India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

Pulkit

Hyderabad to GOA current best route ?

I am planning a trip to GOA from HYD by car next weekend.

So anyone can suggest me the best route for that?

I am planning to leave around 2:00 AM from Hyderabad to Goa which way i have to take?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Pulkit said:

I am planning a trip to GOA from HYD by car next weekend. So anyone can suggest me the best route for that??? I am planning to leave around 2:00 AM from HYD to Goa which way i have to take?

Hey Pulkit, Welcome on board.

Please go through the thread below which has all the latest updates and discussions on the current route and road status between Hyderabad to Goa.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Pulkit said:

I am planning to leave around 2:00 AM from Hyderabad to Goa which way i have to take?

Welcome onboard Pulkit.

Raichur road is under construction, avoid that route.

Current best route is via Zaheerabad.

South Goa route : (~baga beach)

Hyderabad > Zaheerabad > Humnabad > Kalaburgai > Bagalkot > Belgaum > Kanakumbi > Bicholim > Baga beach

• Like 2

• We started journey from HYD near Bowanpally at 2:30 AM on 16th of Feb 2019 and it took me around 13 hours to reach Goa(i.e calangut).It is a kind of non stop drive since we take only 15 min stop twice.
  • We take this route with the help of google (Hyderabad > Zaheerabad > Humnabad > Kalaburgai > Bagalkot > Belgaum > choral > Calangut). The condition of road is overall good but from Kalaburagi to Bagalkot there is some bad patches of around 3-4 km(If you follow google maps blindly then it will take you from villages where you can hit bad roads).
  • And while comming back we started at 8 PM in night and reach 8 AM in next morning on 19th Feb 2019. This time we took same route but we choose NH over other roads which google suggest us.
  • So overall  suggestion is start your drive in night as there is no traffic and you can cover more distance then in day time and route is safe so no problem at all but keep some snacks and water because in night you found nothing on that way to GOA.
  • Like 3

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:17 AM, Pulkit said:
  • So overall  suggestion is start your drive in night as there is no traffic and you can cover more distance then in day time and route is safe so no problem at all but keep some snacks and water because in night you found nothing on that way to GOA.

Thanks much for updating us back on the latest conditions @Pulkit Appreciate it. But, wasn't your return leg of this night drive hectic? And what car were you driving ?

• Like 2

On 2/23/2019 at 12:17 AM, Pulkit said:

Hyderabad > Zaheerabad > Humnabad > Kalaburgai > Bagalkot > Belgaum > choral > Calangut

Thank you for the update.

This is the current best route available form Hyderabad to Goa 

• Like 2

On 2/23/2019 at 12:17 AM, Pulkit said:

it took me around 13 hours to reach Goa

that is fast. It took me 15 hours plus. That too on day time. Thanks for the route information. I am drive down in March.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RajG said:

that is fast. It took me 15 hours plus. That too on day time. Thanks for the route information. I am drive down in March.

@Pulkit 's break time for 15 mins which happened only twice during his one leg of journey is crazy and that makes the drive possibly fast :D 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:16 AM, sagar said:

Thanks much for updating us back on the latest conditions @Pulkit Appreciate it. But, wasn't your return leg of this night drive hectic? And what car were you driving ?

Initially not (as i started 8 pm in night) and i enjoyed driving in ghat roads in night as well but when i about to reach hyderabad (around 6 am in morning) it became hetic i.e because of 10 hrs of long drive i got tired as i didn't sleep properley before start driving back.    

I drove vitara Breeza ZDI+.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Pulkit said:

it became hectic

Trust me Goa to Hyderabad is always hectic. (irrespective of time)
First time i ever felt sleepy while driving is on Hyderabad ORR around 3AM (Drove from Goa)

Those single roads are very tiring to drive. 

Hope some day we will have at least 50% of it is along 4-lane section. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th