India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Sign in to follow this  
BORNDRIVER

WHEEL BALANCING & WHEEL ALIGNMENT

Friends,

Need your suggestion for below questions. Kindly help with your valuable suggestions.

1. Recently I changed all 4 tyres to MRF ZLX  (185/60 R15 84H) Which is exactly same as the earlier BRIDGESTONE ones. However I did not do WHEEL ALIGNMENT and BALANCING. Is it mandatory to have wheel balancing and wheel alignment done with new set of tyres ?  

2. The reason I did not do WHEEL ALIGNMENT and BALANCING , because I did not feel any discomfort while driving with new set of tyres and  during my last servicing in Sept-2018 , I did WHEEL ALIGNMENT and BALANCING in HARSHA TOYOTA. 

3. Now with that new tyres, I have almost traveled 1500 km  (CITY limit drive and one long trip to Shirdi). Will it cause any damage to the new  tyres as I did not perform WHEEL ALIGNMENT and BALANCING ?  

4. Is there any thumb rule for wheel balancing and alignment (annually or every 5000km etc....) ? I always do this in my annual service.

5. Kindly let me know some good wheel balancing & alignment workshop around GACHHIBOWLI (HYDERABAD) area ? If it is must needed to do HEEL ALIGNMENT and BALANCING after tyre change , I will get it done right now.

6. Normally how much it costs  for WHEEL ALIGNMENT and BALANCING and how much time it will take ?

Regards

BORNDRIVER

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Yes it's compulsory to do wheel balancing & alignment for new tyres to maintain the tyres.

To avoid the uneven wear & tear of the tyres due to unequal weight distribution.

If the B & A was done very recent before the tyres change, then you may avoid Balancing.

However, I recommend both should be done when tyres are changed.

Also, every 5000 KMS B & A to be done for the safety & life of tyres.

Edited by Prashant
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Prashant said:

Yes it's compulsory to do wheel balancing & alignment for new tyres to maintain the tyres.

To avoid the uneven wear & tear of the tyres due to unequal weight distribution.

If the B & A was done very recent before the tyres change, then you may avoid Balancing.

However, I recommend both should be done when tyres are changed.

Also, every 5000 KMS B & A to be done for the safety & life of tyres.

Thanks Prashant. I will go for wheel balancing and alignment .

Any information for question no.5 & 6 above ?

• Like 3

New tyres : Wheel Balancing is a must. 
It is always better to get Alignment and Balancing done. 

Sometimes even 5k kilometres is good enough for a uneven tread loss. 

On 3/30/2019 at 11:36 PM, BORNDRIVER said:

5. Kindly let me know some good wheel balancing & alignment workshop around GACHHIBOWLI (HYDERABAD) area ? If it is must needed to do HEEL ALIGNMENT and BALANCING after tyre change , I will get it done right now.

6. Normally how much it costs  for WHEEL ALIGNMENT and BALANCING and how much time it will take ?

You can visit Stunnerz Madhapur.
He is India-Drive member (You can ask for Mr. Harish)

Generally, it will cost from 500~800 depending on car. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ranger said:

New tyres : Wheel Balancing is a must. 
It is always better to get Alignment and Balancing done. 

Sometimes even 5k kilometres is good enough for a uneven tread loss. 

You can visit Stunnerz Madhapur.
He is India-Drive member (You can ask for Mr. Harish)

Generally, it will cost from 500~800 depending on car. 

Thank you Ranger....Yes I will immediately go for both alignment & balancing.

Yes I have seen STUNNERZ near to BOTANICAL GARDEN /SPAR (SLN TERMINAL) , as that route was my daily office route (CHIREC SCHOOL to HITECH CITY) before I shifted to Manikonda. I will look for Mr. Harish there.

Regards

BORNDRIVER

Edited by BORNDRIVER
spell mistake
  • Like 2

Usually, during the process of change of tyres, Wheel balancing and alignment is a common procedure followed by every tyre changer at the Garage. Please check with the person where who had got it done. The usually ranges around 500-600 INR for your Etios.

15 hours ago, BORNDRIVER said:

Yes I have seen STUNNERZ near to BOTANICAL GARDEN /SPAR (SLN TERMINAL

Yes, you can get it done at STUNNERZ in Kavuri hills or near Botanical Gardens.

2 hours ago, sagar said:

Usually, during the process of change of tyres, Wheel balancing and alignment is a common procedure followed by every tyre changer at the Garage. Please check with the person where who had got it done. The usually ranges around 500-600 INR for your Etios.

Yes, you can get it done at STUNNERZ in Kavuri hills or near Botanical Gardens.

Thank you Sagar ....I will get it done in STUNNERZ , BOTANICAL GARDEN ROAD .

Is there any discount for INDIA-DRIVE members......😃😃

• Like 2

23 hours ago, BORNDRIVER said:

Yes I have seen STUNNERZ near to BOTANICAL GARDEN /SPAR (SLN TERMINAL) , as that route was my daily office route (CHIREC SCHOOL to HITECH CITY) before I shifted to Manikonda. I will look for Mr. Harish there.

Harish will be available at Stunnerz Madhapur. 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2019 at 4:54 PM, Ranger said:

Harish will be available at Stunnerz Madhapur. 

Finally get it done at STUNNERZ BOTANICAL GARDEN ROAD. It was good and they are very professional. Finished both alignment and balancing in around 40 mins and they charged Rs.600. They also rotated the tyres.

• Like 2

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th