India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

vivekv8

Hyderabad to Nagpur Road Trip

15 hours ago, PranavPandey said:

Hi guys,
I am planning to do a road trip from hyderabad to nagpur. We will start around 5 AM . How is the road condition ? Also, will there be fog in the morning ?

Roads are good, except for few patches after Adilabad. 
Chances of Fog are high in winter. 

Plan you food breaks in advance. Very limited food options. 

• Like 2

Yes, as suggested by Ranger, road till Adilabad is superb, but you need to be utmost careful after Kelapur toll, this is the only toll which will charge you Rs 35 INR (just to indicate you that bad roads are starting from there as you wont find any name there :) ). Road is pathetic there for 30-40 km stretch and while returning its even more pathetic, so plan this stretch during day time. After and Before this stretch you will enjoy the drive.

Regarding food outlets: Almost nothing is available on the way.

Fog: It could be there b'use of winter. I traveled in October and didnt experience fog at that time.

Thanks,

Dhananjay

• Like 3

Guest Sunil

Hi Friends,

I have planned a Bangalore to Kanpur drive in early Feb 2020.

I read through many threads and almost done with BLR - Nagpur stretch.

Question is on Nagpur - Kanpur stretch.

Any suggestions/precautions to be taken ?

regards

Sunil

On 12/18/2019 at 12:48 PM, Ranger said:

Roads are good, except for few patches after Adilabad. 
Chances of Fog are high in winter. 

Plan you food breaks in advance. Very limited food options. 

Hi Pranav,

Did you complete your trip. 

If yes, could you please update on the current road condition, specially between Adilabad and Nagpur.

Thanks,

Dhananjay

• Like 3

On 12/18/2019 at 10:12 PM, Dhananjay said:

Almost nothing is available on the way.

Food options are very limited in this area, specially when we drive along with family, finding a decent food joint is up hill task. 

Thank you for the update. 

17 hours ago, Dhananjay said:

specially between Adilabad and Nagpur.

Don't expect any drastic improvement.
This road work is pending from the past one decade. 

Sad affairs! 

Plan your food spots in advance. Carry water and energy bars. 

• Like 2

Guest Ravi kumar

Thanks a lot for the information. Iam traveling on 23rd February from Nagpur to Hyderabad, I will start morning 8am.

Thanks a lot for the information. Iam traveling on 23rd February from Nagpur to Hyderabad, I will start morning 8am.

I had completed the trip on 25thFeb the road is awesome. 

• Like 2

On 3/3/2020 at 12:04 AM, Ravipatil said:

I had completed the trip on 25thFeb the road is awesome. 

Thank you for the update. Any bad patches?

• Like 1

All,

I am planning for drive from Bangalore to Jharsuguda(Odisha) (Via Hyderabad - Nagpur - Durg). Its little urgent and dont want to take option of flight because of COVID19. Even though domestic travel is not so risky but i have to come back as well and at that time how the situation will be i am not sure about.

I am well aware of Bangalore - Hyderabad as yearly  4-5 trips i do. But never driven Hyderabad to Nagpur. I would like to know how this stretch is, if i plan to start from Hyderabad early morning 4 AM.

Could you please share if you have recent experience or otherwise as well.

• Like 1

Now the Kelapur toll road is built, it's 4 lane now, I had travelled in the month end of February, 

Once you cross Maharashtra rto, be careful after 15 to kms at the bridge near tippeshwar tiger sanctuary gate, there is uneven bridge, you will get sudden deep down at the bridge. 

Once you approach hinganghat there will be few diversions. 

I had reached in 7 hours from Hyderabad to Nagpur.

• Like 1

Thanks Ravi for the update.

for the same section , when I traveled in November 2019, I logged a public grievance too and got the update from MORTH few days back, that road is re-laid.

Requesting all of you, if you experience bad on toll road please log public grievance online.

This is the reply , i got from them . Not sure if you can open this link, but try:

https://pgportal.gov.in/Status/ViewStatusClickLink/D2867E0509A729B453EFB2A2626C720FB2739051003FC1EAD69E1FBB1E7D1A497440D385F215768B130206B6D278FC74718E7A849866FEB42D8331E2759A1415TU9SVEgvRS8yMDE5LzA2MzMyICA=

Thanks,

Dhananjay

• Like 1

Hi. 

I'm planning for a trip from Bengaluru to Nagpur in May aftr the lockdown is lifted... Travelling with family and am the single driver.. 

I'm planning to do a night halt at hyderabad and complete trip in two days.. 

Can anyone please update on the latest road conditions, driving time, halt n food tips and any other significant aspects...

Thanks in anticipation... 

• Like 1

Hi Lipun,

Based upon the recent updates in the forum, road condition is good.

Food points: From BLR - HYD you wont find any issue, but HYD to NGP is kind of deserted. Forget about good hotel or road side eatery , you wont even see a tea shop.

I covered this stretch in Last October in the evening time, not sure if everything was closed by then. You need to plan your trip accordingly.  Or you need to detour some 15-20 km from NH44 to go to towns (like Nizamabad, Adilabad) on the way for proper food.I would suggest keep some ready to eat stuff with you and start as early as possible from HYD , by this you will reach NGP (close to 7 -8 hours drive) by lunch time and will be able to avoid afternoon drive, which will be difficult in May.

Fuel: You wont find any problem for refueling your vehicle, but try to get refueled in HYD and topup around Adilabad. in this case you will be good untill NGP. (I am not sure which vehicle you have.).

Have a safe drive.

Thanks,

Dhananjay

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.