India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

On 2/14/2019 at 8:43 AM, SK01 said:

Tips on driving that you give out if your experience during these kind of situations? 

• Maintain steady pace
  • Stay in higher gear (as much as possible) 
  • No sudden steering inputs
  • Brake gently, no harsh braking. Plan in advance.
  • Don't panic, We panicked during the first slippage, later we got used to it :)  
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ksa171983 said:

i dont mind taking 2 complete months of my leave exhausting my leaves for the year and staying here @Ranger

Beautiful ..

Hey @ksa171983 .. Waiting for your Rajasthan trip log :D 

• Like 3

On 3/13/2019 at 8:25 AM, sagar said:

Waiting for your Rajasthan trip log

sab hoga sab hoga :D .. as of now FB mein pics upload done..

• Like 4

On 2/28/2019 at 5:13 PM, Ranger said:

• Maintain steady pace
  • Stay in higher gear (as much as possible) 
  • No sudden steering inputs
  • Brake gently, no harsh braking. Plan in advance.
  • Don't panic, We panicked during the first slippage, later we got used to it :)  

@Rangercan a cross hatch like Freestyle do this trip?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SK01 said:

@Rangercan a cross hatch like Freestyle do this trip?

Ofcourse it can do this trip. All you need to have is a good presence of mind, experience and confidence in handling tricky situation

• Like 3

2 hours ago, sagar said:

Ofcourse it can do this trip. All you need to have is a good presence of mind, experience and confidence in handling tricky situation

Ivanni naaku vundunte driving lonekaadu jeevitham loguda bavupadevaadini

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, sagar said:

@sagar will plan for this trip in this year. @Rangerhow did it cost for the entire trip?

1 hour ago, SK01 said:

@sagar will plan for this trip in this year. @Rangerhow did it cost for the entire trip?

What’s the suitable time to do this trip?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SK01 said:

how did it cost for the entire trip?

Costed us around 1.8 lakhs for four members. Inclusive of all (shopping) expenses. 

2 hours ago, SK01 said:

What’s the suitable time to do this trip?

Roads are open though out the year, expect for peak winter. 

3 hours ago, SK01 said:

can a cross hatch like Freestyle do this trip?

You can do it without any issue. 

• Like 3

@Ranger.. I have no words to explain my feelings looking at pictures & log you have shared. Feeling like watching a movie and its the intermission time. Hope the second half is even more exciting !! 😊

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Pralay said:

I have no words to explain my feelings looking at pictures & log you have shared. Feeling like watching a movie and its the intermission time.

Thank you :)

2 hours ago, Pralay said:

Hope the second half is even more exciting !!

Yes it is..

• Like 3

On 3/20/2019 at 11:46 AM, Ranger said:

Costed us around 1.8 lakhs for four members. Inclusive of all (shopping) expenses. 

@Ranger could you please send me the details of stay during your entire trip. 

Edited by SK01
  • Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:04 PM, SK01 said:

@Ranger could you please send me the details of stay during your entire trip. 

I think @Ranger has already shared all the details of the stay with pictures of everyday. He is yet to finish up the post of their drive to Bhutan or is that all? :D 

• Like 2

On 3/22/2019 at 10:14 PM, Anand Singh said:

Every Pic looks Fantastic

Thank you

On 3/23/2019 at 12:04 PM, SK01 said:

could you please send me the details of stay during your entire trip. 

I have attached accommodation names, price and ranting for all the stays en-route. (at the beginning of each day) 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Ranger said:

Thank you

I have attached accommodation names, price and ranting for all the stays en-route. (at the beginning of each day) 

I may have missed checking it. Thank you @Ranger.

• Like 3

Hello Ranger ,

Yesterday evening , I read the entire blog.

I felt like really I am travelling with you guys. Couple of questions as below.

1. It was a planned trip or sudden trip ? If sudden one, I must salute you and your friends. If it was planned it must be a very exhaustive planning.

2. I understood that the accommodation in each of your halts were not pre-booked and you booked them after reaching those places ?

The accommodation in MIRIK is like a dream house and a perfect place to have a wonderful leisure time. How you came to know about this accommodation in Mirik.

3. During your entire trip , I saw the stretch near FARAKKA BARRIAGE is horrible .Total how many km is so bad in this stretch ?

4. I saw the stretch between SIKKIM TO LACHEN,LACHUNG....etc is also equally bad, In some of these stretch , I dont see any road at all and the roads are very narrow.

I guess you were continuously climbing up while going from GANGTOK to LACHEN, LACHUNG.... ?

5. Is it possible to do this stretch (GANGTOK to LACHEN,LACHUNG...)  by using SEDANs like CITY/VERNA/TOYOTA ETIOS? I think SUVs are perfect for this ....Till GANGTOK no issue for SEDANs.

Finally a mesmerising trip and equally a wonderful travel blog. Again a big Salute.

About your comment on PURI. (HIGH EXPECTATION but Pretty Average).

I am little sad (joking) as I am  a NATIVE of BHUBANESWAR (ODISHA) which is very closed to PURI.

However I do agree with you. This city is not being maintained well and it is not because of city  administration but more towards mindset of the peoples.

In fact PURI beach is one of the most famous beach in India but it is not clean and you will find lots of wastes here and there around the beach.

We used to visit PURI ,Whenever we go to Bhubaneswar (almost once a year during summer vacation of kids), but our travel is solely for DARSHAN of LORD JAGANNATH and spend 1 to 2 hr in beach. 

Regards

BORN DRIVER

• Like 3

On 3/26/2019 at 10:45 AM, BORNDRIVER said:

I understood that the accommodation in each of your halts were not pre-booked and you booked them after reaching those places ?

We used to book the accommodation when we are in the mid way.
Pre booking is very difficult, We can't afford to miss a single destination.

The accommodation in MIRIK is like a dream house and a perfect place to have a wonderful leisure time. How you came to know about this accommodation in Mirik.

Airbnb

During your entire trip , I saw the stretch near FARAKKA BARRIAGE is horrible .Total how many km is so bad in this stretch ?

There are many bad stretches in the entire drive. Most of them are manageable. 

Farakka bridge is a disaster, some trucks get stuck for more than three days. Horrible management. 

4. I saw the stretch between SIKKIM TO LACHEN,LACHUNG....etc is also equally bad, In some of these stretch , I dont see any road at all and the roads are very narrow.

I guess you were continuously climbing up while going from GANGTOK to LACHEN, LACHUNG.... ?

5. Is it possible to do this stretch (GANGTOK to LACHEN,LACHUNG...)  by using SEDANs like CITY/VERNA/TOYOTA ETIOS? I think SUVs are perfect for this ....Till GANGTOK no issue for SEDANs.

Most of the roads around Sikkim are average, narrow/single lanes. 

Any car can do with some careful driving. One needs to drive with lot of caution. 

Finally a mesmerising trip and equally a wonderful travel blog. Again a big Salute.

Thank you :)

About your comment on PURI. (HIGH EXPECTATION but Pretty Average).

Place is decent but nothing much to encourage tourism.
Very few beach resorts options which are quite expensive. 

• Like 2

Thank you Ranger.

Yes for us ODISHA peoples, PURI means LORD JAGANNATH TEMPLE, SRI LOKNATH TEMPLE (near to PURI) and SEA BEACH..... Nothing else...I never stayed in PURI overnight.....😃

Because my Hometown is Bhubaneswar which is just 60km from PURI. We normally start to PURI around 1 PM and reach by 2 or 2:30 (very high traffic every time between PURI & BHUBANESWAR ). Do the DARSHAN in the temple , take lunch inside the temple (SPECIAL FOOD called ABHADA). Take a look at the picture . This is called ABHADA or LORD JAGANNATH's PRASAD. You will get them inside the temple . We always eat this whenever we visit PURI . There are ample space inside the temple where you can sit and eat .  We eat the food on BANANA LEAF..... If you see below picture , the person has holding BANANA leaf.  We always visit PURI as a group .  ry once if you go to PURI again or come with me ...We will go together .......😃🙏

173f04ce92dc232760f5c2507ce7fde7.jpg.3d2b10f9529573ffb28994de905f10f6.jpg

Any ROAD REPAIR GOING on in  FARAKKA BARRIAGE ? This FARAKKA BARRIAGE road is how much km ?

Regards

BORNDRIVER

• Like 2

On 3/29/2019 at 11:48 AM, BORNDRIVER said:

Any ROAD REPAIR GOING on in  FARAKKA BARRIAGE ? This FARAKKA BARRIAGE road is how much km ?

I think they are still pending. 
Try to check online (news).

It was horrible during our last visit. 

Truck drivers suffer a lot. 

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Ranger
      A quick drive to Hidden Castle.
      Place is located around 100 kilometers from Hyderabad.

Road condition:
      4-lane with very few diversions. Once you hit the highway, You will reach the destination in an hour.

Food options on highway:
      Enroute you can find Haritha food court.

• By KSK
      Intro Rant:

Summers are always tricky. Most people don't prefer to venture out on a trip in summer, for obvious reasons. So, when I bounced an idea off a trip to Warangal this summer, everyone went nuts. They even ridiculed that I'm not in my senses. But I did not want to drop the idea just because someone feels it to be stupid. I needed a break from my monotonous work life, so I was adamant. I know my wife also wouldn't agree; even if she does, she doesn't come considering the weather, but I have to do the customary - inform. My son's response, quick as a wink, was "Let's do it". Wonderful kid. It took some collective effort by me and my son to get the go-ahead from the home minister. Phew!

Plan and Preparation:

Being a Kakatiya University graduate myself, I regret not exploring enough of Warangal (capital of Kakatiya Dynasty) for long, which is known for its rich history and heritage. Though it is well within 150 km distance from my hometown and also from Hyderabad, I did not specifically travel to see some of its historical places. So, it's that time again - One-day trip!

There was this understanding with my wife and me that any impromptu trip needs to be done and dusted same day. If it's feasible and possible then she and our daughter would also join. Otherwise, my only soul companion is my son on any given day. He can only match and endure my crazy schedule. But being peak summer, my wife was skeptical and worried about excessively hot weather. Only after explaining and reassuring about all necessary precautions taken, we were given the nod. I feel there is nothing like "perfect" time to travel. There is only convenient time. The more the amount of convenience the better. That's it. Peak season travel can bring expensive price tags, overcrowded tours, accommodation, parking and food problems etc. So sometimes off-season travelling could bring in some benefits. One such benefit is leisurely exploring the place in its entirety without hassle. In the end, it proved to be a wise decision as we could spend some quality time exploring the places (especially Laknavaram which is crowded during peak season).

Once the date (April 15th) was decided, it was only up to us on how many places we can cover in a day. We finalized 6 places. I've gone through Google maps for route and order of visit.

The Route:

Hyderabad -> Bhuvanagiri -> Yadadri -> Kazipet -> Warangal. 

This is the only route everyone takes from Hyderabad, but little did we know what was in store for us. The four-lane road is under construction from Yadadri (Yadagirigutta) to Warangal, and it is a 99-km section of National Highway–163 in Telangana. Lots of patches, diversions and traffic was allowed only on one side. It was a nightmare to drive with heavy oncoming truck traffic especially at night. It took nearly 4 hours to cover 145 odd KMs for return journey, excluding dinner time.

The Journey:

Below was the order of places we wanted to visit:

Bhadrakali Temple Warangal Fort Thousand-Pillar Temple Ramappa Temple Laknavaram Lake Pakhal Lake  
      Trip Details:

Total distance covered:  539 KM
      Total duration of the trip:  17 hours

Road Conditions:

NH163 - Yadadri to Warangal:  Quite a few diversions, patchy roads, potholes, and heavy truck traffic (at night). Other connecting roads are good to okay. If travelling to Pakhal lake from Laknavaram then do not blindly follow Google maps. It'll take you through some thandas.  We drove almost 6 KM through a thanda and got lost.  Just take left at Mallampalli and follow NH365 until Narsampet (Ambedkar statue), and then take left and follow Pakhal road till the lake.  
      Food Options:

Limited food options everywhere we visited except Warangal. At Laknavaram, food options available like lunch, but depends on the crowd. Better to carry home-made food to other places.  

Parking Facility:

Limited or no proper parking facilities at all places I visited. It'll be chaos at Laknavaram in peak season unless there is an alternative.  

• Gandikota meetup on January 26 and 27th