India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

1 minute ago, sagar said:

Hi @SVVP, you can stick to the route below

Hyderabad --> Narketpally --> Mirayalaguda --> Piduguralla ---> Addanki --> Ongole--> Nellore --> Gudur -->Tirupati

I would recommend you to start before 6 AM in the morning so that you can reach Tirupati by 5 PM. You can stop by for lunch at Hotel Vivera or NH5 Food Plaza in Narketpally  

@sagar Thank you!!! :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SVVP said:

Hyderabad --> Narketpally --> Mirayalaguda --> Piduguralla ---> Addanki --> Ongole--> Nellore -->Tirupati     Is this NAM Express Highway? Do we have enough gas stations and what would be the traveling hrs?

Hello SVVP,

Yes it is NAM EXPRESS HIGHWAY.....and it is  very very good with less traffic with minor toll amounts.  After crossing ADANKI , you  need to take a right turn  where you will meet VIJAYAWADA-CHENNAI HIGHWAY  which is excellent till CHENNAI.  If I remember well, You will find diversion to TIRUPATI  after GUDUR.  Till TIRUPATI  diversion , it is all the way 4 lane from HYDERABAD.

You should be able to reach TIRUPATI max by 12 hrs to 13hrs in a relax drive.

Even I am planning around 3rd week of APRIL as well.....😃😃😃

Thanks

BORNDRIVER

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SVVP said:

Hyderabad --> Narketpally --> Mirayalaguda --> Piduguralla ---> Addanki --> Ongole--> Nellore -->Tirupati     Is this NAM Express Highway? Do we have enough gas stations and what would be the traveling hrs?

Yes it is NAM expressway. 
It has few options but not at regular intervals. 
Very few limited food options on this section. 

Plan a food/fuel stopover either at Narketpally  or at Ongole. 

-Hotel Vivera, Narketpally

-Hotel N5 Food Plaza (after NAM)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SVVP said:

NAM to an extent is a good 4 lane highway which meets the Kolkata - Chennai (NH16) expressway near Medarametla. I will not call it an Express Highway as there are lots of villages enroute till you hit the NH16 and it will not be easy to maintain good speeds. I did this route in Oct 2017 and back then I had reached in less than 8 hours (I did some spirited driving as I had a timeline to honor). I suggest you start early (5/5:30AM) so that you enjoy your early morning drive. Breakfast at Hotel Vivera and then aim for lunch at Tangutur - Hotel N5 Food Plaza. You should take a diversion from Naidupeta towards Tirupati. There are many gas stations so it won't be a worry. The one I stopped to refuel was at a large IOCL fuel station before Tangutur. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SVVP said:

Yes, You will be doing the NAM expressway.. There are a good number of gasoline stations in this route and if you are asking about gas, I am not sure about it... You would probably take about 12 hours including the break time

• Like 1

While going to Tirupathi via NAM express way, one can visit Wadapalli Just before entering in to AP before crossing Krishna River. It is confluence of Musi and Krishna. There are two ancient temples, Meenakshi Agasteswara and Laxmi Narsimha Swami. Both are worth a visit and it will not take more than an hour including detour of very small distance from main road. Diversion is opposite to India Cements (Earlier Raasi Cements). 

I did this drive including visiting Wadapalli and Srikalhasti and reached Tirupathi in 13 Hrs including all breaks. 

Edited by Shekar
  • Like 2

Wadapally being at the confluence or sangam of the two rivers have continued to attract tourists. They come to view the unique ‘L’ shape formed by the rivers which join at this point and continue to flow together. The Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy temple, the famous temple in Wadapally stands at the mouth of this confluence. There is a legend which goes to explain the origin of the temple. Vyasa Bhagwan , the great sage, prayed to Lord Vishnu to appear in Wadapally. Vishnu pleased with his penance appeared before him in the form of Narasimha having just killed Hiranyakashyapa and still fuming in rage from the effects of the battle. Vyasa requests him to stay in Wadapally in the form of Narasimha to which Vishnu obliged. Therefore the Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple bears the ferocious form of Vishnu as Narasimha who blesses devotees and alleviates their problems. To establish the truth behind the legend, the temple authorities have adopted a unique method. They have placed two lamps next to the idol of the Narasimha Swamy Temple. One of the lamps is seen to flicker to indicate the heavy breathing of the fuming and enraged god while the other lamp remains steady.

The other famous temple located in Wadapally is the Sri Meenakshi Agasteswara Swamy temple. This was built under the Kakatiya rulers in the 12th century. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and has a huge Shiva lingam within its premises which is around 6000 years old. It is said that this lingam was installed by the great sage Agastya. A unique feature of the temple which attracts a large number of tourists is the presence of a large crevice above the Shiva lingam. This crevice is always filled with water no matter how much of it is removed, the water level remains unchanged. The source of this continuous supply of water remains unexplained since the Shiva Lingam is placed almost 120 feet above water level. It is logic defying events such as these that strengthens faith in the minds and hearts of devotees.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2019 at 9:49 PM, Shekar said:

Wadapally being at the confluence or sangam of the two rivers have continued to attract tourists. They come to view the unique ‘L’ shape formed by the rivers which join at this point and continue to flow together. The Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy temple, the famous temple in Wadapally stands at the mouth of this confluence. There is a legend which goes to explain the origin of the temple. Vyasa Bhagwan , the great sage, prayed to Lord Vishnu to appear in Wadapally. Vishnu pleased with his penance appeared before him in the form of Narasimha having just killed Hiranyakashyapa and still fuming in rage from the effects of the battle. Vyasa requests him to stay in Wadapally in the form of Narasimha to which Vishnu obliged. Therefore the Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple bears the ferocious form of Vishnu as Narasimha who blesses devotees and alleviates their problems. To establish the truth behind the legend, the temple authorities have adopted a unique method. They have placed two lamps next to the idol of the Narasimha Swamy Temple. One of the lamps is seen to flicker to indicate the heavy breathing of the fuming and enraged god while the other lamp remains steady.

The other famous temple located in Wadapally is the Sri Meenakshi Agasteswara Swamy temple. This was built under the Kakatiya rulers in the 12th century. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and has a huge Shiva lingam within its premises which is around 6000 years old. It is said that this lingam was installed by the great sage Agastya. A unique feature of the temple which attracts a large number of tourists is the presence of a large crevice above the Shiva lingam. This crevice is always filled with water no matter how much of it is removed, the water level remains unchanged. The source of this continuous supply of water remains unexplained since the Shiva Lingam is placed almost 120 feet above water level. It is logic defying events such as these that strengthens faith in the minds and hearts of devotees.

Hello Shekar,

Thank you so much for sharing and will keep a note of this while visiting Tirupati. 

Where exactly we need to take exit ? after Ongole/nellore/adanki ? 

I tried to search in Google map but unable to locate.

Regards

BORNDRIVER

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BORNDRIVER said:

Hello Shekar,

Thank you so much for sharing and will keep a note of this while visiting Tirupati. 

Where exactly we need to take exit ? after Ongole/nellore/adanki ? 

I tried to search in Google map but unable to locate.

Regards

BORNDRIVER

If you are asking for an exit from NH 16 to Tirupati, it is after Nellore at Naidu peta

• Like 1

No Shekar  I am asking how to go to  Wadapalli  while travelling to TIRUPATI in NAM HIGHWAY. I mean where to take exit from NAM HIGHWAY to Wadapalli.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BORNDRIVER said:

No Shekar  I am asking how to go to  Wadapalli  while travelling to TIRUPATI in NAM HIGHWAY. I mean where to take exit from NAM HIGHWAY to Wadapalli.

Agasthyeswara Swamy Temple, Vadapalle
Mekala Banda Rd, Wazirabad, Telangana 508355
081063 88689
https://maps.google.com/?cid=8977868020648052638

• Like 1

This is after Mutyala guda and before Bridge on Krishna. Keep an eye on Right once the India cements compound wall starts.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 8:53 PM, Shekar said:

This is after Mutyala guda and before Bridge on Krishna. Keep an eye on Right once the India cements compound wall starts.

Hmm it is on Left when we are going from Hyderabad.

• Like 1

Friends ,

Planning for  a trip from HYDERABAD to TIRUPATI on 18th April and DARSHAN in 19th APRIL .

This will be my 2nd trip to TIRUPATI. The 1st one was when I was around 7 to 8 yr old, Now I am 38.😃 😃.

I went through the complete thread  

https://www.india-drive.com/index.php?/topic/66-hyderbad-to-tirupati-best-route/&page=5&tab=comments#comment-11334 "

The route is clear . Planning to go via NAM HIGHWAY and return via KADAPA to check the latest route condition via KADAPA.

I need couple of basic information as below.

1. When I checked in TTD website for SPECIAL ENTRY DARSHAN ticket ( Rs. 300) , the online quota is not available till end of APRIL . Is there any otherway to get ticket for SPECIAL ENTRY DARSHAN ? 

2. As per google, I am Planning to go to TTD information centre near "Balaji Bhavan Opp Stanza complex, Domalguda Rd, Gagan

Mahal, Liberty Circle, Hyderabad, Telangana 500029, India" to check If I can get the SPECIAL ENTRY DRARSHAN ticket .

3. We need to stay in TIRUPATI or TIRUMALA  and what are the budget accommodation  options available in both places ?

4. I guess TTD must have lot of accommodation options in TIRUPATI or TIRUMALA . Can they be booked online ?  Both AC/NON-AC rooms are available ?

Please help if possible.

Regards

BORNDRIVER

• Like 2

On 4/2/2019 at 12:12 PM, BORNDRIVER said:

Hello SVVP,

Yes it is NAM EXPRESS HIGHWAY.....and it is  very very good with less traffic with minor toll amounts.  After crossing ADANKI , you  need to take a right turn  where you will meet VIJAYAWADA-CHENNAI HIGHWAY  which is excellent till CHENNAI.  If I remember well, You will find diversion to TIRUPATI  after GUDUR.  Till TIRUPATI  diversion , it is all the way 4 lane from HYDERABAD.

You should be able to reach TIRUPATI max by 12 hrs to 13hrs in a relax drive.

Even I am planning around 3rd week of APRIL as well.....😃😃😃

Thanks

BORNDRIVER

@BORNDRIVER  Thank you :):)

• Like 2

Thanks to each and every one replied to me. I felt very happy to see so many folks trying to help and this is really great.  Many Thanks to All for your wonderful suggestions. I am planning in May. Hope I can share my experience and road conditions once I complete my trip. @BORNDRIVER Hope, u had a nice trip and darshan.

Edited by SVVP
typo.
  • Like 2

On 4/8/2019 at 9:13 PM, BORNDRIVER said:

Friends ,

Planning for  a trip from HYDERABAD to TIRUPATI on 18th April and DARSHAN in 19th APRIL .

This will be my 2nd trip to TIRUPATI. The 1st one was when I was around 7 to 8 yr old, Now I am 38.😃 😃.

I went through the complete thread  

https://www.india-drive.com/index.php?/topic/66-hyderbad-to-tirupati-best-route/&page=5&tab=comments#comment-11334 "

The route is clear . Planning to go via NAM HIGHWAY and return via KADAPA to check the latest route condition via KADAPA.

I need couple of basic information as below.

1. When I checked in TTD website for SPECIAL ENTRY DARSHAN ticket ( Rs. 300) , the online quota is not available till end of APRIL . Is there any otherway to get ticket for SPECIAL ENTRY DARSHAN ? 

2. As per google, I am Planning to go to TTD information centre near "Balaji Bhavan Opp Stanza complex, Domalguda Rd, Gagan

Mahal, Liberty Circle, Hyderabad, Telangana 500029, India" to check If I can get the SPECIAL ENTRY DRARSHAN ticket .

3. We need to stay in TIRUPATI or TIRUMALA  and what are the budget accommodation  options available in both places ?

4. I guess TTD must have lot of accommodation options in TIRUPATI or TIRUMALA . Can they be booked online ?  Both AC/NON-AC rooms are available ?

Please help if possible.

Regards

BORNDRIVER

Hi, How did the trip go? Did you return via the Kadapa - Kurnool route. If so, please let us know the latest road condition. Thanks!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.