India-Drive
  • Welcome!

Welcome to India-Drive, Road trips and travel group. Please register to join us.

3 minutes ago, Moorthy said:

Is January good time to visit this place? or there is no water flow in the falls?

Water flow is very less in January.
But the place is very calm and peaceful, it is worth a drive. You can also cover few places around Warangal.

You can stay at Laknavaram, make sure you book the wooden cottages given below

https://www.india-drive.com/index.php?/topic/177-hyderabad-to-laknavaram/
https://www.india-drive.com/index.php?/topic/14-road-trip-from-hyderabad-to-warangal-and-laknavaram-telangana/

Avoid these places during long weekends, it is over crowded. 

• Like 2

I had visited this Bogatha Waterfalls this yesterday (15th Jan 2017). There was water, but no falls :(.

Yes it was crowded, as it was Shankranti holiday.

4-way lane construction is in progress and half the way was 2-way lane drive.

Might try with Laknavaram cheruvu next time during Monsoon.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, b@r@n said:

I had visited this Bogatha Waterfalls this yesterday (15th Jan 2017). There was water, but no falls

Yeah,
Monsoon is the best time to visit.

1 hour ago, b@r@n said:

It is usually overcrowded during long weekends.
We observed this at Laknavaram.

1 hour ago, b@r@n said:

Laknavaram is good during winter, If you can find accommodation in wooden cottages. 

Any pictures of your drive?

• Like 4

On ‎16‎-‎01‎-‎2018 at 2:30 PM, b@r@n said:

I had visited this Bogatha Waterfalls this yesterday (15th Jan 2017). There was water, but no falls :(.

4-way lane construction is in progress and half the way was 2-way lane drive.

Yeah, It is really not the right time to visit this place. @b@r@n Have you covered any other places along with this or Just Bogatha falls..? If so, Any new stay options around this place?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, sagar said:

Yeah, It is really not the right time to visit this place. @b@r@n Have you covered any other places along with this or Just Bogatha falls..? If so, Any new stay options around this place?

@sagar There were 2 Haritha resorts, of which one is Laknavaram... other resort I don't remember the name...

• Like 4

Yeah @b@r@n, I feel Laknavaram hut stays would be apt to plan a visit to Bogatha if we want to avoid a just a day drive. The hut stay by the lake side is much relaxing offering beautiful views. Only problem is that it runs full house almost all the weekends  :(

• Like 5

You have 2 places to stay @ Haritha TSTDC. one at Laknavaram and the other one at after Mulugu. on the right side.

The one at Laknavaram is good to stay and relax. Weekends you need to have advanced booking. Don;t try to go during Jan month end as Sammakka jatara is happening from Jan 31st to Feb 3rd. The roads and hotels are busy during weekends before and after jatara.

You can also visit Ramappa temple and a lake. that is also huze lake and boating option is there.

http://www.telanganatourism.gov.in/partials/stay/jayashankar-bhoopalpally/haritha-lake-view-resort-ramappa.html

http://www.telanganatourism.gov.in/partials/stay/jayashankar-bhoopalpally/haritha-hotel-laknavaram.html

Recently i heard that @tadvai Forest Guest house they started accommodation in the huts. Please check.

Tadavi is located in the middle of forest enroute to Eturunagaram/Bogatha falls and comes after 15km from Pasra.

seems they started/staring a Trecking package to Pandavulagutta near Tadvai.

Edited by sahil
  • Like 4

Laknavaram lake is crowded during weekends. If you can't avoid try to visit before lunch or at max 3 PM. Otherwise its very difficult to get parking place and can epect traffic jam during return journey.

• Like 4

On 19/01/2018 at 10:54 PM, sahil said:

seems they started/staring a Trecking package to Pandavulagutta near Tadvai.

This now sounds like a new place to me @sahil Could you please share more details on this place ? :) 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, hsudhir said:

This now sounds like a new place to me @sahil Could you please share more details on this place ? :) 

I can tell you. Any specific things you want to know?

• Like 4

13 hours ago, sahil said:

I can tell you. Any specific things you want to know?

How to reach Pandavulagutta ? TIA 😃

• Like 4

On 22/01/2018 at 11:39 AM, sahil said:

I didn' go to Pandavulagutta yet. District collector Amrapali recently did it. Still its unexplored place.

http://english.sakshi.com/news/2017/09/04/-collector-amrapalis-adventurous-rock-climbing-at-pandavula-gutta

http://www.thehansindia.com/posts/index/Telangana/2017-09-04/Amrapali-makes-it-a-super-Sunday/323959

There is a news about Tadavi hut stay, birds watching in the forest on the way to Bogatha water falls

Tadavi_hutStay.jpg

• Like 4

Guest Sasank

We are planning to go on this monday feb 19th can we make it up in one day? Laknavaram and bogatha falls.?

4 minutes ago, Guest Sasank said:

We are planning to go on this monday feb 19th can we make it up in one day? Laknavaram and bogatha falls.?

You wont find water in Bogatha waterfalls.
Cover all places in a single day is going to be hectic. 

Would suggest you to do Laknavaram and Ramappa temple in a single day.
If you are planning to cover Bogatha waterfalls, plan it during monsoon. 

• Like 2

Anyone recently visited Bogatha waterfalls?

Is there any water-flow in this month?
Should I wait till August? 

• Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Shekar
      I did not travelled for three months and the traveller in side me is thirsty.
      Few plans to West Maharastra and Goa with friends did not materialised.

I had also planned a trip to Chitrakote falls with family friends but they were afraid of travelling in Chattisgarh.
      It was late night of 27th July, 2018 Friday and I was desperate to go to some place.
      I asked my wife and son Shall we go to Chitrakote Waterfalls? They said yes.

Rough route plan was with me. No bookings for night stay made. 

Got up early on 28-07-2018 Saturday and started from Home by 5.30 AM and reached Warangal by 7.30 AM.

I know the route up to Eturunagaram before Bhogatha and I know very well that once we cross Warangal,
      it is difficult to get any food. So we had Breakfast at Hotel Ashoka, Hanmakonda, once my favorite. Entered in to Mulugu road (from here entire roads are 2 lane) by 8.30 AM. 

Our original thought was to come back in the same route from Chitrakote but it proved wrong.
      Initially we thought of seeing Bhogatha falls in return journey so as to reach Chitrakote early.
      By 10.30 we were at Bhogatha Falls cross road and its only 1 Km from there. We thought lets have a look without wasting much time.

It proved to be good decision. 

• Our picks