India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

On 9/20/2018 at 9:52 AM, Guest surender said:

Is there any places to stay night at bogatha watefalls

No stay options at Bogatha waterfalls.

You can stay in Laknavaram.

On 7/2/2018 at 4:30 PM, karthik said:

Day 1:

Hyderabad to Bogatha waterfalls

Bogathawaterfalls to Laknavaram

Day 2:

Laknavaram to Warangal

Warangal to Hyderabad

How is this?

Day 1:

Hyderabad to Warangal - Start early morning from Hyderabad - Spent time till noon at warangal, Take lunch

Warangal to Laknavaram Lake - head towards Laknavaram rach by 4. Enjoy evening and nightstay.

Day 2:

Laknavaram Lake to Bogatha waterfalls - Take breakfast(also carry some) and start towards waterfall. Enjoy till afternoon 

Bogatha waterfalls to Laknavaram - Have your lunch

Laknavaram to Hyderabad - Return to Hyderabad

• Like 2

Looks perfect for a weekend getaway @Musafir. This is the time to do Bogatha and do expect a lot of crowd over there. :D Please do share your experience once you are done with the drive :) 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Musafir said:

How is this?

This is good. 
When are you planing to drive down. 
I would suggest you to wait for few more days. 
Monsoon is arrived fully. 

• Like 2

I do not recommend Laknavaram visit as there will not be any water now. I did not stary but the cottages of Haritha are no good. Instead Ramappa has new cottages and lake will have water 365 days. 

Another best option is staying at Tadvai Huts of Forest Department. They are very close to Bogatha and good. Check this link.. http://www.ecotourism.bhupalpally.com/tadvai_huts.html  This is just on the road to Bogatha. You go early to the Bogatha before Hyderabad crowd starts and come back to Tadvai for Lunch. Pl note when flow is more, they will not allow any one in to the water. In such case you can not spend much time there. 

Even at Warangal visit 1000 Pillar temple and Bhadrakali Temple. Fort can be avoided if time is constraint. 

Edited by Shekar
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Ranger said:

This is good. 
When are you planing to drive down. 
I would suggest you to wait for few more days. 
Monsoon is arrived fully. 

@Ranger I was planning for this weekend 13th and 14th.

Will the water flow be more now?

Edited by Musafir
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Shekar said:

Tadvai Huts

DSC_0146.jpg.5bd1a08b2ebc9f10f391f8f100097299.jpgDSC_0147.jpg.db598141bb67f6247043317d8a4d0dcd.jpg

@Shekar Nice pics. Thanks for information regarding accommodation and other useful tips. 

• Like 2

Looks like govt has constructed a pool for visitors near water fall which can accommodate 200+ people. Some restaurants also available where you can order in advance if you are going as 20+ group.

Recent Picture on 13th July

Source google

bogatha_waterfall.JPG.32adb067d4acffb00a2d49beb2d5d42c.JPG

• Like 3

Thanks a lot for sharing this latest update on the water flow at the falls @Musafir.. I seriously feel sad to see this development towards a commercial end at this place .. My bad that I haven't imagined to see a park being developed here .. :( 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Musafir said:

Recent Picture on 13th July

I think it is better to wait for few more weeks. 
Flows looks average. 
Also it is over crowded on weekends. 

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Shekar
      I did not travelled for three months and the traveller in side me is thirsty.
      Few plans to West Maharastra and Goa with friends did not materialised.

I had also planned a trip to Chitrakote falls with family friends but they were afraid of travelling in Chattisgarh.
      It was late night of 27th July, 2018 Friday and I was desperate to go to some place.
      I asked my wife and son Shall we go to Chitrakote Waterfalls? They said yes.

Rough route plan was with me. No bookings for night stay made. 

Got up early on 28-07-2018 Saturday and started from Home by 5.30 AM and reached Warangal by 7.30 AM.

I know the route up to Eturunagaram before Bhogatha and I know very well that once we cross Warangal,
      it is difficult to get any food. So we had Breakfast at Hotel Ashoka, Hanmakonda, once my favorite. Entered in to Mulugu road (from here entire roads are 2 lane) by 8.30 AM. 

Our original thought was to come back in the same route from Chitrakote but it proved wrong.
      Initially we thought of seeing Bhogatha falls in return journey so as to reach Chitrakote early.
      By 10.30 we were at Bhogatha Falls cross road and its only 1 Km from there. We thought lets have a look without wasting much time.

It proved to be good decision. 

• Our picks