India-Drive

Hyderabad ORR update:

Hyderabad: Municipal Administration and Urban Development Minister KT Rama Rao is likely to inaugurate the entire 158.6 km Outer Ring Road (ORR) on April 24, said Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA) Commissioner T Chiranjeevulu.

source : Telangana new

Finally it is opening :)

If we do one full round and exit at the same gate. 
We will be charged zero? :D

• Like 4

14 hours ago, shiva said:

We will be charged zero?:D

That is a valid question.

Even I have this doubt in my mind.

Once the road is opened.

I will do a complete circle and will update you.

Nowadays, Hyderabad ORR is too boring to drive.

May be we can do it early in the morning.

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:11 AM, shiva said:

:)

I haven't understood the logic behind this..? How will we be charged zero :D

• Like 4

Earlier this month maximum speed limits on expressways are increased up to 120km/hr across the country.

Since Hyderabad ORR falls under expressway category, many commuters expected a bump in speed limit.

Even after notification has been issued by the union government, Telangana government decided not to increase the speed limit keeping insight to control fatal accidents on the Hyderabad ORR.

• Like 3

Update by Parag:

Trust me I loved this and here is why :
Only recently on my way to Nagpur & back from Bangalore, as part of my route, I had to drive ~68 Kms on this Outer Ring road to get onto the other side. My earlier drives on this was only at night when the limit was 120 KMPH If I recollect.

So this post is to share the heartwarming experience of driving on Hyderabad’s Outer Ring Road where almost all the cars indeed drove strictly with an upper limit of 100 KMPH all the times.

If I ignore the blatant disregard for lane discipline part or even the way the same drivers exhibited extreme discomfort by cutting queues at the exit toll, the whole experience of driving under the limits felt extremely safe if I instantly compare this to the way cars are driven on Bangalore’s NICE Road or Mumbai Pune Expressway at breakneck speeds!

During my onward journey, I passed this at noon when there was not much of Private traffic but during return, it was a Friday evening and I could notice many cars joining the ORR from various entry points connecting to the IT Hubs (Financial District, Gachibowli etc). Each of the drivers knew what it meant to cross the limit of 100 and hence none of them even dared to cross this.

I can easily recollect an MH Registered Force 1 SUV and another MH registered Swift that overtook me at quite good speeds during onward journey.

However, both of these looked like passing by cars as I could notice the luggage loaded to brim and may be they were not aware of the fact that how stringently the speed limit has been implemented here.

During my return, an Innova Taxi joined me at Medchal and was always seen either beside me around me all the way till he took the Airport Exit while I exited for Bangalore. 

Without physical presence, with systematic policing via speed cameras and a portal where you check for over-speeding and pay fines which are indeed on the higher side depending on the speeds that you – All it took for Hyderabad Traffic Police to win the game without much ado! Kudos to you and this is the post to appreciate your implementation first and the fear of law from the car drivers later!

Goes to show how effective implementation can really bring down the accident rates and make people follow rules; The need of the hour for the entire country.

With everyone driving under limits, the fear of getting involved in an incident was near zero.

• Like 5

Very well said.
I used to crib a lot about speed limit.
But as the age is catching up, safety became a very important point. 

Remember the poor Honda Jazz owner who paid around 1.8 lakhs fine on Hyderabad ORR?
He crossed speed limit around 127 times, poor chap.
Is it lack of information or negligence?

Speed guns on Hyderabad ORR are capturing around 5000 vehicles per day. 
So it turns out they are earning around 20 lakhs per day 😲
Increase numbers is due to increase in speed guns. 

• Like 4

Interesting stuff and the accidents part mentioned is so true .

there are many reckless drivers I keep bumping into on ORR

• Like 4

On 4/14/2018 at 8:41 PM, shiva said:

Haha you are doing 160 kilometres for fun and worried about toll.
So the full ORR circle is completed? 

• Like 3

On 6/4/2018 at 10:38 AM, varunc said:

So the full ORR circle is completed? 

I took Shamirpet to Uppal route, it is open.

If i am not wrong only this section is pending? 

• Like 2

Did anyone do one full circle?

I'm planning to do it on some weekend.

It will be fun to record a time-lapse of the entire 160 kilometres.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Ranger said:

Did anyone do one full circle?

I'm planning to do it on some weekend.

It will be fun to record a time-lapse of the entire 160 kilometres.  

if I'm not wrong, it must be more than 200kms if the circle is closed. i have done many drives in ORR covering all stretches except that 1 cut piece. it has come more than 190kms. I heard that the completion of ORR will have 220 kms.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Saran said:

if I'm not wrong, it must be more than 200kms if the circle is closed. i have done many drives in ORR covering all stretches except that 1 cut piece. it has come more than 190kms. I heard that the completion of ORR will have 220 kms.

Yeah we know about your ORR runs. 😀

Previously there are some diversions. That is the reason for increase in kilometres.

Now after they joined all the parts it came to around 160 kilometres.

Anyway, i will do the full circle and will update you. 

• Like 4

According to the ORR website, it is around 160 kilometres.

Any update on fast-tag implementation or something similar on ORR. 

• Like 4

ORR updates:

“Public are requested to not to allow their cattle to come on to the ORR and strict action will be taken against the owners. Vehicle drivers are advised to raise alerts about such stray cattle on ORR and inform the police over WhatsApp ( 9490617444) or phone (8500411111) and also through Facebook and Twitter handles.”

So if anyone find any cattle on Hyderabad ORR you can whatsApp to the above number. 

Police will book a case against the cattle owner. 

Pricing of the ORR toll fee increased to 1.65/km for cars.

So a full circle would cost around 265/-

Full Hyderabad ORR circle :
Kilometres: 160 kms

Petrol/ltr : 80/-

Average mileage : 15kmpl

160/15=10.6 litres of fuel

Total fuel for full ORR circle 10.6x80=854/-

Total price for ORR trip is 265+854=1119/-

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Saran said:

Bro, Where have you disappeared. Haven't been seeing your updates here lately.. Your pictures were stunning. How's your black horse doing @Saran 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, uday said:

Any update on fast-tag implementation or something similar on ORR.

One month ago when i inquired about this they mentioned this ORR would not have fast-tag anytime soon considering the  only two lanes available at most of the exits and implementing that would not probably make much sense.. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ksa171983 said:

design speed.. It says 120..but approved speed is still 100?

Exactly! Design speed is average speed that can be permitted on ORR which is 120 kmph against the current approved speed limit of 100 kmph! Few zones on ORR however allow about 105 kmph according to the Challan pictures taken and shared. But there is no Instructions / Speed Limit boards over 100 kmph anywhere on the ORR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1