India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

RavitejaKunala

Planning to Hampi on 15th August route suggestions

Hi all

I am new to this forum. I am planning to go to HAMPI covering Gadwal and Mantralayam.

Heard like Tungabhadra Dam has opened and water is coming into villages near.

Is this right time to visit and if yes, what is the safest route so that we will not block or face issues.

And please good accomadation in Hampi

Thank You

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RavitejaKunala said:

Hi all

I am new to this forum. I am planning to go to HAMPI covering Gadwal and Mantralayam.

Heard like Tungabhadra Dam has opened and water is coming into villages near.

Is this right time to visit and if yes, what is the safest route so that we will not block or face issues.

And please good accomadation in Hampi

Thank You

Welcome to the club.. Please go through the link below with all the information at it's best.

@sagar Thank you Sagar, it is so useful for my planning. My tension is how are the roads and situation present in Hampi. I have heard water is coming in to the hotels near hospet. So fearing we will get struck some where

• Like 1

Road via Raichur is bad and also bridge between Gangavathi and Kampli is submerged due to flooded water.

The route via Ballari is a better pick.. From Kodumur, the road is a little bad but better than the other options. As per the latest news received, Hampi is all safe today but Anjanadri parvath route is closed. Road to Hippie island is shut.

Yes, Hampi is predicted to have face threat as the Tungabadra dam gates are partially opened now and might raise to it's fullest depending on the situation.

If you are still opting to visit Hampi, Avoid to tour the banks of the river Tungabadra. other wise it is okay.

17 hours ago, RavitejaKunala said:

@sagar Thank you for your inputs.

Please do update us back on your trip details or any alternative plans if so..

@sagar Sure Sagar, but not able to decide whether to visit or not since weather and routes are unpredictable due to floods. Will update you if we visit. Heard from newspapers that hippie island is submerged. Not sure if we go in this situation we may miss some places. So thinking about that.

Hippe island is not submerged, the connect bridge to hippe island is submerged but it is accessible by boats :D 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.