Jump to content
India-Drive
  • Welcome!

    Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Sign in to follow this  
SK01

Hyderabad To Nellore Drive. LONG AWAITED TRIP.

Recommended Posts

Distance: 454 Kilometers Drive Time: 10 hours. Including 2 short breaks and 2 long breaks. Mileage: 15 Kmpl Vehicle: Honda City VX Manual Fuel: Petrol Speed: Cruised at 100 KMPH without much of overtaking. Touched 140 to test my car.

 

Route: HYDERABAD --> NARKETPALLY --> ONGOLE ( NAM EXPRESS WAY ) ---> NELLORE (NH5) ROAD CONDITION 2016:

 

Already @gowtham wrote a review of this express way. This is just my view on the road. The road is four lane road from Narketpally to Ongole. You have to go down the bridge from Narketpally and take a right from a village road to the express way. The road condition is above average, we can easily maintain 120 KMPH, we cruised at 100 KMPH in the road.

 

Road goes through many small villages and sometimes it merges into a single lane. The merging part is the worst part i can say, because it merges suddenly causing sudden brakes turns and some times accident. Cattle blocks the road in some places. So one has to be very careful in this way. Maintaining 100 KMPH is the best one can do in this road.

 

After 241 KM you should take a right to enter the NH5 and the road is excellent 4 lane road with very few bikers. Here one can easily maintain 120-140 KMPH .

 

PLACES TO EAT 2016:

  • ANNAPURNA VEG RESTAURANT for breakfast.Not so great ambience, restaurant but the food is good.
  • There is a Hotel called Vivera in Narketpally which is not so good for veggies.
  • After crossing Ongole, we can find a restaurant above the Tanguturi Toll Plaza N5 FOOD PLAZA.The food quality is nice and cool concept.Here are some pictures.

     

NAM EXPRESS WAY 

image_3458.jpg

 FLYOVER UNDER CONSTRUCTION AT THE NAM EXPRESS WAY. THIS LATER MERGES INTO A SERVICE ROAD OR SOMETIMES VILLAGES.

image_3459.jpg

CLICKED IT WHILE WE STOPPED FOR A PHOTO SHOOT. NAM EXPRESS HAS SOME BEAUTIFUL SCENES.

image_3460.jpg

CATTLE CREATES AN ISSUE FOR HIGHSPEED VEHICLES.

image_3461.jpg

 ROAD MERGES INTO SINGLE LANES. ONE SHOULD BE CAREFUL WITH THE TRUCKS. 

image_3462.jpg

 MY HONDA CITY WITH MY SISTERS ALTO 800 AT NELLORE. 

image_3463.jpg

 N5 FOOD PLAZA. ABOVE TOLL RESTAURANT.

image_3464.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 here are the above toll plaza restaurant pictures.Here is another picture of my Honda city. will post few more pictures soon.

Touched 140 KMPH. Forgot to post this picture.

image_3466.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice pictures and good information.

 

Thank you for sharing, It is a complete guide for the people travelling from Hyderabad to Nellore,Cattle (on road) is a big issue on NAM express.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!! Very informative post!!

 

Food plaza above toll is a very good idea but during rush festival seasons, everyone will try to fit into that food plaza which again blocks the traffic creating a chaotic situation near the toll road!!

 

What do you guys say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
shammy said:
Wow!! Very informative post!! Food plaza above toll is a very good idea but during rush festival seasons, everyone will try to fit into that food plaza which again blocks the traffic creating a chaotic situation near the toll road!!

What do you guys say?

 

It may cause issues, if they don't provide proper parking space.

 

People will anyway slow down at toll both.

 

View is amazing from the restaurant.

 

I feel most of the festival traffic is around Vijayawada, it tappers out after Guntur. :cooler:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice post buddy.. The idea of having a restaurant on the toll plaza sounds very interesting.. I guess it is the first of its kind on the Indian Highways.. But do they have sufficient parking space and is it organised enough to let the highway vehicle run undisturbed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sagar said:
Nice post buddy.. The idea of having a restaurant on the toll plaza sounds very interesting.. I guess it is the first of its kind on the Indian Highways.. But do they have sufficient parking space and is it organised enough to let the highway vehicle run undisturbed?

 

Yes. They have a large area for parking vehicles private operators, also park their bus there.

And there is a nice forest near the parking, ONGOLE TO NELLORE side, will post a picture.

 

gowtham said:

It may cause issues, if they don't provide proper parking space.

People will anyway slow down at toll both.

View is amazing from the restaurant.

I feel most of the festival traffic is around Vijayawada, it tappers out after Guntur. :cooler:

 

View is really amazing from the restaurant. But one must be really careful while climbing the steps. They also have a lift.

shammy said:
Wow!! Very informative post!! Food plaza above toll is a very good idea but during rush festival seasons, everyone will try to fit into that food plaza which again blocks the traffic creating a chaotic situation near the toll road!!

What do you guys say?

 

I don't think so. The parking space is so large and its a 13 lane toll booth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Krish said:

Yes. They have a large area for parking vehicles private operators, also park their bus there.

And there is a nice forest near the parking, ONGOLE TO NELLORE side, will post a picture.

 

They have lift service to get into the restaurant?

I have always driven through it, but never got a chance to visit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gowtham said:
They have lift service to get into the restaurant?I have always driven through it, but never got a chance to visit.

 

Yes they have a lift service. Don't miss next time. DINNER IN THE SKY:clap:A small forest near the parking space. ONGOLE TO NELLORE side. And that's me.

 

image_3469.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am quite familiar with the Nellore highway and know that this is best of the two only problem being distance to be covered in a day as a lone driver and a few hours of saving would help me in resting well as it is going to be a 3 day trip 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can also take rest at Nellore if Started early. Anyway 640 KM approximately to Tirupati is not a big deal. Ultimately it's your decision.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×