India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

sagar

Hyderabad to Munnar, Allappuzha, Wayanad and Goa. 8 Days, 7 States, 4000 kms. Road trip

Nice travelogue. However, it would have been great if you have covered Thekkady and Kumarakom aswell..

• Like 1

Such wonderful photos. Munnar has been a dream unrealized and your travelogue once again stirs the travel hornet.. Thanks a lot for sharing .. I would like to suggest you Wayanadu, Nelliyampathi and Parambikkulam national park for your next trip to Kerala.. :)

• Like 2

Hi Frnds,

I am planning for a trip to Munnar from Hyderabad with my friends on 26th of this month. I require some help on choosing the Best Hotel in Munnar and the best route to Travel. A decent hotel around 2500 INR will be a good choice.. TIA :)

• Like 1

Hi Vivek, Hyderabad - Kurnool - Anantapur - Bangalore - Salem - Coimbatore - Munnar is that best route you can take to reach Munnar by road with a night halt at Bangalore.. and i can suggest you the OYO rooms to rent for stay at Munnar as they have really good stays in almost all the regions around Munnar at prices around 2000 - 2500 INR..

• Like 2

It depends on, when you are planning to do the trip? December is going be crowded for sure. We were a group of 4 guys, It is very easy to get a room. Now-a-days most of the hotels stopped renting rooms to solo travellers due to suicide issues.

Bangalore : we booked OYO room, costed us 2k for 1 night.
Munnar: We got a room for 2k (4 people per room, peak season, december)
Allappuzha : We enquired a beach side home stay, owner said no to bachelors.:angry: We decided to explore the beach for some time and then head back to town for commercial hotels. Luckily we met a foreigner at the beach, He was staying in the same home stay for almost a month. We discussed a lot about travelling in India. He asked us to wait at the beach, He spoke to the owner and convinced him to give us a room. Room costed us around 800/- for one night. It is not luxurious but it is very neat with beautiful view.
Wayanad : we stayed at friends guest house.
Goa: We all know it is very easy to get a room.:P

• Like 2

Thanks drive king for the information. Good that i came to know that OYO will give room to unmarried couples? how safe is it?

I'm planning this weekend. Its a sudden plan and i'm kind of worried about rooms as we are bachelors...

• Like 1

Thanks drive king for the information. Good that i came to know that OYO will give room to unmarried couples? how safe is it?

I'm planning this weekend. Its a sudden plan and i'm kind of worried about rooms as we are bachelors...

OYO is easy for bachelors, no restrictions and rates are reasonable too.

Book them as early as possible.

• Like 1

Thanks drive king for the information. Good that i came to know that OYO will give room to unmarried couples? how safe is it? I'm planning this weekend. Its a sudden plan and i'm kind of worried about rooms as we are bachelors...

No restrictions for OYO rooms, they prefer bachelors than couples. I would suggest you to look at Airbnb too. I have been using only Airbnb (no restrictions) for all my road trips. Airbnb is location at beautiful locations, OYO is mostly located at commercial locations.

• Like 1

Rahul: Hi all..
Rahul: I'm planning for a trip to Kerala...
Rahul: Please help me out with self driven cars and best places to hang out.

Hello Rahul,

Self-Drive:

Only zoom car is available at Kochi.
You try out some local vendors, but I am not sure about the authenticity. 

Must visit places in Kerala:
1. Munnar
2. Athirapally waterfalls
3. Kerala back waters (
Allappuzha  )
4. Muzhappilangad (kannur) Drive-in Beach (We missed this due to lack of time)

Kerala 4/5 day plan to explore must visit places:

Day-1

• Drive from Kochi to Munnar.

Day-2

• Explore Munnar

Day-3

• Drive from Munnar to Allapuzza
  • You will get a 2 hour ride in normal boats, I would suggest you to avoid boat stay, unless you are going on a leisure trip with family.
  • Stay in Allapuzza, beautiful beach view resorts are available.

Day-4

• Drive from Allapuzza to Athiripally waterfalls. You will come across one of the best roads in Kerala, narrow roads through forests, but are super smooth.
  • If time permits drive from Athiripally to Kannur beach drive-in.
  • Beach resorts available at Kannur.

Day-5

• Drive back to Kochi.

Vivekananda reddy shared the following pictures of kannur.

IMG-20161021-WA0020-02.jpeg

IMG-20161021-WA0014-01.jpeg

IMG-20161021-WA0011-01.jpeg

IMG-20161021-WA0013-01.jpeg

IMG-20161021-WA0012-01.jpeg

IMG-20161021-WA0011-01.jpeg

IMG-20161021-WA0015-01.jpeg

• Like 4

Awesome pictures and review@sagar.
This is an ultimate guide for those visit Kerala and Goa. Liked the pictures, mostly your car during sunset. The colours are just an eye feast.
And you haven't stayed in the house boats?

• Like 3

@Krish Thanks a lot bro.. We did take the boat in Allepy but the seasonal crowd seemed so much overhauled and as we were looking for a place to chill around in peace, we took a day boat ride from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m on the Allapuzha back waters and moved towards the Marari beach house.

• Like 3

@sagar : man.. This is pure awesome.. So damn beautiful pics.. Reminded our trip to Munnar-Thekady last year.. Keep it up buddy..

• Like 2

Guest SUBRAHMANYAM

Very nice article, Can someone say how much cost incurred per head? In such a trio?

On 9/23/2017 at 10:39 AM, Guest SUBRAHMANYAM said:

Very nice article, Can someone say how much cost incurred per head? In such a trio?

Would cost around 15~20k, depending on the car you drive and the hotels you book.

• Like 2

all the itineraries posted in this entire post .. wonderful .. amazing pics all over .. God's own country .. indeed mesmerizing.. 

Edited by ksa171983
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, ksa171983 said:

super useful for me :)

So glad to hear it helps.. Please Don’t hesitate to let us know if you have got any queries about anything. Would be more than happy to help you with the best 🙃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sagar said:

So glad to hear it helps.. Please Don’t hesitate to let us know if you have got any queries about anything. Would be more than happy to help you with the best 🙃

You do a trip so long and so exciting ... that itself is an adventure. Let me know when you plan next for such long trips if ok .... will try to make myself available...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ksa171983 said:

You do a trip so long and so exciting ... that itself is an adventure. Let me know when you plan next for such long trips if ok .... will try to make myself available...

Will definitely keep that in mind and let you know if any plan so long would be ON this year!

• Like 3

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By JustExisting
      Guys,

We are planning a road trip(swift car) from Hyderabad to Goa in September 1st week. This is our first time so any suggestions on present routes and road conditions and things in Goa are highly appreciated.
      Any recent updates from fellow travellers after the heavy rains in Karnataka ?

Not in a mood to postpone the plan 😁
      Thanks for your time!👏
    • By Shekar
      I did not travelled for three months and the traveller in side me is thirsty.
      Few plans to West Maharastra and Goa with friends did not materialised.

I had also planned a trip to Chitrakote falls with family friends but they were afraid of travelling in Chattisgarh.
      It was late night of 27th July, 2018 Friday and I was desperate to go to some place.
      I asked my wife and son Shall we go to Chitrakote Waterfalls? They said yes.

Rough route plan was with me. No bookings for night stay made. 

Got up early on 28-07-2018 Saturday and started from Home by 5.30 AM and reached Warangal by 7.30 AM.

I know the route up to Eturunagaram before Bhogatha and I know very well that once we cross Warangal,
      it is difficult to get any food. So we had Breakfast at Hotel Ashoka, Hanmakonda, once my favorite. Entered in to Mulugu road (from here entire roads are 2 lane) by 8.30 AM. 

Our original thought was to come back in the same route from Chitrakote but it proved wrong.
      Initially we thought of seeing Bhogatha falls in return journey so as to reach Chitrakote early.
      By 10.30 we were at Bhogatha Falls cross road and its only 1 Km from there. We thought lets have a look without wasting much time.

It proved to be good decision. 

• Our picks