India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Dear ALL,

I am planning to travel to tirupati from Hyderabad by in a automatic car.

Don't want to take bad roads. Can anyone please suggest the best route?

• Like 2

Hi

The current best route which you can opt to drive to Tirupati is by hitting the NH7 (Bangalore highway)

HYDERABAD - JADCHERLA - MAHBUBNAGAR - NANDYAL - KADAPA - TIRUPATHI .

Usually it takes around 9 to 10 hours of drive time to cover up 550 kms including a lunch break in between considering the highway traffic conditions. Have a safe drive :)

• Like 3

Sreeni,

Route given by sagar is the best route.

HYDERABAD - JADCHERLA - MAHBUBNAGAR -KURNOOL - NANDYAL - KADAPA - TIRUPATHI .

Hyderbad to Kurnool : 4-Lane toll route.

Kurnool to Nandyala : Pending road works but can be done easily.

Nandyala to Kadpa : 4-Lane road (almost finished and tolls are operational.)

Kadapa to Tirupati : 2- lane road. But road condition is excellent.

• Like 1

Guest Akshay

How is the below road condition from Hyderabad to Tirupati now?

Route: Hyderabad - Kurnool - Nandyal - Kadapa - Tirupati

Just now, Guest Akshay said:

How is the below road condition from Hyderabad to Tirupati now?

Route: Hyderabad - Kurnool - Nandyal - Kadapa - Tirupati

It is good, below route is the best route.

Hyderabad to Tirupati route:

Hyderabad --> Narketpally --> Mirayalaguda --> Piduguralla ---> Addanki --> Ongole--> Nellore -->Tirupati

It is completely 4-lane from Hyderabad to Nellore

https://www.india-drive.com/index.php?/topic/109-nam-express-way-review/&do=findComment&comment=1293

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Guest how is the route now said:

How is the route now, Any latest updates?

Road is pretty good.
You can take the NAM express way.

Hyderabad to Tirupati best route 2017:

Hyderabad --> Narketpally --> Mirayalaguda --> Piduguralla ---> Addanki --> Ongole--> Nellore --> Gudur -->Tirupati

Most of it 4-lane toll road.

Hyderabad to Narketpally : 4-lane : Road condition it excellent : Toll road
Narketpally to Ongole : 4-lane : Road condition is good : Toll road
Ongole to Gudur : mix of 4/6 lane : Road condition is good : Toll road

Gudur to Tirupati : Single lane : Average

Narketpally to Ongole has very few food options.
If you are starting from Hyderabad, early in the morning.

Breakfast stop at Narketpally : GPS : Hotel Vivera : https://goo.gl/maps/oYgVnFqNgAJ2
Lunch stop before Nellore : GPS : Hotel N5 food plaza : https://goo.gl/maps/LabRx7Sc8Rx

• Like 3

On 9/15/2017 at 3:21 PM, Guest how is the route now said:

How is the route now, Any latest updates?

It all depends on your starting point in Hyderabad. If you are starting from Dilshukhnagar, Uppal -> NAM express (no choice). Excellent road and shortest one.

If you are starting from Gachibowli, you have two options 1. via Kurnool 2. via NAM express

Hyderabad -> Kurnool is excellent. Kurnool to Nandyala -> Excellent new 4 lane road. Nandyala to Kadapa -> 4 lane road with on going work. Kadapa -> Tirupati pathetic 2 lane road.

Either way, the traveling time will be same

• Like 5

Hi!

I will be visiting Tirupati this weekend and plan to explore both the suggested routes.

My onward journey would be via Kurnool and Kadapa and I plan to do the NAM expressway in return journey.

Any suggestions for good restaurants around Kadapa for lunch would be really helpful. Thanks!  

• Like 4

Usually we take ring road.

If you want proper food options you should drive into the town.

@uday Can you update food options in Kadapa.

• Like 2

I know there are couple of dhabas near Alamkhanpalle. I might not have time to go into Kadapa so any suggestions around the ring road would help.

• Like 4

You can try AP tourism Haritha, it is available at the entrance of Kadapa.
Food and Place is decent, don't keep high expectations. 
Sharing the google maps link

https://goo.gl/maps/KdZpZwKipS82

12 hours ago, vinz said:

I might not have time to go into Kadapa

Kadapa is a small town, there will be around 10/15 minutes difference between ring road and Via town.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, uday said:

You can try AP tourism Haritha, it is available at the entrance of Kadapa.
Food and Place is decent, don't keep high expectations. 
Sharing the google maps link

https://goo.gl/maps/KdZpZwKipS82

Kadapa is a small town, there will be around 10/15 minutes difference between ring road and Via town.

If you are driving into kadapa. you can find may restaurants between kotireddy circle and  NTR circle.

and if you are driving into kadapa town it will make minimum of 20-30 mins difference with ring road.

If you want to have non veg try Chennur biryani approximately 10 km before kadapa exactly  after crossing Penna bridge.

this is special in kadapa

• Like 4

On 9/17/2017 at 9:18 AM, nitin88 said:

It all depends on your starting point in Hyderabad. If you are starting from Dilshukhnagar, Uppal -> NAM express (no choice). Excellent road and shortest one.

If you are starting from Gachibowli, you have two options 1. via Kurnool 2. via NAM express

Hyderabad -> Kurnool is excellent. Kurnool to Nandyala -> Excellent new 4 lane road. Nandyala to Kadapa -> 4 lane road with on going work. Kadapa -> Tirupati pathetic 2 lane road.

Either way, the traveling time will be same

Hyderabad -> Kurnool is excellent. Kurnool to Allagada  -> 4 lane road with on going work   Allagada  to Kadapa -> excellent 4 lane road . Kadapa -> Tirupati pathetic 2 lane road.

• Like 4

@vinz I suggest you to reverse the trip plan. While going, pick the NAM express way and on return pick the Kurnool highway. The reason is simple, by the time you reach Kadapa, you will be tired and Kadapa to Tirupati so pathetic road, it will make you feel so uncomfortable with lots of speed breakers and broken road.

• Like 4

Then in that case maybe I will take the NAM both ways as I need to drop my family in Renigunta airport during the return.

I am planning to start around 5:30 AM from Gachibowli tomorrow morning and I need to reach Tirupati by 3PM.

The only question I have on NAM is about Naidupeta to Tirupati - is it as bad as Rajampet to Tirupati or better?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, vinz said:

Then in that case maybe I will take the NAM both ways as I need to drop my family in Renigunta airport during the return.

I am planning to start around 5:30 AM from Gachibowli tomorrow morning and I need to reach Tirupati by 3PM.

The only question I have on NAM is about Naidupeta to Tirupati - is it as bad as Rajampet to Tirupati or better?

Naidupeta to Tirupati is excellent 2 lane road. Traffic might be there otherwise its very good road. Nothing to worry

Reaching Tirupati by 3PM is tough unless you push yourself.

• Like 3

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Drjay
      Can anybody suggest good roads in and around Hyderabad with minimum or no Traffic to Test drive and push down the gas pedals.
    • By mit1682
      #One Baleno#6 Souls#One destination#tones of memories#Bucket list tick#Gandikota Belum caves
      Trip planning started 6 months before and it kept on changing. Finally accommodation booked and trip scheduled on 24.Jan.2020.

Thanks to Ksk (Sathish) and Dishari for continuous guidance on route and stay.
      Car: Baleno ZETA CVT
      Members: 4 Adults and 2 kids
      Places visited: Gandikota & Belum caves. One can visit places like Owk reservoir, Yaganti temple, Orvakal
                     rock garden based on time availability.
      Route taken: Hyd-Kurnool-Nandyal-Gandikota-Belum caves-Banaganapali-Betamcherla-Kurnool-Hyd
      Road conditions:
                  - Hyd-Kurnool-Nandyal: Roads are good
                  -   Nandyal-Gandikota: Roads are good. 50 km before Gandikota roads are average to bad and
                     passes through villages.
      -  Gandikota-Belum caves-Banaganapali-Betamcherla-Kurnool : Roads are average and passes
      through villages. Once you touch NH40 then roads are good.
      - Kurnool-Hyd: Roads are good.
      - Route map provided for ref.

Distance traveled: ~ 800 KM
      Toll charges (Fastag): Rs. 650
      Petrol expanse: Rs. 3700
      Difficulties:
      Trip was awesome, except Aarav (my son) fall sick on day of trip with viral fever. But throughout trip he supported us with his smile. The complete success of trip goes to him.

At Gandikota you need to wear good shoes to walk on rocks along with comfortable cloths.
      Avoid it during summer & heavy rains.
      People with breathing and BP related issues should avoid Belum caves.
      Stay option at Gandikota:
      Option 1: Non AC tents
      Cost is Rs. 1000 per person with food on twin sharing basis.
      The only problem is during rainy season this will not be good. Also for common washroom, you need to travel 500 m.
      Option 2: AC tents
      Very costly around Rs. 3000 per person with food on twin sharing basis. Sometime even they charge Rs 3500. Tents without food charges will be Rs. 3000 on twin sharing basis.
      Need online booking via freakout.
      Washroom is attached to tent.
      Opion 3: AC rooms at Hariths resorts
      We found this good and reasonable. Per room cost is Rs 1600 from Mon-Wed and on Thur-Sun it will be Rs. 2000 (taxes extra).
      Rooms are good and 500 m away from site.
      Rooms being limited we need to book online via AP tourism website.
      Food options at Gandikota
      Only food option is Haritha resort (if you have not booked tents). We found food is average and can be manageable. We have carried electric cooker and prepared food by our self.
      Food options at Belum caves
      There is a small hotel available near to booking window. They serve cold drink, water and snacks.  We found food is average and can be manageable.

You can enjoy this trips in 2 days. I advise you to make it on weekdays as there will be less rush. For us it took 3 days as we are travelling with kids and we don’t want to drive in night and early mornings.
      Disclaimer: Not all of the photos are taken by me. Few are from my friends mobile.
      Photographic device:
      Poco f1
      Oneplus 7T
      Canon 1300D
      Xiomi note 6 pro
      Beauty of place you can derived from photos.

• Our picks