India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Musafir

What are top monsoon destinations from Hyderabad?

Question

7 answers to this question

My take is Konkan. It is near to my heart. Completed my Engineering so spent most beautiful days of my life (and monsoon) there. Complete Konkan become beautiful during this season.

• Like 5

Nice post @Musafir. All the places around the western ghats region are best to visit during monsoons. Would love to list down a few for the record.

1) Chikamagalur and Kudremukh

2) Lonavla, Tamhini, Mulshi, Lavasa (All the roads and ghats around the Pavna lake) 

3) Malshej ghat

4) Agumbe.

5) Few treks in the western ghat region to get beautiful views

Sinhagad, Rajgad, Torna, Raigad, Harishchandragad, Tikona, Lohagad, Koraigad, Kotligad, Tung, Visapur, Andharban etc.

6) Goa is another beautiful place close to the ghats. (Beaches can be ignored)

7) Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani

8) Araku valley

9) Ooty and Kotagiri

10) Kodaikanal and Vattakanal (Best from Sept  to Dec)

11) Coorg and Madikeri

12) Wayanad and Munnar

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sagar said:

Tamhini, Mulshi

This is the best that I have done so far out of the list above and then comes in the Coorg down South along with Araku Valley

• Like 3

On 7/30/2019 at 9:31 AM, mit1682 said:

My take is Konkan

Nothing can beat this in south Indian. There are many unknown beautiful locations in Kerala. 
Any IndiaDrive plans to Kerala? Never attended a meet till now. Was promoted to father and got busy with early stage chores. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RajG said:

Any IndiaDrive plans to Kerala? Never attended a meet till now. Was promoted to father and got busy with early stage chores. 

On the cards @RajG we shall update you the details well in advance once we materialize the plan. It will be sometime in September!

• Like 1

I am hoping to see some new places to explore on this thread :) 

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Shekar
      I did not travelled for three months and the traveller in side me is thirsty.
      Few plans to West Maharastra and Goa with friends did not materialised.

I had also planned a trip to Chitrakote falls with family friends but they were afraid of travelling in Chattisgarh.
      It was late night of 27th July, 2018 Friday and I was desperate to go to some place.
      I asked my wife and son Shall we go to Chitrakote Waterfalls? They said yes.

Rough route plan was with me. No bookings for night stay made. 

Got up early on 28-07-2018 Saturday and started from Home by 5.30 AM and reached Warangal by 7.30 AM.

I know the route up to Eturunagaram before Bhogatha and I know very well that once we cross Warangal,
      it is difficult to get any food. So we had Breakfast at Hotel Ashoka, Hanmakonda, once my favorite. Entered in to Mulugu road (from here entire roads are 2 lane) by 8.30 AM. 

Our original thought was to come back in the same route from Chitrakote but it proved wrong.
      Initially we thought of seeing Bhogatha falls in return journey so as to reach Chitrakote early.
      By 10.30 we were at Bhogatha Falls cross road and its only 1 Km from there. We thought lets have a look without wasting much time.

It proved to be good decision. 

• By Ranger
      Last weekend, We went a on a small drive from Hyderabad to Srisailam.

Since, we have multiple logs on Srisailam drive. I don't want to share more information on it.
      I will concentrate more on Akka Mahadevi Caves (few people call it Akkamadevi devi Caves)

There are two ways to visit Akka Mahadevi caves from Srisailam: 
      AP Tourism boating Private boating
      Akka Mahadevi caves boating start point:
      Both the boats agencies start from same location : Pathala Ganga
      To reach Pathala Ganga, you need to either take rope-way or steps.
      If you have a bike you can ride down via steep path. 
      Cars cant go down. Need to park them at rope way entrance. (designated parking is available) 
      Location details

Distance and time taken to visit Akka Mahadevi caves:(Applicable for both Private and Government operators)
      Boat ride takes around 90 minutes (one way) Distance is around 16 kilometers (one way) Boat speed is around 14 km/hr  Total time for entire ride (including caves visit) : 4~5 hours  
      Safety:
      Both government and private agencies provide life jackets.
      You may catch up cross winds at few locations but nothing to worry about them.
      Ride is smooth through out.

AP Tourism boating:
      AP Tourism boating is managed by government.
      It is a big boat with 50 member capacity.  

Boat starts between 9AM~10AM from Pathala Ganga. (only one slot)
      You need to reach the point by 9AM and book the tickets for boating.
      Once you book the tickets, you need to wait till the boat is full (50 members) .
      Boat usually starts between 10AM~11AM.

Price: 350/- (per head) 

Private Tourism boating:
      These are managed by private operators under government control.
      They have around ~15 member capacity boats which are small.
      Boats are basic as shown in the above image.

These boats don't have any fixed timings, they are available from 6 AM, according to locals.  (I feel that is the best time to visit)
      These guys close their operations before 2 PM.

Food and Water
      Carry food and water, they are available just before boating point.
      Near the caves they charge x3, sometimes they may not be available.

About Akka Mahadevi Caves: 
      Once we get-down from the boat, we need to walk around 500 meters, path is neatly laid.
      No washrooms are available at the caves, plan accordingly. 

Caves are very small, don't expect them similar to Belum/Borra caves.
      But the stone formation outside the caves are amazing. Boat guys act as a guide, they will tell about the history of the place.

Foot wear are not allowed into caves.
      Once you enter into caves:(approximate numbers)

Walk : 100 meters Crawl: 50 meters Walk side ways : 20 meters Once you reach dead end you will find a Shiva lingam.
      Only one person can enter at a time (for Crawl/walk side way)

Drawbacks
      Bats, it will stink inside the caves.
      Some people may feel suffocated inside the caves, due to narrow passages. 
      Fine dust inside the caves, not a place for people with dust allergy 

Overall, I would say it is a must visit for nature lovers. 
      Not an ideal place for Instagram crowd.

Important note:
      Visit only during monsoon(Cloudy) and winter(December, low temperatures).
      Avoid this place, when the sun is out. Summer is completely ruled out.

If you are taking AP tourism boat, try to occupy the last row. It has best view.  

• By travel.rtc
      *** Even Though this Travel is done back in march ,  by Sleeper Bus and Flight - I think its eligible to get into this Section as I would post pictures  of Road and Few Places of interest. ***

Well The Most Asked Question either in ID whatsApp or Facebook  - Which Route is Best from Hyderabad to Goa and Back.
       -- Teaser Pic

This was done in March and my friend  had to attend an Meeting in Goa - He booked ticket for me But I have  missed out the flight from Hyderabad became blessing in disguise .
       I have booked  VRL travels Sleeper coach Bus to reach Goa the Next day where I could enjoy the journey and being a road enthusiast I preferred sitting in Cabin and Enjoy instead of the sleeper Berth - somehow i felt the sleeper berth cramp and bumpy 
      Bus was scheduled at 19:00 hrs Departure and boarding was at Lakdikapul , where a mini bus took all of us to Aaramgarh , Reached Aaramgarh by 19:00 , but had to wait about half-an hour for the Bus to arrive   .
                      Bus was almost Full and it is due to they have adjusted passengers who booked AC  Seater bus into here   - Where as I have paid 1700+ for sleeper Bus and people who booked 800Rs Ticket were fortunate enough to get into sleeper Bus
      - Picked up a passenger in between , near Shamshabad and slowly Bus picked up and reached a Dhaba Near Jadcherla  for Dinner Break - I had food packed from home and as per fellow passengers food was pathetic and hotel was just OK.
      -- Bu Stared from Jadcherla and took Mahabubnagar road  and below route was taken
        MahabubNagar - Raichur - Madgal - BagalKot- Belgaum - ChorlaGhat - Goa
      -- Below was the Road condition
      Hyderabad - MahabubNagar : Road was Good
      MahabubNagar - Raichur : Road works were on then and little diversions too
      Raichur - Madgal - Bagalkot : Its double road and we have to get down whenever an bigger vehicle or 4 wheeler came from opposite end  and Needless to say while in Karnataka Expect many speed breakers too ..
      Bagalkot - Belgaum : Road was good .. Reached early in the Morning - Hence it was easy to cross Belgaum

Belgaum to Start of the Ghat Road - it was double road and being early morning there was some truck traffic and also travel buses reaching Belgaum , Many people were doing walking /jogging by the side of the road and seen some people doing Yoga too  
      Needs to be careful while driving at the stretch
      --- Once reaching the start of the Ghat Bus has stopped at decent Hotel for Bio Break and it was around 6:00 A:M in the Morning.
      It took around 3 hours to reach Goa [Private Buses Parking Yard] as road was through Ghats  , Some rural villages and little delay at check posts - Being Morning time encountered little traffic reaching Goa ]

Stayed a Hotel Govia Homes Near Candolim Beach - Hotel was home stay kind and had good swimming pool - Able to tour only Candolim and Baga Beaches and a guided tour with mini bus provided 
       All beaches that i have toured were well maintained maximum care is taken to avoid plastic - even though boozing is not allowed at sea shore near by Beaches but i could see few people doing that 

Goa is Pretty costly and Bargain is the funda works here - never hesitate to bargain if you are shopping in the shops road by and Near beaches too
      Food is pathetic and costly especially people from Telangana and Andhra would find food not so good , me being vegetarian has less options to chose and my friends who took non veg said its pathetic and not for spice lovers ..I have seen few people from TS and AP getting Induction stoves and cooking as they found food very very waste in taste .

-- I think there is very much to explore in Goa Beyond Beaches and Booze , something that always pulls back to the place may be its weather , people  or its picturesque locations and Beautiful Beaches   - that might be the reason people  always wants to make it despite of the hard roads and other reasons like cost and stay options - There is always something more left to explore in Goa as per the conversations with people and foreigners who were visiting for nth time who are always finding a new place and Goa wears  different colors accordingly to the different seasons

• Our picks