India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Bhushan

Hyderabad to Shirdi road condition 2019

Hi,

Want to know about road conditions from Hyderabad to Shirdi.
Which route should I take?

Please guide, Thank you.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Bhushan said:

Which route should I take?

There are multiple route to Shiridi.
Would suggest you take following route

Hyderabad > Zaheerabad > Naldurg > Tuljapur > Bhoom > Ahmednagar > Shiridi

Hyderabad to Naldurg is excellent 4-lane section

Naldurg to Ahmednagar is single lane

Ahmednagar to Shiridi is 4-lane section

Roads between Naldurg to Ahmednagar is not so great. 
Plan to start very early in the morning. So that you can reach your destination by evening. 
Since first section is 4-lane, you can cover good amount of distance early in the morning. 

• Like 1

I do this trip at least once in a year and taken up most of the available routes in all these years. Now from past few years I am taking up following route:

Hyderabad -> Zaheerabad -> Solapur (Take Bypass) -> Mohol->Tembhurni (from here take right turn towards Karmala) -> Karmala -> Ahmednagar -> Ghodeygaon -> Shani Singnapur -> Shirdi 

We start from Hyderabad (KPHB) around 4 AM and reach Shirdi by evening 6 PM. We stop at Shani Signapur for darshan while going and it takes around 1 hr in total, other than that almost 1.5 hours break for breakfast and lunch.

Road Conditions:

Hyderabad to Solapur: Out of ~290 KM's last 90 KM's towards Solapur is not in good shape

Solapur Bypass to Tembhurni: Excellent 4/6 lane road

Tembhurni to Karmala: Good roads 

Karmala to Ahmed Nagar: Good roads

as advised even in previous thread, please start as early as you can.

Another Important Point: If you reach Shirdi by 6 PM then check-in to a Hotel, fresh-up and then go for Darshan around 08:30pm/9pm, trust me you don't need any special passes for darshan during this time, we do this all the times and come out of the temple within 30 mins after Darshan. Most buses reaches there early morning and that when it becomes crowded and takes hours to get darshan.

Hope this helps, update this thread once you are back from your trip. 

Edited by Kam
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2019 at 6:19 PM, Kam said:

Thanks much for your valuable inputs @Kam. This surely helps. 

last 90 KM's towards Solapur is not in good shape

As per the recent update we received, about 50 to 60 kms of work is still pending which is running at a very slow pace. 

Do share your latest feedback on the recent road status of this road. 

Thanks in advance :) 

• Like 3

Hi all

Just came from shirdi, yesterday night. I have to say the stretch up to Tuljapur turn, was excelleNt barring few stretches from him nabad yo Tuljapur as construction of four lane is in full swing.

But after that the road conditions have to say below average as there are many potholes, and it will definitely drains ones energy like anything. This stretch is almost 140km which is just not alright.

On my way back decided to avoid this hence took bit of longer route via pune and it's just awesome. From solapur to humnabad the construction of 4 lane is in full swing and it's in patches and the service road ghat has been laid is above average. Ic one doesn't mind driving an addl. 140kms then I suggest to ho this route. As I don't see anywhere near future the stretch of Tuljapur to Shirdi will be a 4 lane forget that even a proper two lane highway (with enough room for vehicles to ply ). If the potholes are sorted then definitely one can enjoy this route.

• Like 2

Guest Umakanth Jadav

Hi all,

Any idea about road condition of route from Tuljapur ---> Beed ----> Aurangabad ----> Shiridi?

On 5/13/2019 at 8:31 AM, pmula1974 said:

Just came from shirdi, yesterday night. I have to say the stretch up to Tuljapur turn, was excelleNt barring few stretches from him nabad yo Tuljapur as construction of four lane is in full swing.

Thank you for the update. 
Road from Hyderabad to Goa and Shiridi are very complicated and messy. 

• Like 1

Guest Ravikiran g

I do this trip at least once in a year and taken up most of the available routes in all these years. Now from past few years I am taking up following route:

Hyderabad -> Zaheerabad -> Solapur (Take Bypass) -> Mohol->Tembhurni (from here take right turn towards Karmala) -> Karmala -> Ahmednagar -> Ghodeygaon -> Shani Singnapur -> Shirdi 

We start from Hyderabad (KPHB) around 4 AM and reach Shirdi by evening 6 PM. We stop at Shani Signapur for darshan while going and it takes around 1 hr in total, other than that almost 1.5 hours break for breakfast and lunch.

Road Conditions:

Hyderabad to Solapur: Out of ~290 KM's last 90 KM's towards Solapur is not in good shape

Solapur Bypass to Tembhurni: Excellent 4/6 lane road

Tembhurni to Karmala: Good roads 

Karmala to Ahmed Nagar: Good roads

as advised even in previous thread, please start as early as you can.

Another Important Point: If you reach Shirdi by 6 PM then check-in to a Hotel, fresh-up and then go for Darshan around 08:30pm/9pm, trust me you don't need any special passes for darshan during this time, we do this all the times and come out of the temple within 30 mins after Darshan. Most buses reaches there early morning and that when it becomes crowded and takes hours to get darshan.

Dear all, we are just back from the Shirdi trip.. had followed this same.. journey is wonderful with baba grace.. we have started from Kondapur 4 am and reached Shirdi 4 pm.  Which includes 1 hr tiffin and 1hr shanisignapur Swamy dharshan.. road conditions are good except shanisignapur to Shirdi.. 

For the best route in current traffic visit https://goo.gl/maps/MxrrufBhc4UuGpz3

Thank you @Kam only that last 90km stretch of Sholapur is not so good.. remaining route from Karnala to Ahmednagar has patches but not pathholes..

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 8:01 PM, Guest Ravikiran g said:

For the best route in current traffic visit https://goo.gl/maps/MxrrufBhc4UuGpz3

Thank you @Kam only that last 90km stretch of Sholapur is not so good.. remaining route from Karnala to Ahmednagar has patches but not pathholes..

Thanks a lot for updating us back on the current road status of this stretch ravi kiran. Please do share some pictures if you have any.. :) Will surely be more helpful..

• Like 2

On 5/14/2019 at 4:25 PM, Guest Umakanth Jadav said:

Hi all,

Any idea about road condition of route from Tuljapur ---> Beed ----> Aurangabad ----> Shiridi?

Tuljapur to Beed is excellent ......You will enjoy like driving from Hyderbad to Bangalore..... After BEED ...around 20km is still good towards aurangabad where I used to take a left turn towards MIRI-PATHARDI to Shirdi.  Thereafter I am not sure how the road is up to AURANGABAD.

For sure avoid AURANGABAD to SHIRDI ...It will be nightmare....However the road construction is going on ..So we can expect this stretch to be perfect in coming years.

• Like 1

Hi All 

One Of my Friend did Hyderabad - Tulzapur & While Return he did via Sholapur Akkalkot and Gulbarga Hyderabad   over weekend June 8th and 9th 2019

Here is the update 

Hyderabad to Tulzapur Road condition update: 

•  Road is Excellent till Omerga(MH border) - Many diversions till Naldurg... as usual road still needs to be improved
  •  Naldurg  to   Tulzapur route is good.
  •  Tulzapur to solapur is Excellent
  •  Solapur to Akkalkot- many diversions and potholes 
  •  Akkalkot to Gulbarga.. road is Excellent  did a detour and visited Ghangapur Sri kshetra 
  •  Gulbarga to Hyderabad via Humnabad is awesome

-- While Going Stopped at GuruDeep Dhaba Before Basavakalyan  Near  By Engineering College

https://goo.gl/maps/LjbFkjZdAdkhbrXs7 

Food is Good But Ambience is minimal as it is very popular for the students of the engineering college But Dhaba owner is very friendly.

Food Options are Very less to No for Sholapur - Akkalkot - Gulbarga route 

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-10 at 10.47.54 PM (1).jpeg

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th