India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

8 hours ago, hsudhir said:

How's your black horse doing

Reminding all of us who drove with it the sad memories! I am sure @Saran too :( However, we are waiting to see what will be his next drive!! :):) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

Few zones on ORR however allow about 105

Now how do we figure out while driving if it is 105 or 100 when we need to concentrate on the road and the luxury cars speeding who don’t care about the fines ... 

i have seen hoardings put up during one of the drives about 100kmph near  adibhatla but later those hoardings were removed ... 🤪

• Like 3

Now how do we figure out while driving if it is 105 or 100 when we need to concentrate on the road and the luxury cars speeding who don’t care about the fines ... 
i have seen hoardings put up during one of the drives about 100kmph near  adibhatla but later those hoardings were removed ... 🤪
True, only way to save ourself is not to get tempted for that extra 5 kmph and keep our cars under 100 kmph and drive along the Second lane :-)
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, ksa171983 said:

image.png.f538647ff77a29322484423dc7332509.png

What too my notice is the design speed.. It says 120..but approved speed is still 100?

It initially was 120 Kmph, but the frequent accidents due to over speeding has resulted in reducing it further to 100 Kmph with strict monitoring by the cops since then. It is quite sad to have it 100 Kmph on this kind of road but, there has been quite a bit of difference in the number of accidents being reported before and after. Also, I have noticed the road discipline (lane system) got better by time which I am very glad of.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sagar said:

Also, I have noticed the road discipline (lane system) got better by time which I am very glad of.

Road discipline is something the next generation of India will abide to not the current one ... stricter laws, monitoring , individual accountability 🤘🏼

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ksa171983 said:

Road discipline is something the next generation of India will abide to not the current one ... stricter laws, monitoring , individual accountability 🤘🏼

True, It can happen only when the law gets stricter by day and awareness is one main criteria. Those cabs which rarely follow up basic rules in the city limits are observed to be following the rules on the ORR. I feel, that the fine is the only thing that's forcing them to follow the rule. Not at all by the thought in one's mind that they have realised that it's for the self safety.

• Like 3

Update on ORR: Seems toll plazas of ORR is not accepting paytm anymore. Tried in Airport exit, Patancheru exit etc. Upon asking they informed, contract of running those plazas have been renewed and the new fellow doesn't want payment in Paytm

So folks, carry cash!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Update on ORR: Seems toll plazas of ORR is not accepting paytm anymore. Tried in Airport exit, Patancheru exit etc. Upon asking they informed, contract of running those plazas have been renewed and the new fellow doesn't want payment in Paytm
So folks, carry cash!

This is like taking couple of steps back ..
Btw they do accept cards right ? I have never tried it though.
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, ksa171983 said:

Btw they do accept cards right ?

Yes, they do! not sure about changes with this renewal of vendor though! I do not think they can decline cards and ask only for Cash! It will be an issue with hundreds of complaints!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

During the time of Demonetization, when the cash in the ATMs was less available, Paytm was extensively encouraged at the tolls all over India. Later on when it got better, many of the tolls gates in India started denying the online payments and asked for only cash... Things have now have become unusual. Can't predict who takes cash or who accepts digital money.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sagar said:

During the time of Demonetization, when the cash in the ATMs was less available, Paytm was extensively encouraged at the tolls all over India. Later on when it got better, many of the tolls gates in India started denying the online payments and asked for only cash... Things have now have become unusual. Can't predict who takes cash or who accepts digital money.

This is what I truly about our country ... so flexible always 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Pralay said:

So folks, carry cash!

Very sad, we are going backwards in all means.

21 hours ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

Yes, they do! not sure about changes with this renewal of vendor though!

i think they will have some alternative to cash.

20 hours ago, sagar said:

Things have now have become unusual.

Gachibowli exit is a mess during long weekends. 

Government should step up and implement some service like (fast-tag) on Hyderabad ORR.

13 hours ago, ksa171983 said:

so flexible always 

Agree on it. 

• Like 1

How to improve cashless method:

Imagine if we have 10 exits

1. Only two cash toll booths.
  2. Two Paytm/card toll booths.
  3. Six should be something similar to fast-tag. 

If the lines are high in the cash booths, people will automatically buy a fast-tag.

We are wasting so much time/money/resources.

Implementing the fast-tag will make the transaction genuine(white)

Toll operators don't like this.  😎

Even fast-tag lanes on national highways are less.
Most of the places it will only one lane, which wont work properly. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RajG said:

Toll operators don't like this

Interesting! How can they take the cash and do not show it? They will be giving receipts / Toll slips for each transaction, is it? One should be easily able to pull out the entire day's collections? 🤔

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

Interesting! How can they take the cash and do not show it?

In any business people prefer cash over an electronic transaction. 

Electronic transaction cannot be altered and will leave a trail. 

Toll bills can be altered! 

• Like 2

In a country like India, automated tolls are must.

The amount of traffic and congestion we have.. it doesn't make sense to wait on those long ques. 

If all other countries are able to do it. 

Unless there is some drawback, I don't see a reason for not implementing the tag service. 

• Like 2

On Hyderabad ORR they started giving E-Card, instead of token.
Any information about this update? 

IMG-20180820-WA0032.jpg

Hyderabad ORR + Monsoon perfect combo.

A quick drive on ORR

IMG-20180820-WA0031-01.jpeg

During long weekends avoid Gachibowli exit.

Better to take exit before Gachibowli or at Financial district. 

Last Sunday it took me 30 mins to cross the toll.

• Like 2

On Hyderabad ORR they started giving E-Card, instead of token.
Any information about this update? 
IMG-20180820-WA0032.jpg.5d730024b53d7b9c74792f8eb216b16a.jpg

Hyderabad ORR + Monsoon perfect combo.
A quick drive on ORR
IMG-20180820-WA0031-01.jpeg.34c59046ff7840368f0d0c057d7508c6.jpeg

During long weekends avoid Gachibowli exit.
Better to take exit before Gachibowli or at Financial district. 
Last Sunday it took me 30 mins to cross the toll.

I always take exit at financial district on Sunday evenings. U can exit in 2 mins..
  • Like 1

Hi guys, 

I have come across this new ORR beyond Hyderabad connecting all majors cities or districts in Telangana.. Any insights on this? 

9F8E8A53-A891-429D-9B24-66A8375996E5.jpeg.3ccb360f2317a96bcb9f2368222e64c5.jpeg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, hsudhir said:

Hi guys, 

I have come across this new ORR beyond Hyderabad connecting all majors cities or districts in Telangana.. Any insights on this? 

9F8E8A53-A891-429D-9B24-66A8375996E5.jpeg.3ccb360f2317a96bcb9f2368222e64c5.jpeg

The above is the new Regional Ring Road plan by the  Telangana Government. This project of ~300 kms long connects most of the major towns and districts in the state and is yet to start. Even the expected timeline for completion of this project isn't announced yet :) 

• Like 2