India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Spiti Valley to Rohtang pass .. excuse me for the quality as it was a mobile click
IMG_20161020_205500.jpg

Dying to go to spiti..!!!
  • Like 5

Dying to go to spiti..!!!

Do choose only fortuner if at all you go there.. Reliability at its best.. any other would definitely get you knocked down
  • Like 4

Pocharam is still in my bucket list.. its not Pocharam.. :)

@sagar

@gowtham

you are absolutely correct..!! :)Its Kotepally or nagasamudram near Ananthgiri hills, Vikarabad. :)

• Like 4

Good one @Pralay .. I've been planning to do Sikkim for the past 3 years and have always failed. I'm hoping to it atleast this year. Please do share you travel story and itinerary :)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Pralay said:

Near Ravangla, Sikkim

Nice shot.
How is the climate in May?

1 hour ago, sagar said:

I'm hoping to it atleast this year.

We need to take 10 days off to explore the most of it.

• Like 1

Thank you @sagar, will surely share my story.

Better plan in April to May 1st week. Because eastern Himalaya receives early monsoon sometimes. On that case you may not access north Sikkim. However If you have no plan to visit north Sikkim then you can go. There are lot many things in other parts of Sikkim.

Another option to go to Sikkim is in Oct Mid-Nov Mid. post monsoon it looks fabulous..!! 

27 minutes ago, gowtham said:

Nice shot.
How is the climate in May?

We need to take 10 days off to explore the most of it.

We had been during the second half of May 2016. Our bad luck, just before the week we visited, heavy rain destroyed the connecting bridge b/w north Sikkim & Gnagtok. So we went to other parts of Sikkim. Though weather was good when we visited there(you can see from the snap) but that bridge was not ready then. We planned to visit Gurudongmar Lake, Youmthang Valley. Lachen, Lachung.(All are in North sikkim), which is at around 17.8K ft & its a dream to be there at Gurudongmar. And we were more upset when heard that Gurudongmar Shined in full moon light like never before just a week back before we visited. But our heart filled up with joy when i saw teh mighty kanchunjanga.. and other parts of the Sikkim.!! 

• Like 3

7adaae65b5deecce20dce20d0a749457.jpg

Car : Maruti Suzuki Swift

Model : 1.3L petrol 2007 make

• Like 6

Wow very neatly maintained Swift.

10 years and still looks as good as a new one.

Swift will always be a special car for Indians.

• Like 4

Thanks mate! It was hardly used in the initial years.
It clocked 50k when I sold it in December

• Like 3

5df2634d2a3be022afe8e059ca520132.jpg
Farms at Atmakur village with Nallamalla hills in the back.
On my way to Nallamalla jungle camps.

Miles to go before I sleep

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Krish said:

On my way to Nallamalla jungle camps.

Nice capture, waiting for the full travel story!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ranger said:

Nice capture, waiting for the full travel story!

Will post it with my best pictures soon. That's why bit late.

Thank you for the picture comment

Miles to go before I sleep

• Like 3

#DalLake is very integral part of tourism of Kashmir. Dal lake is misnomer as "Dal" in kashmiri means lake. We found the ecosystem of Dal lake is ecologically very very rich & house to beautiful floras & faunas. Misty peaks of #Pirpanjal mountains are also seen in the background. We were headed towards #Leh, so took a night halt here. 

I Watch out this space for more travel stories of our recent trip to Ladakh!! I

0810-2017-0732255036339339207.jpeg.c03dad1368706a9a5ecbcabbc9da83cb.jpeg

• Like 3

As we were taking an evening stroll along the famous Dal Lake, we spotted a vast sheet of water reflecting the carved wooden balconies of the houseboats. We spoke to some locals & got to know that, some of the houseboats there were built in the early 1900s, and are still being rented out to tourists & travellers!!

I  Watch out this space for more travel stories of our recent Ladakh trip!!  I

0810-2017-0733255037177574103.jpeg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, kkkumar said:

chembra peak, wayanad

Can you provide more details on how to reach the peak.
I heard there is some permission required for the trek.

Difficulty of the trek?
How many kilometers one need to trek?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ranger said:

Can you provide more details on how to reach the peak.
I heard there is some permission required for the trek.

Difficulty of the trek?
How many kilometers one need to trek?

Hi,

We have done this trip last year and we make sure to cover Chembra peak, so we booked holiday home near to the location (maymorn holiday home) approximately 15 km to Chembra peak.

We have started our journey around 7 AM form the room to peak in our own vehicle(Scorpio), but in the middle we find a taxi stand and they suggest us not to take the vehicle upfront because of the road condition. so we hired a commander jeep from there for 700/- and after seeing the road condition we thought that we made good decision.

Permission is not a big deal. just we need to give our head count and contact details.They will charge 500/- and send one guide with you for the trek and he will guide us the route. (Need to pay extra for Camera)

we can not carry any plastic to the location. if we are carrying any water bottle we need to pay 100 for each and they will give it back when you come with same count of empty bottle. 

Total trek will be approximately 4 km in the middle it will be bit difficult as it was raining and slippery. 

I am sure that you will forget all the difficulties you faced once you reach the top.

IMG_0560.JPG

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

• Like 4