India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rajesh

Hyderabad to ranchi road route direction and conditions

Guest Rajesh

I'm planning to travel on 11 Feb from hyd to ranchi can any one help to find me Gud road conditions with directions 

Regards  Rajesh 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Guest Rajesh said:

I'm planning to travel on 11 Feb from hyd to ranchi can any one help to find me Gud road conditions with directions 

Regards  Rajesh 

Hi @Rajesh, Hyderabad to Ranchi will show up approx. around 1400 kms which can be done in 2 days. I would suggest you to start your drive before the early sunrise around 4 a.m. 

Day - 1  -  Hyderabad - Nizamabad - Adilabad - Nagpur - Raipur (Night stay) ----->  ~800 kms

Start time - 4:00 a.m    End time - 7:00 p.m. 

Day - 2 - Raipur - Sambalpur - Kolabira - Simdega - Kunti - Ranchi           -----> ~600 kms       

Start time - 4:00 a.m.    End time - 6:00 p.m. 

Any delay in your start time might delay your drive by long hours due to heavy truck traffic and bad roads throughout the highway. 

The road condition between Hyderabad to Adilabad is excellent with less traffic and then the road till you reach Nagpur and RAipur, the road deteriorates but still you can cruise at 100 Kmph except for a few bad stretches inbetween.

The road from Raipur to Ranchi passes through a lot of truck traffic as there are a lot of mines and few forests stretches. Expect few traffic jams but if you get lucky nothing like it.

Have a safe drive :)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Guest Rajesh said:

Plan A
@Sagar suggestion is fastest and the best route.

Hyderabad --> Nagpur --> Raipur --> Ranchi : 1400 kilometers

Hyderabad to Nagpur : road condition is super good, 4-lane
Nagpur to Raipur : road condition is average, single lane.
Raipur to Ranchi :  road condition is average. single lane.(some stretches are bad)

Start as early as possible to avoid village traffic and bikers.

Plan B
If you want to explore places en-route and have time in hand, I would suggest you the following plan.

Day1
Hyderabad --> Vijayawada --> Rajahmundry--> Vishakapatnam : 620 kilometers

Road condition : 4-lane toll road, excellent. 

Explore beaches in Vishakapatam, you will find beach view accommodation for reasonable price.

Day2

Vishakapatnam--> Srikakulam --> Brahmapur --> Puri : 445 Kilometers

Road condition: 4-lane toll road, excellent. Last few kilometers is single lane.

Explore beaches in Puri. One of the best beaches on that coastal line.

Day 3

Puri --> Cuttak --> Chakradharpura --> Ranchi : 510 Kilometers

Road condition: 2-lane and road is average, start early in the morning.

• Like 5

The information from @sagar and @gowthamwas spot on.. high end trucks are common in these areas as it's filled with large mines. These heavily loaded trucks also leave the roads in complete tatters which is a major concern. The roads otherwise are pretty fine

• Like 3

I don't think the roads approaching Ranchi from the south after nagpur are any good. I doubt if you would get good roads between Raipur and Ranchi

• Like 3

Raipur-Ranchi, I am not sure there is any route where you are likely to get predominantly good roads. Jharkhand side has quite a few  nasty speed breakers enroute

• Like 2

Thaks guys for your kind suggestions and advice.

Any suggestions about the following options?

Nagpur --> Raipur --> Ambikapur --> Jashpur --> Gumla --> ranchi

Hyderabad --> Bhuneshwar --> Anandpur --> Jaitgarh --> Chakdarpur --> Khunti --> Ranchi

I have to finish in two days, I need to attend some function.

12 hours ago, vivek said:
Raipur-Ranchi, I am not sure there is any route where you are likely to get predominantly good roads. Jharkhand side has quite a few  nasty speed breakers enroute

Vivek is any other route where traffic and road conditions should be fine?

• Like 2

Hey @rajesh, info given by @sagar is absolutely spot on.. I would suggest you to take that route as it is the best among the available options.. Drive safe and please to update us the current status ans ur experience after you are back.. 

• Like 1

Guys many thanks for your kind suggestions and feed back
I completed my road journey from hyd to ranchi via raipur to sambhalpur sundargarh simdega Gumla awesome exp 1482 km total

From Hyderabad to Sundargarh 4-lane and road condition is awesome.
Total road toll tax : 1500rs

• Like 1

Guest Kishore

Hi Rajesh....

How was the road conditions from Raipur to Ranchi...Was it safe to drive on this route. What time you started from Raipur and when u reached Ranchi.

Take Sambar pur to sundargarh rourkela torpa Khusi ranchi
This route is good don't take other route short cut or led u will be trapped like me

Rajesh Sinha hyd

• Like 1

Hi Rajesh....
How was the road conditions from Raipur to Ranchi...Was it safe to drive on this route. What time you started from Raipur and when u reached Ranchi.

Yes it is safe in day time

Rajesh Sinha hyd

• Like 1

Guest Amit MIshra
On 2/13/2017 at 12:24 PM, rajesh said:

Guys many thanks for your kind suggestions and feed back
I completed my road journey from hyd to ranchi via raipur to sambhalpur sundargarh simdega Gumla awesome exp 1482 km total

From Hyderabad to Sundargarh 4-lane and road condition is awesome.
Total road toll tax : 1500rs

Nagpur to Sundargarh is four lane or single lane ?

Guest Anuj

Guys I have driven thrice from Hyderabad to Ranchi route.

Hyderabad --- Bhilai(night stay,i prefer than Raipur) -- Sambhalpur -- Jharsuguda -- Khuti -- Ranchi

Above is best road, Hyderabad till Sambhal pur its 4 lane throughout (few patches before Nagpur and in between ), don't follow map my india,

it takes you via Subdega (after Jharsuguda) i used this road once for two and fro,
it is quite lonely and dangerous,as i cross via some villages and with almost no commuters.

Avoid jashur ,ambika pur etc.

On 11/11/2018 at 10:56 PM, Guest Anuj said:

Guys I have driven thrice from Hyderabad to Ranchi route.

Thank you for the update. 

Roads are Nagpur are pathetic from the past 10 years. 

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:56 PM, Guest Anuj said:

Hyderabad --- Bhilai(night stay,i prefer than Raipur) -- Sambhalpur -- Jharsuguda -- Khuti -- Ranchi

Thanks a lot for sharing the update on this route Anuj. Information on decent hotels in Bhilai would be more helpful :)  

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Pulkit
      I am planning a trip to GOA from HYD by car next weekend.
      So anyone can suggest me the best route for that?

I am planning to leave around 2:00 AM from Hyderabad to Goa which way i have to take?
    • By Ranger
      Finally got a chance to fix my bumper scratches.

Two weeks back I had small bumper damage.
      Minor bumper crack Broken clips Deep scratches

Visited showroom:
      Replace rear bumper  Repaint rear bumper Need to order bumper Insurance claim charges Three days time (once the bumper is available)  
      From the past 15 years,
      I never gave my car outside the showroom.
      All the repaint jobs are done at showroom.

Last weekend, I decided to explore lower Tankbund options.

I contacted my friend who live around that area,
      He said most of them does the work well.

We picked a shop that my friend visits for bumper repairs. 

Quote given was 1200/-
      I was in shock :p (my aim was to get it done under 2.5k)
      Price was too tempting to leave,
      I gave a go ahead without any bargain.

Steps
      Reached paint booth at 10AM They remove the fuel cap Took it to paint shop  Got the color premixed They applied some Patti Some rubbing work done Removed tail lamp Fixed the broken bumper clamp Tail lamp fixed back  
      It was like a war zone, 5 members working on it.
      He spotted few scratches on front bumper Asked me another 300/- to fix :o I gave a go ahead Masked all the parts They sprayed 4 different types of paints At 11AM it is done and I out  
      Pros:
      Cheap Quick 100% colour matching Cons:
      Long term reliability Not so professional Ideal for only bumper damages Finishing is not so great, I can feel some rough edges.  
      Ideal place to fix scratches for a 5+ year old cars.
      For new cars it is always better to claim the insurance and fix it. (If you need professional quality)

Removed the fuel cap to get the correct paint

Applied some patti

Removed the tail lamp to fix the bumper clamps from inside (to avoid external screws)
      Rubbing is done.

Had few bumper scratches at the front corner,
      Shop owner asked for another 300/- bucks to fix it, since the paint will be left over.
      I gave a go ahead. 

They sprayed around 4-layers

Let the pint dry

Final output : Front bumper

Rear bumper

Once I get time,
      I will click pictures in the sunlight for the analysis. 
    • By KSK
      What is this BOCH: This group was created to provide a platform for Baleno owners from Hyderabad to share and seek information about various aspects like sales, service, warranty, insurance, accessories, modifications et al, and also to engage in frequent meet ups. These meets have helped immensely in knowing each other and also to strengthen the bond among group members. We hope to continue to organize these meet-ups as long as we can. Now the group's count is 160 plus members.

Prelude:
      After the 6th BOCH meet, we decided that we would be taking a long break and no more meetups anytime soon. That was in mid Novermber 2018.  But, as they say, men will be men, and rules are meant to be broken. And so we did exactly that in little over two month's time and completed the 7th meet on January 26, 2019.  And also, 8th meet is not too very far away, planning it in March. So this just goes to show 'the more that you resist the tide, the more it pulls you in'.  It is such an amazing Baleno group with enthusiastic guys who are always ready to meet and explore.

Preparation:
      Unlike our previous short meets, the 6th meet was a special one where we had spent the whole day in a resort. So the plan for the 7th meet was to stretch it for two days with overnight stay and return the next day.  While looking at options, a member shared the travelogue of India-Drive night camping at Koilsagar (done in 2017). Many members showed interest in this and we immediately put the plan into action. With date decided, I did a quick recce of the place. We calculated per-head cost if we take camp tents for rent and carry food. Everyone volunteered to share responsibilities. But the main concern and challenge was to organize night camping (especially with ladies and families involved) at an unknown lake with a large group. We had our apprehensions about permission, locals and security.  So we contacted India-Drive admins and took all the details of the organizer (Hyderabad Adventure & Trekker's club).  After discussing with HAT's club, they agreed to do our event and it proved to be a wise decision in the end. Though the pricing was a tad high but without them we could have lost and wouldn't have enjoyed the way we did. The package included T3 tents for 2 members, dinner, astronomy session and early morning trekking.  As a complimentary, they agreed to shoot our trip without any additional charge. Thanks to Mr.Dheeraj for wonderful arrangements.

Itinerary:
      Reach M Food Court (1st meeting point) located around 75 km from Hyderabad and 13 km after Raikal toll plaza by 2:00 pm. Reach Deverakadra and stop for drone shooting. Reach Koilsagar and search for camp site and sunset shoot. Introduction of members and organizers. Pitch tents and campfire. Followed by Dinner, BBQ, astronomy session and star gazing. At 6:30 am, early morning trekking to nearby hill By 9:30 am, return journey to Hyderabad.  
      How Things Went:
      The day before the meet, Hyderabad city had plunged into gloominess with not so good weather forecast the next day. We were worried about rain at the venue and it may play spoilsport to the event. To our dismay, it started to downpour on the meetup day as soon as we reached outer ring road. So we thought the trip is going to be a dampner.  Luckily, it stopped raining as we were out of the city though it remained gloomy till 1st meeting point.  All the members reached M Food Court before 2 pm (thanks to all for being punctual), but organizers were nearly 45 min late to arrive. We could only continue our journey from M Food court towards Koilsagar at 3:15 pm as opposed to itinerary time 2:15 pm.

Around 4:30 pm, we reached Deverakadra mandal and for about 30-40 min we had drone shooting, line up of Balenos and photo session. We reached camp site at 5:30 and scouted for a nice place to pitch tents and park our big convoy. There were some places already occupied by some others, but we managed to find a decent place. Everything went as planned after that like campfire, BBQ, astronomy session and star gazing, dinner followed by surprise activity with our Balenos, other shoots and of course lots of fun.  Many members were awake till 3 to 5 am (I slept at 3 am) with everlasting discussions.  Luckily, there wasn't a single drop of rain until the next day and we were so relieved for that.

Next morning, by the time we completed our trekking to a nearby hill, it was nearly 9:30 am and it started to drizzle. A few members had fun drifting their cars for 10 minutes in those wet conditions, and finally we bid adieu to Koilsagar - what was a memorable trip!

What We (and I) Missed:
      We could not shoot with drone at camp site because of low light. Forgot to take group pics though we had some pics taken during introductory session. I could not take my Baleno to the trip as our colony road dug up for laying new drainage pipes.😡  
      I let the pictures speak the rest:

Dark clouds looming overhead with rain:

Line up of Balenos at M Food Court attracted quite a few eyes:

Stopped at this straight scenic road of Deverakadra for drone shoot:

Classic line up shot using selfie stick:

Balenos parked Balenos in an arc at camp site:

Meanwhile, kids were having their own fun time:

Something you don't often find in cities:

Priceless expression:

Kids with kids ☺️:

Aesthetic Sunset:

A Baleno soaking in the sun:

Sublime Safari (a member came in this as their count was more than 6):

Another member came in his new Ignis (he's got Baleno and S-Cross too) 😎:

Behold the beauty of the sunset:

In the lap of beautiful nature:

Introductory and Interactive session:

Beautiful sight with camps in light:

Astronomy session and star gazing:

Half moon and its beauty, captured using 600 mm lens:

With chilling weather outside, campfire warmth was comforting:

BOCH members sans family and friends:

Intriguing photoshoot of Baleno headlights:

Woke up to this gorgeous view:

Hill that was trekked:

That conquered feeling:

Picture-perfect picture of the campsite:

Majestic view of Koilsagar:

An enthusiast's drifting:

The little one with its elder sibling:

One final line-up shot:

Final group pic of members before parting ways:

Being a part of this wonderful BOCH group and leading it was quite a learning experience for me.  Needless to mention, it enabled me to meet other Baleno owners and avid car lovers from different walks of life. I hope our bond becomes even more stronger as we grow bigger as a group, and embark on many more journeys.
      Hope you liked this short travelogue. Keep traveling and happy motoring!
  • Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th