India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

shiva

Hyderabad to Rajahmundry route

Hyderabad to Rajahmundry has two routes.

Regular route:

Best route to take.

Distance : 450 kilometers.

Road condition : excellent 4-lane

Hyderabad --> Suryapet --> Vijayawada --> Tanuku --> Rajahmundry.

Alternative route:

Distance : 400 kilometers

Road condition: Worst

Hyderabad --> Suryapet --> Khammam --> Sathupally --> Aswaraopeta --> Jangareddigudem --> Devarapally --> Rajahmundry.

I took the this route to drop a friend at Khammam.

Khammam to Devarapally road is in worst state, It is full of potholes, Avoid this route at any cost.

• Like 4

Thank you for the information.

I know few people took khammam route, just to save toll and 50 kilometers.

They don't look at the disadvantages like mileage, vehicle damage, stress and safety.

• Like 3

Hi guys,

Can anybody please let me know the current road conditions from Hyderabad to Rajahmundry? I always go on the Vijayawada route but now I want to avoid the traffic as well as explore a new route. Please suggest some routes which has resting places and restaurants.

How's Kurnool to Rajahmundry route?

Miles to go before I sleep

Sent from my Asus using India-Drive app

• Like 2

Via Vijayawada is the best route.

Other routes are not worth it.

But if you want explore, you can visit maredumilli with the time that you saved.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Krish said:

What's the distance Rajahmundry to Maredumilli?@karthik@gowtham

97 kms from Rajahmundry

• Like 2

97 kms from Rajahmundry

What are the places to see in Maredumilli? I'll most probably go in the morning and return by evening.

• Like 2

@Krish .. If you are planning to start early in the morning from Rajamundry, I would suggest you to do this circuit .. Rajamundry - Rampachodavaram - Sileru - Lambasingi - Narsipatanam - Rajamundry.

You will love the drive, the place and the native tribal food (if you prefer to have non-veg)... Absolutely. Make sure you start around 3 or 4 a.m. from Rajamundry.. 

• Like 2

[mention=342]Krish[/mention] .. If you are planning to start early in the morning from Rajamundry, I would suggest you to do this circuit .. Rajamundry - Rampachodavaram - Sileru - Lambasingi - Narsipatanam - Rajamundry.

You will love the drive, the place and the native tribal food (if you prefer to have non-veg)... Absolutely. Make sure you start around 3 or 4 a.m. from Rajamundry.. 

What time will I reach Rajahmundry ?

• Like 2

What time will I reach Rajahmundry ?

The circuit takes about 9 hours of drive time and including all the break time in between your drive, you will reach back the town by evening considering your start time at 3 or 4 a.m. 

• Like 2

Fully agree with gowtham , but the amount of time lost in Vijayawada (even through By pass) is huge.

There is one junction (NH 5 from Guntur side) which is jam packed always, from here to Gannavaram , heavy traffic, snarl is at Hanuman junction , in total we loose around two hours.

The alternate route on sathupally - RJY , is , take left at Jelugpally , towards polavaram (virabhadrapuram road) route (The road is relatively good ) and reach RJY , recently(Jan 2017) I travelled to Vizag on this route , I wish to know any other better alternatives.

The Road on Telangana side till border is excellent, the real hell is after crossing Jelugapally (Andhra side), I feel purposefully , the Andhra  stretch is not developed to facilitate Toll gates on NH9 , Telangana Government is really developing Roads , hope AP learns from it's younger brother.

• Like 4

Agree with you.
Vijayawada is mess. Roads blocks, narrow roads, poor traffic management together will at least kill 1~2 hours time.

• Like 3

Good information @SUBBU_HYD

46 minutes ago, SUBBU_HYD said:

The Road on Telangana side till border is excellent, the real hell is after crossing Jelugapally (Andhra side), I feel purposefully , the Andhra  stretch is not developed to facilitate Toll gates on NH9 , Telangana Government is really developing Roads , hope AP learns from it's younger brother.

Few points I would like to share.
1.National highways are not under state government control.(States are not responsible)

2.Roads are bad across India, neither Telangana nor Andhar excel in that area.

3.Hyderabad to Vijayawada is newly laid 4-lane, compared to Vijayawada to Rajahmundry/Vizag stretch. Few years back Hyderabad to Vijayawada used to be a nightmare, now it is one of the best.

• Like 3

Latest update:

Did Hyderabad to Rajahmundry this week:

Hyderabad to Vijayawada : Excellent
Vijayawada to Eluru : Good
Eluru to Rajahmundry : Pathetic (lot of potholes due to recent rains) 

Rajahmundry to Vizag is in similar state!

• Like 3

It's advisable to take Vijayawada highway. Route via Khammam is not advisable. I drove this route today. Here is my review. First of all

Suryapet Khammam road is a 2lane road with out divider. Heavy traffic in this area cannot overtake at all and i would say this road is dangerous because there are heavy trucks , tractors  cattle( buffaloes, sheep and donkeys sometimes)  lot of people going on bikes. Khammam to satupally is Lil decent but the same traffic. From satupally it is worse . You will see lorries , buses and  tractors moving like snakes on the road full of pot holes to avoid pot holes . I have seen 3 accidents due to bad road and worst traffic. So the bottom line is to travel safe avoid this route

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bhanu said:

So the bottom line is to travel safe avoid this route

Great review @Bhanu It is always advised to take the route via Vijayawada to reach Rajamundry. For the upcoming Sankranthi Festival, I can imagine the usual road rush this stretch is going to be seen. Plan smartly.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th