India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

vivekv8

Hyderabad to Nagpur Road Trip

I am planning to do a road trip to Nagpur from Gachibowli, Hyderabad. Planning to start early morning from Hyderabad.

How is the current condition of the road from Adilabad to Hinganghat as previously it was not good. Also, please suggest any good spots for food.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vivekv8 said:

It helped me with much detailed description of road and food options

Great to know, please provide us the update on this stretch once you complete your trip to help us all with latest information. Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

On 7/30/2019 at 11:24 AM, vivekv8 said:

Thank You for the link. It helped me with much detailed description of road and food options.

Do share the latest road condition status and your food stopover location details. 

• Like 2

Hi Guys,

I am new to India-Drive. Wasn't aware about this wonderful website.

I would like to know your suggestions for Hyderabad to Nagpur drive, like how much time it will take, decent stops ( as I am travelling with family), Fuel stations and as I will driving from Bengaluru, on the way which place , after Hyderabad , I can stop for night halt.

I am planning to start by morning 5:00 AM from Bengaluru in Swift with limited stops.

Awaiting your valuable suggestions.

Thanks,

Dhananjay

Edited by Dhananjay
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dhananjay said:

I am planning to start by morning 5:00 AM from Bengaluru in Swift with limited stops.

Are you planning to do it in a single day?

• Like 1

Hi Ranger,

I don't think it's possible to do in one day from BLR to NGP.

Thinking of taking halt at either HYD or Nizamabad. Both the places are new for me.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Dhananjay

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dhananjay said:

Thinking of taking halt at either HYD or Nizamabad. Both the places are new for me.

Avoid Nizamabad, take a halt at Hyderabad. 

Start early in the morning from Hyderabad. 
You can take accommodation close to ORR (Gachibowli)

Bangalore to Hyderabad roads are excellent. 
Hyderabad to Adilabad is top notch. 
Adilabad to Nagpur is average, you will find some sections filled with potholes, but the entire road is 4-lane.

If it is a leisure trip, you can visit Kuntala waterfalls at Adilabad. Flow is average. But it is worth a visit. 

Hyderabad to Nagpur has limited food/washroom options.  Specially, between Nizamabad to Nagpur. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your valuable suggestion, Ranger.😊

Its really useful.

After reading someother post in this forum only, I thought will halt at Nizamabad.

But, after your post, I think I will do a break journey at HYD itself.

Once again thanks.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dhananjay said:

Once again thanks.

Do update us once you are done with the trip. 
Drive safe and all the best for your trip. 

22 minutes ago, Dhananjay said:

I thought will halt at Nizamabad.

You can also halt at Nizamabad, but you wont gain much. 
If you have any time constraint you can still consider Nizamabad.

Since you are already taking two days, why not do it leisurely.
Also you can find plenty of accommodations around Gachibowli, compared to Nizamabad. 

You can also consider staying in Kompally. It will be easy for you to get out of city. 
Once you enter Hyderabad, take ORR and exit at Kompally. No need to go through city traffic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

Once you enter Hyderabad, take ORR and exit at Kompally. No need to go through city traffic. 

Kandlakoy / Medchal Exit, there are no decent stay options here in this zone (Not for families at least) @Ranger Instead like you said best bet for @Dhananjay would be to halt around Gachibowli, take ORR again next day early morning and exit through Medchal exit and proceed towards Adilabad - Nagpur!!

But the best possible itinerary would be halting at Hyderabad instead of Nizamabad so that you have plenty of options for decent stays / Breakfast joints and you will actually reach Adilabad for Lunch with current road conditions between Hyderabad - Adilabad.

Please do update us once you are done with the trip!

Happy and Safe Driving!! Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Actually my complete trip is till Bhopal. So, I thought of covering as much distance possible on day one and avoid night drive. Keeping this in mind, I thought of staying at Nizamabad as I heard after that there is no good place to stay at night with family. And, I am not sure, if , I will be able to cover BLR -> NGP in single day even though I start at 5:00 AM from BLR. 

Still, I think if I can reach HYD by or before 1:00 PM, I will try to continue till NGP same day. But, not sure if its possible and doable.

BLR -> HYD is 600 KM app and HYD ->NGP is 500 KM app. 1100 km in single day looks too optimistic :) with single driver (thats me ). From NGP, my brother will join and will take over.

• Like 1

If you are planning to do it in two days, you need to push till Nizamabad. 
But the stay options are average and limited.

Once you cross Nagpur, roads deteriorate a lot. Very time consuming. 
Also lack of proper food joints is a concern. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.