India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

SK01

Road Trip to Leh From Hyderabad

3 hours ago, SK01 said:

if it’s really risky or safe to take a self drive car to the Himalayas considering the taxi unions

Problem is not present in entire Himalayas. 
Only Leh has issues with self drive. 

Only options:
- Drive your car all the way from Hyderabad, it will be a trip of your life time. You need to earn it.

- Take a flight like every other regular tourist and hire a cab. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SK01 said:

Please share the contact. Also please let me know if it’s really risky or safe to take a self drive car to the Himalayas considering the taxi unions . 

I shall PM you once your itinerary is fixed after I ask him for his free dates during your travel.. Also, I wouldn't recommend you the self drive car if you are doing it via Srinagar considering the unpredictable risk involved with the taxi unions.

• Like 2

On 4/16/2019 at 7:27 AM, SK01 said:

A taxi? Or else a guide who comes along with us in our car? 

Don't take a guide, plan well in advance. The whole point of visiting Himalayas with your family/friends is to spend quality time.  

I am not saying that taking a guide makes things bad but IMO it is not required. 

Drive your car and plan well in advance. Nothing beats the confidence you build specially when you do things on our own.  

All the best for your drive, hope it turns out to be life time adventure. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ranger said:

Drive your car all the way from Hyderabad, it will be a trip of your life time. You need to earn it.

5 hours ago, karthik said:

All the best for your drive, hope it turns out to be life time adventure. 

Yes definitely a life time adventure but unfortunately we had to cancel the road trip during the last moment since my father can't afford to take 20 days leave. However, we are planning by flight till Srinagar and then by taxi referred by @sagar

Hopefully we do it next year, everything happens for our good... I'll also have the opportunity to see the roads before I myself drive there...

However, canceling this at the last moment is really saddening to me😢

Main reason behind this plan is I wanted to take my car somewhere really far, wanted to do a really big road trip. Taking a flight will definitely not satisfy me, though the mesmerising beauty will make me happy. Confused between Leh and road trip to some far away wildlife sanctuary. Anyway I have a week's time, will see if I can take my car on another road trip (800kms approx one way) which wouldn't take these many days or else will plan for Leh. 

Edited by SK01
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, SK01 said:

the road trip during the last moment since my father can't afford to take 20 days leave

I think, if you are doing by flight from Hyderabad to Srinagar, you can comfortably do this full trip in about 7 to 8 days :) .. You can still choose to do it this year. Before you attain the experience in driving through the mountains ridges and the offroad tracks, you will know the routes to handle and work on your confidence levels.. I would recommend you to go for it this year :) 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th