India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Fastag easy recharge using UPI 

According to NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India) banks should allow Fastag users to recharge using UPI.

DSC_0007-01.jpeg.56ad51564f05ba5853ec7c0bbd2ccced.jpeg

How to recharge using UPI?

Example car number : TS 92 AB 9999

Fastag issued by bank : ICICI

Generic UPI handle : netc.XXXXXXXXX@bank-name.

(XXXXXXXXXX is the number of car, bank-name is the name of bank)

UPI Handle for the above Example: netc.ts92ab9999@icici  (not case sensitive)

Steps

1. Add the  UPI handle to GooglePay (Any UPI payment app)
  2. Once you add test it by sending "one rupee"
  3. If everything is in order, you will get a confirmation message on your registered number
  • Like 3

There also an App on the store "My Fastag", by using the above handle we cab recharge of anyone and no login required. I have this and works like a breeze, cheers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Interesting information.
Never heard of it.

Thank you for sharing

• Like 1

I have always maintained balance in my PayTm account which I felt has been more easier  :) 

• Like 2

Fastag = More wait time?
Govt accepted that Fastag is causing more bottle necks at toll booths

“Ever since FASTags have been made mandatory for vehicles in India to pay toll tax, there has been reports that FASTags have actually increased wait
time of vehicles at plazas, rather than reducing it.

Numbers from the central toll plaza traffic monitoring system suggest that waiting times for vehicles have actually gone up by 29%, even though FASTags accounted for more than 60% of the total toll collection.”

Source: https://www.news18.com/amp/news/auto/govt-accepts-in-parliament-wait-time-at-toll-plazas-has-increased-after-fastags-2486185.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The wait time is increased due to slow response of detecting machines. Ideally the gates should open at least 20 to 30 meter before the vehicle reaches. In reality we literally have to stop in front of the gate and than the gate open. In one occasion I also have to reverse my car and move forward again for opening of the gate.

Sent from my SM-M305F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Recently, from my personal experience, I have observed , if we move slowly of the last 15mtrs or so before the gate, the machine detects the tag easily and we don't have to reverse or move forward to get the tag detected. Hence we can save time. Most of the vehicles rush to the gate and it won't get detected. Moreover, I still see the non-fastag queue is very long at kamkole toll plaza most of the time. 

• Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 3:22 PM, BORNDRIVER said:

20 to 30 meter

Yes it is sensible for our traffic.

11 hours ago, PareshBhinde said:

if we move slowly

But in developed countries, we can drive through without any issues. In my recent trip, I used to do around 30~40 kmph through tolls.  Only difference major difference is they don't use gates. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By shiva
      Download links
      Android Playstore

This mobile App is for the National Highway Commuters of India, who wish to cross through a National Toll road in a pre-informed manner. The App also prevents frauds by way of overcharging by a Toll Plaza as it informs the user about the fee applicable. While on move, users can know the places of interest & Route to theses places if he/she wishes. The App tells real time waiting time at a plaza as at a particular time. Once the user crosses a plaza, he/she can also give feedback of his experience through the toll plaza.  

Key features
      1. Nearby toll Plazas
      2. Toll Plazas en-route
      3. Fast-Tag
      4. Know your highway
      5. Report an issue
      6. Report summery (issue tracker)
      7. Near by (Hotels, hospitals, ATM  and Fuel)

Will give more details once I use the app.
      Overall app is impressive. 

Adding few screen shots.

Home screen

Near by works only on GPS, we cannot slect the place manually.

• By uday
      How it works?
      NHAI has enabled Fast tags on some of its toll booths across India. Fast tags has dedicated lanes at the toll booths. Once you buy a fast tag they will provide you a sticker which you will be sticking on your vehicle wind shield. You can recharge your fast tag account on the regular basis depending on your travel. It is like a prepaid card. Gates automatically opens when your car pass through the fast tag lane. Advantages:
      No need to carry cash. ​On-line recharge. No need to wait in the long queues. Saves fuel and time. Advantage during the holiday season. Dedicated Fast tag lane. You will receive a text message showing the amount deducted from your fast tag. Disadvantages:
      Not implemented across all the toll booths.  
    • By uday
      RTA m-Wallet is a mobile application developed for the Transport Department of the Govt. of Telangana. It allows a person have a one stop digital shop for all the documents issued by the Transport department. Salient features of the app lets one auto-fetch documents, share documents, have all the documents on one screen and add multiple vehicles owned by a single person. The documents once downloaded will be saved for future use on the application.

Download link :

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....mywalet&hl=en

IOS :
       https://itunes.apple.com/in/app/rta-m-wallet/id1087318928?mt=8

If you want to download directly from play store or IOS app store search for "RTA m-Wallet"

Advantages:
      Motorist can show the M-Wallet app on their smart phone during the RTA checking. No need to carry physical documents. Multiple vehicles can be added. License and Registration card can be added to the app. On-line digital certificate fetching. Less chances of fraud. Need internet only for the first time. No need of internet once you fetch the Digital Certificate. Auto fetching Insurance details of last updated year .  
      Disadvantages:
      No support for Pollution certificates. (Presently). App is accepted only in Telangana. Need to carry physical documents If you are planning a travel to other state.  
      How to use the app?

Download and install the "RTA m-Wallet" App.It is around 17 MB.

Step 1
      Enter Name,Email and Mobile Number. Click on Register.

Step 2
      OTP is sent to the mobile,enter the OPT click on submit.

Step 3
      Click on RC to fetch the digital RC. Give the registration number of your vehicle and last 5 digits of your Chassis number. You can find the Chassis number on the back of your RC card. Click on Get.

Step 4
      Click on driving license to fetch the Digital DL Enter the license number from your Driving license card. Select the RTA from your Driving license card. Click on Get.  

All the documents will be fetched automatically once you give the above details and you are good to go.
  • Our picks