India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

It was 1 of August I was browsing TripAdvisor for resorts and planning my road trip to Bhandavgarh when I received a message in the WhatsApp group from @PrashantKMathur sir. I never miss his messages, and so this one. I was surprised and happy on seeing the message about the most loved SUV and most awaited drive from Ford. I immediately cancelled all my meet-up plans for the weekend.

Fast forward to 3 days, it was Sunday, the drive day. I woke up early in the morning, took my camouflaged rain jacket which I bought for the monsoon drive meet-up but never wore and begin driving towards Chevella. The traffic throughout the drive was almost nill and I could constantly maintain 60kmph enjoying the empty road, drizzle and my TDCi engine's roar.

The area is 70kms away from my house and I reached the venue by 10:00 AM starting at 8:15 AM with 20mins break waiting for my friend who never turned up. 

I was the first person apart for Team Ford. Was received really well by Vibrant Ford AGM and team where I get my car serviced and by Modi Ford team where I bought my car. 

20 minutes later after finishing all the formalities and coffee break I was into the huge and beautiful Off-roader the ENDEAVOUR. 

I was accompanied by Mr. Sarath Ford's off-road trainer and he took me for the first round. The track was really good with lush green trees surrounded and even more tricky due to continuous rain and drizzle the night before event. He explained me everything about the capabilities of the vehicle, different drive modes and showed me how it performed in 4low with ease and how it struggled in 4high.

The track and the experience was so good that I wanted to go on another round and he agreed for it.

Finished two rounds of the drive and the time was 11:00 AM when I met @Jag's. Few minutes of discussion with the trainer and AGM Vibrant Ford sales I was back into my car carrying all the memories and small souvenir (Ford Hat) from the trainer going back home. 

Off-road Track.20190804_105542-01.jpeg

These obstacles were really scary to see.

20190804_104007-01.jpeg

20190804_103253-01.jpeg

20190804_101946-01.jpeg

20190804_105316-01.jpeg

A small souvenir from the trainer (Ford Hat) on the music system.

20190805_102344-01.jpeg

He's the trainer Mr. Sarath. 

20190804_105332.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice share @SK01. Must have been quite an experience. The venue looks like Mr. Ravinder reddy's farm track near Sania Mirzas Tennis academy.

Below is the link shared which happened at the same venue I suppose.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sagar said:

Must have been quite an experience.

Yes was really a good experience. Only disappointment is the water wading pool which they closed. The previous day due to continues rains Endeavour got stuck and still they were unable to move it. I love water wading and spilling water when it rains. 

3 hours ago, sagar said:

The venue looks like Mr. Ravinder reddy's farm track near Sania Mirzas Tennis academy.

It's Challa Farms. I don't know if it's the same. 

IMG-20190801-WA0039.jpg

Edited by SK01
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, SK01 said:

Track is managed by Ravindra.

Fantastic pictures. Looks like you guys had great fun. :)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Track is managed by Ravindra.

Fantastic pictures. Looks like you guys had great fun. :)

Yes. Really a great time and gained some basic knowledge on off-roading. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SK01 said:

Oh yes, it is the same farm. Do keep us posted here on the future events as such too.. :) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, karthik said:

Nice pictures. Missed it. Seen the message in the group. But I though it is on next weekend. 

Yeah you really missed that fun filled event. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sagar said:

Oh yes, it is the same farm. Do keep us posted here on the future events as such too.. :) 

Yeah sure. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ksa171983 said:

personal vehicles from other manufacturers allowed?

I don't think so as it is an event by Vibrant Ford

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:58 PM, sagar said:

event by Vibrant Ford

No the event was organised by Ford India. Vibrant and Mody Ford participated inviting their customers. I don't know if Fortune Ford participated. 

Also I guess they have a target for inviting people. Mody Ford sales executive who met me on the way on their Endeavour TD car guided me to the location and asked me to write their event head name in the registration form along with Vibrant Ford's name. Dealers who participate bring their own Endeavour 4*4 for the event and they ensure people invited them get into their car. For example I was invited by Vibrant Ford, a person from Vibrant was along with me till my round was finished. They ensure that I go in their Endeavour not other dealer's. 

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:56 PM, ksa171983 said:

personal vehicles from other manufacturers allowed?

@ksa171983 there are chances if you know the Dealership event head well and if you're car is capable. There is another track their with slush and water wading pool which is doable for my Freestyle till the pool. Unfortunately the track was closed because of Endeavour getting stuck there the previous day and continues rains. Probably in dry season they may allow me to take my car. 

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By mit1682
      #One Baleno#6 Souls#One destination#tones of memories#Bucket list tick#Gandikota Belum caves
      Trip planning started 6 months before and it kept on changing. Finally accommodation booked and trip scheduled on 24.Jan.2020.

Thanks to Ksk (Sathish) and Dishari for continuous guidance on route and stay.
      Car: Baleno ZETA CVT
      Members: 4 Adults and 2 kids
      Places visited: Gandikota & Belum caves. One can visit places like Owk reservoir, Yaganti temple, Orvakal
                     rock garden based on time availability.
      Route taken: Hyd-Kurnool-Nandyal-Gandikota-Belum caves-Banaganapali-Betamcherla-Kurnool-Hyd
      Road conditions:
                  - Hyd-Kurnool-Nandyal: Roads are good
                  -   Nandyal-Gandikota: Roads are good. 50 km before Gandikota roads are average to bad and
                     passes through villages.
      -  Gandikota-Belum caves-Banaganapali-Betamcherla-Kurnool : Roads are average and passes
      through villages. Once you touch NH40 then roads are good.
      - Kurnool-Hyd: Roads are good.
      - Route map provided for ref.

Distance traveled: ~ 800 KM
      Toll charges (Fastag): Rs. 650
      Petrol expanse: Rs. 3700
      Difficulties:
      Trip was awesome, except Aarav (my son) fall sick on day of trip with viral fever. But throughout trip he supported us with his smile. The complete success of trip goes to him.

At Gandikota you need to wear good shoes to walk on rocks along with comfortable cloths.
      Avoid it during summer & heavy rains.
      People with breathing and BP related issues should avoid Belum caves.
      Stay option at Gandikota:
      Option 1: Non AC tents
      Cost is Rs. 1000 per person with food on twin sharing basis.
      The only problem is during rainy season this will not be good. Also for common washroom, you need to travel 500 m.
      Option 2: AC tents
      Very costly around Rs. 3000 per person with food on twin sharing basis. Sometime even they charge Rs 3500. Tents without food charges will be Rs. 3000 on twin sharing basis.
      Need online booking via freakout.
      Washroom is attached to tent.
      Opion 3: AC rooms at Hariths resorts
      We found this good and reasonable. Per room cost is Rs 1600 from Mon-Wed and on Thur-Sun it will be Rs. 2000 (taxes extra).
      Rooms are good and 500 m away from site.
      Rooms being limited we need to book online via AP tourism website.
      Food options at Gandikota
      Only food option is Haritha resort (if you have not booked tents). We found food is average and can be manageable. We have carried electric cooker and prepared food by our self.
      Food options at Belum caves
      There is a small hotel available near to booking window. They serve cold drink, water and snacks.  We found food is average and can be manageable.

You can enjoy this trips in 2 days. I advise you to make it on weekdays as there will be less rush. For us it took 3 days as we are travelling with kids and we don’t want to drive in night and early mornings.
      Disclaimer: Not all of the photos are taken by me. Few are from my friends mobile.
      Photographic device:
      Poco f1
      Oneplus 7T
      Canon 1300D
      Xiomi note 6 pro
      Beauty of place you can derived from photos.

• By Ranger
      Hi All,

I have completed the Hyderabad to Goa track yesterday.

Let me split the roads into different sections to give clear information. 

Best route to Goa? It always varies from year to year.

Best route:
      Hyderabad > Zaheerabad > Humnabad > Gulbarga >  Vijayapura > Bagalkot > Belgaum > Dodamarg > Goa

Hyderabad to Humnabad: Excellent 4-lane road 
      Humnabad to Gulbarga : Smooth 2-lane road, you can take Gulbarga outer ring road to skip the traffic
      Gulbarga to Belgaum : Smooth 2-lane road, some of it has a toll
      Belgaum to Goa: Roads are not so great blame the recent rains, few patches are pathetic. 

Tip:
      Humnabad to Belgaum road looks same all the way,

Food:
      Zaheerabad
      Gulbarga
      Belgaum

People using Google maps, split your route into different sections

Section 1: 
      Hyderabad to Gulbarga, it should be via Zaheerabad

Section 2:
      Gulbarge to Belgaum 

Section 3:
      Belgaum to Goa, make sure you put exact location in Goa (example : Anjuna beach)

Drive time
      Total drive time including breaks is 14~15 hours,
      Don't get fooled by google times. 
      Lots of village traffic followed by ghat section, will eat away your time. 

Worst route is via Raichur, completely avoid it. 

Few clicks from the drive. 

• By LoneRanger
      The Jungle Book By Rudyard Kipling - During my childhood , the only cartoon which used to come on DD is Junglebook. And the kids from early 90's late 80's would surely know the underwear clad Protagonist Mowgli. Some of us, like me, would also recollect the song "Jungle Jungle Baat chali hai , pata chala hai , chaddi pehenke phool kile hai" , Now you might be wondering why is this guy being nostalgic , well the story of Jungle book is set in Pench National Park. Hence the nostalgia. 

Planning to the weekend Trip To Pench : 
      I stay in Hyderabad , and cannot complete the trip to Pench in a Weekend drive. But if you plan properly , you can complete the trip in a weekend. I did this trip with my parents, my dad being in his mid 60's is eager and enthusiastic for trips. 
      Booked a train from Secundrabad to Nagpur on a friday night.  Booked a Zoom car on Saturday Morning from Nagpur.  Booked a room in one of the resorts from Saturday to Sunday. (One Day). Booked Return Tickets on Sunday Night from Nagpur to Secundrabad.  Reach Hyderabad on Monday morning , and go to office.  
      Actual Trip : 
      We have booked tickets to Nagpur on Secundrabad-Nagpur SF express , the train leaves at 22:15 from Secundrabad station. The train reaches 8:15 AM sharp to Nagpur station. 

(Nagpur Station)

We woke up at 7 in the train itself , and freshened up. When the train reached Nagpur , for our conveyance i borrowed my friend's car. Very generous of him to lend his car for my family trip. He left the car for us at the station back gate. For other's , there are multiple options of self drive cars are available. Choose the car according to your needs. 

Another thing i had to keep in mind with my elderly father is his food. He has to eat on time and take medicines accordingly. Hence we went to the nearest Haldiram's to have our breakfast. To my bad luck , this particular Haldiram's was serving all south indian breakfast that day. I wanted to try something with Pav.  . 

( Haldiram's where we had our breakfast)

(Inside of haldiram's , where we had our breakfast)

After having breakfast, my friend left for his place, and decided that we would catch up again here , to return back the car the next day. It was 10:00 A.M by the time we started for Pench National park. 

We booked our accommodation at Pench Jungle Camp (https://www.penchjunglecamp.com/) , and we also booked the Breakfast, Lunch , Dinner package along with accomodation. We also made the safari booking through them. so no other headaches. but if you do book by yourself , it might be a little cheaper. 

It took us 2 hours 30 mins(Approx) to reach Pench Jungle camp.  And it was 12:30 P.M by the time we reached there. Took some time for check in , and had our Lunch immediately , before even going into our Tents. Lunch was buffet , completely Indian. You will find both Veg and Non-Veg options. Reachech Tents by 2:00 P.M. 

(The fan and the chandelier inside the tent)
      (beds , and a lovely wall art)
      (Extra space with Sofas)  

The tents are comfortable , we got ready by 3:30 P.M for the evening safari. The safari timing's is evening 4:00P.M till 7:00 P.M , and morning 5:30 A.M till 10:30 A.M. 
      We went to safari on both the days, Saturday evening and Sunday morning. As the Safari was organised by the Resort on Sunday morning , they had packed some sandwitches and boiled eggs , for us to eat. After coming back at 11:00 A.M , we had our break fast , went to our tents , freshened up and checked out at 1:00 P.M. We paid to have our Lunch , there in the resort , and left Pench by 2:30 P.M , By 5:30 we were back at Haldiram's in Nagpur , to catch up with my friend and have some coffee. 

My friend dropped us at the railway station, we took the train Nagpur - SC train back to Hyderabad. Below are some of the pics from the safari. 

(The water tanker is used to fill water in ponds for animals)

(If you are luck, you will spot a tiger ,  )

( This tent/housing belongs to forest dept , and they serve tea/biscuits for tourists, Also notice Mowgli , of the far left of the image)

(A Fox)

(Wild Dog) 

(Deers in Pench River)

(Thats the safari Road)

• Our picks