India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Hyderabad to Vijayawada road trip guide   

4 members have voted

1. 1. Food option between Hyderabad to Vijayawada

• Village Aharam : Malkapur
    • Highway 9 Restaurant : Nalgonda
    • Hotel Vivera : Nalgonda
    • Maa palle ruchulu : before suryapet
    • Hotel 7 : suryapet
    • Numerous hotel in Suryapet.(local options)
    • G-hotel : Suryapet
    • Once you cross Suryapet, you won't find any proper hotels, though you can find many road side dhabas.
  2. 2. Hyderabad to Vijayawada Toll details

• Toll gates : 4
    • Toll price : 295/-

Guest SRK HYDERABAD

Hi Can someone give the present road situation on the Hyderabad to Vijayawada route. I am planning to do it this weekend. Any help is welcome. Is the NH65 a good option as it saves a lot of time and distance. Please reply. Thank you.

Guest Anoop

Are two wheelers allowed on this road? Or do we have to opt some other route?

On 10/3/2017 at 7:01 PM, Guest Anoop said:

two wheelers allowed on this road? 

Yes, they are allowed.

• Like 1

Driven Hyderbad to Vijayawada last weekend.

Road condition is excellent (as usual).

Fast tag is working fine at all the toll booths.

No speed guns this time.

Food is excellent at Hotel 7, thought over priced.

Hotel: N-Grill Resto

A new hotel constructed between choutupall and Narketpalli, it is similar to Hotel 7.

Toll price : Hyderbad to Vijayawada: 295/-

Screenshot_20171115-101622_01.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/3/2017 at 10:45 AM, Ranger said:

Speed limit:

Official speed limit of the highway is 80 kilometers per hour. 

100 km/hr could have been more realistic.

I never realized this .. i thought it was always 100km/hr and off late it was made 120..

I had ignored this limit when i used to travel in celerio so many times.. :(

• Like 3

We all know that it is not possible to drive at 80km/hr on 4-lane elevated roads.

It is tough to point a single car that is under 80kmph.

National govt changed most of the four lane roads to 120kmph.

Not sure about latest updates.

• Like 3

We all know that it is not possible to drive at 80km/hr on 4-lane elevated roads.

Not sure about latest updates.

The speed limit is still 80 kmph on this highway. A friend of mine has been fined for cruising at 110 kmph last month near suryapet.

I feel this has be changed to atleast 100 kmph. 80 kmph on this 4 lane track is a way too difficult ..
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, sagar said:

The speed limit is still 80 kmph on this highway. A friend of mine has been fined for cruising at 110 kmph last month near suryapet. 

Really!!! My ignorance led me to drive at 120 in my celerio last year .. no challans though for me ... I guess the challan link and the speeding ticket link are one and the same ..

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Ranger said:

When I was out there at around 90-120... I have seen bigger vehicles zoom past  me... we should have things like how Germany has.. there are expressways where there is no speed limit ( us desis may not be able to digest such roads in India as we don’t follow lane discipline ) 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, ksa171983 said:

When I was out there at around 90-120... I have seen bigger vehicles zoom past  me... we should have things like how Germany has.. there are expressways where there is no speed limit ( us desis may not be able to digest such roads in India as we don’t follow lane discipline ) 

I feel it is very much unfair to compare AUTOBAHN to India roads 😆 Speed limits are a must in India considering the population and all the senseless and irresponsible drivers and the infrastructure in the country.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

In my recent drive, i have seen many new hotels.

I'm planning to list down all the hotels on this route. 

• Like 3

Driven Hyderbad to Vijayawada last weekend.
Road condition is excellent (as usual).
Fast tag is working fine at all the toll booths.

No speed guns this time.

Food is excellent at Hotel 7, thought over priced.

Hotel: N-Grill Resto
A new hotel constructed between choutupall and Narketpalli, it is similar to Hotel 7.

Toll price : Hyderbad to Vijayawada: 295/-
Screenshot_20171115-101622_01.jpg.dcd6485c5a6842466fab6adeefc1a06d.jpg
No speed guns?

9 hours ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

No speed guns?

May be the time or day must have mattered to be lucky or unlucky in this case :P 

• Haha 1

I drive regularly on this road , never found any speed guns

Food Plaza is my favourite place for BreakFast , near Jaggayapet

Food Plaza
NH-65,, Jaggayyapet, Andhra Pradesh 521175
098483 67235
https://goo.gl/maps/BJdL6MTHYvj

Raju Gari Thota near Suryapet is also a nice place , but I feel it’s over priced

• Like 1

No speed guns?

Now Kesara Toll Charging 55/- one way , so that makes total 300/- for one side

Except for Kesara , you can pay rest of 3 tolls at a time
  • Like 1

Now Kesara Toll Charging 55/- one way , so that makes total 300/- for one side

Except for Kesara , you can pay rest of 3 tolls at a time
How the Fastag works incase if I return on the same route within 24hrs?
  • Like 2

How the Fastag works incase if I return on the same route within 24hrs?

Only the difference amount will be debited from your account , if you return with 24 hours
  • Like 3

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By mit1682
      #One Baleno#6 Souls#One destination#tones of memories#Bucket list tick#Gandikota Belum caves
      Trip planning started 6 months before and it kept on changing. Finally accommodation booked and trip scheduled on 24.Jan.2020.

Thanks to Ksk (Sathish) and Dishari for continuous guidance on route and stay.
      Car: Baleno ZETA CVT
      Members: 4 Adults and 2 kids
      Places visited: Gandikota & Belum caves. One can visit places like Owk reservoir, Yaganti temple, Orvakal
                     rock garden based on time availability.
      Route taken: Hyd-Kurnool-Nandyal-Gandikota-Belum caves-Banaganapali-Betamcherla-Kurnool-Hyd
      Road conditions:
                  - Hyd-Kurnool-Nandyal: Roads are good
                  -   Nandyal-Gandikota: Roads are good. 50 km before Gandikota roads are average to bad and
                     passes through villages.
      -  Gandikota-Belum caves-Banaganapali-Betamcherla-Kurnool : Roads are average and passes
      through villages. Once you touch NH40 then roads are good.
      - Kurnool-Hyd: Roads are good.
      - Route map provided for ref.

Distance traveled: ~ 800 KM
      Toll charges (Fastag): Rs. 650
      Petrol expanse: Rs. 3700
      Difficulties:
      Trip was awesome, except Aarav (my son) fall sick on day of trip with viral fever. But throughout trip he supported us with his smile. The complete success of trip goes to him.

At Gandikota you need to wear good shoes to walk on rocks along with comfortable cloths.
      Avoid it during summer & heavy rains.
      People with breathing and BP related issues should avoid Belum caves.
      Stay option at Gandikota:
      Option 1: Non AC tents
      Cost is Rs. 1000 per person with food on twin sharing basis.
      The only problem is during rainy season this will not be good. Also for common washroom, you need to travel 500 m.
      Option 2: AC tents
      Very costly around Rs. 3000 per person with food on twin sharing basis. Sometime even they charge Rs 3500. Tents without food charges will be Rs. 3000 on twin sharing basis.
      Need online booking via freakout.
      Washroom is attached to tent.
      Opion 3: AC rooms at Hariths resorts
      We found this good and reasonable. Per room cost is Rs 1600 from Mon-Wed and on Thur-Sun it will be Rs. 2000 (taxes extra).
      Rooms are good and 500 m away from site.
      Rooms being limited we need to book online via AP tourism website.
      Food options at Gandikota
      Only food option is Haritha resort (if you have not booked tents). We found food is average and can be manageable. We have carried electric cooker and prepared food by our self.
      Food options at Belum caves
      There is a small hotel available near to booking window. They serve cold drink, water and snacks.  We found food is average and can be manageable.

You can enjoy this trips in 2 days. I advise you to make it on weekdays as there will be less rush. For us it took 3 days as we are travelling with kids and we don’t want to drive in night and early mornings.
      Disclaimer: Not all of the photos are taken by me. Few are from my friends mobile.
      Photographic device:
      Poco f1
      Oneplus 7T
      Canon 1300D
      Xiomi note 6 pro
      Beauty of place you can derived from photos.

• By Ranger
      Go-Karting tracks in Hyderabad

1. Chicane Circuit (Leonia Shameerpet)

Length :
      1.2 kilometers (600 meters recreational : 1200 meters professional) 

Timings:
      Weekdays: 10 AM to 12 Midnight Weekends: 10 AM to 12 Midnight Monday Holiday  
      Pricing
      Baby Kart - 8 Laps INR 280/- Level 1 - 7 bhp - 12 Laps INR 370/- Level 1 - 7 bhp 10 mins INR 540/- Twin Kart - 7 Laps with Max of 5 Mins. INR 530/- Micro Max Kart INR 660/- Level 2 - 16 bhp 10 mins INR 1050/- Level 3 - Rotax (7 laps) INR 900/-  

• By RoadTrip
      Hyderabad - Mysuru - Coorg - Murudeshwara - Goa(Palolem) - Hyderabad

Total Distance Covered: 2097 KMS
      Vehicle: Nissan Micra 
      Fuel: Petrol
      Mileage: 23+ kmpl with 60% of A/C all the time(2 Adults and 1 kid).
      No. of Days: 7 Days
      From Dec 22nd to 28th 2019.
      Total Tolls: 1030/- [Through Fastag 960+ cash 70]
      Route expedition Via Google Maps
      ** SINGLE HAND DRIVING

Day 1:
      Route: Hyderabad(NH 44) - Bangalore- Mysuru.
      Total distance covered on day 1 :  729 KMS
      Total Time: 14 hours 27 min with 5 breaks.

Christmas holidays.... planned the trip and very well executed with the support of my spouse and kid.

Started at 3:30 Am on 22nd Dec from Hyderabad via NH 44.. It's a pleasure to drive through this route and it's my first-time visit to Bangalore. After entering into the Bangalore got confused with one of the exit at entered into the CV Raman road and got stuck in the traffic around 1 hour. Literally experienced the Bangalore traffic that too on SUNDAY

My only suggestion to newbie visiting Bangalore or traveling through Bangalore, please take some time to explore the map deeply or ask anyone to go in the right direction. 

Road condition from Bangalore to Mysuru(Via NH 275) is Good with a good number of Speed bumps. So have an eye on these speed breakers. 

Reached Mysuru at 5:00 PM and checked into the hotel [Reliable service apartments], booked via booking.com
      After refreshing, visited Brindavan Gardens(KSR) and had dinner at Hotel Chirag Food court Dabha while returning back to Hotel.

It was a long day by driving 729kms, but not challenging. Its a simple and straight road. 

Reliable service Apartments:

Brindavan Gardens:

Tiffin: Roadside hotel, As I had already crossed Kurnool in early hours.
      Lunch: Vattika vegetarian restaurant after crossing Bangalore on the way to Mysuru.

Day 2:
      Mysuru Palace - Coorg
      Total distance covered on Day 2: 112 km
      Stay: OYO Home Luxe 23010 Opulent Stay(HomeStay)

Checked out from hotel@9:30 AM, visited Mysuru Palace and started towards Coorg @12:45 PM via NH 275.  Road condition is good but not great, From Kushalnagar took SH 91 towards Dubare Elephant camp-Excellent location - easily one can spend around 2 to 3+ hours in the Kaveri river. Due to the Holiday season, the queue for the Elephant camp was very huge, so avoided it and had fun with the family in the river itself and also done the Still water river rafting in it.

In between, Mysuru roads were the cleanest and wide roads.

Still water River rafting - 200/person.
      Time: 30 to 45 min

Once we are done with the Elephant camp, started towards our stay at 6 pm which is in Coffee estate. As it was dark,  it was very difficult for us to find the homestay as there are no street lights and its a ghat road. 

Oyo 23010 opulent stay(Berry trails Homestay)
      \\\\

Suggestion- Make sure to reach your homestay/Hotel before 6 PM in Coorg especially if you have booked in coffee estates. .
       ** I have avoided to stay Madikeri, as I want a pleasant place to stay on so choose HOMESTAY  and it was an awesome stay for 2 days in between coffee estate and jungle.

Day 3:
      Coorg sightseeing
      Total distance: 83 km

Started at 10 AM from Homestay towards Madikeri, it's a ghat road and full of scenic views. It was a challenging road  
      Visited Raja Seat, Abbey falls and fort as well...while returning we took the NH 275 as my kid was little worried by seeing the ghat roads which we have traveled in the morning and took the long way via Kushalnagar. Had lunch at Fish curry Rice Hotel and it was 3 pm. We still had time to roam, so again visited the Elephant camp and spent 2hrs and then checked into the homestay by 7 pm.

Day 4 :
      Coorg – Mangalore – Murudeshwara – Goa(Palolem Beach)
      Total distance: 446 km

Planned to start at 5 AM but due to the darkness started at 7 AM from Homestay.
      Madikeri was full of due.. the visibility was very low.. slowly crossed Madikeri and started towards Mangalore road and in between the scenes of the mountains were awful while getting down through ghat road.

Stopped at Abhi falls – It's a small waterfall point but the scene opposite to the waterfalls was great, spent around 30min by viewing at mountains with some clicks.

Pics

Moved towards Mangalore road.. Its a 2 lane road but the road condition was too good until we reach near to Mangalore.
      Halted for tiffin @ Hotel New kamadhenu at Kodankeri place. I rate it 4/5.

** Before entering into the Mangalore we have crossed 2 toll plazas on NH 73.

Time was running out due to the highway traffic on NH 66, decided not to halt until murudeshwar temple. Did the same and reached murudheshwar temple by 3 pm.
      Temple location, shiva Idol .. beach all were awesome… As there was no time for us to stay, we shortened our stay and moved towards Goa at 4 pm. From murudeshwar the road condition is Average, due to the heavy vehicle traffic avg speed was between 50 to 60 on NH 66 and most of the road is under construction.

Finally entered Goa after 3 hours drive from murudeshwar, our tiredness got vanished by seeing the see view's
      Not a single toll we encountered on NH 66 after crossing Mangalore until Palolem.

Checked into the hotel @7:11 PM at Palolem.
      Hotel Name: Bay leaf resorts.
      We got refreshed in 15 min and moved towards beach. My kid and wife were very excited by seeing the environment over there. We roamed around Palolem beach for a while and had some roadside snacks.
      Dinner @ Baba's Little Italy restaurant.
      Reached room by 1:15 AM after having a nice relaxing time on the beach shack.

Day 5:
      Palolem Siteseeing.

Our day started a little earlier, by 6 AM we were on the beach and had some fun playing around.
      @9am booked a boat for 2000 rs, visited Monkey island, butterfly beach, honeymoon beach and also saw a lot of Dolphins

As it was Amavasya, the water level on the Honeymoon beach was very high and boats were unable to drop us over there.  

**My suggestion to one is to have a pocket full of cash if you are in goa.
      In Goa, most of the ATMs either won't be working or no Cash boards. I had to wait in queue for an hour as there was only one ATM which was working.

In the evening, we had visited the Omellete center which is located exactly at the main entrance of the Palolem beach. He has a wide variety of egg dishes and its fantastic. Must visit the place. (Added the stall Pic)

After a beautiful sunset, we moved on to one of the beach shack and had a great dinner. We spent the time until midnight on the beach shore and moved to the room.

Day 6:
      Palolem – Hubli - Raichur
      Total Distance: 483 KMS
      Total Time: 10 hrs 43 min

We decided to start our day a little earlier and moved on to the beach.. We experienced the beautiful sunrise and played around.

Started @10 AM from Palolem... As we all know petrol is cheaper compared to that of other places in India. Filled the petrol to Full Tank and checked the Air pressure as well, as it would be a long drive.

As I was in south Goa and few locals also suggested me take the route of Raichur rather than going through choral ghats from north GOA.
      But, I can say it was a smooth drive until I have reached KADANKOPPA but after that its a Hell of the drive. The road is under construction a lot of diversions and road is not at all good.
      Reached Raichur by 9:50 PM, decided to halt there for a night and did the same. As I was not in a condition to drive more as it was 4 more hours for Hyderabad but due to the road condition decided not to drive more.

**Please do avoid this Hubli-Raichur road.

Day 7:
      Raichur – Hyderabad
      Total Distance: 207 KMS
      Total Time: 4 hrs 6 min

Started at 5 AM from Raichur and road condition is very bad until you reach NH 44.

Reached Home by 10:05 AM.

Completed the Road-trip with full satisfaction and with lots of memories.

Thank you to all the members in the INDIA-DRIVE forum for your valuable tips/suggestions which helped me to get this trip successful 
    • By tanikellarama
      Car : Ford Freestyle Titanium, Petrol 1.2
      No. of people – 2 (young couple, both can drive)
      Avg Mileage – 15kmpl
      Travel time : 15hrs
      Google Maps set for route: Miyapur –> Zaheerabad –> Hunmabad –> Gulbarga –> Bagalkot –> Belgaum –> Chorla Ghat –> Goa (Candolim)

We got our car washed and fuelled a day before we began our long road trip across South West Coast about which I'll be sharing the details in my upcoming blog .
      We started as planned from Miyapur (NH65) at 4:30 am, to beat the sorry morning traffic of Hyderabad and to catch a glimpse of rising sun.  We were not disappointed as we hit outer highway of Patancheru, we felt like we were gliding in clouds as it was filled with fog and mist. 

When we reached Zaheerabad around 6:00 AM after crossing the 1st Toll at Kamkole (Rs.90/- Toll charges), we decided to take a quick break as the rising sun just engulfed us with its beautiful rays and colors.

Since we were not particular about food (not being foodies) energy bars were enough to fuel us on the go as breakfast saving us ample time towards our destination.
      The 4-lane roads till Zaheerabad was very smooth. (Travelers remember to stay on NH65, else you will be traversing inside the Zaheerabad city and may be wasting precious time.) We continued straight on the highway and entered the Karnataka border in 15 mins.
      As we entered Karnataka we were welcomed by patchy roads and speed breakers.  My husband gave a humors comment: “Welcome to the world of Speed breakers!”

After the 2nd Toll at Mangalgi (Rs.85/- toll charges) we accelerated towards Hunmabad as the roads were smooth. An engrossing conversation made us forget to take left towards Gulbarga and drifted to Mumbai Highway bridge. A sweet voice, by Ford Navigation pre-loaded offline maps, soon alerted us to take a U-turn after a kilometer while Google maps adjusted its route via Basavakalyan. We thanked and appreciated Ford’s invention and took U-turn followed by a right turn underneath the bridge. We continued our journey towards Gulbarga shifting our gears from NH65 to NH50.

We progressed to drive on NH50 and realized the time was around 8am when we saw a field of Sunflowers pointing at the sun among endless fields of sugarcane and cotton plantation. As there were no good hotels to stop for a tea break we moved on and reached Gulbarga in an hour. Since we had a long way to go, we didn’t want to get inside the city and hence took the ring road approaching towards Vijayapura.

During a long journey towards Vijayapura so many windmills across the road welcomed us. We took the advantage of the car's off-roading skills and went closer to the windmills through a field.

From the lessons learnt in the morning we ensured to shift from NH50 to NH52 by taking a left turn near Vijayapura.
      Nearly about an hour after crossing Vijayapura we were amazed to drive on Uttar Karnataka’s longest bridge built on the river Krishna situated in Kolhar.

Since we got our lunch packed from home, we took a 15min break near Bagalkot. We resumed our journey at 1pm and reached Belgaum by 3:30pm where we refuelled our car (2nd full tank).
      As we wanted to drive the Chorla Ghat before Sunset we continued without further breaks. Ghat roads initially were smooth but turned out to be patchy nearing Goa. The sky dusked as we entered Goa and travelled through the dark, narrow and silent lanes of Poriem, Bicholem and Paliem. Travelling through the busy roads of Calangute we reached our destination, Candolim, by 7:30pm.
      Glimpse of Ghat road

We stayed in recently constructed property in a peaceful locality of Pintos Vaddo street in Candolim.
      Property details: Sonika’s Leisure. A decent hotel with in-house bar & restaurant, swimming pool and AC rooms with attached balcony and excellent Wifi connectivity. Rooms were very neat with sparkling clean bathrooms. Great hospitality and yummy food.

• Our picks