India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

bagchi14

Kolkata to Hyderabad road condition

I want to drive alone from Kolkata to Hyderabad in Maruti Swift Dzire. I am 71 years old. I need to know whereabouts of the tire leakage repairing shops along the road from Kolkata to Hyderabad. I drove to Bhubaneswar and the front right tire punctured. I had to drive around 10 kilometers near Baleswar to repair it.  Can anybody help? What essential things that I should carry?

Edited by bagchi14
mistakes
  • Like 3

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 1:30 PM, bagchi14 said:

I want to drive alone from Kolkata to Hyderabad in Maruti Swift Dzire. I am 71 years old. I need to know whereabouts of the tire leakage repairing shops along the road from Kolkata to Hyderabad. I drove to Bhubaneswar and the front right tire punctured. I had to drive around 10 kilometers near Baleswar to repair it.  Can anybody help? What essential things that I should carry?

Hi @bagchi14,

I am sharing a very recent update of Mr. @Sekhar who had done this route. I hope this information would help you better on the recent road status of this route.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sagar said:

Hi @bagchi14,

I am sharing a very recent update of Mr. @Sekhar who had done this route. I hope this information would help you better on the recent road status of this route.

Thanks for the information. I looking for information on tire repairing stops along the road from Kolkata to Hyderabad. I had a horrible experience for repairing the tires. I did not find the repair shops for a long stretch of road.  Can anybody help me in this regard. What about crossing the state borders, is there any problem on road tax for Odisha & AP. I heard that people were forced to pay road tax of the state during transit. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the information. I am particularly interested on some information for the tire repair shops along the Kolkata Hyderabad route. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, bagchi14 said:

I had a horrible experience for repairing the tires.

Did Hyderabad to Kolkata, never faced any issues with tyres. 

If you are concerned about tyres, I would suggest you to buy an electric air pump.
It will cost you around 2k, but it will be very helpful in tricky situations. 

It is difficult to plot all the tyre shops on the highway.
It is a busy highway, I think finding a tyre shop is not an uphill task. 

• Like 2

Getting a tyre shop wont be a problem.....only issue is these shops generally cater to trucks so they use brute force to dismantle the tyre so I would suggest you stay in close proximity and keep a hawk's eye on how the chap is treating your tyre and rim.

Cheers

• Like 1

I had come to Kolkata from Pune via Hyderabad-Vizaq-Vishakapatnam and had given a detailed report on the route. 

My return from Kolkata to Pune which I just completed was via the shorter route and here are the details.

TOTAL ROUTE:

Kolkata-Cuttak-Sambalpur-Nagpur-Amravati-Jalna-Aurangabad-Pune

Started on 2nd Feb and reached Pune on 4th with night halts at Sambalpur and Amravati.

Road Conditions:

1) Kolkata to Cuttack on NH16-Road conditions GOOD but a lot of traffic. Road is 4 lane and average time was above 50 kmph including halts. However be warned that 6 lane construction is happening in the Orissa section and there are diversions. In the West Bengal section you have these barricades put up where you have to snake around so you are forced to reduce speed.

2) Cuttack -to Sambalpur NH 55: Road condition is BAD BAD. The entire stretch is being made into 4 lane and average speed will drop down to less than 30 kmph including halts.

3) Sambalpur to Amravati: NH 53: Road condition GOOD but lot of traffic.  The delay happens in crossing Raipur -Bhillai -Durg section and kills your speed. Average speed around 50 kmph including halts.

4) Amravati to Jalna: State highway. Road Condition BAD BAD however it improves after MEHKAR. Average speed is below 25kmph including halts.

5) Jalna to Pune via Aurangabad State Highway but 4 lane but a lot of traffic.Road Condition is Average and the average speed would be around 40 kmph including halts.

Our next drive would be to uttarkhand via Sagar and Jabalpur Konarak and the forests of MP hopefully...cheers!

Edited by Sekhar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2020 at 12:55 PM, Sekhar said:

shorter route and here are the details.

Very helpful information, Thank you for sharing. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Santa86
      Trip Query: Hyderabad to Kolkata Road Trip (Hyd - Vizag - Bhubaneswar - Kolkata) , travelling on 21-Dec-19 Accommodation recommendations: Looking for accommodation in Vizag and BBSR (night halts). Highway food joint recommendations: Any suggestions on lunch point between the following: Hyderabad to Vishakhapatnam Vizag to Bhubaneswar Bhubaneswar to Kolkata No. of days: 2 nights and 3 days (onward) Vehicle : Duster RXS 85PS Places to visit: Planning to cover the below places on the way: Chilka Lake (onward) Dhabaligiri (onward) Konark Temple. (return)
    • By Ranger
      Current status:

Hyderabad to Tuni : Good
      Tuni to Chilka : under construction
      Chilka to Kolkata : Good

Information shared by @ARAY

***NH 16 - Route update***
      Folks planning for a road trip via NH16 to WB next weekend for Durga Puja, please be aware of the latest road conditions. Post Tuni till South Chilka is getting a major road expansion for last 8+ months as we all know.

Diversions and all are manageable, however with the recent torrential downpour in the region the soft soil has washed off exposing the cemented Culverts and small bridges that are constructed at the first phase of any NH build or expansion.

Due to the absence of proper markings and boards this is more risky. Absence of soft soil or temporary soil in general will further make the cemented bridges even more harder to climb and slush and soft mud can make the situation tricky.

People driving low slung sedans and hatchbacks please be careful, there is a high probability of underbelly hits while making the ascend to and decent from the bridges. People with FWD SUV be careful of lateral torque steer in the slush making the car go sideways and out of control.

A close friend of mine while driving to Assam has severely damaged the front left lower arm, track rod for steering and partially the ball joints of Honda city. He took that ascent at roughly 32kmph as per his GPX data.
      Use caution drive slow post Tuni and have a very safe trip everyone !

• By Santam
      I am planning to drive down from Mumbai to Kolkata in the month of September. What would be the proper route to take so that I encounter good roads? I won't mind taking detours if the road conditions are good and time is not a constraint. 
    • By teju b
      Exploring the East - Hyderabad to Kolkata

Total Distance - ~ 1500 km

Route taken :

Day: 1 - Hyderabad (Gachibowli) - Suryapet - Vijayawada - Rajamundry - Vishakapatanam (Vizag)  --- ~650 kms 
      Accommodation : Dolphin hotel (very good)

Day: 2 - Vishakapatanam - Bhubaneshwar - Balasore - Kolkata
      Accommodation - Park Street (center of city & most of the places are in 7kms radii)

Here's comes my first travel for the year 2017. I happened to visit this place on an official trip but ended up exploring the local beauty of this town. A complete two day tour for Kolkata is perfect to cover all the local places. As I had only a day time I wanted to mark down all the points one can cover in a day in my part #1. Will be soon updated with part #2.

Day -1 in Kolkata

Places to visit
      1. Mother House -Sisters of charity

Our day started with visiting this holy place of peace. You can experience the love of Mother Teresa at this place

visit her room where she last rest.

2. Longest Cantilever Bridge in Asia - Howrah bridge

This bridge connects two twin cities Howrah and Kolkata. A 5 min walk on this bridge makes you experience the busy life style of Kolkata and other side you get to see beautiful sunset/sunrise along with good cruises across the river.

3. Victoria Memorial

A place to see the history of art with a beautiful garden surrounded by it. You can also find many chariots to experience the richness. Its closed on Mondays and never miss the light and sound show after dark.

4. St Paul's Cathedral

This is designed with marvellous and versatile architecture constructed with victorian age materials with unusual roof supported by shallow curve shaped iron trusses.

5. Dakshineswar Kali Temple

This is one of the most old temple in Kolkata. The place is filler with a lot of positive energy and feels one self at peace. The flea market outside at temple is very colorful and happening in the night. Dont forget to try sweet peda just outside the temple.

6. Prinsep Ghat - Worth a Visit !!

This place is situated on bank of river Ganga. The 30 min boat ride at this place is a treat to the eyes to see the second cantilever bridge of kolkata and beauty of the river. Do visit during nights.

After a long list of travel ....Time to find places for food and shopping 

Places to Eat
      Kolkata is place for street food. Park Street and China town are the best places to experience the authentic bengal food cuisines. Due to lack of time I had a chance to visit only one best place of Kolkata which is Peter Cat at Park Street. Chelo kebabs are a must try.

My Part 2 post will cover the rest of places along with more interesting updates on food joints and shopping 
      Collect Moments Not Things !!

• Our picks