India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Pradyumna2511

Hyderabad to Kolkata - Jan 2020

HI All,

I am planning to start my journey on 11th Jan 2020, from Hyd to Kolkata , I have done Hyd to Vizag in 2018 and know the road condition pretty well. I am skeptical about day 2 drive from Vizag to Kolkata

Few Clarification

1.  How's the road conditions  from Vizag till Kolkata , What time should I start from Vizag. (family of 3 )
  2.  Lot of people warned me to avoid driving in AP & OR border , OR & WB border (During early hours & late night)
  3. Would like to spend some time near Chilka lake (30 mins) any preferred restaurant etc
  4. Precautions for the car, I have an eco sport 1.5 Diesel trend , 2017 model & drove around 70K so far
  5. During return I would like to touch down Puri & konark ,what time should I start from Kolkata to reach Puri - How's the road condition.
  6. Would like to stay for 2 days in Puri & konark( Do you think its advisable , place to visit etc )
  7. Can I cover Puri to Hyderabad in one day.

I am super excited for this long drive.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 1:58 PM, Pradyumna2511 said:

HI All,

I am planning to start my journey on 11th Jan 2020, from Hyd to Kolkata , I have done Hyd to Vizag in 2018 and know the road condition pretty well. I am skeptical about day 2 drive from Vizag to Kolkata

Few Clarification

1.  How's the road conditions  from Vizag till Kolkata , What time should I start from Vizag. (family of 3 )
  2.  Lot of people warned me to avoid driving in AP & OR border , OR & WB border (During early hours & late night)
  3. Would like to spend some time near Chilka lake (30 mins) any preferred restaurant etc
  4. Precautions for the car, I have an eco sport 1.5 Diesel trend , 2017 model & drove around 70K so far
  5. During return I would like to touch down Puri & konark ,what time should I start from Kolkata to reach Puri - How's the road condition.
  6. Would like to stay for 2 days in Puri & konark( Do you think its advisable , place to visit etc )
  7. Can I cover Puri to Hyderabad in one day.

I am super excited for this long drive.

1 Road conditions are very good vizag to kolkatha , u better check with @aritray he drove Hyd to kolkatha in a day continuously.

2) I never faced any pblm at the borders u mentioned both 2 wheeler ride and 4 wheeler drive

3) you can at orissa tourism place near chilka, u have to be careful for the diversion to chilka, easy to miss

4)I dont think so any issue comes to ur vehicle if u make it under 140kmph

5) always start from 5 am will be a better way to reach destination

6)ample time to do even u can have ur car through ferry route, instead of NH from puri.

7) I did it in VW Ameo, hope fully u can do it very easily , start early by 5am

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 1:58 PM, Pradyumna2511 said:

I have done it last year, 
You will come across road works once you cross Vizag.

You can check my post

You can do it in two/three days depending on your comfort. 
Lack of proper restaurants on highways is downer.

Always carry extra water and snack bars. 

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.