India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

ADITYAAA

Hyderabad to Goa by road + stop by's check out spots

Here's my query regarding the road trip from Hyderabad to Goa in a car.
I need suggestions of the routes and any stop by places or spots to visit.  

Helpfully with food places to have breakfast, lunch and dinner ( which probably may be in Goa)  and since this will be in July 2019
I need some latest suggestions please.

TIA

• Like 3

1. Start from BHEL jn towards Zaheerabad, Humnabad

2. Stop at Lumbini's Grand Hotel , Gulbarga.> Distance covered =198km Time= 3hr-35 min 

3. Stop at Qaswa hills restaurant, vijaypura > Distance covered= 148 km Time= 3 hr-00min  [ Total distance= 346 Total Time= 6 hr- 35 min ]

4. Stop at  Saffron Vegetarian Cuisine, Belgaum > Distance covered= 216 km Time=4 hr - 25 min  [ Total distance= 562 Total Time = 11 hr ]

5. Reach at our favourite Beach destination[North Goa] emoji4.png >  Distance covered= 116 km Time=3 hr - 00 min  [ Total distance= 678 Total Time = 14 hr ]

This gives you rest room/chai/lunch/dinner/stretch breaks every 3-4 hours. I personally would start at 3 .AM and plan to reach by 4 P.M abouts[above timings are google baba's and pretty conservative] 

https://maps.app.goo.gl/2EqHCs1zx7fv56RF6

Here is the latest plan shared by @SURYAVAMSI

Very detailed and informative. 

• Like 3

how is it through this :

Hyderabad → Mahabubnagar → Kurnool → Ballari → Hospet → Hubli → Dharwad → Goa

1 hour ago, Ranger said:

Here is the latest plan shared by @SURYAVAMSI

Very detailed and informative. 

• Like 1

how is it through this :  

Hyderabad → Mahabubnagar → Kurnool → Ballari → Hospet → Hubli → Dharwad → Goa

This apparently used to be the preferred route 2 to 3 years back but now there have been multiple reports of bad speed breakers once you get off the Bangalore highway. 

Also, now that the Mumbai highway is complete till humnabad , access to 4 lane toll road is for almost the same number of kms on both routes. So id say go through Gulbarga .

( Note: Iv been through Raichur route only till Hampi. I have always been to Pune /Goa through Gulbarga and though single road after humnabad, quality of road is definitely better )

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Shekar
      I did not travelled for three months and the traveller in side me is thirsty.
      Few plans to West Maharastra and Goa with friends did not materialised.

I had also planned a trip to Chitrakote falls with family friends but they were afraid of travelling in Chattisgarh.
      It was late night of 27th July, 2018 Friday and I was desperate to go to some place.
      I asked my wife and son Shall we go to Chitrakote Waterfalls? They said yes.

Rough route plan was with me. No bookings for night stay made. 

Got up early on 28-07-2018 Saturday and started from Home by 5.30 AM and reached Warangal by 7.30 AM.

I know the route up to Eturunagaram before Bhogatha and I know very well that once we cross Warangal,
      it is difficult to get any food. So we had Breakfast at Hotel Ashoka, Hanmakonda, once my favorite. Entered in to Mulugu road (from here entire roads are 2 lane) by 8.30 AM. 

Our original thought was to come back in the same route from Chitrakote but it proved wrong.
      Initially we thought of seeing Bhogatha falls in return journey so as to reach Chitrakote early.
      By 10.30 we were at Bhogatha Falls cross road and its only 1 Km from there. We thought lets have a look without wasting much time.

It proved to be good decision. 

• Our picks