hyd to ranchi via raipur to sambhalpur sundargarh simdega Gumla awesome exp 1482 km total

From Hyderabad to Sundargarh 4-lane and road condition is awesome.
Total road toll tax : 1500rs

• Like 1

Guest Kishore

Hi Rajesh....

How was the road conditions from Raipur to Ranchi...Was it safe to drive on this route. What time you started from Raipur and when u reached Ranchi.

Take Sambar pur to sundargarh rourkela torpa Khusi ranchi
This route is good don't take other route short cut or led u will be trapped like me

Rajesh Sinha hyd

• Like 1

Hi Rajesh....
How was the road conditions from Raipur to Ranchi...Was it safe to drive on this route. What time you started from Raipur and when u reached Ranchi.

Yes it is safe in day time

Rajesh Sinha hyd

• Like 1

Guest Amit MIshra
On 2/13/2017 at 12:24 PM, rajesh said:

Guys many thanks for your kind suggestions and feed back
I completed my road journey from hyd to ranchi via raipur to sambhalpur sundargarh simdega Gumla awesome exp 1482 km total

From Hyderabad to Sundargarh 4-lane and road condition is awesome.
Total road toll tax : 1500rs

Nagpur to Sundargarh is four lane or single lane ?

Guest Anuj

Guys I have driven thrice from Hyderabad to Ranchi route.

Hyderabad --- Bhilai(night stay,i prefer than Raipur) -- Sambhalpur -- Jharsuguda -- Khuti -- Ranchi

Above is best road, Hyderabad till Sambhal pur its 4 lane throughout (few patches before Nagpur and in between ), don't follow map my india,

it takes you via Subdega (after Jharsuguda) i used this road once for two and fro,
it is quite lonely and dangerous,as i cross via some villages and with almost no commuters.

Avoid jashur ,ambika pur etc.

On 11/11/2018 at 10:56 PM, Guest Anuj said:

Guys I have driven thrice from Hyderabad to Ranchi route.

Thank you for the update. 

Roads are Nagpur are pathetic from the past 10 years. 

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:56 PM, Guest Anuj said:

Hyderabad --- Bhilai(night stay,i prefer than Raipur) -- Sambhalpur -- Jharsuguda -- Khuti -- Ranchi

Thanks a lot for sharing the update on this route Anuj. Information on decent hotels in Bhilai would be more helpful :)  

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Ranger
      Day 0 : Hyderabad 14th December

Medical check list:
      Crocin - body pains and fever Metrogyl - motions Avomine - motion sickness  Surbex- T multivitamin - resistance  Band aids - safety Soframycin ointment - safety Wikoryl - sore throat and cold Diamox - Altitude sickness  
      Vehicle check list 
      Periodic Service and all liquids top up Wheel alignment and balancing, check tyres for punctures, check spare wheel Jumper cables (available at Ranijung)   Towing ropes and  hooks (available at Ranijung)   Air pump Spare bulbs Torch  Duct tape  Knife/scissors Zip ties  Basic tool kit Dash cam Car charger (two, front/rear) PUC (pollution)   
      Camera check list :
      Don't forget to empty memory cards Tripod stand Action Camera Car mount Chargers and extra batteries  Gimbal  
      Personal check list 
      Passport Passport size photos Original license Original RC Original Insurance AAdhar card
    • By kishorerao
      Guys can someone please suggest the route and pit-stops to ooty from Hyderabad and best place to stay in ooty
      I'm planning to go on 16th December 2018

• By uday
      Hi All,

Please share your best mobile picture. 

Rules:
      Shot should be landscape  Share some information like location/object name etc Add mobile name No category restriction, can be anything.   
  • Mobile App downloads