India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

SK01

1681KM, 7 Days, My Golden Horse(HYDERABAD-RAJAHMUNDRY-MAREDUMILLI-VISAKHAPATANAM-RAJAHMUNDRY-HYDERABAD)

Day one(29/01/2017)

Sunday, Morning 8:00

HYDERABAD-->>>RAJAHMUNDRY

Distance: 429 KM

Drive Time: 9 Hours including one long break and few resting breaks

Mileage: 13.2 KMPL

Vehicle: Honda City VX Manual Transmission (Golden Horse)

Fuel: Petrol

Speed: Cruised at 120 KMPH

Route:

HYDERABAD--> Suryapet--> Vijayawada-->(VIJAYAWADA BYPASS ROAD) Nuzivid--> Hanuman Junction--> NH16 (CHENNAI-KOLKATA HIGHWAY)--> Rajahmundry.

Many of you might be familiar with the Vijayawada--> Rajahmundry normal route, but this is a newly constructed route which skips Vijayawada city traffic goes through many small village roads, narrow roads, small ghat roads or mini ghat roads. The road conditions are worst till Nuzivid and from there the road is two lane road and is good. There are no proper restaurants till Rajahmundry, one must be prepared to eat on the way side dhabas or else wait till Rajahmundry.

Coming to the Hyderabad

To Suryapet road, the road is awesome 4 laned road there are many restaurants on the way, driveking wrote a review about this road so I'm skipping the info of this way and will go on with my journey.

I stopped at Ma palle ruchulu for breakfast. The restaurant is awesome and the prices are reasonable for the quality. Don't expect any luxuries in the restaurant, it's a simple yet best village themed restaurant. Best items to eat is pulla atulu in veg. I don't know about non-veg. Waited there for one hour and started to Rajahmundry. And reached Rajahmundry by 5:00 in the evening. Stayed at housing board colony, my grandparents place.

Here are few pics if the restaurant and the way.31f4f452e9042147873ac3fe10cde737.jpg

918934fb6fc8abd8297153dcdfd5d206.jpg

4f76f15825db62dcf1dbaf2104edca34.jpg

9cef4213a5111297b8286ce9849002aa.jpg

Pictures of Restaurant, Vijayawada Bypass road and the worst part of the Vijayawada bypass road.

Day Two (30/01/2017) Monday.

No activity, Took rest. 

Day Three(31/01/2017) Tuesday, Morning 7:30

RAJAHMUNDRY-->MAREDUMILLI

Distance: 86 KM

Drive Time: 2 hour 45 mins with few photography breaks.

Vehicle: Honda City VX Manual Transmission

Speed: 80-110 KMPH

Route:

Rajahmundry--> Gadaala--> Rajahmundry Airport--> Burugupudi--> Korukonda--> Gokavaram--> Venkata Puram--> Folkspeta--> Bhuoatipalem--> Rampachodavaram--> Ramannavalasa--> Maredumilli.

Started at 7:30AM from Rajahmundry and reached Maredumilli at 10:30AM. The road conditions are excellent two laned road takes you through beautiful dense forest. After reaching Gokavaram mobile signal goes off only BSNL signals are available. After reaching Rampachodavaram beautiful dense and beautiful forest starts and the ghat road starts from there. One can easily maintain 80-100 on the road there'll be no traffic after crossing Rampachodavaram, that's the last place where we can find population and from there it's calm, beautiful, lush green, dense forest and agency area. There is a reservoir at Bhupathipalem name is Bhupathipalem reservoir that's a beautiful place which also offers boating.

There are two resorts to stay at Maredumill

1) Birds nest resort

2) Vanavihari Eco Tourism

The best place to stay for a family is Vanavihari Eco Tourism. There is a restaurant in the resort, veg and no veg are available on demand. Best time to stay and visit Maredumilli is October to November. And best place to stay is Hill top resort at Vanavihari Maredumilli. There are many other AC and non AC resorts to stay ranging from ₹1000 per night to ₹2000 per night for two people and ₹600 for an extra bed. There is Jungle star nature camp a site for camping.

Places to visit at Maredumilli

1) Jalatarangini Waterfalls

2) Swarnadhara And Rampa Waterfalls

3) Karthikavanam And The Vali Sugriva Medicinal Plants Conservation Area

4) Madanikunj-Vihara Sthal.

According to the receptionist at Vanavihari most of the waterfalls are dried up now. And Karthikavanam And The Vali Sugriva Medicinal Plants Conservation Area is empty, no one to guide and no one will be with you even to open the gate that's my personal experience but the place is must visit for nature lovers and Photographers. There is coffee plantation area where you can spot birds according to locals, but the place is deserted without a single person, better to go with groups and good offroading vehicles, preferably a Thar. Maredumilli is a place for true nature lovers, Photographers and for the people who want to forget and come out of cities and enjoy the nature. One can enjoy the silence of the forest and lush green beauty of the forest in any season.

I visited Vanavihari took photographs and explored few lonely and beautiful places in my Honda City, felt that's not the right car and not the right place for 3 people took rest near the coffee plantation gate and left the place with a heavy heart.

Places to Eat: Restaurant at Maredumilli.

PS: don't eat at way side Restaurants at Maredumilli. And bamboo chicken is famous there. Haven't tasted as I'm a vegetarian.

Here are few pictures.Vanavihari Maredumilli

699370a841e63fc7e9e292672188108f.jpg

Ghat road through dense forest at Maredumilli

25ed4614b9487a5d13ddc55eb31ed508.jpg

86dc55e3c6e68ab15f7552b29620548f.jpgMe with my grandfather

dd87d00b602258d2b1e71ea6c9a8c7cf.jpg Bhupathipalem reservoir.

Day three(01/02/2017), Wednesday afternoon 2:30.

RAJAHMUNDRY--> VISAKHAPATNAM

Distance: 190.7 KM

Drive Time: 3 hours 30 minutes hours without a break

Speed: Cruised at 120 KMPH

Route: Visakhapatnam--> Annavaram--> Visakhapatnam.

The road conditions are excellent four lane road till Vishakapatanam.

Started off to Visakhapatnam in the afternoon at 2:30 after watching the no use budget

Reached Visakhapatnam by 6:00PM.

Attended a marriage in the night at slept at 1:00AM

Stayed at Green Park Hotel. Hotel is excellent. Price ₹7000 per night we got for ₹6000 office discount.

PLACES TO EAT ON THE WAY TO VISAKHAPATNAM:

One Food Court at Annavaram on the right side while going to Visakhapatnam.

Day four (02/02/2017), Thursday Morning 11:00.

Visited few places and temples.

Places: Kailash Giri, Submarine Museum.

Temples: Laxmi Narasayamma temple at Sujatha Nagar.

Simhachalam.

Very bad that I forgot my camera in the room couldn't take pictures that day.

In the night we visited RK Beach. The night is unforgettable... Slept for few minutes on the marble platform and watched the sea. Clicked few pictures... And left the place.

Day five (03/02/2017), Friday Early Morning 5:00.

Visited Tenneti Park for sunrise photoshoot. Took pictures from the view point and enjoyed the scene.

Here are few pictures of the sunrise and my Golden Horse.

cdc3ac59d0dd3605fb1f2e0df898bb1e.jpg

de174db3028cccf9b05f69d151662251.jpg

659d9690dd709c3da3c6378bb640fa4f.jpg

a5830a1af15e9a28dc6d9efb0a0d9a0c.jpg

Started to Rajahmundry at 3:00 in the afternoon and reached by 6:00 in the evening.

Day six(04/02/2017), Saturday Morning 7:00.

Distance: 430KM

Drive time: 9 hours including one long break and few short breaks

Speed: Cruised at 110KMPH.

Took another route from Rajahmundry not the regular Rajahmundry--> Vijayawada--> Suryapet--> Hyderabad route. This is a bypass route which skips Rajahmundry takes you through a new bridge over Godavari river and then connects to the Khammam-Aswaraopet road. Take left from lalacheruvu and it'll connect you to the bypass route.

The road conditions are worst two laned road till Aswaraopet, once you enter Aswaraopet you should take a left and it'll connect you to Khammam road. The road from Aswaraopet is excellent two laned road, one can easily cruise at 100KMPH. Road is surrounded by lush greenery and farms. Many places to rest under trees. This road has many truck traffic as they enter this road to avoid toll gates. It took us 9 hours to reach Hyderabad because of the worst road till Aswaraopet. After Khammam it connects to sathupalli and then connects to Suryapet then regular highway starts. Enter this road only if you want to avoid toll plazas.

On this route we reached home by 5:30. We stay at Kompally traffic starts from Uppal.

PLACES TO EAT: Vijayawada to Hyderabad

Many way side Restaurants till Suryapet. After Suryapet there are many good restaurants, few are

On the left when coming to Hyderabad:

1) G Hotel

Nice hotels with decent price and quality

2)Hotel Sai Prasad Pure Vegetarian

Pure vegetarian restaurant, no neatness

3) Vivera. after Narketpally

Veg and non veg no neatness

Hyderabad to Vijayawada : On the right when going to Vijayawada:

1) Annapurna Pure Vegetarian

Decent and simple veg restaurant

2) Village Aharam

Organic restaurant

3) Ma Palle Ruchulu

Super village themed restaurant with good food and decent price

4) 9 restaurant

Haven't tried

5) 7 food court

Good food, good ambience value for money.

Lastly thanks a lot to the guys in the WhatsApp group who had helped me in the journey happy.pnghappy.pnghappy.png

• Like 9

Superb information in the post[mention=342]krish[/mention] .. Thanks a lot for sharing

Thank you very much
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, shiva said:
Beautiful pictures bro.
Love those beach pictures.

Thanks a lot bro

8 hours ago, teju b said:
Perfect info[mention=342]krish[/mention].... I am planning to do this one next month and this is gonna definitely help me out

All the best
Happy journey...
Call me if you have any doubts regarding the route. You can find me on WhatsApp group. Name is SK. There are two SKs check the dp
Forgot to mention, the bypass road fom lalacheruvu, Rajahmundry is awesome for some 40-50KM.. and after that the worst road starts and that 100KM(APPROX) worst stretch takes 2-3 hours depending on your vehicle. It took 2 hours 30 minutes for me to complete because of low GC of my car. Took 2 underbody hits despite of maintaining a low speed.
Trust me, 50 KM you'll enjoy driving and after that you can only see potholes and truck accidents till Aswaraopet.
Only way side Restaurants and no puncture repair walas on the way till Khammam.

1 hour ago, gowtham said:
Excellent information and pictures, very well written Thank you for sharing. 

Thank you very much bro.

• Like 1

Good to hear the roads are nice from Rajahmundry to Maredumilli.
It is neglected by our government from years. It is a beautiful forest.

Your post is very informative.:cooler:

Winter and monsoon is the best time to visit.

• Like 1

Good to hear the roads are nice from Rajahmundry to Maredumilli.
It is neglected by our government from years. It is a beautiful forest.

Your post is very informative.:cooler:

Winter and monsoon is the best time to visit.

Government laid a good road.. taking good care of the forest.. you'll definitely love the government for the work..

Nice write up with good pictures! And with lot of information. Thank you for sharing such a detailed post!
It's true!! Maredmulli is one of the good places to visit for all the nature lovers!! This place is still in my bucket list!
Is there any package for jungle star nature camp?

• Like 1

Nice write up with good pictures! And with lot of information. Thank you for sharing such a detailed post!

It's true!! Maredmulli is one of the good places to visit for all the nature lovers!! This place is still in my bucket list!

Is there any package for jungle star nature camp?

₹1200 for a tent. 4 per tent. If you want to go there take a proper off-roader 4*4 is not a necessity there unless you do heavy off-roading. Take a vehicle which can manage bad roads, sharp turns, u turns in a single lane road and which can sometimes Cross a bad road with small wooden logs because there near some area you can even come across wild animals in the morning. Go with a group of people who are prepared to take risk if you want to explore some beautiful, lonely, lush green, dense forest.

The name itself brings excitement in my heart.

• Like 3

₹1200 for a tent. 4 per tent. If you want to go there take a proper off-roader 4*4 is not a necessity there unless you do heavy off-roading. Take a vehicle which can manage bad roads, sharp turns, u turns in a single lane road and which can sometimes Cross a bad road with small wooden logs because there near some area you can even come across wild animals in the morning. Go with a group of people who are prepared to take risk if you want to explore some beautiful, lonely, lush green, dense forest.
The name itself brings excitement in my heart.

Thank you for the info and suggestions@krish!! Will definitely go to this place with my friends
  • Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By LoneRanger
      The Jungle Book By Rudyard Kipling - During my childhood , the only cartoon which used to come on DD is Junglebook. And the kids from early 90's late 80's would surely know the underwear clad Protagonist Mowgli. Some of us, like me, would also recollect the song "Jungle Jungle Baat chali hai , pata chala hai , chaddi pehenke phool kile hai" , Now you might be wondering why is this guy being nostalgic , well the story of Jungle book is set in Pench National Park. Hence the nostalgia. 

Planning to the weekend Trip To Pench : 
      I stay in Hyderabad , and cannot complete the trip to Pench in a Weekend drive. But if you plan properly , you can complete the trip in a weekend. I did this trip with my parents, my dad being in his mid 60's is eager and enthusiastic for trips. 
      Booked a train from Secundrabad to Nagpur on a friday night.  Booked a Zoom car on Saturday Morning from Nagpur.  Booked a room in one of the resorts from Saturday to Sunday. (One Day). Booked Return Tickets on Sunday Night from Nagpur to Secundrabad.  Reach Hyderabad on Monday morning , and go to office.  
      Actual Trip : 
      We have booked tickets to Nagpur on Secundrabad-Nagpur SF express , the train leaves at 22:15 from Secundrabad station. The train reaches 8:15 AM sharp to Nagpur station. 

(Nagpur Station)

We woke up at 7 in the train itself , and freshened up. When the train reached Nagpur , for our conveyance i borrowed my friend's car. Very generous of him to lend his car for my family trip. He left the car for us at the station back gate. For other's , there are multiple options of self drive cars are available. Choose the car according to your needs. 

Another thing i had to keep in mind with my elderly father is his food. He has to eat on time and take medicines accordingly. Hence we went to the nearest Haldiram's to have our breakfast. To my bad luck , this particular Haldiram's was serving all south indian breakfast that day. I wanted to try something with Pav.  . 

( Haldiram's where we had our breakfast)

(Inside of haldiram's , where we had our breakfast)

After having breakfast, my friend left for his place, and decided that we would catch up again here , to return back the car the next day. It was 10:00 A.M by the time we started for Pench National park. 

We booked our accommodation at Pench Jungle Camp (https://www.penchjunglecamp.com/) , and we also booked the Breakfast, Lunch , Dinner package along with accomodation. We also made the safari booking through them. so no other headaches. but if you do book by yourself , it might be a little cheaper. 

It took us 2 hours 30 mins(Approx) to reach Pench Jungle camp.  And it was 12:30 P.M by the time we reached there. Took some time for check in , and had our Lunch immediately , before even going into our Tents. Lunch was buffet , completely Indian. You will find both Veg and Non-Veg options. Reachech Tents by 2:00 P.M. 

(The fan and the chandelier inside the tent)
      (beds , and a lovely wall art)
      (Extra space with Sofas)  

The tents are comfortable , we got ready by 3:30 P.M for the evening safari. The safari timing's is evening 4:00P.M till 7:00 P.M , and morning 5:30 A.M till 10:30 A.M. 
      We went to safari on both the days, Saturday evening and Sunday morning. As the Safari was organised by the Resort on Sunday morning , they had packed some sandwitches and boiled eggs , for us to eat. After coming back at 11:00 A.M , we had our break fast , went to our tents , freshened up and checked out at 1:00 P.M. We paid to have our Lunch , there in the resort , and left Pench by 2:30 P.M , By 5:30 we were back at Haldiram's in Nagpur , to catch up with my friend and have some coffee. 

My friend dropped us at the railway station, we took the train Nagpur - SC train back to Hyderabad. Below are some of the pics from the safari. 

(The water tanker is used to fill water in ponds for animals)

(If you are luck, you will spot a tiger ,  )

( This tent/housing belongs to forest dept , and they serve tea/biscuits for tourists, Also notice Mowgli , of the far left of the image)

(A Fox)

(Wild Dog) 

(Deers in Pench River)

(Thats the safari Road)

• By Santa86
      Trip Query: Hyderabad to Kolkata Road Trip (Hyd - Vizag - Bhubaneswar - Kolkata) , travelling on 21-Dec-19 Accommodation recommendations: Looking for accommodation in Vizag and BBSR (night halts). Highway food joint recommendations: Any suggestions on lunch point between the following: Hyderabad to Vishakhapatnam Vizag to Bhubaneswar Bhubaneswar to Kolkata No. of days: 2 nights and 3 days (onward) Vehicle : Duster RXS 85PS Places to visit: Planning to cover the below places on the way: Chilka Lake (onward) Dhabaligiri (onward) Konark Temple. (return)
    • By LoneRanger
      Precursor to the Trip: 
      Mr.Daddy calls me up on Oct 2nd in the evening. 

Daddy : I had to work today , who the hell works on Gandhi jayanthi? They don't even sell Liquor today. 
      Me : Chill Macha , we chose this job. And have to take everything it throws at us. 
      Daddy: I need some relaxation , plan something for the weekend. 
      Me : Hmm, lets go to Bhuvanagiri Fort, I have been meaning to trek that fort since childhood. 
      Daddy: Done. 

The plan has been made , but could not be executed the Dussehra weekend, due to the obvious reasons. Our Wives would let us go on a trek on a festival day. And i totally forgot about it , till 12th When Mr.Daddy messages to ask me if i'm available to do the trek on 13th (Sunday). I said yes , and the trip was on. 

Hill Fort of Bhuvanagiri: 
      If you have ever have traveled to Warangal by road or by train you would not miss this small fort on top of the hill. I remember watching the hill for the first time as a kid, from a train window, on my way to Hyderabad. Since then i was always fascinated by this small fort and it was my long lasting desire to trek to the top of it.  

The fort is constructed in the 10th century A.D by Tribhuvanamalla Vikramaditya VI. That makes this fort atleast 1000 years old. In contrast Golconda fort is 400 years old. And Since it is built by Tribhuvanamalla , the fort is called Tribhuvanagiri , Which latter became Bhuvanagiri and with the Persian and Urdu influence of the local kings became Bhongir. The fort was built on a small egg shaped hill, and there were small steps cut into the rock to climb up to the fort. 

Drive To The Fort:
      I started at 8:30 A.M on Sunday morning , and started towards Mr.Daddy's home in Manikonda, Hyderabad. I picked him up and on the way we stopped at Organic hotel to have breakfast. After having quick breakfast we took the ORR to reach Warangal Highway.
      (Organic Hotel , where we had or break Fast) 

As there was no hurry , we mostly drove in the middle lane at 80KMPH max speed, The ORR charged us 140/- to get down at Warangal high way, And soon after that we had to pay another toll on the highway, We took a to and fro pass for 140/- and went on our way. The toll has dedicated lanes for fastag , and if you still don't have one Get one ASAP. 

As soon as you cross the toll gate and proceed further , you see something like this (Image is taken from Wiki) 
      With the help of google maps we reached the entry point of the fort. There are two gates to get into , one for regular tourists and another for rock climbing school in the premises. There is ample space to park 8-10 cars. We parked our car , proceeded to the shop next to the ticket counter bought ourselves a water bottle & moved to ticket counter to buy our tickets. Ticket cost for Adults is rs: 10/- per head.

The Rock has steps cut into it , which looks fairly a recent addition to the 1000 year old Hill Fort. We started our climb from this point. 

The weather forecast for Bhongir on that day was partially cloudy and with intermittent rains. But Sun god has different plans for us. It was hot and the rock reflected the heat. After a brief walk , we ended up at the first gateway to the fort. There was some shade and i sat there for a couple of minutes. 
      (The first gateway , where you will find some shade.) 

After the first rest stop , there is enough tree cover and it was a little cloudy , we reached the second Gateway in some time. 

The distance between the second and third Gateway is not much , but there is a increase in elevation. We soon reached the third gateway , and the the view looked like this after crossing the third gateway. 

From here there is no tree cover , and to my bad luck there is no cloud cover either.  From here ,  if you walked towards right from the path , you would find some ruins. This signifies that you have reached level 1. From here the path goes on to the top of the hill. We kept on walking and discussing on how ingeniously the architect of the fort has constructed multiple Dams to conserve rain water. 

(Level 1 ruins towards the left of the picture and Check Dams to conserve towards the right of the Picture) 

From here the walk way is very steep , one has to be careful. And this can be slippery during rains. 

(Steep Walk way , with stairs cut into the rock, Rails installed in the modern era for support, Another Check Dam towards right and Mr.Daddy gauging on how far we have to go)

After this i was completely exhausted , and stopped at every 5-10 minutes on the pretext of taking pictures 😛 ,  Approximately after an hour we started , we reached the top of the fort. 
      (Celebratory pic of climbing the hill, My smile will tell you how happy i was on the top, the cannon at the back might be a late addition to the fort , as they were developed only in 15th century) 

There are three structures at the top of the Hill , one ruined old fort , and two other government buildings , with Cellular tower on top of one. The other building was build on top adjacent to an old well. (The Pic of the fort). 

The views from the top of the hill are simply amazing. Google maps told us that we were 1000 meters above MSL. Below are a few pics of the views from the fort. 

(You can spot Bhongir Railway station , from where i first saw this magnificent Hill Fort. Also , at the bottom right , notice how Dams were constructed to save water.)

(Another pond , and the fort wall at a distance)

We explored the whole place for an hour , found a small entrance and a staircase, just out of curiosity i went in and started climbing the stairs , and Mr.Daddy followed me. 
      The stairs took us to the top of the fort. There is no higher point in Bhongir Than this.  

(The fort view from behind)

(Me after conquering the fort, instead of a sword i posed with an Umbrella, modern day weapon to fight the soldiers of the nature) 
      By 2 o clock we were hungry and decided to descend, as soon as we thought of of it , we could see dark clouds manifest out of no where and weather became cloudy and pleasant.  I wonder where these clouds were when i was climbing up the hill.   

We climbed down, and there were 6 other cars parked in the parking. We went to the shop next to ticket counter had another bottle of water. Went to a nearby restaurant in Bhongir and had our lunch. After and uneventful lunch , we started back to Hyderabad , and it started raining just as we were ready to leave Bhongir. 
      Tips for Trek to the Top : 
      Carry your own water one bottle per person. Carry an umbrella , Sun or Rain it will help you a lot.  Avoid Summers , It was tiring to climb in October Sun. Imagine April Sun beating down on you.   
      Suggest to go in groups, Half of the time i was engrossed in deep conversations with Mr.Daddy , and didn't feel the tiredness. 
      Wear shoes and avoid Slippers and Flip flops at all costs

PS: For those who are wondering , why i call him Daddy , You can find the explanation in my previous write up

• By rkamal
      This Dussehra holidays we planned a long road trip to Coimbatore in our EcoSport.

Thanks to India-Drive members, especially @sagar @Ranger for suggesting trip route and staying food options along the route. 

Day -1:

We started around 4 AM from Miyapur, Hyderabad. Drive till Anantapur is quite familiar to me, as i have driven this route many times.

Drive was excellent with good pleasant weather, around 9:30 AM We reached Anantapur for breakfast at Club RuRu.

Food was good as well as the service and atmosphere. After some nice breakfast we started towards Bangalore, as we approach the outskirts of the city traffic made us slow down, and also the fear of over-speeding and getting fined made me cautious, kept at 60-80 speeds reached Devanahalli around 12:30 PM.

Our EcoSport flyaudio gave us this route which bypassed the traffic areas of the city (silkboard, electronic city) and took us to the sarjapura main road and joined on the NH just after the electronic city. The route we took to bypass the city is quite scenic and some places were narrow roads. and in some parts very rough roads (2-4 KM) with construction work is ongoing. I am attaching the route map for reference.

Around 2:30 we reached Hosur outskirts, despite being a Sunday afternoon the road is filled with heavy vehicles occupying all the lanes and made us slow down, managed to reach a good restaurant which serves good tamil meals by 3:00 PM.

The food was good and hot. after staying so long out of Tamilnadu we always look forward to eating in Tamilnadu hotels, glad we could make it for lunch.

After lunch started the journey towards Salem, Roads were quite good and smooth but not as wide as Hyderabad-bangalore highway. Not a pleasant experience as the vehicles seems to be in hurry and not giving space occupying all lanes, had to be very patient to outmatch the city buses.

Kept a average speed of 60-80 KM reached Salem, thought have a break at Salem, but due to some politicians visit (i am guessing its CM visiting his native Town) the roads were filled with cops asking us not to stop and keep left. At some places the cops were confusing us with their directions, over all a confused environment, but good thing is they reroute the heavy vehicles like lorries and trucks to some other route, so we had a clear road ahead of us.

The only catch is we couldn't stop for the tea break. And it started drizzling once we past Salem, it's almost 7 PM, and those rerouted trucks joined us back while we are nearing Coimbatore making our last leg of journey more interesting  At Komarapalayam we stopped for some hot Badam Milk and much needed break.

After that it was nice to drive to the coimbatore city with with lit wide roads, reached around 9:15 PM to Sungam cross roads, Coimbatore. After parked the vehicle and went inside the house all of us were feeling that still we are moving. From morning 4 to night 9 this makes my longest distance driven in a day. (960 KM says speedometer)

We visited the famous GeDee Car museum, Coimbatore. the beauty of the museum is we can see so many vintage cars at one place which are maintained so good.

Checkout few pics:

• Our picks