India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

SK01

Replacing Honda City with Ford EcoSport. Worthy or Not?

Question

Now I can say, it's a necessity for me to replace my Honda City with a new car and that should surely be a SUV or at least a crossover. 

Me and my father do many roadtrips, we travel much, but never did we face problems with the Honda City. That's a beautiful car. A car that introduced me to the world of revvs and performance. This car performs extremely well on the highways, effortlessly cruises at 140kmph. 

But as the trips kept  increasing, rather the exploring part kept  increasing, the need for a SUV started. This beauty isn't able to take bad roads well. We always feel bad for abusing the car taking it to badly laid roads. We scraped it's under body 4 times in one year which stopped is from doing further exploration trips on this car. 

Here, the need of a SUV or a crossover came up. 

A brief about the car:

It's a 2014 Honda City VX (topend) i-VTEC which comes with a cruise control, sunroof, auto climate control, rear AC vents, 2 airbags, ABS with EBD, ventilated leather seats, all leather upholstery. 

A car with class leading comfort, luxury and space. (Here I don't consider any of the Maruti Suzuki cars because they don't even come near to any of the C segment cars in the market)

The  boot is so huge that it takes almost everything that a family carriers during long drives without compromising on the second row leg room. 

So, an upgrade or even replacement means that the vehicle should offer few more latest features including those which my City offers. Or at least should offer those which already exists. 

Now as I'm already a satisfied and happy owner of Ford Freestyle my second car, I want my next car to be a  Ford and not others even if they're better.

Test drove the Tata Harrier, Hexa, XUV5OO (ridiculous interior plastic quality) Jeep Compass, Hyundai Creta. All these cars are no doubt awesome. Of all these I loved the Hexa. But as said I don't want to come out of Ford and want to be a Ford owner always. So, here comes the problem. I'm in a confusion of what to do.

Shall I wait for the new SUV launch from Ford in collaboration with Mahindra?

Or take the EcoSport?

Is EcoSport really a proper replacement or upgrade to my City?

Does it offer more than what my City offers including space?

Or at least what my City offer? 

all these are everytime running in my head. And a thought of restricted rear space, rear AC and boot space is stopping me from taking the EcoSport. I request EcoSport owners to give me some detailed information of EcoSport and request others to help me get the answers to the questions that are running in my mind. 

• Like 2

9 answers to this question

Hey @SK01, Firstly I wouldn't call this an upgrade as City falls on a higher side compared to the Ecosport considering the price and dimensions. As your requirement seems more inclined towards the in-car space, I recommend you to go for another option as Ecosport feels very claustrophobic in it's rear.  I would suggest you to go with S-Cross instead of Ecosport which lie on the similar price line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Considering your budget to wave around 10- 12L, The current available models that I would like to suggest to you as per your requirements are TATA NEXON, SUZUKI S-CROSS and FORD ECOSPORT.

Model expected to be launched in the same segment by the end of 2nd quarter or 3rd quarter this year is the HYUNDAI STYX.

12 hours ago, SK01 said:

Any information on upcoming Ford SUVs?

I don't sense any new FORD successors in this segment to be launched until 2020.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When you can consider Ecosport, I feel you can definitely consider S cross as it is bigger then creta in dimensions :D  If budget isn't your constraint to replace your city, You can also wait for the KIA SP2 new entrant or Harrier.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SK01 said:

What about Safari Storme? A true SUV and even I can get at an amazing price. Or wait for new SUV launches by Ford till 2020 and use my Freestyle for road trips until then. The GC of my Freestyle is 190mm which can go over bad patches and a smaller car means less headache in narrow areas. 

I checked up yesterday about Safari Storm, on 2019 models only 25K discount is offered across all variants. on 2018 models insurance at 14990 and exchange bonus of 20K is being offered. Malik Cars offered 70 K discount on 2018 models and on 2019 model 25 K only. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2019 at 1:23 PM, Shekar said:

I checked up yesterday about Safari Storm, on 2019 models only 25K discount is offered across all variants. on 2018 models insurance at 14990 and exchange bonus of 20K is being offered. Malik Cars offered 70 K discount on 2018 models and on 2019 model 25 K only. 

I would suggest you to avoid Safari.
It is at the end of its life cycle. 

Even If you get 2+ lakhs discount, i would suggest to avoid it. 

On 3/13/2019 at 11:58 AM, SK01 said:

Is EcoSport really a proper replacement or upgrade to my City?

EcoSport is downgrade to City.

If space is not a constraint, EcoSport is an excellent cross over. 

If you are looking a vehicle for exploration drives, none of the above listed cars come under that category. 

Start looking at 4wd options. 

• Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:10 PM, SK01 said:

What about Safari Storme?

Hands Down 'NO' to that... :D You can rather consider other options.

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion @sagar

same thoughts about City here. My requirements are good ground clearance and it’s capabilities on bad roads. City is really a bad vehicle for exploring and you know what all challenges we face during exploring. If not a 4*4 I’m looking for a vehicle that can go where the City can’t because of its GC. 

Any information on upcoming Ford SUVs? 

My requirements are good GC, space, safety, bad roads capability (if not a 4*4 it should be better than sedans) and high speed stability. 

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:41 AM, sagar said:

Considering your budget to wave around 10- 12L, The current available models that I would like to suggest to you as per your requirements are TATA NEXON, SUZUKI S-CROSS and FORD ECOSPORT.

All those doesn’t feel as premium as City. Will wait for the Hyundai Styx or else postpone the idea and wait for some time... I considered S-Cross as a replacement for my WagonR alternative to Freestyle while buying. Can’t imagine another cross hatch😑

Tata Nexon and EcoSport are really good vehicles but will definitely be smaller than my City.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:28 AM, sagar said:

If budget isn't your constraint to replace your city, You can also wait for the KIA SP2 new entrant or Harrier.

What about Safari Storme? A true SUV and even I can get at an amazing price. Or wait for new SUV launches by Ford till 2020 and use my Freestyle for road trips until then. The GC of my Freestyle is 190mm which can go over bad patches and a smaller car means less headache in narrow areas. 

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:28 AM, sagar said:

definitely consider S cross as it is bigger then creta in dimensions :D 

Yes bigger only by dimensions but smaller in looks and looks more like a hatchback. Also I don’t want to consider Maruti Suzuki. 

22 hours ago, Ranger said:

Start looking at 4wd options. 

21 hours ago, sagar said:

You can rather consider other options.

Will check Duster AWD or else wait for 2020. Will not be in a hurry else I'll miss a beautiful car. 

22 hours ago, Ranger said:
On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:23 PM, Shekar said:

I would suggest you to avoid Safari.
It is at the end of its life cycle

21 hours ago, sagar said:

Hands Down 'NO' to that... 

Just eager to know the reason why many are against taking a Safari at this point. Is it only because it's being discontinued or any other reason such as engine, safety, old platform, etc...?

• Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:02 PM, SK01 said:

Just eager to know the reason why many are against taking a Safari at this point

Tata Motors Quality and Reliability of this batch of cars is one reason as it is going to fade away pretty soon as their new leg is booming at the moment.

Safari no doubt is a great car. Only thing is that the quality of plastic is cheap. The suspension and braking system are very stiff. The car is very much spacious where in 7 can sit but, its 3rd row side seating is no way impressive as how it is felt in an Innova.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sagar said:

Tata Motors Quality and Reliability of this batch of cars is one reason as it is going to fade away pretty soon as their new leg is booming at the moment.

Safari no doubt is a great car. Only thing is that the quality of plastic is cheap. The suspension and braking system are very stiff. The car is very much spacious where in 7 can sit but, its 3rd row side seating is no way impressive as how it is felt in an Innova.

Okay. So Safari is also ruled out. 

• Like 1

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By SK01
      Roadtrips... long drives... holiday to the hills driving our car, gives a high to all the drivers. Driving to the beaches or to the unexplored hills with our family or friends is an all-time favorite activity. Driving is fun, but a single error makes it a disaster.

All drivers know the feeling - a frightening realization behind the wheel of the car when a wave of drowsiness hits, that you may be too tired to go on. A blink of an eye is all it takes for one to end up trapped inside a toppled car or a badly mangled car in the opposite lane.

20% of the accidents on Indian Highways are caused by driver fatigue says a survey. It all happens in seconds, as said above, in a blink of an eye. Drowsiness is extremely dangerous.

Pushing yourself beyond the limits, just to make it on time or just to boast to your friends of your achievements of "non-stop 800kms drive" is the last thing you would want to do.  

You Can’t Afford to Drive on Through Fatigue

Fatigue is a serious concern for everyone on the road. Feeling sleepy makes a driver, less attentive, and affects the driver’s ability to make quick decisions. You need to be able to navigate, merge safely, respond to unpredictable drivers, accidents, potholes or even the sudden appearance of a cattle. 

Delayed reaction time can mean the difference between life and death – for you, or another person on the road. A tired mind also has more trouble concentrating, making it difficult to judge speed and distance. 

Entering a trance-like state while driving is a trait we notice quite often while driving on highways at a constant speed, at constant cabin temperature. This is known as Highway Hypnosis. Becoming attuned to your body and its need for rest and sleep will make you a safer driver.

Warning Signals that It’s Time to Get Off the Road

Driving requires your undivided attention. If you notice one or more of these signs, it is time to get off the wheel and rest.

Frequent yawning & fidgeting   
      Frequent lane changes without knowing  
      Tailgating  
      Erratic Braking  
      Inconsistent speed  
      Delayed reaction time  
      Missing on turns and signboards  
      Missing to check on ORVMs IRVMs  
      Missing to use indicators   
      Rolling down the window for fresh air  
      Blurred vision or frequent blinking  
      5 Tips to Combat Fatigue

1. Surveys show that a short nap can increase alertness and significantly lower the risk of driver fatigue. Take a short twenty-minute nap, preferably before you become too sleepy.

2. Avoid medications that may induce drowsiness. 

3. Eat a healthy and balanced meal at regular intervals. Lack of proper food leads to a drop in blood sugar levels which makes us drowsy. Also, heavy meals make us lazy and sluggish increasing the drowsiness. 

4. Coffee, smoking, turning up the volume on the radio and fresh air only work for short periods of time. Do not rely on them to keep you alert. (Personal experience, play those songs that give you a good feeling. Not too loud and not too much music. Play it at a medium volume, this will help you cruise at a constant speed making you feel attentive.) 

5. Stay hydrated and also keep switching between ‘recirculating’ and ‘fresh-air’ modes on the air-con. A change in temperature helps you stay more alert. (Personal experience, roll down the window and allow fresh air and those traffic sound to enter the cabin. Hearing those makes us attentive and lets us drive till we find a good tree to rest under.)

Above all, never forget to take naps at regular intervals. It's not only beneficial to you, but also to your car, its engine, and tires.  If you are really tired, never attempt to drive beyond the limits. It's your maturity and safe driving habits that ultimately call you a good driver, not your "800kms non-stop achievements". 
    • By SK01
      It was February  2018, me and my father visited  Malik Tata Bowenpally to enquire about Tata Tiago and Tata Tigor in our handsome shiny golden brown Honda City after a good leather upholstery polishing at Stunnerz. We we’re impressed by the car, the build quality and interiors, we felt it’ll be a good upgrade to my WagonR CNG which was showing its age after 3 years 65000 kms. We asked for a test drive and they couldn’t arrange. We were irritated by the sales team response and reluctance to sell their product. We stepped out. 

Fast it forward to August, my father who was driving my WagonR slightly brushed to the electricity pole in a  narrow lane. The impact was small, but the damage was really huge. A thought to upgrade to a safer vehicle struck my father’s mind. 

Fast forward to November, we put our Wagon R on sale at OLX and sold it in 5 days for 3,25,000. Got to know the meaning of resale value. Booked Ford Freestyle after just one test drive. We were taken away by the car, it’s build quality, ruggedness, and not to forgot the punchy TDCi engine. Ford has  always been my  favourite brand, I always wanted to own it, drive it. And this time I got the opportunity, we wanted to book the car the very next day but being a Sunday it was delayed. 

Monday, after attending a club meet at my college, at around 3:00 PM I booked my car at Mody Ford Begumpet. It was Ford Freestyle ambient 1.5 TDCi oxford white which was booked and later upgraded to top of the line model Titanium 1.5 TDCi charcoal black. 

Dealership Experience: 
      The delivery was done as promised in 5 days. Initially the dealership experience was really good. they treated us well, the car was delivered as promised and everything was good until I noticed what they have done. The dealership has given me 4 months old vehicle, which was lying in the stock yard without informing me and without giving any old stock discounts. 

Found it by decoding the VIN number. The old stock/first batch vehicle came with fixed rear headrests and the newer one which I was supposed to get according to Ford as I booked in November came with adjustable rear headrests. Multiple mails and calls to the dealership proved to be waste. After a week of follow up, a good member of the Ford Freestyle WhatsApp group forwarded me the mail IDs of Ford India top management. A mail to Mr. Anurag Mehrotra MD Ford India sorted out the issues and the dealer was ordered to replace the entire rear seat with the new ones.  

Experience with Ford India:
      I must say, the experience so far with Ford has been really good. Right from solving my issues with the dealer to addressing each and every minor issues in the vehicle for which Ford is known for.

To be honest, Ford is not a reliable brand like the Maruti Suzuki, Honda or Toyota. It is known for those small yet really irritating glitches. But the way the company addresses the issues is what matters. And I must say, Ford outshines every other manufacturer in this department. We as a valued customer have the freedom to even talk to the bosses of Ford India and get the issue solved. Be it the General Manager of a dealership or Managing Director of the company. The mangers and general mangers (service) are always available on phone for our queries. 

Life With Ford

It’s been 10 months since I bought the car and I’ve been to many road trips, explored many places, and done some really crazy things with it. So far So good.

Stability, Steering Feel and Feedback, Braking, Ride Comfort, and Performance:
      The next month after buying the car we did a road trip to Vijayawada. Couldn’t go beyond 100 kmph as the vehicle isn’t supposed to go beyond 100 kmph before 2000 km checkup. while returning I touched 170 kmph effortlessly after 2000 km checkup at Laxmi Ford Vijayawada. No where I felt loosing the control of the car. After driving WagonR for 65000 kms this felt like a really big upgrade in terms of drivability and stability. 

The response from the steering was spot on. Though the brakes did not inspire confidence at last minute braking for the first 5000 kms of ownership because of over sensitive ABS now they are perfect. Crisp and spot on braking performance. Or dont know if I’m
      used to it.

Ford Freestyle is built to tackle bad roads and those beautiful untouched, unexplored roads. This said, the ride quality will definitely be on the stiffer side making all those shocks on the bad roads creep in. We can feel the thud sound when the car goes over speed breaker, potholes even in very low speeds. The suspension is on the stiffer side making the car super stable during high speeds and super rough on the bad roads. Space is strictly adequate in the front row and strictly average at the rear and the boot. The driving position is commendable. We sit higher than many of the hatchbacks making us see the road clearly. The car sitting at a height of 190mm from the ground makes driving on worst roads a breeze. No worries of under body hits. 

The performance from the engine on offer is something else. It effortlessly touches 80 kmph in the second gear itself and 0-100 kmph in under 10 seconds making it one of the fastest car in India. This car even outshines VW Polo in terms of performance. This is the most economical, fun to drive car in India giving good fuel efficiency numbers.  Even Ford EcoSport doesn’t offer the low end torque and that jump this car offers. Reason being same engine for a lighter car. 

Capabilities:
      Ford calls the Freestyle a Compact Utility Vehivle and in my opinion its justified. It is not just a raised hatch/hatch with cladding or hatchback in SUV cloths as claimed by few online forums. Having used this for almost a year, clocking 20,000 kms, going for some unexplored areas, I can confidently say that this means some serious business, built for a purpose, a very practice vehicle. If not for serious off-roading, this is made for serious travelling and to glide on those beautiful untouched roads... 
        Safety:
      Ford is known for this. It’s always ahead of the other cars in the segment when it comes to giving safety features if not fancy features.
      2 airbags ABS with EBD Reverse parking sensors Driver and passenger seat belt alarm is standard across all the varient in all the models of Ford Central Locking  Speed sensing door locks  Child safety locks  Making it the most value for money varient. 

The top of the line varient Titanium comes with added features like 
      TCS HLA ESP  
      And the even premium varient the Titanium Plus comes with added features like
      6 airbags SYNC3 system With all the above features. 

Road Trips:

I’ve done many road trips in this 10 months. Multiple trips to Hyderabad-Vijayawada but there are few trips that standout, that tested my skills, that took me to places I’ve never thought I would. 

The first one being 

Hyderabad to Maredumilli

This remains my favourite trip of all. This tested my skills on the ghat during heavy rains and low visibility, took me to a beautiful place called Pamulery Vagu inside the forest.

It was fun driving this car in those ghats. Steering feel and feedback was really good and was spot on. This trip will be forever remembered. The engine sound coupled with cool breeze and nature sounds made this a really wonderful and memorable trip with my Ford Freestyle.

Hyderabad to Yanam via Ramachandrapuram 

This place is really beautiful. I’ve been to Yanam in 2012 in our Swift Dzire. I was siting beside my father and was observing him cruising in that beautiful cool, rainy weather. I was 16 back then. Learning driving from my father in our colony roads. I was amazed by the way it cruised, clicked many pictures  in my father’s Galaxy S3. I couldn’t know more about the place. All I knew was the beach and the beautiful Jesus statue. Nothing beyond that.

This is 2019 and I was on the wheel with my father sitting beside me and my Sony A6000 DSLR in the rear seat to click the beautiful places. It was 4:30 in the morning, I fired the loud TDCi engine waking up others in my house at Ramachandrapuram. We hit the roads and it was all nostalgic.

The roads were bad, full of potholes and very bad curves. This gave me a new experience to drive on those village roads full of potholes and truck traffic from the opposite direction with high beam. Made me explore Yanam and the nearby mangroves and getting to know the place beyond beach and of course the beautiful Jesus statue, reminded my father of his childhood and the hotel where he used to sometimes eat and now we having  our breakfast which is still running with the same quality at Drakshramam. This also proved how beautiful my car is gliding  over those big potholes with very loud and uncomfortable sounds in the cabin and  zero underbody hits. making this another memorable road trip. 

Vijayawada to Hyderabad

I’ve done multiple trips between Hyderabad-Vijayawada on our Honda City as well as Ford Freestyle as my father is posted there. But this will be remembered.

This unexpected drive for few minutes under the railway bridge tested my knowledge on flood water driving, knowledge can be acquired by learning but not experience. And this kind of experience is very rare. This tests our skill, It’s a do or die situation. Drive well and come out of the pool or get stuck ruining your car permanently. 

The experience was all together a very different one. This kept me in a situation where It was all on me. No one to help me, guide me or drive the car. This proved the capabilities of ford Freestyle and my driving skills. The punchy low end torque never worried me or gave a feel of stalling. It never lost the grunt. I successfully came out of it which doubled my confidence in driving and my love towards the car.

Accidents & Incidents 

It was 24th of April, 8:45 in the morning. I was driving towards Suchitra Junction to meet my father’s colleague and take my internship certificate which I forgot in her cabin the previous day. I tuned into 98.3 radio mirchi my favourite radio station and was just 5 minutes away from my home when the unexpected saddest thing happened.  

A construction truck which was coming from the opposite direction taking a 90 degree banged into my car’s rear third quater leaving a really bad damage. It was a hit and run case. Many villagers ran behind him but he fled away leaving me in utter grief. The impact was huge but the damage was small considering the impact.

Did anyone remember this? “the impact was small, but the damage was really huge” “A thought to upgrade to a safer vehicle struck my father’s mind” and this proved to be the right choice, the safer vehicle. 

It was 31st of July, 3:30 in the evening, I was driving  from Tellapur towards Kompally on ORR. An incident which taught me the meaning of hydro planning, made me realise the power of water and yet again made me fall in love with my car.   
      It was raining, the road was good obviously because it’s the ORR a Hyderabadi drivers favourite, the road was empty and there’s a water pool that can be seen on the left most lane.

A child in me touched triple digit speeds (100kmph) from 80kmph wanted to spill the water and went straight onto the waterlogged pool only to loose control over my car. The vehicle immediately lost traction, drifted towards the right, steering was out of my control for few seconds, I tried very hard to steer the car to the left keeping it in the lane and I succeeded.

All thanks to the traction control that my car has. This taught me how much dangerous water can be and the force of water. Never after this incident I touched triple digit speeds during rains. 

To sum it up, Freestyle is a car that definitely puts a smile the drivers face. Particularly the TDCi. It’s rightly called a pocket rocket. 

Freestyle is not about luxury, its rugged, rough, not so comfortable when compared to the competition, the interiors are hard, the plastics are not placed well but as said before its lal about ruggedness and practicality. Once you are behind the wheel of a Ford you’ll forever be the fan of Ford.

Srikrishna Bhavaraju
      A true Ford Lover

• By SK01
      It was 1 of August I was browsing TripAdvisor for resorts and planning my road trip to Bhandavgarh when I received a message in the WhatsApp group from @PrashantKMathur sir. I never miss his messages, and so this one. I was surprised and happy on seeing the message about the most loved SUV and most awaited drive from Ford. I immediately cancelled all my meet-up plans for the weekend.

Fast forward to 3 days, it was Sunday, the drive day. I woke up early in the morning, took my camouflaged rain jacket which I bought for the monsoon drive meet-up but never wore and begin driving towards Chevella. The traffic throughout the drive was almost nill and I could constantly maintain 60kmph enjoying the empty road, drizzle and my TDCi engine's roar.

The area is 70kms away from my house and I reached the venue by 10:00 AM starting at 8:15 AM with 20mins break waiting for my friend who never turned up. 

I was the first person apart for Team Ford. Was received really well by Vibrant Ford AGM and team where I get my car serviced and by Modi Ford team where I bought my car. 

20 minutes later after finishing all the formalities and coffee break I was into the huge and beautiful Off-roader the ENDEAVOUR. 
      I was accompanied by Mr. Sarath Ford's off-road trainer and he took me for the first round. The track was really good with lush green trees surrounded and even more tricky due to continuous rain and drizzle the night before event. He explained me everything about the capabilities of the vehicle, different drive modes and showed me how it performed in 4low with ease and how it struggled in 4high.

The track and the experience was so good that I wanted to go on another round and he agreed for it.
      Finished two rounds of the drive and the time was 11:00 AM when I met @Jag's. Few minutes of discussion with the trainer and AGM Vibrant Ford sales I was back into my car carrying all the memories and small souvenir (Ford Hat) from the trainer going back home. 

Off-road Track.
      These obstacles were really scary to see.

A small souvenir from the trainer (Ford Hat) on the music system.

He's the trainer Mr. Sarath. 

• By SK01
      Exploring Yanam Part 1

Origin: Ramachandrapuram, East Godavari, Andhra Pradesh.
      Destination: Yanam, Puducherry.

Route Taken: Ramachandrapuram - Tallapolam - Draksharamam - Kuyyeru - Yanam
      Start Time:5:10AM
      Distance: 27KMS
      Time Taken: 1hr 
      Car: Honda City VX i-VTEC
      Mileage: 13.2KMPL
      Road Condition: Mix of good, average, bad and worst. 
      Scenic Views: Single lane roads with beautiful scenes at either side of the roads. The roads are surrounded by lush green farms on either side. 

Trip Report

Yanam, the place that I first visited in 2013, when I was 17. And this time again I wanted to visit the place only to know it better and love it more...

Started early in the morning at 5:10 and reached the area in 1hr. 

The only thing I thought I could do in the place is to take the initial sunrise photo touching the waters. That's a beautiful sight and I never missed that. But surprisingly this time I got more than what I expected. I got to know about the area more and explore the area and the backwaters. This time, unfortunately, I could take my favourite shot, the sun touching the waters because of clouds. But got a chance to explore the area a bit. 

It was 7:00 AM, the sun just started rising pushing the clouds aside. And there I saw a person in a white shirt and white pant, assumed him to be a local and approached him to inquire more about the place. To my surprise, he turned out to be the government boat operator. Upon asking him, he arranged a boat ride into the waters and at 7:15 I was on the boat moving gently on the backwaters. 

The boat driver Ramakrishna, is a very nice guy. I finished taking photos and started talking with him. he spoke many things, from the political situation in Puducherry and Andhra Pradesh, their lives, the local MLA and not to forget, the insider information about the place.  Yanam, a very beautiful place, mostly unexplored and left undeveloped. "Yanam chala manchi ooru Saru, Kani Chala mandi teliyaka raru. Tourists perigite maku income perugutundi" said the boat driver. 
      Yanam indeed is a really beautiful place, there are many places to explore from Yanam. 

The first one, 

Bhairavapalem Mangrove Forests (Where we can find many rare migratory birds. It takes 2 hours to come and 2 hours stay on this island. Total of 6 hours. Price for 10 is 6000 INR) Koringa Mangrove Forests And many small unexplored islands (We can find many migratory birds)  
      I think the area should be developed, but that development shouldn't destroy the natural beauty and serenity of the place. The local activities early in the morning, sunrise, birds chirping and the fishing activities are really beautiful and the development should not destroy these...

Part 2 coming soon... I'll be writing about the places that in have visited in part 2.  

Places to stay:
      The Regency Hotel (best for families as per trip advisor) Sarva Inn Puducherry Government Guest House   
      Few Pictures

• Our picks