India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

PareshBhinde

Hyderabad Goa Family trip

Question

Friends,

This is my first post in this group and I am really looking for learning and sharing experience from/with the group, thanks!

I am planning for Hyderabad Goa trip in first week of June with my wife and son. I will be staying in Palolem. I have already gone through the route info and Will follow that strictly. 

I have Wagon R LXI- 2011 Model and it is in good condition. Is it a good idea to travel this long route on this Car ? 

Please suggest anything I have to consider before planning this trip. Any suggestions/replies are highly appreciated.

• Like 2

7 answers to this question

11 hours ago, PareshBhinde said:

Friends,

This is my first post in this group and I am really looking for learning and sharing experience from/with the group, thanks!

I am planning for Hyderabad Goa trip in first week of June with my wife and son. I will be staying in Palolem. I have already gone through the route info and Will follow that strictly. 

I have Wagon R LXI- 2011 Model and it is in good condition. Is it a good idea to travel this long route on this Car ? 

Please suggest anything I have to consider before planning this trip. Any suggestions/replies are highly appreciated.

@PareshBhinde you can do it in WagonR without any issues as long as you have got your car thoroughly checked before travel at the service center / your mechanic. Try to start early in the morning to avoid city traffic and reach early, avoid driving late in the night since you are traveling with Family! I am that last minute Goa plan drop due to one of the friend not turning up batch guy and hence will let our fellow members to give you more suggestions on "In Goa" updates!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[mention=594]Sridhar Tandra[/mention] Thanks for your valuable inputs.. Can I cover the full distance in a day if I start at 4AM in the morning , or I should break the journey and next day I should proceed ? 
You should be able to cover the distance in a day and reach by evening as per the latest route updates by our fellow members. It should be around 10-12 hours which means you will reach Goa before or by sunset

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

On 5/17/2019 at 11:40 AM, PareshBhinde said:

I just noticed that Panaji-Belgavi route is closed for some reason on Google maps. Anybody have any current update pls ? 

Take the following route. 
Even though it is longer, it is better compared to other routes.

Hyderabad -> Zaheerabad -> Humnabad -> Kalaburgai -> Vijaypura -> Bagalkot -> Belgavi -> Baga 

Don't take mollem route. 

If you stay around Baga on the day of arrival, you can save some time . (1~2 hours) 

On 5/12/2019 at 10:19 AM, Sridhar Tandra said:

around 10-12 hours

Very difficult to do it under 10-12 hours. 
Since he is driving down to Colva. 

It will take minimum 15 hours to cover the distance. 

How many days you are planning the trip? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sridhar Tandra said:

This is the expert opinion I say! I am still an unfortunate Goa planning batch wonly!! 

I think it may be possible for people like you and Aritray. (on a beast mode 24x7)
But for regular drivers it will take minimum 13~14 hours. 

• Haha 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th